General News & Information about Albert, Charlene & Family 5: July 2020 - Jan. 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think PCh is on the way out of Monaco.

She still after all this time, she doesn’t seem comfortable in her position.
She goes to the Red Cross likes she a guest and not like she is the #1 lady in the country.

It’s just not her, she’s a jock. She comfortable in sports and the like.

Notice how the kids are making the rounds now.

That haircut says it all.

I think PCh is on the way out of Monaco.

She still after all this time, she doesn’t seem comfortable in her position.
She goes to the Red Cross likes she a guest and not like she is the #1 lady in the country.

It’s just not her, she’s a jock. She comfortable in sports and the like.

Notice how the kids are making the rounds now.

That haircut says it all.

just because she doesn't want to be a working Princess does not mean that she'd "goiing out of MOnaco". The kids are older, and are starting to do a litlte bit of Public appearances. She's doing less.

:previous: There shouldn't be the need for two 6-year old kids to take on (more) royal duties because their mother isn't willing to do her part.

:previous: There shouldn't be the need for two 6-year old kids to take on (more) royal duties because their mother isn't willing to do her part.

I hardly think that there is a "need".. they are just at an age when many royal children do a litlte appearance to get used to the whole thing. And Charlene never seems to have done very much so notihng has changed.

just because she doesn't want to be a working Princess does not mean that she'd "goiing out of MOnaco". The kids are older, and are starting to do a litlte bit of Public appearances. She's doing less.

I don't think she's leaving but most royal parents wait until their kids are in their 20s at least before handing more and more work over to them.

For many years the excuse from her fans for her not doing more public duties was that she wanted to be a mother first and foremost and they're only young once, fair enough. Now she's apparently been a continent away from her kids whilst they've made more official appearances than she has.

I appreciate that she has been ill and is doing good work in SA but she appears to have been away from her family for nearly 3 months at least and her kids are only 6.

Her brother and sister in law are spending more time in Monaco than she is.

I realise that Monaco is the last European monarchy where a consort can do this since she doesn't need to prove to taxpayers that she's worth their money and Monaco is tiny but it's still notable.

Even by Charlene's own standards it's worthy of comment IMO.

Last edited:
I don't think she's leaving but most royal parents wait until their kids are in their 20s at least before handing more and more work over to them.

For many years the excuse from her fans for her not doing more public duties was that she wanted to be a mother first and foremost and they're only young once, fair enough. Now she's apparently been a continent away from her kids whilst they've made more official appearances than she has.

I appreciate that she has been ill and is doing good work in SA but she appears to have been away from her family for nearly 3 months at least and her kids are only 6.

Her brother and sister in law are spending more time in Monaco than she is.

I realise that Monaco is the last European monarchy where a consort can do this since she doesn't need to prove to taxpayers that she's worth their money and Monaco is tiny but it's still notable.

Oh well I dont think she was ever going to do any appreciable work..by the sound of things. And the kids are a bit older now so she can go away and leave them and go back to SA. Maybe she likes it better there... but I dont think she's likely to break up her marriage.

Is that Gareth's daughter?

Lovely photo of them all together.

The person on the right looks very much like a younger version of Charlene.
Who’s who in this picture?

P Charlene’s younger brother Sean and his family: wife Chantell ( now heads up the SA branch of the PCMF), son Raigen and daughter Aiva-Grace.

I think this pic may well have been taken in SA - it is winter there and they all seem warmly dressed.

I think this pic may well have been taken in SA - it is winter there and they all seem warmly dressed.

I was thinking the clothes were a little too much for summer in the South of France.

Perhaps the Prince flew to South Africa after the Feast of Corpus Christi ceremony on Thursday or else the Princess is using photos from a few months ago?

Quick look back at news articles it appears that Aiva was born 31 may 2016 (or very near to that), so my guess would be that the picture is certainly not from a few months ago, and my other guess is that P.Albert and the kids popped over in a private jet somewhere around the previous weekend (between Monaco events)

Charlene has for me anyway been a huge disappointment while charities and obligations in royal life are the backbone she appears to be doing her own thing not working as part of a team. I don't like that sort of behaviour, I agree children should never replace an adult at formal occasions her place is with her husband on these days that are of national or/and social importance otherwise what is there! this is only IMO of course

Charlene has for me anyway been a huge disappointment while charities and obligations in royal life are the backbone she appears to be doing her own thing not working as part of a team. I don't like that sort of behaviour, I agree children should never replace an adult at formal occasions her place is with her husband on these days that are of national or/and social importance otherwise what is there! this is only IMO of course

Its hardly soemthing new, is it? It does not seem as if she's ever been very active as a Princess and now that her children are growing a bit older, its not like she's with them all the time either.

Quick look back at news articles it appears that Aiva was born 31 may 2016 (or very near to that), so my guess would be that the picture is certainly not from a few months ago, and my other guess is that P.Albert and the kids popped over in a private jet somewhere around the previous weekend (between Monaco events)
Aiva was born 24th May, I believe.

I saw an article and picture coincidentally and I am quite shocked.
Let's hope the Princess is not seriously ill. She does not look very well in that photo, though it's no formal occasion so probably no stylist and no photoshop.

I hope the best for them.

Aiva was born 24th May, I believe.

quite possible, i saw an article dated 2 june 2016, which is a thursday and it said "last tuesday" as the day Aiva was born which led me to 31 may, but it could well be last tuesday as in the week before, so that would be 24 may

that gave P.Albert and the twins even a little more travel room ptobably for this year's birthday :flowers: and who knows, they might often have popped over to see Charlene at work in SA, when you have the luxury of private travel, why not use it ?

news and information about Albert, Charlene and family

Aiva may have been born on may 24th but her parents postponed the party to celebrate it with Albert, Charlene and the twins one week later because Albert was not free to fly to SA this last week with Jacques and Gabriella who had to go to school

Albert and the twins were in South Africa also to celebrate early the 10th anniversary of their wedding, Albert and the twins took the plane after the ceremony of the fète Dieu thuesday evening
On the photo, Charlene lost a lot of weight, she was more ill that the palace said it in the press release

Aiva may have been born on may 24th but her parents postponed the party to celebrate it with Albert, Charlene and the twins one week later because Albert was not free to fly to SA this last week with Jacques and Gabriella who had to go to school

Albert and the twins were in South Africa also to celebrate early the 10th anniversary of their wedding, Albert and the twins took the plane after the ceremony of the fète Dieu thuesday evening
On the photo, Charlene lost a lot of weight, she was more ill that the palace said it in the press release

They didn't postpone the party - she had a party on her birthday with her friends and her parents' friends.

This is a separate small family celebration.

Are the Monaco schools on a break at the moment?

Also, I shall take this opportunity to put you straight on something - nobody here has expressed surprise at the dates or said that this some kind of montage by the Palace.

You have no idea when Albert and the twins went to South Africa or why they went - most likely to see family and catch up with Charlene when she was unable to fly and not for a kid's birthday party and an early wedding anniversary celebration.

When you published the original birthday photo you also thought it was Roc Agel and made up some nonsense about wearing sweaters because it's higher up.

Last edited:
In Charlene's defense, she has had to endure a very difficult and challenging marriage from the beginning.
Even now Albert is currently embattled in another child paternity scandal.
It is evident that it has taken its toll but she seems like she is doing the best she can.

In Charlene's defense, she has had to endure a very difficult and challenging marriage from the beginning.
It is evident that it has taken its toll but she seems like she is doing the best she can.

She must have been aware that Albert had 2 children by other women and that he hadn't wanted to acknowledge the first one. She's lived with him for some time before they got married, so she had time to decide if she wanted the marriage or not. it seems to me that she's just not that keen on doing the usual royal duties and presumably Albert is OK with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
She must have been aware that Albert had 2 children by other women and that he hadn't wanted to acknowledge the first one. She's lived with him for some time before they got married, so she had time to decide if she wanted the marriage or not. it seems to me that she's just not that keen on doing the usual royal duties and presumably Albert is OK with that.
It's one thing for bachelor Albert to have relationships and 2 kids out of wedlock.
It's another thing for a Albert as a husband who swore before God and men to do such things.

It's one thing for bachelor Albert to have relationships and 2 kids out of wedlock.
It's another thing for a Albert as a husband who swore before God and men to do such things.

The girl claiming to be his daughter was born in July 2015 but he wasn't going out with Charlene at that time so if she is his daughter then it's got nothing to do with his relationship with his wife.

wasn't there a scandal aorund the time they got married? I think if all this stuff was going to bother Charlene, she must have knonwn it before they got married... Even if ALbert only has 2 children by girlfriends, other women are likley to pop up wiht claims and he had a long bachelor life...

quite possible, i saw an article dated 2 june 2016, which is a thursday and it said "last tuesday" as the day Aiva was born which led me to 31 may, but it could well be last tuesday as in the week before, so that would be 24 may

that gave P.Albert and the twins even a little more travel room ptobably for this year's birthday :flowers: and who knows, they might often have popped over to see Charlene at work in SA, when you have the luxury of private travel, why not use it ?

In normal times, yes that would be OK, but at present there's still restrictions on travelling.

Last edited by a moderator:

Serious question here because I don't closely follow the RF of Monaco but what has been so terribly difficult and challenging in her marriage? The two out of wedlock children were, I believe, both known about before the marriage. I know there have been loads of rumors about the nature of the marriage and what "arrangements" there might be behind the scenes and, of course, there were loads of "runaway bride" rumors around the time of the wedding. And it certainly didn't help matters that she sobbed and looked miserable all the way through the wedding. But none of those really speak to the marriage being difficult and challenging. What am I missing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom