Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings Thread

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Why wait? Because the PM has halted all weddings, baptisms and other religious/cultural/family ceremonies full stop, even small intimate affairs. There have been many people on social media and in the papers expressing how they wouldn't mind getting married in a small ceremony with just a vicar/registrar and witnesses now or asap because they just want to be married but it isn't allowed. And might not be for 6 months or more. And if the restrictions last 6 + months then they might as well wait the full year and have something of what they originally planned. And it's unlikely that they'd need to rush because they want to try and get pregnant asap in the current climate as well.

If it turned out there was an exception made for Beatrice and Edo for some reason or they used a hell of a lot of technicalities about Windsor, including being able to leave home for non emergency/essential reasons and meet people from different households, there would be absolute hell to pay.

Last edited:
Indeed, the issue is theoretical and quite simply Beatrice will postpone her wedding like everyone else.

I think Beatrice's only concern now is the possibility that when she finally goes to the altar with Edoardo (let's suppose 28 May 2021) her grandparents may not be here anymore.

I’m not surprised that weddings as such are banned, but I find it hard to believe that marriages are. Isn’t marriage a basic human right?

I’m not surprised that weddings as such are banned, but I find it hard to believe that marriages are. Isn’t marriage a basic human right?

what is the difference? It is NOT possible to marry at present. the C of E did state about 10 days ago that they would still hold weddings/marriage ceremonies but it could only be 5 people the priest, the couple and 2 witnesses. Then it sadi that they would not hold them at all. In the present crisis, It is necessary to curb any kind of gatherings and most countries have a lot of restrcitions in place.

Well for the marriage ceremony you still need the registrar/vicar, witnesses, registry offices/churches with staff to remain open, people travelling and contact between households. The latter is something they've been pushing extremely hard as the reason for the lockdown.

I suspect if it goes on for too long there will be appeals to get married in small ceremonies with distancing in place but right now people are in emergency mode.

(.....)

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Beatrice's only concern now is the possibility that when she finally goes to the altar with Edoardo (let's suppose 28 May 2021) her grandparents may not be here anymore.

That is exactly what I was thinking...particularly the Duke of Edinburgh, not so much HMQ.

Poor Beatrice.:sad:

what is the difference? It is NOT possible to marry at present. the C of E did state about 10 days ago that they would still hold weddings/marriage ceremonies but it could only be 5 people the priest, the couple and 2 witnesses. Then it sadi that they would not hold them at all. In the present crisis, It is necessary to curb any kind of gatherings and most countries have a lot of restrcitions in place.

And what about the registry office? Is that closed as well? I agree with Ladongas that there should be an option to get married for those that want to commit themselves to each other and start life together (not all couples are willing to live together before marriage). If grocery stores can remain open, it should be possible to organize a small marriage ceremony for those who don't want to wait until 'better times' (just like funerals won't wait - and the numbers even increase).

All weddings are banned. Nobody "needs" to get married just now this minute, and there's no reason why registrars or religious ministers should be put at unnecessary risk. Being able to visit family and friends, and to go out generally, is also a basic human right, but human rights are effectively suspended because of circumstances beyond everyone's control. People aren't even allowed to visit dying relatives in hospital, which is a lot worse than not being able to get married. These are exceptional times.

(........)

Last edited by a moderator:
All weddings are banned. Nobody "needs" to get married just now this minute, and there's no reason why registrars or religious ministers should be put at unnecessary risk. Being able to visit family and friends, and to go out generally, is also a basic human right, but human rights are effectively suspended because of circumstances beyond everyone's control. People aren't even allowed to visit dying relatives in hospital, which is a lot worse than not being able to get married. These are exceptional times.
I am personally not sure that it is the right decision that dying relatives cannot be visited by family members. It adds a lot of additional pain to both the dying and the relatives; and precautions are taken for medical personnel, so comparable precautions could be taken for the closest relatives.

Less pressing but still, I don't think it is the right thing to ban marriages for months (or even longer). It is not that hard to organize a marriage in a 'safe' way. Most couples will surely want to postpone but for the few who don't it should be possible to make exceptions - especially if the restrictions will apply much longer.

I'm sure Beatrice and Edo are quite capable of using contraception for another few months, until they're able to marry, if they're thinking of starting a family soon. It's not the best of times to be planning to have a baby anyway, with this horrible virus about and medical staff rushed off their feet.
I agree that in Beatrice and Edo's case, they'll be fine; as they are already living together; so, the impact is smaller.

It isn't that easy to organise weddings.. they need someone to register the marriage, either a religious celebrant or a registrar, the couple and 2 witnesses.. so that's five people. It will hopefully just be for a few months..

:previous: If Princess Beatrice and Edoardo can get married in a few months, would the wedding location still be St. James's Chapel?

:previous: If Princess Beatrice and Edoardo can get married in a few months, would the wedding location still be St. James's Chapel?

we don't know when they will get married. The wedding restrictions may be in place for longer than a few months.. but of course one hopes that things will change as soon as possible.

I realise that weddings are off the agenda in the UK right now and I expect Beatrice will marry later in the year.

Off topic but I am surprised that disallowing a marriage is legal. Disallowing a gathering I can understand but a wedding only needs five people present, counting the celebrant.
Being married is an important legal status. I'm surprised that eloping is banned.

yes the C of E was willing to marry people but limiting the number to 5 which was the absolute minimum ..then it was changed to no services at all.. except for funerals...Marriages cannot take place at present. Social events of more than 2 can't take place.
Elopment would involve travel and a wedding.. so its banned.

They rushed through a Bill to make certain things legal for a limited amount of time. Currently having someone over to your house for non emergency reasons is illegal or at least against the rules.

Being legal is important to many people and there are some who have complained that they would love a 5 person wedding with social distancing in place right now but since we're currently in crisis mode it's not happening and it's certainly not happening as we go into this week of (expected) peak crisis.

Bea and Edo were already living and co-parenting together, if later on in the year some restrictions are lifted they may, along with many other people, find a smaller wedding is perfect right now with a bigger reception later, but as far as we know there's no reason why they *have* to get married asap.

Last edited:
They rushed through a Bill to make certain things legal for a limited amount of time. Currently having someone over to your house for non emergency reasons is illegal or at least against the rules.

Being legal is important to many people and there are some who have complained that they would love a 5 person wedding with social distancing in place right now but since we're currently in crisis mode it's not happening and it's certainly not happening as we go into this week of (expected) peak crisis.

Bea and Edo were already living and co-parenting together, if later on in the year some restrictions are lifted they may, along with many other people, find a smaller wedding is perfect right now with a bigger reception later, but as far as we know there's no reason why they *have* to get married asap.

we don't know what they are going to do. All we know is that for the moment weddings cannot happen.. And probably Bea and Edo will end up waiting till next year unless an autumn wedding is possible.. who knows?

Let's move on now please to the topic of the thread - thank you.

As it is a royal peculiar I would guess there would be no trouble with securing it for a royal wedding regardless of when the wedding takes place.

Hopefully the same florist company would still be used for the rescheduled wedding. However if the rescheduled wedding occurs in a different season, then possible different flowers might be used.

The thread has been cleaned up to remove several off topic discussions, as well as quite a few that were highly speculative in nature. The topic of this thread is limited to Beatrice and Edoardo: Wedding Suggestions and Musings, so please limit your posts to that. Any further off topic or speculative posts will be deleted without notice.

Hopefully the same florist company would still be used for the rescheduled wedding.

I hope so. Florists, caterers, bands, firms which hire out marquees and tables and chairs, and all the other businesses associated with weddings are going to have a very bad year, and it'd be a big disappointment to miss out on a royal wedding. Maybe that's an another argument in favour of going ahead with whatever they'd planned, once it's possible, rather than having a very small do.

IF Bea and Edo had originally planned for a larger wedding, I hope they will go ahead with that plan if they are forced to postpone the wedding.

Another comment I keep reading both here and at other sites is that the relationship is too " rushed". That is no longer the case.

If the wedding is pushed back to the spring of 2021 as is being suggested, Beatrice and Edoardo will have been a couple for well over two years.:whistling:

I hope so. Florists, caterers, bands, firms which hire out marquees and tables and chairs, and all the other businesses associated with weddings are going to have a very bad year, and it'd be a big disappointment to miss out on a royal wedding. Maybe that's an another argument in favour of going ahead with whatever they'd planned, once it's possible, rather than having a very small do.

I can see them sticking with the same companies as a) they are royal so they will get any future date they want b) they have probably paid a deposit by now (not that they can't afford to lose it but still) c)they'll have chosen who they want to help with their wedding for specific purposes (e.g they think that florist is the best etc) so I think they'll mainly stick to the same companies/people d) they know ditching a company will get bad PR

:previous: problem might be that if this Covid isolation/social distancing will continue for a long while, some businesses might not be able to make it financially...

It' basically at the moment just waiting until a breakthrough is reached and people xan start planning events again...but unfortunately we're not there yet

But the male in me says: is it about marriage: being a wedded husband and wife together and live long and happily ever after?

Or is it about a party? "Oh nooooooo, I always dreamed to walk up that aisle in a white gown!!!!!" You know, these bridezillas from hell who already flip when a napkin is wrongly folded on a dinner table, totally focussed on the wrong priorities.

Personally for me there is nothing more romantic than an intimate wedding in a remote location. A big party can always follow someday. No problem.

Good luck to Beatrice and Edoardo.

Last edited:
But the male in me says: is it about marriage: being a wedded husband and wife together and live long and happily ever after?

Or is it about a party? "Oh nooooooo, I always dreamed to walk up that aisle in a white gown!!!!!" You know, these bridezillas from hell who already flip when a napkin is wrongly folded on a dinner table, totally focussed on the wrong priorities.

Personally for me there is nothing more romantic than an intimate wedding in a remote location. A big party can always follow someday. No problem.

Good luck to Beatrice and Edoardo.
Well, I wouldn't judge them too harshly - not only what's an intimate wedding for us and for royals differ greatly, we also don't know how their wedding is going to look like, when it will happen and how big it will be.

Not to mention, they can't marry now even if it would be them and a priest, all ceremonies (excluding funerals) are currently banned in the UK.

And a quick word from me - I know plenty of women who dreaded a big wedding and plenty of men, who insisted on no less than 300 guests, so reducing it to male vs. female is not really correct.

But as this is the *wedding* musings and suggestions thread, this is the one thread where to post about the non-important stuff :lol:

Now where do we stand on the handkerchiefs of the bridesmaids? ?

But as this is the *wedding* musings and suggestions thread, this is the one thread where to post about the non-important stuff :lol:

Now where do we stand on the handkerchiefs of the bridesmaids? ?

the weddings' not going to happen for at least 6 months. we don't know what they will do, tho' I daresay it wil be a big wedding. Is it worthwhile discussing? However, given that there wont be any royal occasions for at least few months, and no work engagements I suppose its as good at topic as any

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom