Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Olav Hans Christian Johannes Henrik any Guesses on Godparents

wymanda said:
Dagmar Elisabeth Petra Ophelia

Frederick Alexandre Hamlet

????

I absolutely ADORE the name Ophelia. I think it's gorgeous and highly underrated as a girl's name. I know it probably won't be the first name [if it's a girl], but I would love to see it as one of her names if possible.

Xeara said:
Polly...what is wrong with Elvis? I realise that this is going to sound like a kneejerk reaction...but my 3 year old son actually IS called Elvis!!! ;) But his big sister is luckily not Paris...Or I would have to take you to task twice :)

Well, nothing is wrong with the name Elvis. However, as royalty......they don't have the ability for creative license like we non-royals do. For you, it's a great name and I'm sure it suits your son to a T. However, for the son of the future King of Denmark.....it might not work.

Georg Maximillian Axel Frederik Alexander Henrik Andre

Christian has 4 names,so his brother will not have more.

For a boy: Jorgen Andre Sebastian Lennart

For a girl: Ingeborg Kirsten Margarethe Henrietta

tricia said:
For a boy: Jorgen Andre Sebastian Lennart

For a girl: Ingeborg Kirsten Margarethe Henrietta

I prefer not to try and predict the names as there are so many:ermm: , but I really like your choices tricia. As I think that their second baby will be a boy (JMO) Jorgen might be a good choice. :)

I think Dagmar would be a really pretty name.........Something like Louise Margarethe Henrietta Dagmar would be nice!!! I don't think Fred and Mary will choose Ingrid (at least not for the first name), since Haakon and Mette named their daughter that. But who knows:)

^^

Yeah, Ingrid is too common among royal babies. I would prefer they think outside the box....but not too far. I still think Thyra would be a beautiful name. It's in the family, it's Danish and it's a little unexpected. For any Danes that post here, how do you pronounce that name? I've tried to figure it out, but the most I can think of are:

Tie-ra
Tear-a
Theer-a
Thigh-ra

I doubt any of those are right! LOL

Sister Morphine said:
^^

Yeah, Ingrid is too common among royal babies. I would prefer they think outside the box....but not too far. I still think Thyra would be a beautiful name. It's in the family, it's Danish and it's a little unexpected. For any Danes that post here, how do you pronounce that name? I've tried to figure it out, but the most I can think of are:

Tie-ra
Tear-a
Theer-a
Thigh-ra

I doubt any of those are right! LOL

I think that the pronoucing of the name is just as the American way you know like Tyra Banks ?
Her in Denmark we has just added the letter h betwen t and y hope it makes sence.:flowers:

H.M. Margrethe said:
I think that the pronoucing of the name is just as the American way you know like Tyra Banks ?
Her in Denmark we has just added the letter h betwen t and y hope it makes sence.:flowers:

Ah, so my first guess was spot on. Thanks! :)

girl :Margrethe and boy :Frederick Alexander

Caroline. I would like to know the pronunciation in danish.

I don't think they will use Henri or John in the baby's name, male or female, since Christian already has both of those. I know Mary's mum's name is Henrietta, but using the "Henri" for Christian's name was probably a nod not only to Prince Henrik, but to Mary's mother as well.

If they have a girl, I'm sure that Ingrid, if not the first name, will probably be among their choices. I don't think they'll use Margrethe as a first name either. If it's a boy, you can be he'll probably have Frederik somewhere in his name.

I think a good formula for another boy would be Traditional Name, Danish Name, Family Name, Traditional Name which is almost how Christian's name went. The Christian was a traditional name, Valdemar is a very Danish name, and Henri (paternal gf and maternal gm) and John (maternal gm) were both family names. A hypothetical name would be something like Harald Edvard Gustav Frederik. For a girl, I think Dagmar Thyra Ingrid Margrethe is a good choice. I really hope they decide to honor Queen Ingrid, and I think Margrethe is a wonderful choice not only for the present queen, but also the queen's own grandmother and namesake, Princess Margaret of Connaught. And for a boy, I think Gustav is a great choice, not only for the queen's grandfather (Gustav Adolf, husband of Margaret and father of Queen Ingrid) and if they use that, maybe Fred's cousin Gustav could be a potential godfather.

I'd LOVE to see Mary, Maxima and Letizia as godmothers to each others new babies. I hope at least one of them opts for this, although Mary couldn't be godmother to Infante/a #2, and since they usually only have one of each godparent, Maxima (she's still Catholic, isn't she?) would be a great choice.

rosana said:
Caroline. I would like to know the pronunciation in danish.
Maybe like
Karoline - kah-ro-LEE-nu (German) or Karolina - kah-ro-LEE-nah (German) - usage 1. German, Danish, Norwegian, 2. Polish, Scandinavian, Hungarian, Slovene, German;
Caroline - I know only usage French - ka-ro-LEEN and English - KER-o-lien.

magnik said:
Maybe like
Karoline - kah-ro-LEE-nu (German) or Karolina - kah-ro-LEE-nah (German) - usage 1. German, Danish, Norwegian, 2. Polish, Scandinavian, Hungarian, Slovene, German;
Caroline - I know only usage French - ka-ro-LEEN and English - KER-o-lien.

Very close :)

"Kah-ro-lee-neh" rather then "Kah-ro-lee-nah"

I love Morhange's suggestions of "Harald Edvard Gustav Frederik" and "Dagmar Thyra Ingrid Margrethe"...but I prefer "Thyra Dagmar Ingrid Margrethe"...Thyra just seems more modern and fresher than Dagmar...even though I know Dagmar and Thyra were sisters (names from the same era)...

But I definitely think *Harald* will be a forerunner for the boys name because it combines an old fashioned, traditional name with modern nickname (Prince Harry of Denmark???)...Can't wait to see what they choose, but I think we will be waiting until August 2007...Ho hum!

Xeara said:
I love Morhange's suggestions of "Harald Edvard Gustav Frederik" and "Dagmar Thyra Ingrid Margrethe"...but I prefer "Thyra Dagmar Ingrid Margrethe"...Thyra just seems more modern and fresher than Dagmar...even though I know Dagmar and Thyra were sisters (names from the same era)...

Yay.....someone else who votes for Thyra if the baby is a girl. :)

I really, really like that name and would use it in my own family if/when I have any children.

Boy:Frederik André Harald
Erik Ingmar Johann Christopher

Girl: Henrietta Margrethe Friderika
Alexandrine Christina Ingrid Dagmar

Kathrine Rose Elisabeth Mary Henrietta Louise

I hope for the 2nd child they choose something quite "different" as they were obliged to choose Christian to keep in line with tradition.

Boy:
Morten
Arend
Gregos
Jakob
Lauritz

Girl
Aleksia
Saffi
Ingelise
Larine
Petrine

I think, too somehow that it is a boy, but I would like to see a little princess!!

I think it will be a GIRL!!! Only because the whole story of Mary Donaldson reads like a fairy tale anyway why shouldn't she get wants this time...

What I mean is who would of thought a middle class career girl working in Sydney, Australia (raised in Tasmania) would meet the future king of Denmark in a pub, no less...She did...Who would have thought she would have married him too...she did...who would of thought she would get pregnant so early in their marriage...she did...who would have thought their first child would be a boy and therefore taking the pressure of them to produce an heir...she did...

So although there are alot of boys in that family, I think Mary somehow leads a charmed life and is carrying a girl...I think the pattern of their kids will be
"upside down and inside out" of her own family - which is G-G-B-G - so Mary and Fred will have: B-G-B-B...And Mary and her own brother, John are only 18 months apart too (Jane, Patricia, John & Mary)...So I am hoping for: Christian, Thyra, Harald, Johannes???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom