Crown Princess Mary's Daytime Fashion Part 26: December 2015 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with other posters, coat looks odd with pants. I understand the dress code in this country but outfits can be paired better.

I like very much Mary and day 2!!!!! Beautiful coat, hair!!!!!

Day 1 Quite elegant. Day 2 disappointingly kitsch.. [most unlike the Crown-Princess]. I wonder if she 'is making a point' ?

Last edited:
I think Mary is looking great considering her gorgeous legs have to be covered...haha.
I hope she gets an incredible necklace as a present!!!

Women wear coats and pants all the time I think the pants were too wide to go with the coat .

I think Mary's first outfit was incredibly elegant and professional and it suited her well. I'm not so sure about her second outfit though, the colours are nice but it feels a little frumpy.

I really like the coat but agree with the pants not great however she is where she is and the situation is limiting I imagine.. but as a stand alone piece I love it.

The second day coat is by Missoni. The outfit is very nice and the coat is pretty. I don't mind it matched with pants at all, it works for me. I think if she matched it with a maxi skirt, she would've looked frumpy.

I agree with other posters, coat looks odd with pants. I understand the dress code in this country but outfits can be paired better.

Not sure if she will get a serious necklace from the Saudi 's. With the oil price at c30, one has to be careful with the jewels one doles out

I think Mary is looking great considering her gorgeous legs have to be covered...haha.
I hope she gets an incredible necklace as a present!!!

i really liked mary's missoni coat, it is very wearable on its own too with a dress so i am sure we will see mary wearing it soon for other official events at home.

Not sure if she will get a serious necklace from the Saudi 's. With the oil price at c30, one has to be careful with the jewels one doles out

she most likely will. the saudis have full control on the oil situation at the moment, so it's clearly not something that bothers them.

whether mary will ever wear the necklace, at least publicaly, is however something i doubt.

:previous: She looks fantastic. Modern, and elegant.
Love the third picture with Frederik :wub:

and the coat is from 2005? its different from when they left the hospital after Christian's birth

I think Mary looked spot on in all of her outfits so far! Elegant, and in keeping with the code of dressing. A Crown Princess indeed.

She looks great. I love the jacket.

Can I ask if anyone has ever been to Saudi Arabia. I've only been to Bahrain and Dubai and I found them to be extremely hot. I'm therefore wondering about Mary wearing coats although of course I understand long sleeves. Is it perhaps not as hot in Saudi as other places or cooler at various parts of the day where CPM has a somewhat thick looking coat on? She certainly doesn't seem to be too hot.

Last edited:
It was 32C on Sunday when they arrived. It was 25c today, not extreme heat but still can't imagine it with layers like that. I assume since she doesn't look like she is boiling over, the layers are thin cool material. It seems to be a bit cooler in Qatar where they are headed next.

Reactions: RJC
Official visit in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Day 4:

For the first time during this visit, I today don't care much about CP Mary's outfit with the cape, but Mary herself looks very beautiful, I love her natural make-up and her hair.

Upper part ** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Close up ** Hair ** Upper part 2

I can't resist also posting Frederik today, he looks really good! F&M are lucky with each other :brows:

CP Frederik

Last edited by a moderator:
Frederik is just a perfect 10 :winkiss::winkiss:

dont like Mary's look too much but she looks beautiful

I love the Day 3 outfit in Saudi Arabia but the outfit in Qatar not so much.

Official visit in Saudi Arabia and Qatar, Day 5:

Mary looked beaming beautiful and elegant today during her and Frederik's last day at their official visit in her recycled white coat first time worn 11 years ago in Australia (2005).

Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 1 ** Earrings ** Full view 3 ** Full view 4

At the latest event today Mary and Frederik participated in a meeting with the Emir of Qatar. Here Mary have a different lovely hairstyle:

BILLED-BLADET Play – Danmarks Royale TV | Kronprinsesse Mary sagde farvel til emiren af Qatar

The white coat is very beautiful.

Mary day 2 in Qatar with a lovely white coat that we have seen various times over the years
http://41.media.tumblr.com/7741ccd3a09ca95fde836b46736b6841/tumblr_o3gjwh5OO11uw8v9ho2_250.png

Nice outfit but I think its a bit too much to be worn in Qatar. The long coat is too hot for the current climate, the all black looks like a funeral or a very cold winter day and the turtleneck, I don't get. The black pants matched with a lovely spring top, matched with belt would've been perfect IMO, a coat or jacket added later when meeting with the Emir.

I understand that Mary maybe wanted to conservative in the Qatar, but Qatar is an open country, they are flexible in how you dress, therefore Mary could've taken it slightly easier or added color.

I thought Mary looked amazing with her beaming smile and black and white outfit. Love her earrings! I agree that maybe the turtleneck was a bit much but if she could stand the heat than who are we to say? :)

Her outfits look confusing to me as if she is trying to promote Danish fashion in Saudi which, now, we know doesn't translate. Why didn't she have some amazing fusion salwaar kameez outfits made for her which consist of a tunic and trousers? She would have looked amazing.

Her outfits look confusing to me as if she is trying to promote Danish fashion in Saudi which, now, we know doesn't translate. Why didn't she have some amazing fusion salwaar kameez outfits made for her which consist of a tunic and trousers? She would have looked amazing.

I don't think the Saudi's wear Salwaar Kameez's? (though I'm obviously not Saudi) More Abaya's and the like for women, though Western women just need to dress modestly, which Mary has done.

There's nothing wrong with her promoting Danish fashion in Saudi Arabia, I think we see that there are many pieces which can work well in Saudi Arabia. I think the fashion can translate very well, though I'm not fond of the way Mary wore some of the pieces, but that's a personal preference.

I think what looks awkward with almost every outfit is that it looks like she stuck pants under a dress. The best outfits are the beige one and the black / white one. They look elegant. I think Diana's outfits to the middle east is because she took the general outline of Arabic outfits but used English fabrics. They looked both elegant and comfortable.

I must agree , her looks is wire, all cover to the neckline , only her face and hair we could see, try to hide her siluete, I guess is something to do with the way women dress there!:whistling:
Althought she should to represent who she is a western Princess and she should to dress how she always dress!
They wouldn't do the other way around!:ermm:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom