Death and Funeral of Archduchess Yolande; Sept. 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stefanie

Serene Highness
City
Somewhere in Germany
Country
Germany
Princesse Yolande, widow of Karl Ludwig, died on September 13 at the age of 100!
She was the mother of Archduke Carl Christian and the mother- in- law of Princesse Marie Astrid of Luxemburg.
Funeral will be Saturday.
According to Noblesse & royautes.

One hundred years is an amazingly long life-death at that age is not necessarily sad, imho...it's an opportunity to give thanks to God.

May she RIP.

I wonder if the wedding will not be postponed . The Funerals of Archduchess Yolande will take place one week before at the same Church ?

Will Archduchess Yolande be buried in the Imperial Crypt?

Will Archduchess Yolande be buried in the Imperial Crypt?
That is what has always been told that there is a place waiting for here and that she will be the last Family member to be buried there. But it seems the funeral Service will be at Beloeil.

And the second wife of Archiduke Rudolf Archiduchess Anne Gabrielle ?

And the second wife of Archduke Rudolf Archduchess Anne Gabrielle ?

Probably at Muri like her husband. Also Archduchess Margherita was buried there last year.

I imagine the young men with the coffin are not relatives? They seem to be too young to be the sons of AD Rudolf and ADss Constanza only has daughters.

The service seems modest and private for somebody who participated to so many events in the Gotha & who has so many family connections. Perhaps there will be a memorial service later on?

Last edited:
I imagine the young men with the coffin are not relatives? They seem to be too young to be the sons of AD Rudolf and ADss Constanza only has daughters.

I don't think as well; also they are all dressed identically, with the same burgundy tie, while the other relatives (at least the ones in the pictures) wore morning dresses with black ties.

The service seems modest and private for somebody who participated to so many events in the Gotha & who has so many family connections. Perhaps there will be a memorial service later on?

Indeed it seems rather private. I don't think we could expect a huge funeral like it was for her husband, but probably there were more guests in attendance that were not photographed (or at least the pictures have not been published yet).
I'm still wondering whether she will buried in the Stephansdom with her late husband.

I expected members of the Belgian and Luxembourg Royal Families there at least, as well as many Habsburgs. And the Prince de Ligne of course. It is of course possible that the late Archduchess preferred a low-key service. The service for her sister-in-law ADss Margherita was private as well.

I wonder if there will celebrate a wedding this week in the same Church ?

The Members of the Belgian Royal family rarely attend funerals. No show up the the funerals of the Princess de Chimay also.
For Luxembourg , the Hediiary Grand Dukes and Prince Guillaume.
I expected members of the habsbourg Family.

Who is Member of the Starry cross nowadays ?
I think the eldest daughter of Archiduke Otto and the eldest daughter in law of Archiduke Karl Ludwig.
The Great Mistress was Archduchess Regine , she never gave the Order to Francesca Thyssen B.
The Great Mistress now is Atchduke Otto 's Daughter , a Divorcee.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd that a Catholic funeral is held on a Sunday? I've never seen that before and I'm a Catholic.

I believe it was held on a saturday, the 23rd.

maria-olivia said:
The Members of the Belgian Royal family rarely attend funerals. No show up the the funerals of the Princess de Chimay also.

That may be but it is an aunt of Prince Lorenz, so him and Astrid would have been logical perhaps.

One hundred years is an amazingly long life-death at that age is not necessarily sad, imho...it's an opportunity to give thanks to God.

May she RIP.

I was just thinking the same thing!

I read that she is the last person to be laid to rest in the vault.

--
The Grand Duke of Luxembourg and his sister Pss Margaretha attended the funeral, as did Prince Lorenz of Belgium. I could not distinguish AD Karl, but his eldest sister the Css Neipperg and ADss Gabriela were pictured.

Last edited:
I read that she is the last person to be laid to rest in the vault.

--
The Grand Duke of Luxembourg and his sister Pss Margaretha attended the funeral, as did Prince Lorenz of Belgium. I could not distinguish AD Karl, but his eldest sister the Css Neipperg and ADss Gabriela were pictured.

I guess AD Karl couldn't be there because he had some cancer treatments in the past and his health wouldn't have allowed him to attend the burial.

Archduke Karl's Son Ferdinand was there as Heir.
His Brother Georg did attend the Braganza Wedding where he was at the first Row !. The Prince de Ligne attend also the Wedding.

The nostalgic part of me is a little bit sad that this historic crypt is now considered to be full (unless they do a re-arrangement of the tombs again sometime but i don’t see anyone from the younger Habsburg-generation who would want to be buried there)

It’s rare nowdays with indoor burials

There is one place , the last for Archduchess Gabrielle , Archduke Rudolf second wife.

The younger generation will be on another place. The actual Head is divorced and married again, His Brother Georg is Orban's Ambassador in Paris .. The Habsbourg lost their Glory.

Last edited:
Stefan , is that true that the hearts of the last Emperor Karl and Empress Zita ara in Muri too?

Stefan , is that true that the hearts of the last Emperor Karl and Empress Zita ara in Muri too?

According to the Mardam website, their hearts are behind the altar of the Loretokapelle in Muri. Karl's has been there since 1971, Zita's, I assume, since death.

And also buried in the crypt are the bodies of both of their sons, Rudolf and Felix.
Archduke Felix's wife Anna-Eugénie of Arenberg is also buried there.

Last edited:
And also buried in the crypt are the bodies of both of their sons, Rudolf and Felix.
Archduke Felix's wife Anna-Eugénie of Arenberg is also buried there.
And Archduke Robert and his wife Margherita and Rudolf's first wife Xenia.

Back
Top Bottom