Crown Princess Máxima's Daytime Fashion Part 1: June 2007 - March 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
01-02-2008 Maxima wore a heavy tweed coat with chain buttons on it. The color looked great on her. I didnt like the chains on the coat very much

(ppe pictures)
Full View -- Close up
i presume it is very cold!!! anyone knows from who is the coat?:flowers:

Feb 28, 2008 Maxima in a recycled light blue skirt suit. Very pretty, still looks good, I also think the tie detailing at the front of the jacket is pretty.
Picture

March 5, 2008 - Maxima in a lovely black suit which is recycled (worn in 2006). Pic 1 -- pic 2
(ppe pictures)
The jacket looks like a Valentino piece (style.com)

Last edited:
Is that a Prince of Wales check suit she's wearing in this photo from when she was in Luxembourg?

Photo

March 5, 2008 - Maxima in a lovely black suit which is recycled (worn in 2006). Pic 1 -- pic 2
(ppe pictures)
This one is one of my favourites Maxima-suits! Very elegant and lovely. I really like it!
(She wore it for the Christenig of Sverre Magnus.)

I love it too! It's so flattering for her!

I agree. The christening suit is very flattering on her. Also, I'm glad to see that she kept the unflattering ankle straps at home. IMO, her legs look better with a simple pump.

I agree. The christening suit is very flattering on her. Also, I'm glad to see that she kept the unflattering ankle straps at home. IMO, her legs look better with a simple pump.

Also, this is exactly the style and length of skirt that suits her figure!:D

Is that a Prince of Wales check suit she's wearing in this photo from when she was in Luxembourg?

Photo

This may sound like a foolish question, but what is a Prince of Wales check suit? I have never heard of this term before. I assume you are referring to the pattern of the fabric, but I am not sure. Can anyone explain?:flowers:

Also, this is exactly the style and length of skirt that suits her figure!:D

I agree. She does look better with this style of skirt and hem length.

I agree Sassy Maxima looks so much better with her lengths covering her knees. I think really that goes for most elegant situations and it makes Maxima look tall and thinner.IMO

In Luxembourg Maxima was wearing a big with the portraits of her 3 daughters on it.

Have a look here, picture scanned from Point de Vue by Joris at the benelux Royals MB.

The magazine also named the lady who designed the bag, the name seemed Dutch though I never heard of her before.

In Luxembourg Maxima was wearing a big with the portraits of her 3 daughters on it.

Have a look here, picture scanned from Point de Vue by Joris at the benelux Royals MB.

The magazine also named the lady who designed the bag, the name seemed Dutch though I never heard of her before.
I love the bag!!! Too cute, the girls faces on the bag is priceless. What a wonderful tribute to her daughters and she doesn't have to pull out a wallet full of pics, she can just show them off everywhere!!!:wub:

The name of the designer is Anya Hindmarch Be a Luxury Bag, Be a Designer Bag, Be a Fashion Bag from Anya Hindmarch, maybe you'll find a nice present for yourself ;)
(I think she got known for the famous "I'm not a plastic bag"-bag)

Last edited:
That bag is so cute! I wonder if Maxima came up with the idea to put her daughters on the bag, or if it was the designer's idea?

That bag is so cute! I wonder if Maxima came up with the idea to put her daughters on the bag, or if it was the designer's idea?
i bet Maxima got it as a present from the designer, it is a good publicity for her, now most of us will go to the web site....

ANP Beeldbank
is this recycle?
i think i saw it before, she looks nice but i must say the years past for all of us even the royals, she certenly look very mature lady, she does not have the joung look at all that she use to have!

ANP Beeldbank
is this recycle?
i think i saw it before, she looks nice but i must say the years past for all of us even the royals, she certenly look very mature lady, she does not have the joung look at all that she use to have!

Yes, it's a recycle. First worn 19 Nov 2005 at Alexia's christening, and if I am not mistaken, she did recycle it once after the christening.
Its a lovely coat, love the lace detailing coming out of the sleeves.
(ANP picture)

I thought so!, thank you! I like the set a lot! just that i don't know why she looks so old! i think she lost that young look that she had before to get married!

Well, since it was a fun, outdoor event, I thought the color was perfect. It stood out nicely. If she had worn it to an official event, I would say it was too pink.

All the small ruffles on the skirt is different, the jacket cut is lovely.

Outdoor event or not... to me the color looked simply trashy.
Although Koninginnedag is an outdoor event.. it still is a national holiday.
If Máxima wore it in a different color I would have loved it. The cut if perfect for her.

To me the outfit looked more like something belonging to Laurentien's or Sonja's wardrobe.
Funny to see Laurentien wore a pink outfit as well.
Although I have to say I like this shade of pink a little better. It's not a huge difference... but somehow it's a little easier to look at it. :D

Anway; I have to say I am not too shocked to see Máxima wearing a color like this. It somehow matches her personality.
I could not imagine any other Crown Princess to wear a color like this... without shocking me (and probably also the Press) too much.

Last edited:
i like the colour fuxia and i think looks good on her but i don't like that it is 3 differents shades of fuxia, the hat, the jacket and the skirt and 3 differents types of fabrics and i don't like the shoes but i love the air rings and the broche! the colar of the jacket to open i don't like that, but of course a matter of opinion, she probably love it

Koninginnedag 2008.

Máxima wearing an extremely pink skirt-suit:

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08043021.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2008/08043001.jpg

the cut of the suit is so lovely... but this neon-pink color is hideous!
it's simply way too shiny and barbie-ish.
It ruins it , IMO. This suit would have been much much nicer in a softer shade of pink.

I concur. I like the cut of the ensemble, but the color... hm. It is my belief that Maxima is the only royal who can get away with wearing an extremely bright color such as this one she wore at this latest event.:)

I like the colour of the skirt, but when its shiny (for the top) it starts to get a little much.
The cuts growing on me, but I certainly didn't think 'wow thats amazing' when I first saw it.

Any other time I would say that all the pink was too much, but considering the occasion and what it stands for and who was wearing the pink, I will say BRAVO to Maxima and Laurentien for wearing the brightest outfits of the day! What a way to lift everyone's spirits even higher!!! Also, love Aimee's yellow! Wonderful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom