Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy


If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

  • Boy

    Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

    Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

    Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

    Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

    Votes: 5 2.0%

  • Total voters
    254
Status
Not open for further replies.
betina said:
I found this link (and i hope i found the english link) to the ministry of family affairs.
Here you can see the rules about first, middle and last names, and thereafter i have linked the lists of names approved for girls and boys in Denmark. :flowers:
We have theese laws so parents wont call their children names they will be nagged about. Some years ago in Denmark some parents wanted to call their son Satan:bang: and they were not allowed thank God .

Familiestyrelsen: The Danish Act on Names

and here the names:
Familiestyrelsen: Navnelister

choose either "Godkendte drengefornavne" (approved boy names)and hit "Vis liste"
or "Godkendte pigefornavne" (approvedgirl names) and hit "Vis liste"

Hope this solve it else feel free to ask more :flowers:

Thanks for the links, Betina! It's interesting to see a lot of Muslim, Spanish/Latin American, Italian and German names on the lists, what could be seem as a sign of respect to the foreigners who live in Denmark.
Some names are odd, like Boy, Brutus and Cello and not royal at all :rolleyes:
 
Xeara said:
I think Mary is born lucky so she will have the pigeon pair...boy then girl, and if they decide to have four children like Mary said...I predict two boys in a row...So boy-girl-boy-boy

Has she said that? Four kids nowadays are so much but if they want and can have four children it's great. Imagine a girl surrounded by three jeoulous brothers... I have a cousin in the same situation, she's the second child and has one big brother and two little brothers and she has a lot of problems dealing with her protective brothers, the poor girl... :rolleyes:
 
cristine said:
Has she said that? Four kids nowadays are so much but if they want and can have four children it's great. Imagine a girl surrounded by three jeoulous brothers... I have a cousin in the same situation, she's the second child and has one big brother and two little brothers and she has a lot of problems dealing with her protective brothers, the poor girl... :rolleyes:
She stated that she thought 4 was a good number, and that she loved growing up with three siblings. Not those exact words, but she's said that.
 
betina said:
I found this link (and i hope i found the english link) to the ministry of family affairs.
Here you can see the rules about first, middle and last names, and thereafter i have linked the lists of names approved for girls and boys in Denmark. :flowers:
We have theese laws so parents wont call their children names they will be nagged about. Some years ago in Denmark some parents wanted to call their son Satan:bang: and they were not allowed thank God .

Familiestyrelsen: The Danish Act on Names

and here the names:
Familiestyrelsen: Navnelister

choose either "Godkendte drengefornavne" (approved boy names)and hit "Vis liste"
or "Godkendte pigefornavne" (approvedgirl names) and hit "Vis liste"

Hope this solve it else feel free to ask more :flowers:

Why would you call your child Satan? I can only imagine how unwanted the child would feel in later life after being named after the devil:ohmy:

Thanks for the list Betina! It certainly is long I only flicked through the boy list. Thankfully all my favourites were there:wub:
 
MissSaga said:
She stated that she thought 4 was a good number, and that she loved growing up with three siblings. Not those exact words, but she's said that.

I have three siblings and it's nice to have a lot of brothers and sisters. I can't imagine being the only child or having just one brother or one sister.
 
crm2317 said:
Why would you call your child Satan? I can only imagine how unwanted the child would feel in later life after being named after the devil:ohmy:

Thanks for the list Betina! It certainly is long I only flicked through the boy list. Thankfully all my favourites were there:wub:

I don't understand how you can call your child Eg . :ohmy: That .."name".. was in the list too.
 
crm2317 said:
Why would you call your child Satan? I can only imagine how unwanted the child would feel in later life after being named after the devil:ohmy:

I saw a tv programme some weeks ago here in Brazil and there was an old man called Hitler! :ohmy: Can't you believe? He probably was born during or soon after the WWII and it's unbelievable he was named after that tiran.
Thanks god the royals are more sensible.
 
For a girl:
I think Astrid would be a good choice... maybe as one of the middle names. It's a traditional royal name and there are several Royal women called Astrid (like Princess Astrid of Norway).

> I also like the names Aurelia , Lillian , Margrethe , Marita and Henrietta.

For a boy:
> Sondre , Henrik , Frederik, Erik, Sven
 
Last edited:
I really hope that Mary will have girl :rolleyes: As like me ;)
 
MissSaga said:
I don't understand how you can call your child Eg . :ohmy: That .."name".. was in the list too.

Eg in danish mean Oak in English. So its a tree name.
 
For a boy, I think the'll go for Alexander.
 
I remember when everybody here were guessing about Christian's name and it was more easy that time, since the two options for first name were basicaly Christian and Frederik. Now there are more possibilities but I don't think they will go with a different name. And in the Danish royal family are a lot of nice names, specially for a boy. That's why I think we have a Andre Frederik or a Astrid coming.
 
This is very similar to what we have, apart from we do not publish a list of preapproved names. It basically means that if the name is not on the list then approval must be obtained from the Registrar (or whatever the title of the person who is in charge of the naming office). Unusual names are at their discretion.
A name like Tasman would probably be allowed as a subsidiary (middle) name as it reflects the antecedants of the mother.

betina said:
I found this link (and i hope i found the english link) to the ministry of family affairs.
Here you can see the rules about first, middle and last names, and thereafter i have linked the lists of names approved for girls and boys in Denmark. :flowers:
We have theese laws so parents wont call their children names they will be nagged about. Some years ago in Denmark some parents wanted to call their son Satan:bang: and they were not allowed thank God .

Familiestyrelsen: The Danish Act on Names

and here the names:
Familiestyrelsen: Navnelister

choose either "Godkendte drengefornavne" (approved boy names)and hit "Vis liste"
or "Godkendte pigefornavne" (approvedgirl names) and hit "Vis liste"

Hope this solve it else feel free to ask more :flowers:
 
i think if mary has another boy he will be named after frederik but then he could name him after his own father just maybe, although i like the name rene
 
It would be nice that the new Princess Mary's baby would be a girl...And of course her parents should name her Margrethe Astrid Mary! :D :blush:

Vanesa.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
My new options of names to the new Danish royal baby:

Andre Alexander Frederik Joachim

and

Alice Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta
 
If it's a girl I think Elizabeth would be perfet, and if the baby were to be a boy i believe Magnus would be perfect
 
If Mary and Frederik decide not to chose the name Steve (if the child were a boy) I believe Alexander would be a nice choice.

Other boy names:
Jens
Mogens (pronounced Moans.. I'll just leave it at that.;) )
Mikkel
Henning (meaning Henry in English)
Tosh
Ejnar
Ole
Kaj
Balduin
Kolinkar
Jantzen
Diederik (which means 'ruler of people.' Ironic for a child third in line to the throne.)
Morten
Niels
Ingo
Jan
Knud
Bartram (was the emblem of the Danish royal standard)
Kort
Ryker
Swaine
Van
Aad
Aage
 
LOL Glittering Tiaras - you have been digging deep into the list of unusual names; there are a couple of names I have never heard. :)
But who knows - names of second sons in the royal family has tended to suprise; the name Joachim was a surprise when he was baptised and the same was Felix.
I think my favourite for the first name of a second son is Axel. It looks good in print and the name has been used as a royal name before.
 
I love the name Alexander. It's very commanding.
 
Royal Fan said:
Magnus Felix Haakon Frederik

I like Magnus too but I doubt they will choose it when there is already Haakon Magnus and Sverre Magnus in Norway.
For some reason I don't think it fits in with them if that makes sense. I can't picture Frederik, Mary, Christian and Magnus:)

I like Andre because it is in Frederik's name and is still unusual
 
UserDane said:
LOL Glittering Tiaras - you have been digging deep into the list of unusual names; there are a couple of names I have never heard. :)

:lol:

I was trying to think of some good old Danish names if the baby should be a boy. After searching several sites I found the names (previously mentioned above.)

Bartram, Ole, and Mogens would be nice, but I still think they should name the child Steve, His Royal Highness Prince Steve of Denmark.;)
 
GlitteringTiaras said:
:lol:

.... but I still think they should name the child Steve, His Royal Highness Prince Steve of Denmark.;)
In that case I would opt for twins - one of each: Steve and Stephanie of Denmark! Has a ring to it, doesn't it??;)
 
Daniel V Healy said:
Nicholas or Peter


First, welcome to the board, Daniel:flowers: . I like the name Nicolas, but Frederik's brother's son is named Nikolai. Perhaps Peter would be a good choice.

In that case I would opt for twins - one of each: Steve and Stephanie of Denmark! Has a ring to it, doesn't it??;)

:lol:

Yes, but then they would have to change the spelling of Steven (Steve) to Stephan to match the name Stephanie. Essentially, adding flair to the whole cutesy mixy match baby name.
 
For a girl, I still would like Anne-Therese Henrietta Mary or Sophia Charlotte Margrethe Ingrid.
 
As I've guess Prince Christian's name haha.. here goes my choice:

- Princess Desirée Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom