The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Archives (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/)
-   -   Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 1: April 2005 - June 2009 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f234/crown-princess-victorias-daytime-fashion-part-1-april-2005-june-2009-a-9799.html)

LadyFinn 02-01-2009 02:08 PM

Princess Victoria in Syracuse yesterday
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Her outfit is ok, but her hair is again quite awful.

Lumutqueen 02-01-2009 02:49 PM

I disagree I think her hair looks wonderful and simple.
Her outfit reflects Victorias sense of style. She knows when to dress up and what to where but she knows when to be simple, not to deflect from what she's doing.

x
:cool::rolleyes:

ANNIE_S 02-01-2009 02:56 PM

I like this outfit a lot:simple and beautiful. The blue jacket is lovely. Her hair is ok, it hasnīt got any special thing, but it looks good.

pamk 02-01-2009 03:35 PM

The airport arrival with her hair in the butterfly clip is inexcusable - dirty looking hair with the cheap hair accessory is something not fit for a princess. No make-up either. What an insult to the hosts!
Victoria has lovely hair. At least she doesn't have a lot of layered pieces or bangs to contend with.
There are beautiful hair accessories which one can find now. Hair bands (Alice bands), barrettes, even fancy elastics for the pony tail. Even if Victoria tied a pretty ribbon around the ponytail elastic, that would be an improvement.

iakynthi 02-01-2009 03:54 PM

I loved the jacket!!A very fresh look that suits her age so well.

marmi 02-01-2009 04:20 PM

I have to agree with most posters in that I like the jacket too. The colour is nice & the detailing in the sleeves cuffs adds an interest factor. The pants are fine.

lilnana 02-01-2009 06:07 PM

Ok, I have to ask: How is no make up an insult? I understand how being upset with the hair, and the clothes, but a fuss over no make up? Is there some unwritten rule that I dont know about out there that say that every single female after puberty must wear make up? If someone looks fine without make up, then why do they have to wear it? And for all we know, she very well might be wearing make up, just too light for us to notice or wore off. And if she isn't then (to me) that shows that she has confidence in herself and feel comfortable in her skin, and considering her past issues is a good thing. If this was a gala what would be competently different then I would agree, but for a day event it's a must? I know looking well put together is nessasary, but a makeup requirement? I'm sure the makeup companies would be over joyed at the idea of wearing make up a law..

PrincessofEurope 02-01-2009 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyFinn (Post 887370)
Princess Victoria in Syracuse yesterday
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Her outfit is ok, but her hair is again quite awful.

That jacket is similiar to a white version worn By Letizia last year
https://i38.tinypic.com/2eyaxzs.jpg

this visit has been quite relaxed and i think it is reflected in the more casual nature of Victoria's fashion

sgl 02-01-2009 11:32 PM

I really like this blue jacket on Victoria (I like the white version on Letizia, too). The color is really pretty on Victoria, and I like the sleeves. The scarf looks nice with the jacket, and I am glad to see her wearing a brighter color.

Turkish Delight 02-02-2009 11:58 AM

The sleeves & the blue jacket are very lovely. Especially,I like the color.

agami.pearl 02-03-2009 05:20 AM

Blue jacket looks very nice on CP Victoria :D

Her_Majesty 02-05-2009 05:38 PM

Victoria opened the “Exploring a new identity” Swedish fashion and design exhibition in London

https://i43.tinypic.com/3449uhc.jpg
GettyImages

Seriously?I like this look on her. It's something new...;) I especially like the colour of the top and the skinny pants.

iakynthi 02-05-2009 05:43 PM

Her outfit is very girlish and fashionable,I love it!!She's still so young,she can leave those boring outfits she sometimes wears for the future(when she reaches at least the age of 70...).

avrilo 02-05-2009 05:57 PM

Fun outfit, and she seems to be having a lot of fun!... I would like to see the hair do better cause it looks a bit matronly for me... IMO THIS was an excellent time to wear a cool ponytail...

*thumbs up to Victoria *

sgl 02-05-2009 10:56 PM

She looks very fashionable! I love that shade of purple, and the skinny pants look very nice on her.

Princess Mia 02-05-2009 11:46 PM

I like Princess Victoria She seems like a nice person.

MARG 02-06-2009 03:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iakynthi (Post 889142)
Her outfit is very girlish and fashionable,I love it!!She's still so young,she can leave those boring outfits she sometimes wears for the future(when she reaches at least the age of 70...).

I'm with you on that on iakynthi!

She looks wonderfully fashionable, the colour and style is terrific. The jewelry is a perfect foil for her outfit, especially the earrings, the shoes and clutch bag are perfect, but the hair is truely divine. :wub:

Boris 02-06-2009 05:38 AM

Well, it's a whole 1960s retro look, from head to toe. She could join one of the girl groups from that era on stage right away, which is a lot of fun, but not exactly elegant - a bit too much of a costume.
The hairstyle is a completely new look for her, it suits her very well and I'd really love to see her repeat it without being part of an overall look like this one.
While the blouse has a wonderful rich color, those very tight crumpling satin leggings/pants are absolutely not my cup of tea. Ann-Margaret wore them better back in 1964.

iakynthi 02-06-2009 06:19 AM

Of course it's retro.90% of fashion nowadays is retro,vintage or whatever you want to call it.But with a very fresh touch ;) That's why I prefer seeing Victoria like that,she's only 32 after all :flowers:

Turkish Delight 02-06-2009 08:44 AM

The outfit is very lovely. Especially,the color is very lovely. She looks very fashionable.