Ancient royal houses of Europe

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ronald biver

Nobility
City
Melbourne
Country
Australia
I have list of ancient royal houses of Europe, a lot of them don't exist anymore, but is there anybody in TRF recognize some of the names of ancient royal houses, for example to name a few like: Finland the house of Bjelbo - Mecklenburg - Oldenburg- Vasa - Pfalz-Zweibrucken-Hesse-Holstein- Gottorp-Romanov? Others are Gaelic Ireland, Lithuania, Ireland, Bohemia, Bosnia Croatia and Georgia.

Charles Frederick (1700-1739) was a Prince of Sweden and Duke of Schleswig-Holstein-Gottorp.
He married Grand Duchess Anna Petrovna of Russia.
Their son Charles Peter Ulrich became Tsar Peter III of Russia in 1762.
He adopted his mother's house name of Romanov.
The House of Romanov is sometimes called Holstein-Gottorp-Romanov.

ancient family trea of europe

Thanks for the explanation! Do you know about the ancient royal houses like
Albania-Angevin-Kastrioti- Wied- & Zogu? Croatia- Trpimirovic- Domagojevic-
Svacic- Arpad - Angevin - Luxembourg- Habsburg- Savoy {disputed}
What about the rest of the ancient houses of Europe that I mentioned on the TRF?

It is worth mentioning that many of the names by which ancient and medieval European royal and noble houses are known in the present day were created or invoked long after the fact by future historians and genealogists. For that reason, they may be misleading (for example, modern historians usually define royal and noble houses patrilineally, but in some cultures of medieval Europe the definition of family was more flexible).

The House of Vasa was founded in 1523 in Sweden. After the abolition of the Kalmar Union, Gustav Eriksson Vasa became King Gustav I of Sweden in 1523.

Back
Top Bottom