Crown Princess Mary's Eveningwear Part 9: January 2012 - May 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thankfully for Danish budget she's not wearing Saab, she spends enough for Prada and Louboutin.

Thankfully for Danish budget she's not wearing Saab, she spends enough for Prada and Louboutin.

Your first comment on the matter was

She should choose something new, she has money and access to many designers,

I bet if she wore Saab you'd criticise her for the cost of the dress.

Here we go, you remind me of an other member in an other thread in TRF:D. For some reason, you seem bitter against Mary, you talked about the Prada, Louboutin and Elie Saab thing at least 5 times in just two pages...what are Louboutin for you, his pumps cost barely 500 euros, and she recycled them so many time....and why the hick you want her to wear especially Saab??? Are you his representent here or what?!!!...He's a great desinger, but apparently he's not her cup of tea, maybe too expensive for a result or a better result that she can get wearing gowns from less expensive desingers...or maybe she just doesn't want and wants to be devout to other designers.

I do live in Luxemburg and with all respect I have for Grand-Duchess Maria Teresa who wore many times Saab, she was not half good as Mary wearing other gowns from much less expensive designers.

The danish budget as you call it, is her salary, she's free to use it how she wants, and she's just doing it very good.:flowers:

Last edited:
Before the wedding Victoria bought few Saab's creations, I think that her stylist has good contacts with designers. Anja - not so much.

What's the name of Victoria's stylist?

I don't remember Mary in custom-made gown from Armani, Dior or others.

No, and if you had, how would that sit with you considering your comments about Mary and spending on Loubutin and Prada :p
There's not much consistency in your comments IMO - or well, there is, but it has nothing to do with fashion.....

I don't like the lighter band of beige around the abdomen, but the dress is beautiful especially the neckline and straps. I just love her hair and those earrings; very elegant.

Oh, no, no, no. Why a dress designer would think of putting a definite line separating a woman's abdomen is beyond me! Mary's stomach would have to be 100% flat to make this look remotely good.
ITA!! Gorgeous dress except for this great defect in style, imo.
Also, wearing a dress others have worn just invites comparisons, in this case, Mary "wins" because of her dark hair.
Great hairstyle and earrings. and fit of the dress.

Very elegant dress and hairstyle. Just one thing, I cannot imagine how Mary could step out so gracefully from a rocking boat in that killer heels!!

That line of different fabrics on the stomach is so awful :eek: I can´t believe anybody can design that (it looks awful on Nicole as well, but not on Rachel, it looks fine on her).
Otherwise the dress is nice, although I think it doesn´t look too good on Mary because of her skin colour and because the dress seems a bit too tight for her (once again...:whistling:).
As everybody here I love the hairdo, it flatters a lot her face, IMO, and those earrings are :wub:

agami.pearl said:
At the beginning Mary hadn't interesting style style, she wore comfortable, sporty clothes, almost no-make up. Anja changed her completely and yes, she has a power to persuade her to wore this or this. Some (not the best) outfits show it perfectly. Sometimes Anja's influence is too big IMO.

What do you mean by "at the beginning"? Since her engagement Mary was perfectly and sophisticated dressed. Before being a royal, of course she was dressed more sportish. What do you want from her? To ran at her office dressed in lace dress and feather hat?
As for Elie Saab i do not understand your point. You said that the uknown Mary does not consist any promotion for him. But ES is a seller! He sells dresses to anyone buys one! So the choice is not to the designer to decide if Mary is worthy to buy a dress! It is to Mary to decide if she buys a dress from him! The buyer decides not the seller!

Sephora said:
I do live in Luxemburg and with all respect I have for Grand-Duchess Maria Teresa who wore many times Saab, she was not half good as Mary wearing other gowns from much less expensive designers.
:
With all the respect to the GD Maria Teresa, if you put a picture of her near a pic of Mary it is obvious who is the best promotion for a designer!

tlklhm said:
Very elegant dress and hairstyle. Just one thing, I cannot imagine how Mary could step out so gracefully from a rocking boat in that killer heels!!

I had exactly the same thought!

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary looks wonderful in this outfit. The hair and make-up are stunning too. I admire her for a dozen of hairstyles she's come up with so far in her numerous appearances. She always knows what to do with her hair and fortunately doesn't wear it loose on end like Catherine for example.

Close-ups of her latest hairstyle:
Le prince Frederik et la princesse Mary de Danemark prenaient part le 29 avril 2012 à la

Le prince Frederik et la princesse Mary de Danemark prenaient part le 29 avril 2012 à la

BTW, the shoes are lovely too
http://www.purepeople.com/media/le-prince-frederik-et-la-princesse-mary_m841913

Last edited:
Beautiful dress and an otherwise brilliant choice... But! It looks too tight on her and somehow, she doesn't pull it off nicely.
I do love her hairdo though!

Love the shoes and the earrings.

Mary looks beautiful in this dress. It's snug, but I don't think it's allllll that tight:) She has a beautiful figure and looks lovely here.

Mary looks wonderful in this outfit. The hair and make-up are stunning too. I admire her for a dozen of hairstyles she's come up with so far in her numerous appearances. She always knows what to do with her hair and fortunately doesn't wear it loose on end like Catherine for example.

Close-ups of her latest hairstyle:

BTW, the shoes are lovely too

Very Nice Pics , Thank you for Close Up Friend , She Looks Beautiful i like her Outfit with Coat & Without .:flowers:

Crown Princess Mary at the Fashion Summit evening event in Copenhagen yesterday, May 3, 2012,
wearing a top and the H&M skirt she has worn before. At first I wasn't sure about the top, but
altogether, especially with the hairdo it looks really nice.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Lovely, great skirt form H&M.

Last edited:
Mary looks fab! I really think there is a special glow about her in those months.

Her hairdo is one of my favorites. I don't remenber having seen a hairdo like this on her before, but it looks really nice.

Last edited:
Mary looks stunning, I love the hairdo & earrings. Having said that, the top & she skirt dont work for me together, the shiny top is very evening but the skirt, not so much. The fabric & style are too different.

Absolutely love the whole look.
From the gorgeous skirt and blouse, to the well-chosen earrings and clutch - Mary looks just stunning.

She looks terrific, great hair and wonderful skin and make up.
I also love her skirt lengths lately, covering the knee. It's much more flattering to her legs and looks a lot better with the getting out of car shots and sitting down straight on shots she must endure.
However, I've never liked that skirt, neither the colors nor the style. Inverted box pleats in a shiny fabric is possibly the most difficult style to wear. It would be perfect for an extermely thin woman looking to look as if she wanted to add pounds.

^^^^
I would certainly put Mary in the "thin" category. The skirt does not seem to have made her look hippy. A rather attractive outfit overall.

I love Mary's hair, earrings and that beautiful top, but don't care for the skirt. I agree with the Duke that the top is very evening while the skirt is not so this is a mismatch to me. However, the length is perfect and her clutch and shoes are really lovely as well as her makeup.

Last edited:
I too like the pieces Mary is wearing, but not together. They don't seem to flow well, although they are lovely in their own right. I love Mary's makeup, it's always flawless!

Mary looked lovely but simply ruined by the charcoal top, it doesn't match at all the skirt.

Crown Princess Mary at the Fashion Summit evening event in Copenhagen yesterday, May 3, 2012,
wearing a top and the H&M skirt she has worn before. At first I wasn't sure about the top, but
altogether, especially with the hairdo it looks really nice.

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

I love everything about this look! Wow!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom