Gender, names, and godparent guessing for Harry and Meghan's first child

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guess the sex of Harry and Meghan's first baby!

• Boy

Votes: 55 29.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 105 55.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Boy

Votes: 3 1.6%
  • Twins - Boy/Girl

Votes: 19 10.1%
  • Twins - Girl/Girl

Votes: 7 3.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I think Harry and Meghan might surprise us I wouldn't be surprised with four names, especially in view of their ages and possible future children. So for second names I'm going with - "Elizabeth Diana Doria" - just so they can include those that probably should be included. First names -

Sophia, Amelia, Louisa, Helena, Alice or Cecelia.

I can see Victoria being used if there was another girl in the future.

Not good at thinking for boys - Alexander would be a preference

Alexander Charles Phillip.

Loyce :ermm: Why would they use it and not Doria? Having Doria as a middle name isn't not letting the kid have own identity. That's what royals do, name their kids for people.

I don't see them choosing anything old fashioned like Edwina (even ignoring the history). Think they will pick a name from the family but something more modern feeling. And the name will honor both families.

To honor the Markles I would love to see Frederick. It's a name of Meghan's great grabdfather. There us Freddie Windsor but that is distant enough.

Frederick Philip Charles

Philip Charles Francis

Edmund Frederick Charles

Alexandra Frances Doria

Amelia Doria Elizabeth

I'm sticking with Doriana; enough Diana and Doria to be "named after" and not too much so the child can have an own identity

Maybe a mix of the two names Henry/Harry and Meghan!! hahaha

Henham
Graham
Arny
Ryan
Remy
Herman

Anya
Anne
Mary
Renae
Meryam
Myrna

:previous: :lol:
or if they want to go with other variations of their baptizmal names as mixmaterial:

Henchel
Rary
Alchel
Mebert/Megbert

yeah...maybe not :lol:

But i noticed while doing genealogy that in the US sometimes kids get their mother's last names as a first names?
I think in that case I'd go with "Mark" as a short version of Markle, also it is not too out there, but also not completely traditional

So i'm gonna go with
Doriana for a girl
Mark for a boy

Last edited:
But neither has much connection to the couple personally. And that seems to be the preference for this couple: personal. And if it’s not to honor someone, I’m sure it’s a name they’ve liked for a long time. And Edwina isn’t a lot of people’s tea. :lol:

Its a horrible name, old fashioned, too masculine.. I doubt if they'd consider it.. Edwina Mountbatten was hardly a popular Royal...

I'm sticking with Doriana; enough Diana and Doria to be "named after" and not too much so the child can have an own identity

Doubt if they will go for "made up" names like that. if they want to honuour Doria and Diana, they wil add their names to the set of names...

Actually she was Edwina Mountbatten, Countess Mountbatten of Burma. Married to Admiral of the Fleet Louis Francis Albert Victor Nicholas Mountbatten, 1st Earl Mountbatten of Burma, KG, GCB, OM, GCSI, GCIE, GCVO, DSO, PC, FRS, uncle of The Duke of Edinburgh and the second cousin once removed of the Queen.

I just never liked the name Edwina much. Then again, she could be known as Winnie. ?

A (joke) prediction from Piers Morgan:

The Duchess of Sussex has her baby on April 1, and in a sharp break from Royal tradition declares her new arrival is ‘gender-fluid’ and will be known as both Oprah and Oliver.

‘Is this a bloody April Fools’ joke?’ splutters Prince Philip when informed of the news.

Meghan also confirms she wishes to be known as a ‘co-parent’ rather than ‘mother’, and orders Prince Harry to wear a papoose 24/7 to ‘expunge the last toxins of masculinity’ from his poor emasculated soul.

One thing we can be absolutely certain about is that baby Sussex won't be called Piers. :D

won't be called Piers

It is no accident that Piers has never figured amongst the names given to Royal Boys on this island..
'Google' Piers Gaveston...

A (joke) prediction from Piers Morgan:

The Duchess of Sussex has her baby on April 1, and in a sharp break from Royal tradition declares her new arrival is ‘gender-fluid’ and will be known as both Oprah and Oliver.

‘Is this a bloody April Fools’ joke?’ splutters Prince Philip when informed of the news.

Meghan also confirms she wishes to be known as a ‘co-parent’ rather than ‘mother’, and orders Prince Harry to wear a papoose 24/7 to ‘expunge the last toxins of masculinity’ from his poor emasculated soul.
Poor Piers. Still trying to find something he's good at. Now he can cross "comedian" off his list.

Let's move on from Piers Morgan and get back to discussing the names and godparents for Harry and Meghan's first child.

Jade Henrietta Jeanette

Desiree Victoria Diana

Sabrina Diana Morulaganyi (Botswanian for 'one who puts things in their right order'
and Sabrina is the name of a Celtic goddess)

Audrey Philippa Elizabeth

I wonder whether Misha Nonoo and Markus Anderson or others of Meghan's friends might be named godparents.

And far from Meghan 'emasculating' Prince Harry, I think the opposite is obviously the case: with the support of his wife, he's matured into a more confident and mature man. ?

Last edited:
Girl - Lady Anne Mountbatten-Windsor

Is Harry so very close to his paternal aunt?

My gut feeling is that they’ll pick go the Anne/Zara/Peter route and pick a first name they like just for the sound of it and use only the middle names to honor family. I don’t have specific names in mind, though.

This feeling is based on Meghan and Harry’s general style of presenting themselves, which is less formal and traditional, combined with comments Harry has made about feeling quite aware that he (and, by extension, his branch) won’t always be at the center of the spotlight. So I think they’ll probably feel less pressure or inclination to pick a name that sounds thoroughly “carrying-on-the-line.”

My gut feeling is that they’ll pick go the Anne/Zara/Peter route and pick a first name they like just for the sound of it and use only the middle names to honor family. I don’t have specific names in mind, though.

Loratô Diana Elizabeth

Saffron Jeannette Frances

I see names which equivalents in other languages.

I don’t expect a traditional name for their child, but it’ll be a fairly common name, nothing unusual.

Also for godparents, I’m expecting one of the York’s and someone related from the spencer side of the family. Also maybe Jessica Mulroney

This feeling is based on Meghan and Harry’s general style of presenting themselves, which is less formal and traditional, combined with comments Harry has made about feeling quite aware that he (and, by extension, his branch) won’t always be at the center of the spotlight. So I think they’ll probably feel less pressure or inclination to pick a name that sounds thoroughly “carrying-on-the-line.”

Right, that's why I suggested Jade, Desiree, Sabrina, and Audrey, with more traditional middle names. If they chose a Botswanian name somewhere in the mix that would be very cool (the name I suggested earlier has such an apropos meaning). ?

Jade? I don't think so.....

? This is just fun speculation. If you don't like Jade, you must be pearl-clutching at Saffron and guffawing at Lorato. ?

Last edited:
Name for a boy - Dorian Philip Charles

It's not a traditional name similar to Zara it's a great way to pay tribute to Doria, and to Harry's grandfather and Father.

Not sure about the name for a girl yet but Lady Jeanette has a lovely ring to it.

:previous: Yes, if it's a boy, 'Dorian' would surely be a great way to honor Doria. However, I doubt it would be used as a first name for a boy.

I don't see them going out in left field like Zara. Even with a family name from Meghan. Unlike Anne's kids, Harrys aren't private citizens. I do think they will honor the markle side but in a middle name.

Or in a first name with royal heritage. Meghan has a great grabdfather named Frederick for example.

I do think they will go further a limb in the family tree then William for names

Right, that's why I suggested Jade, Desiree, Sabrina, and Audrey, with more traditional middle names. If they chose a Botswanian name somewhere in the mix that would be very cool (the name I suggested earlier has such an apropos meaning). ?

? This is just fun speculation. If you don't like Jade, you must be pearl-clutching at Saffron and guffawing at Lorato. ?

Lorato is as appropriate as Morulaganyi. It is the word for love in Setswana and Sesotho- some of the languages of Botswana & Lesotho.;)

More guesses (first names more left of field):

Eloise Harriet Mary Serena
Jean Diana Loyce Victoria

Barry Charles Henry William
Peter Francis Charles David

I think the baby will have only three names, just like William's kids.

If it's a girl, Victoria
Lady Victoria

Boy, David, Lord David

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom