The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Jewels (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/)
-   -   Luxembourg Princesses Jewellery (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f20/luxembourg-princesses-jewellery-979.html)

Danjel 10-09-2003 11:19 PM

Luxembourg Princesses Jewellery

1 Attachment(s)
HRH Princess Joan of Luxembourg

One of the "minor" members of the family........HRH Princess Joan of Luxembourg. She was married to HRH Princes Charles of LUxembourg, a brother of Prince Jean, In 1978, after the death of her husband, Joan married Philippe de Noailles, Duc de Mouchy. Currently she is the president of the Chateau Haut-Brion in France.

During her "royal" years she attended a State Visit once, as far as I can recall, for this occasion she wore this diamond tiara.

Danjel 10-09-2003 11:25 PM

1 Attachment(s)
For her wedding in 1994 to Marc Cunningham the daughter of Prince Charles and Princess Joan, Princess Charlotte of Luxembourg, chose to wear her mothers tiara.

Josefine 02-06-2008 11:44 AM

has this tiara been seen since then?

Ducii 11-11-2008 07:44 AM

Have someone any pictures of luxembourg royal jewels?

Warren 11-11-2008 08:27 AM

:previous:
Umm... have you looked at the threads for GD Maria Teresa and GD Josephine Charlotte in this forum?

Josefine 03-17-2012 03:55 AM

i have tried to look if her children worn this tiara but i culd not find anything
is there any history to this tiara were is it today?

Warren 03-17-2012 06:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Princess Charlotte of Luxembourg (born 1967), daughter of Prince Charles and Princess Joan, wore her mother's tiara when she married Marc-Victor Cunningham in 1993.

v Princess Charlotte
(cropped from a larger image)

Tilia C. 03-17-2012 09:59 AM

Did Princess Joan wear the tiara for her own wedding as well? I haven't seen a wedding pic of her.

IloveCP 06-28-2012 10:04 PM

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: Sibilla's Art Deco Tiara

Exquisite tiara! The design is very unique and the wall of diamonds is breathtaking! I prefer the large setting but the small setting is also stunning.

PrincessofEurope 08-01-2012 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1436430)

Exquisite tiara! The design is very unique and the wall of diamonds is breathtaking! I prefer the large setting but the small setting is also stunning.

I really wish we would get to see this tiara on a more regular basis as it is stunning and the diamonds are lovely

SLV 08-01-2012 02:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP

Very beautiful, indeed!!

PrincessofEurope 08-16-2012 12:23 PM

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Congo Necklace Tiara

Another fab tiara worn by various royals in luxembourg. its works great as a tiara and necklace and i was glad to see the proposed sale of this was withdrawn

An Ard Ri 08-27-2012 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope (Post 1452523)

Another fab tiara worn by various royals in luxembourg. its works great as a tiara and necklace and i was glad to see the proposed sale of this was withdrawn

I prefer it used as a necklace,but that's just based on the photographs in the above link.

NoorMeansLight 09-17-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope (Post 1452523)

It's very elegant, hopefully we'll see it on Stephanie soon..(?)! ;)

Mariel 09-17-2012 10:28 AM

Princess Charlotte has a wonderful happy look in her wedding picture. Lovely eyes.
Lovely tiara!

dbarn67 10-19-2012 11:47 AM

Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg on her civil wedding day. Lovely amethyst earrings and later for the ceremony beautiful diamond and pearl earrings.

https://i49.tinypic.com/9rocw4.jpg

https://i45.tinypic.com/2hx7pyv.jpg

KittyAtlanta 10-19-2012 12:18 PM

Ooooh, yeah! Nice earrings (esp. the amethyst) on a lovely young woman.

Frelinghighness 10-19-2012 12:54 PM

Thank you for clearing that up, I thought they were saphires. Of course amythyst, her birthday is February

Artemisia 10-19-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1473233)
Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg on her civil wedding day. Lovely amethyst earrings and later for the ceremon beautiful diamond and pearl earrings.

I'm a huge amethyst fan, so no wonder I think the earrings Stephanie wore for the reception are gorgeous.
Even so, the pearl and diamond earrings are even better: I love their delicacy and elegance.

kathia_sophia 10-19-2012 01:04 PM

i like both earrings but im a huge fangirl of pearls and diamonds together (funny because i hate pearls alone), so i LOVEEEE her civil wedding earrings! i hope she brings lots of jewerly for today's gala, i always like to see bling bling and sparkly stuff, especially from royalty!
Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 1473264)
Thank you for clearing that up, I thought they were saphires. Of course amythyst, her birthday is February

i didnt know that, can you tell me all months?

salma 10-19-2012 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dbarn67 (Post 1473233)
Princess Stephanie of Luxembourg on her civil wedding day. Lovely amethyst earrings and later for the ceremony beautiful diamond and pearl earrings.

Close up:

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Both earrings are beautiful

Artemisia 10-19-2012 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kathia_sophia (Post 1473268)
i didnt know that, can you tell me all months?

Here they are: :smile:

January - garnet
February - amethyst
March - aquamarine, bloodstone
April - diamond
May - emerald
June - pearl, moonstone, alexandrite
July - ruby
August - peridot
September - sapphire
October - opal, tourmaline
November - topaz, citrine
December - turquoise, tanzanite, zircon

kathia_sophia 10-19-2012 01:48 PM

thank you!! so mine is Sapphire

IloveCP 10-19-2012 02:04 PM

Stephanie has her own jewellery thread here.

Frelinghighness 10-19-2012 02:17 PM

I probably know most of them by heart:
January - garnet
February - amythyst
March - aquamarine
April -Diamond
May - Emerald
June - pearl
July -ruby
August - Peridot
September - Sapphire
October-Opal
November - topaz
December - turquoise
There have been changes made, but this is what I remember

countess felicitas 10-20-2012 03:21 AM

Anybody has pictures of Princess Alexandra and Princess Tessy? I am wondering which tiaras they have worn???

dbarn67 10-20-2012 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countess felicitas (Post 1473903)
Anybody has pictures of Princess Alexandra and Princess Tessy? I am wondering which tiaras they have worn???

You can see them here. Alexandra were the smaller version of the diamond floral tiara in the Luxembourg collecion and Tessy wore the Grand Duchess Marie-Adélaïde's Tiara

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Royal Fashion Awards: The Pre-Wedding Gala Dinner in Luxembourg

tlklhm 10-20-2012 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countess felicitas

Here"s a pic of Princess Alexandra at the gala

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...size=960%2C640

dazzling 10-20-2012 01:13 PM

The floral diamond tiara Stephanie wore to the reception, was that given to her from the family or was it just to wear? Did the family give her any tiaras upon marriage?

Tilia C. 10-20-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1474571)
The floral diamond tiara Stephanie wore to the reception, was that given to her from the family or was it just to wear? Did the family give her any tiaras upon marriage?

I'm just guessing, because afaik nothing concerning the tiara was published by the grand ducal house. But neither Alexandra nor Tessy seem to have one special tiara for themselves, but they share with the Grand Duchess. That is why I guess it will be the same for Stéphanie.

salma 10-23-2012 05:33 AM

Luxembourg wedding- Gala dinner

Princess Margaretha wearing the aquamarine bandau

Princess Marie Astrid

Stefan 10-23-2012 06:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salma (Post 1475758)
Luxembourg wedding- Gala dinner

Princess Margaretha wearing the turquoise and diamond tiara
Princess Marie Astrid

Actually itis the aquamarine bandau on Margaretha not the turqiose tiara.

NoorMeansLight 10-23-2012 09:09 AM

Both tiaras look quite spectacular! Their stones are gorgeous!

TLLK 10-23-2012 10:43 AM

Stunning photos for the Luxembourg ladies in tiaras.

HRHAmy 10-24-2012 02:29 PM

Does anyone have a better picture of Princess Tessy's tiara at the gala dinner?

salma 10-25-2012 06:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy (Post 1476501)
Does anyone have a better picture of Princess Tessy's tiara at the gala dinner?

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/_L7JC05D4BC...laideTiara.jpg
https://s9.postimage.org/tf4cgqh0v/Screenshot_1.jpg

Princess Alexandra:

IloveCP 03-02-2013 09:25 PM

She's not a princess yet but Clarie Lademacher's engagement ring has got to be one of my least favorites. The center stone is nice but I really dislike the setting.

COUNTESS 03-02-2013 10:20 PM

You are right. It is ugly.

Moonmaiden23 03-02-2013 11:47 PM

I was surprised at how much I disliked it. Surprised and disappointed. :sad:

Tarlita 03-03-2013 12:26 AM

Even being a Royal Prince doesn't mean you have good taste when it comes to jewels. Look at Princess Marie of Denmarks engagement ring. Although it has grown on me a little.

Moonmaiden23 03-03-2013 01:09 AM

Everyone I know dislikes Marie's ring but I honestly don't think it's that bad. The idea of a ruby, a sapphire and a diamond to represent the tricolor of the bride's native France is lovely imo.

As for Claire, I find her ring rather masculine looking. And it doesn't help that she doesn't have very ladylike hands and could really have benefited from a good manicure in that photo. :eek:

I suppose I expected Felix to give Claire an engagement ring at least as spectacular as the one big brother Guillaume chose for Stephanie...but maybe Claire selected her own ring. :ermm:

IloveCP 09-17-2013 10:38 AM

At the civil wedding, Claire wore beautiful aquamarine/blue topaz earrings:

Pic

(Photo from Iceflower)

cdm 09-21-2013 08:14 AM

Claire chose the Floral Tiara for her wedding day: La boda religiosa de Félix de Luxemburgo y Claire Lademacher I think it suits her really well.
According to Luxarazzi the earrings were a present from Maria-Teresa's parents. And both MT and Stephanie wore them on their wedding day.

IloveCP 09-21-2013 12:00 PM

I am so glad she wore the Floral tiara. It's so beautiful and classic. A perfect wedding tiara in my opinion.

Marika86 09-21-2013 12:47 PM

Beautiful close up of Princess Claire where we can see the Floral Tiara. Pic from Place Royale ‏@RTLPlaceRoyale

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BUs2jwgCQAA152x.jpg:large

Tilia C. 09-21-2013 12:47 PM

Imho this is the perfect wedding tiara from the Luxembourg collection. Much better than the Congo necklace tiara. Here my little panel of this tiara's bridal history ;).
https://s18.postimg.org/ohr3mggy1/Lux...oral_tiara.jpg

HRHAmy 09-21-2013 02:04 PM

I'm kind of disappointed that Claire didn't wear the Congo tiara, I personally love that tiara because it's so delicate and beautiful. It also hasn't been worn since MT so I was hoping it would come back on Claire but oh well. The floral tiara is a nice second choice.

I think it's nice too that MT leant Claire her wedding earrings. I don't care for Claire's aquamarine earrings at the civil ceremony, I think pearl and diamond earrings would have matched better with her outfit not to mention they are girly and romantic.

michelleq 09-22-2013 08:45 AM

I think that her choice was exquisite. It framed her face quite well and it is a most beautiful tiara. I like the Congo tiara very much, but it is more "tailored" if you know what I mean. This floral tiara is more romantic. An excellent choice.

TLLK 09-23-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleq (Post 1602207)
I think that her choice was exquisite. It framed her face quite well and it is a most beautiful tiara. I like the Congo tiara very much, but it is more "tailored" if you know what I mean. This floral tiara is more romantic. An excellent choice.

I wonder if the Luxembourg ladies are starting a tradition for the Congo tiara? Perhaps they are keeping the Congo tiara for brides who are either born into the family (Marie Astrid/Margrethe) or are the future Grand Duchesses(Josephine-Charlotte, Maria Theresa, Stephanie). Princess Tessy did not wear a tiara at her wedding.

Tiara Mania 10-07-2014 12:42 PM

I’ve recently been updating my posts on the tiaras of the Luxembourg Grand Ducal Family. The family has a very large and diverse jewellery collection and other than a few pieces reserved for the Grand Duchess, they share the collection well with each other. I’m only including a list of the tiaras worn by the ladies who do not have their own jewellery thread. This is certainly not a complete list, it only includes tiaras for which I have seen pictures of them wearing.

Princess Claire of Luxembourg
Vine Leaves Tiara

Archduchess Marie Astrid of Austria, Princess of Luxembourg
Amethyst & Pearl Tiara
Aquamarine Tiara
Congo Diamond Necklace Tiara
Emerald Peacock Necklace Tiara
Sapphire Bracelet Tiara

Princess Margaretha of Liechtenstein, Princess of Luxembourg
Aquamarine Tiara
Citrine & Pearl Tiara
Congo Diamond Necklace Tiara
Pearl & Diamond Choker Tiara
Sapphire Bracelet Tiara

Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg
Aquamarine Parure Tiara
Belgium Scroll Tiara
Diamond Art Deco Tiara

Countess Diane de Nassau (second wife of Prince Jean of Luxembourg)
Diamond Art Deco Tiara

IloveCP 11-25-2014 06:12 PM

Here is Claire wearing a stunning diamond ring:

Pic

I wonder what the story behind the ring is. Here she is wearing it at her civil wedding. I really do love it more than her engagement ring.

GömdNatt 11-25-2014 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1723673)
Here is Claire wearing a stunning diamond ring:

Pic

I wonder what the story behind the ring is. Here she is wearing it at her civil wedding. I really do love it more than her engagement ring.

Interesting that she doesn't wear her engagement ring. Maybe she had it redesigned?

I'd love to find out.

IloveCP 01-26-2015 04:12 PM

Luxarazzi : Luxarazzi 101: Princess Sibilla's Diamond and Ruby Necklace

This necklace is so stunning! Those rubies are exquisite.

Tiara Mania 06-23-2015 07:59 PM

Princess Claire appears to be wearing a new tiara, earrings, and necklace at the National Day Gala. I think its diamonds and maybe rubies.

Tageblatt - National Day Gallery

SydneyLux 06-25-2015 12:44 PM

Luxarazzi : Diamonds & Co: National Day Gala Jewels

IloveCP 06-25-2015 03:42 PM

I'm not sure about the tiara but the rubies on Claire are absolutely stunning.

HRHAmy 06-25-2015 06:43 PM

Red stones are def a good color for Claire

Adamari 06-27-2015 08:37 PM

I wonder if Claire's tiara is actually a matching bracelet that has been re-purposed. It wouldn't be the first time someone has converted a bracelet into a tiara (Queen Rania of Jordan has done it).

Tilia C. 06-28-2015 04:59 AM

:previous: I believe that you are right and that the tiara really is also a bracelet. But I don't think that it has been Claire's (or Rania's) idea to convert their bracelet into a tiara. Much rather I believe that the jewellers already designed the jewels to be convertible, and that the bracelet already came with a tiara frame when they were bought.

maria-olivia 06-28-2015 07:35 AM

No jewels in the Royal Lux. Vault were great enough for Princess Claire !

So Mr Lademacher (as Mr Miller did before) baught her a bling bling necklace and earrings that overshaduwed the Grand Duchess and the Heditary Grand Duchess jewels.

HRHAmy 06-29-2015 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1796593)

So Mr Lademacher (as Mr Miller did before) baught her a bling bling necklace and earrings that overshaduwed the Grand Duchess and the Heditary Grand Duchess jewels.

I don't think that's the case...if Claire wanted to wear rubies she could certainly buy her own as there are no ruby sets in the LRF. I don't see anything wrong with Claire choosing to wear what was probably a wedding gift on her first tiara engagement. She already wore a Luxembourg tiara for her most important event which was her wedding so I don't think anyone can blame her for wearing a gift which btw might not be from her father. Kate Middleton and Princess Diana received lots of jewels aka "gifts" from middle eastern countries for their weddings. It could be the same for Claire OR it could be a wedding gift from her mother and father in law. I don't think we'll ever really know where they came from.

carlota 06-29-2015 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy (Post 1796894)
I don't think that's the case...if Claire wanted to wear rubies she could certainly buy her own as there are no ruby sets in the LRF. I don't see anything wrong with Claire choosing to wear what was probably a wedding gift on her first tiara engagement. She already wore a Luxembourg tiara for her most important event which was her wedding so I don't think anyone can blame her for wearing a gift which btw might not be from her father. Kate Middleton and Princess Diana received lots of jewels aka "gifts" from middle eastern countries for their weddings. It could be the same for Claire OR it could be a wedding gift from her mother and father in law. I don't think we'll ever really know where they came from.

it would be strange if she received it from her parents in law, as neither stephanie, nor tessy, received any jewels (at least that we know of) from them. in any case, it's great for claire to have her own parure, which suits her really well in any case.

HRHAmy 06-29-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1796915)
it would be strange if she received it from her parents in law, as neither stephanie, nor tessy, received any jewels (at least that we know of) from them. in any case, it's great for claire to have her own parure, which suits her really well in any case.

Stephanie was a countess before she married so technically she has her own family tiara to wear and the jewels that come with it as we've seen her wear her families earrings at this very occasion.

And as for Tessy...the circumstances surrounding her marriage at the time were tense to say the least and she only received the title of princess years later so giving her jewels probably was not in the forefront of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess's mind.

I was just taking a guess at whom, besides Claire's parents would give her a wedding gift like that.

MARG 06-30-2015 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by maria-olivia (Post 1796593)

I think it would take more than a little "bling bling" to overshadow the Grand Duchess or the Hereditary Grand Duchess! They were both the epitome of restrained grandeur in jewellery, gowns and deportment.

Basically, I don't think they were worried at all about Claire's parure. Do we actually know where they come from or who bought them?

carlota 06-30-2015 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy (Post 1796931)
Stephanie was a countess before she married so technically she has her own family tiara to wear and the jewels that come with it as we've seen her wear her families earrings at this very occasion.

And as for Tessy...the circumstances surrounding her marriage at the time were tense to say the least and she only received the title of princess years later so giving her jewels probably was not in the forefront of the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess's mind.

I was just taking a guess at whom, besides Claire's parents would give her a wedding gift like that.

i agree on tessy, although tessy has now been welcomed into the family and it would have been strange to gift claire with a set without giving tessy one, or, worse, stephanie, the HGD. the fact that she comes from a family of counts shouldn't exclude her from receiving the same gifts her sisters in law receive, so i'm sure this set didn't come from the grand duke and duchess, but possibly from her family or even a gift from felix (even this last assumption would be strange, as the luxembourg family has some beautiful family tiaras, so i suspect his wish would be for her to use the family tiaras rather than a new one, shop bought). my thoughts is that it comes from her family, maybe a gift given for her wedding to help her ease into her new life.

Tilia C. 06-30-2015 07:12 AM

I tend to believe that the ruby set is a present from Claire’s parents. Although we tend to speculate a lot about middle eastern gifts to various royals, these gifts are mainly known for the main British royals. And why would a middle eastern ruler give such lavish presents to the bride of the spare of small Grand Duchy? Or why would the grand duke and duchess give such a parure to their daughter-in-law, when the Luxembourg tradition is to generously share the family jewels, and even the HGD hasn’t received such jewels? I don’t see the logic in that, but in the end we don’t know. It remains speculation. But I must say that I wouldn’t blame Mr. and Mrs. Lademacher for giving lavish gifts to their only daughter. They are excessively rich, they can afford donate a lot of money to good courses, they only have two kids. So why not spend part of their money on Claire?

HRHAmy 06-30-2015 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota (Post 1796988)
i agree on tessy, although tessy has now been welcomed into the family and it would have been strange to gift claire with a set without giving tessy one, or, worse, stephanie, the HGD. the fact that she comes from a family of counts shouldn't exclude her from receiving the same gifts her sisters in law receive, so i'm sure this set didn't come from the grand duke and duchess, but possibly from her family or even a gift from felix (even this last assumption would be strange, as the luxembourg family has some beautiful family tiaras, so i suspect his wish would be for her to use the family tiaras rather than a new one, shop bought). my thoughts is that it comes from her family, maybe a gift given for her wedding to help her ease into her new life.

It could be on loan too! She was wearing a red dress and probably wanted to wear jewels that would match it. Everything is speculation at this point.

Moonmaiden23 06-30-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 1796986)
I think it would take more than a little "bling bling" to overshadow the Grand Duchess or the Hereditary Grand Duchess! They were both the epitome of restrained grandeur in jewellery, gowns and deportment.

Basically, I don't think they were worried at all about Claire's parure. Do we actually know where they come from or who bought them?

I agree. It reminds me of the story of how Jacqueline Kennedy handled the visit of Empress Farah of Iran to the WH for a State Dinner in 1962. Mrs. Kennedy knew that Farah would come literally dripping with enormous jewels from her head and neck. Jackie could not compete with all the excess and didn't try. Instead she wore a single sunburst diamond clip at the crown of her famous bouffant, and a simple pink strapless sheath.

The contrast couldn't have been more obvious or more stunning. The First Lady was the epitome of restraint and elegance...a walking advertisement for LESS IS MORE.

Claire did not overshadow MT or Stephanie, imo. She just wore more jewels.:cool: And I agree that there is no way that the tiara and the parure came from Henri and MT.

Why would they give such a lavish gift to Claire, who is merely the wife of the "spare" when they didn't do something similar for Tessy? (Stephanie had/has access to the Lannoy jewels and will someday inherit the Lux vault)

IloveCP 02-20-2016 01:15 AM

Saturday Sparkler: Princess Sibilla's Art Deco Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love this tiara. It's incredibly regal and exquisite.

eya 02-20-2016 02:17 AM

Beautiful, elegant tiara!! I like that Sibilla share this tiara!

Countessmeout 02-20-2016 02:19 AM

The tiara is stunning and her private possession, a gift from her parents. :flowers: Her mother is the daughter of Princess Beatriz of Spain (JC's Aunt) and an Italian prince. Her paternal grandmother was Alice Javal, a family whose wealth is compared to the Rothchilds. Her grandparents built the airline industry of France, when the company was nationalized it became Air France. Her grandfather after the war was known as a huge philanthropist who did his best to return Paris to the center of arts, creating a ballet company, helping to restore Versailles, and funding major artists. Sibylla's father has a half sister who was a member of the Romanian nobility and former ruling family Wallachia through his father's first marriage.

princess carmen 02-22-2016 06:00 AM

Clair is from a wealthy family it makes sense that they would give her jewelry as a gift. Each of these women should have their own personal jewelry to wear and enjoy. Something that is their style and taste.

An Ard Ri 02-22-2016 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1864939)
Saturday Sparkler: Princess Sibilla's Art Deco Tiara | The Court Jeweller

I love this tiara. It's incredibly regal and exquisite.

Wow that really is an exquisite piece and makes me wish that Princess Sibilla attended more tiara events!

LadyFinn 03-10-2016 02:47 PM

From the Instagram of Princess Tessy
Don't we all love sapphires ❤️❤️❤️ my engagement ring is sharing the space with his big cousin tonight ��
https://www.instagram.com/p/BCs-cvaB..._de_luxembourg

Prisma 05-06-2016 11:44 PM

Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: Small Amethyst Earrings

Prisma 05-28-2016 03:23 PM

Princess Tessy's pearl jewelry at Prince Noah's communion.

https://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/May2016/PPE16052895.jpg

IloveCP 06-23-2016 09:29 PM

Claire wearing the Adelaide tiara for the first time tonight:

IloveCP 07-28-2016 01:03 AM

The Diamond Vine Leaves Tiara | The Court Jeweller

An absolutely stunning and regal tiara.

IloveCP 05-16-2017 01:42 AM

Royal Wedding Jewels in Luxembourg | The Court Jeweller

Not fond of the ring or earrings. Wonder what tiara she will wear at the religious ceremony. Maybe this tiara on her step mother: https://c8.alamy.com/comp/DX4JP6/prin...ner-DX4JP6.jpg

Its a beautiful tiara and perfect for a bride.

Countessmeout 05-16-2017 02:00 AM

I like the earrings though maybe not for a wedding.:flowers:

The ring :ohmy: Bit and clunky. Like a man's ring or class ring. :ermm:

Marc23 05-16-2017 12:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 1864947)
The tiara is stunning and her private possession, a gift from her parents. :flowers: Her mother is the daughter of Princess Beatriz of Spain (JC's Aunt) and an Italian prince. Her paternal grandmother was Alice Javal, a family whose wealth is compared to the Rothchilds. Her grandparents built the airline industry of France, when the company was nationalized it became Air France. Her grandfather after the war was known as a huge philanthropist who did his best to return Paris to the center of arts, creating a ballet company, helping to restore Versailles, and funding major artists. Sibylla's father has a half sister who was a member of the Romanian nobility and former ruling family Wallachia through his father's first marriage.

Wasn't Paul-Louis Weiller married to Princess Alexandra Ghika before his marriage to Aliki Diplearakos?

Prisma 05-16-2017 01:01 PM

I think Princess Marie-Gabrielle will wear the small floral tiara from the GDF collection. Her cousin Archduchess Marie-Christine and cousin-in-law Adélaïde Drapé-Frisch wore it for their religious ceremonies.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Three Brides of Austria

duke of poliganc 05-16-2017 01:20 PM

i actually like the ring , remind me of some of buccellati designs .

Tilia C. 05-16-2017 02:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IloveCP (Post 1985581)
Royal Wedding Jewels in Luxembourg | The Court Jeweller

Not fond of the ring or earrings. Wonder what tiara she will wear at the religious ceremony. Maybe this tiara on her step mother: https://c8.alamy.com/comp/DX4JP6/prin...ner-DX4JP6.jpg

Its a beautiful tiara and perfect for a bride.

This tiara was a loan from Princess Sibylla and can also be worn in a larger version. It's a possibility, but I can also imagine her with the small floral tiara.

maria-olivia 05-16-2017 05:19 PM

Princess Josephine Charlotte of Belgium wore the Congo Bracelet as tiara and not the necklace because on some pictures we can see that she wore the Congo necklace.

Tilia C. 05-17-2017 11:32 AM

Maria Olivia, are you sure that it was the Congo necklace that she wore, and not a diamond riviere? To me, it looks more like a riviere, but I haven't seen clear enough pics to be certain.

Stefan 05-17-2017 02:11 PM

I think it was reported that during the ceremony she wore the Congo necklace/taira and for the official photos she wore the diamond scroll tiara. Don't know are there 2 Congo pieces? A convertible necklace/tiara and a bracelet? I alwaqys thought it is only the convertivle necklace/tiara.

maria-olivia 05-17-2017 04:23 PM

Stefan , when you see the Congo necklace and the bracelet to-gether , you can see that wearing the necklace as tiara is impossible. (this was discussed on GREMB some years ago). Indeed , for the official picture the Princess wore the scroll tiara.

Prisma 05-17-2017 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1986076)
I think it was reported that during the ceremony she wore the Congo necklace/taira and for the official photos she wore the diamond scroll tiara. Don't know are there 2 Congo pieces? A convertible necklace/tiara and a bvracelet? I alwaqys thought it is only the convertivle necklace/tiara.

There's a photo of the necklace and bracelet at Luxarazzi: Luxarazzi 101: the Congo Diamond Necklace Tiara

duke of poliganc 05-17-2017 05:06 PM

this is a picture of the Congo necklace and the bracelet , she indeed wore the necklace as a tiara on her wedding day the necklace has to lines of round diamonds and a line of baguette diamonds byt the bracelet is one line baguette diamonds and one round diamonds here is a picture of it being worn by luxembourg princesses and grand duchesses

maria-olivia 05-18-2017 07:37 AM

The Princess was wearing the necklace on her wedding day , I saw it on some rare pictures.
The bracelet is short as the wedding tiaras . They should not cut the necklace to make it shorter.

maria-olivia 05-18-2017 08:14 AM

Confirmation from Hans (GREMB board)
Princess Josephine Charlotte wore the Congo necklace as necklace and the bracelet as tiara.
I wrote already in the past to Luxurazzi about that but they never answer.

Tilia C. 05-18-2017 01:02 PM

Thanks for the pictures.
Tbh, I'm not really convinced. The necklace consists of three rows of stones, a row of baguette (?) cut stones in the middle, flanked by round stones on the inside and outside. That's just like the tiara. The bracelet, on the other hand, seems to be just two rows, one baguette cut, the other round cut. And on the wedding pic of GD Josephine-Charlotte, it looks like the necklace is just one row, so could be a single row diamond riviere.

The necklace consists of three parts. Most visible in front is the part with the three rows of diamonds. But to the sides the design changes to a two-row design like the bracelet. If these side parts are detachable, it would be easy to wear the middle part as tiara.

maria-olivia 05-19-2017 02:55 PM

Now I have the right solution and you were right.
Princess Joséphine Charlotte wore the center of the Necklace (3 rows as tiara) and the bracelet (2 rows) and the end of the necklace (2 rows) as necklace the day of her Wedding

An Ard Ri 05-19-2017 04:27 PM

Is the Congo necklace still with the Grand Ducal family as a lot of the late Grand Duchess Joséphine Charlotte 's jewels were sold off after her death.

malluu 09-02-2017 09:10 PM

Princess Marie Gabrielle of Nassau wore the Grand Duchess Adelaide sapphire tiara at her wedding today. I was surprised as I expected her to wear the small floral tiara like her cousins.
Boda real en Marbella: el espectacular Caprile de 10.000 swarovski de la novia

IloveCP 09-03-2017 12:30 AM

Love her choice of wedding tiara.

Prisma 09-29-2017 01:08 AM

GD Maria Teresa's earrings and brooch at the 14th Informal Meeting of Heads of State of German-speaking Countries on September 26th:
https://resize-parismatch.ladmedia.fr...re-2017-11.jpg

Blog Real 12-15-2018 08:56 AM

I found this article from Luxarazzi where is a list of tiaras of the Grand Duchy Family. There are about 30 tiaras and according to the same article there are many more tiaras in the coffers of the family and they are never seen ....
Luxarazzi 101: The Grand Ducal Tiara Collection

Mbruno 12-15-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blog Real (Post 2181012)
I found this article from Luxarazzi where is a list of tiaras of the Grand Duchy Family. There are about 30 tiaras and according to the same article there are many more tiaras in the coffers of the family and they are never seen ....
Luxarazzi 101: The Grand Ducal Tiara Collection

Yes, it is quite impressive. Actually one of the largest collections in Europe, probably surpassed nowadays only by the British.