Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 4: December 2010 - April 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great top, hairdo and jewels but I agree, the top clashes with the skirt. Too busy with the fabrics.
What I think we are seeing the effect of camera flashes on the fabric. I doubt neither her stylist nor herself would pair two such disparate textures. Perhaps there are better photos out there somewhere.

What I think we are seeing the effect of camera flashes on the fabric. I doubt neither her stylist nor herself would pair two such disparate textures. Perhaps there are better photos out there somewhere.

YOu may be right in that it is the camera flashlights that is causing the ensemble to look not quite right. That said, there are only so many black evening ensembles you can concoct at short notice from an existing wardrobe, given that most royals tend to usually only wear black for mourning.

The top is very old, it is from Armani, and she has used it with different skirts before, like here at the United Arab Emirates 2011.
Victorias Armani-repris | kungligamodebloggen
And in Sicily 2009
http://www3.pictures.gi.zimbio.com/Princess+Victoria+Princess+Crown+Victoria+Q-QXWWgT5rxx.jpg
And at the opening of the Oslo Opera House 2008
http://www.kulturkompasset.com/wp-c...08-foto-Tomas-Bagackas-copyright-DSC_0654.jpg

Its good to see her get good use out of her top. Its clearly a lovely and versatile piece.

That is, of course, a possibility, but it wouldn't be the first time we've seen in a general sense the clashing of fabrics worn by royal ladies. It would be nice to see clearer photos of this outfit.

Last edited:
Love the color, but there is something off about the cut of this dress. I can't put my finger on it.

Same here, nice colour but unflattering, boob & tummy area look far too tight.

(...)

Anyways, I don't dislike this dress, but I wished she wore a new dress for this occasion.
I guess I shall see from her a new attire tomorow.

I need to mention I missed the Amethyst Tiara!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think that Victoria looks great tonight and I really like the colour of her dress. Her tiara is lovely as well. :)

The color is beautiful, but the gown is a little boring and I dislike the thing on her shoulder. I do love the tiara though.

Someone on another thread pointed out that she had worn this before at a Nobel PRize dinner (I think). She wore it with her orders so there was the light blue sash etc. It really lifted the dress. When I see it here on its own, it looks rather dull. I think that rich colours in evening clothes almost deman rich fabrics.

Someone on another thread pointed out that she had worn this before at a Nobel PRize dinner (I think). She wore it with her orders so there was the light blue sash etc. It really lifted the dress. When I see it here on its own, it looks rather dull. I think that rich colours in evening clothes almost deman rich fabrics.

Mentioned above that she wore it in 2009.
I thought it clashed with the blue sash.

Last edited:
The top is very old, it is from Armani, and she has used it with different skirts before

What a wonderful blouse,it is so flattering and versatile as well!I like Victorias combination from Oslo and Sicily best :flowers:

It is pretty dress and beautifully coloured, but it makes her look a little flat chested, otherwise she looks very pretty, love the tiara, one of my favourites, and the little brooch.

The best part of her look this evening is the gorgeous tiara. It's stunning.

(...) she looks okay but it's not a favorite for me.

Love the gown- minus the thing on her shoulder! The tiara is stunning!!

The dress looks too tight (...)
Love the jewels.

It's a gorgeous color but I don't like the dress in general. Wish she wore a new dress.

I really don't like the dress and its color even though she managed to look good.

Last edited:
Love the color but there are much more beautiful dress in her closet that she could've chosen from.

Lovely colour on Victoria - but the dress seemed to pull on her. (it made me wonder will we have an annoucement very soon)

I also am hoping to see more of this dress. Wish her hair was different for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom