The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Denmark (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/)
-   -   Opening of Parliament (Folketinget) 2003-2019 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/opening-of-parliament-folketinget-2003-2019-a-959.html)

ayvee 10-09-2008 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilla (Post 834221)
The Queen alwayes arrives last. The others arrives in accordance with the succesion to the throne. Princess Benedicte first, then Prince Joachim and wife and then The CP Couple.

This change seems to have occurred this year, of the Queen arriving last. I only started following the Danish Parliament opening when Princess Mary was around and in all these years (2004-2007), QMII and Prince Henrik arrived first followed by the Crown Prince Couple then Prince Joachim then Princess Benedikte.

In 2006, when Princess Mary wore that white coat dress, there is a video where you see QMII and Prince Henrik are waiting by the steps and Princess Mary with Prince Frederik goes up the steps. Princess Mary curtseys to QMII. Joachim arrives after. The link to the video is in the bottom of this link, click JP video
Danish Royal Watchers: Opening of Parliament

For 2004, you can see the arrival sequence with the photos posted on the 1st page of this thread.

-Ayvee

magnik 10-09-2008 02:30 PM

Probably I'm not t first person who think that both M&M looks like sisters specially in hats.

Drottning 10-09-2008 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnik (Post 834801)
Probably I'm not t first person who think that both M&M looks like sisters specially in hats.

I do, too! Except Marie is shorter but they can pass off as sisters.

The whole event looks terribly boring to me, IMO!

marmi 10-09-2008 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paty (Post 834624)
Photos By Madelein Glindorf

Royal Photos by Madeleine Glindorf

I'm going to keep an eye on this link because I think that madeliene normally is far more balanced in the pictures she takes - there are a lot of pictures of mary alone here, so mayeb this is only the first batch

Duchessofperth 10-10-2008 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iain (Post 834454)
Is there a procession from the palace to parliament? and why don't they use carriages instead of cars? People would get a better view if they did that.

Is nobody going to answer these question? Somone must know the answers.

Lilla 10-10-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Is there a procession from the palace to parliament?

No, at least not one in which it is tradition to have people assembleling along the roads to wave and salute the royals. But I guess, if one wants to do so, it would be possible figure out where to go and at which time.

Quote:

and why don't they use carriages instead of cars?

As I said it is not a tradition to have people assembleling along the roads to wave and salute the royals at this occasion. It isn't the royals who is in focus - but the parliament.

Iain 10-11-2008 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilla (Post 835443)
No, at least not one in which it is tradition to have people assembleling along the roads to wave and salute the royals. But I guess, if one wants to do so, it would be possible figure out where to go and at which time.

As I said it is not a tradition to have people assembleling along the roads to wave and salute the royals at this occasion. It isn't the royals who is in focus - but the parliament.

Thank you for the reply Lilla. It's a pity there's no procession, people like a good show.

Lilla 10-11-2008 06:59 PM

We will have to wait for a procession until the "Nytårskur" at the very beginning of january. At this event it is a tradition for The Queen and The Prince Consort to ride in a golden carriage - drawn by a span of six horses - from Amalienborg palace to Christiansborg castle. The carriage is followed by the mounted Gardehusarer Regiment as well.

LadyS 09-29-2009 05:21 AM

When is the opening of the Danish Parliament this year? I see some of the other countries have already had there openings and there is nothing listed on the Danish Calender yet.

UserDane 09-29-2009 05:23 AM

The official opening is always on the first Tuesday in October :smile:

JessRulz 09-29-2009 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyS (Post 997453)
When is the opening of the Danish Parliament this year? I see some of the other countries have already had there openings and there is nothing listed on the Danish Calender yet.

The opening of parliament is listed on the Danish Calender which is stickied to the main Danish forum:
Quote:

October 6
The royal couple, Crown Prince couple, Prince Joachim & Princess Marie as well as Princess Benedikte will attend the Folketing opening at Christiansborg Palace at 12.00

Paty 10-06-2009 04:49 AM

Information about this year opening of the Folketinget
Google Traductor

The folketinget Tv will broadcast the event. The royal family will arrived at 11:45h

JessRulz 10-06-2009 05:45 AM

Princess Benedikte is in dark colours, wearing a cape/poncho.
Princess Marie in a green dress and jacket, with a small beret-type hat.
Princess Mary in black, with a grey hat.

I'll make some screencaps.

marymaxima 10-06-2009 05:46 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!
I love marie!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dazzling 10-06-2009 05:48 AM

Fred & Mary just arrived. Mary in a new hat and a black coat.
I quite liked Marie's green coat and hair-do, looks very neat.

JessRulz 10-06-2009 05:49 AM

Two screencaps can be found here:
ImageShack - + One of the Queen

marymaxima 10-06-2009 05:53 AM

marie likes carrie bradshaw

dazzling 10-06-2009 05:58 AM

I wonder why the ladies are dressed in dark colors.
I didnt know that Mary & Marie had to curtsey to P.Henrik, also didnt know that they kissed the royals then curtsey, thought it was the other way round.

JessRulz 10-06-2009 06:02 AM

Several screencaps from inside the parliament:
https://img59.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=50698827.png

https://img28.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=67371647.png - Everyone appears rather bored, as usual. Politicians inclusive.

Yes dazz, both Mary and Marie have to curtsey to Prince Henrik - he ranks above them as spouse to the reigning monarch.

dazzling 10-06-2009 06:33 AM

Here are two videos of arriving and the other inside the parliment.

Thanks Jess for the info.