The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Dutch Royals (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   State Visit from Luxembourg to The Netherlands: April 24-26, 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/state-visit-from-luxembourg-to-the-netherlands-april-24-26-2006-a-9073.html)

fanletizia 04-24-2006 11:57 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Princess Maxima (R) arrives with Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and his wife Maria Teresa at the University Medical Centre April 24, 2006 in Leiden, the Netherlands

from getty

Pooky 04-24-2006 12:45 PM

[quote=Orianna]I noticed Maxima wears her engagement ring and wedding band in the Argentinian or latin way.
Last year while helping a friend to shop for a wedding band at Tiffanys they told methat there were two way to wear it. The American way or the latin way.

American is first the wedding band and then the engagement ring
Argentinian or Latin is first the engagement ring and then the wedding band.

I will find a picture later and post it to show you. Which way is used in the Netherlands and in Europe or is has to do more with the design of the ring?/quote]

I'm Argentinian living in Holland. I wear my wedding ring the way you describe it: engagement ring first and then the wedding band. I also wear them on my left hand, which they tell me here, it's the Catholic way... I see most people here wear them on their right hand....

popy 04-24-2006 12:55 PM

In my opinion Maxima and Maria Teresa should not wear shoes with ankle straps.:( And that ballon skirt does not looks good on Maxima :eek:

royalist 04-24-2006 01:07 PM

Sorry but I think both Maxima and M Teresa today's outfits are a bit awful choice for a daylight engagement...:cool:

sesa 04-24-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalist
Sorry but I think both Maxima and M Teresa today's outfits are a bit awful choice for a daylight engagement...:cool:

I agree with you! Too much for daytime and for a Hospital visit!
Ankle strap shoes on any woman that has meat on her legs should be outlawed! They just make the legs looks very heavy. Not flattering at all.
I won't say anything about the balloon skirt. Trend or not, it should just blow away forever.

MyAdia 04-24-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalist

Do you think the outfits would somehow look better at night? :D

royalist 04-24-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyAdia
Do you think the outfits would somehow look better at night? :D

not really...

GrandDuchess 04-24-2006 01:41 PM

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's white outfit from the official arrival at the airport was very elegant, I really liked that one! What a colour explosion we saw this afternoon, almost a bit too much for the eyes to look at all at the same time :D I agree about Máxima's skirt, it wasn't very flattering, too "baloony" in it's shape etc. It's nice that they want to wear strong colours, but perhaps not this much all at the same time.... :D

Hannelore 04-24-2006 01:47 PM

Neither Maria Teresa nor Maxima looked the slightest bit elegant today IMO.

MT should just lose a few pounds. I'm not saying she should become superslim, but when you're as short as she is and overweight it gets really hard to still look elegant. Her legs immediately draw (negative) attention, the ankle straps certainly don't help...She's got a lovely face though.

Maxima looked awful as well, the balloon skirt, the colors, the ankle straps that make her legs look like she's got no ankles, the shape of the hat...

Let's hope both ladies will shine at the gala diner!

Princess_Beatrix 04-24-2006 01:58 PM

I'm not sure what to think about Maxima's dress... I'm glad she wore such happy colours( looks much better then the black outfit she wore some days ago), but the baloon skirt looks strange! :cool:

Tonight will be the State Banquet! I really hope for Tiaras there! ;)

magnik 04-24-2006 02:03 PM

Both ladies GDss and CPss looks colourful. Maxima's dress as many before me said is too belly and should be little longer:D :rolleyes: I can't wait for the tiaras.

popje 04-24-2006 02:59 PM

I am waiting for the tiaras too. It is begining so. Am. 21.00.

Hannelore 04-24-2006 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
first gala pic. MT is wearing Josephine Charlotte's grand tiara, surprisingly (I didn't expect this because she's so short) it does look good on her. Everyone looks very nice IMO (perhaps Margriet and the queen a bit too eighties...)

Gettyimages

Kelly 04-24-2006 03:08 PM

MT's tiara is much bigger than the queens.

Princess_Beatrix 04-24-2006 03:08 PM

Great to see them all with Tiaras! :)
The Queen looks really ... goldish :D
Cannot wait to see bigger pictures of them all.

magnik 04-24-2006 03:12 PM

WOOOOW.
Is it first time when MT wear this big tiara?
Beatrix should wear big tiara too:D She is very goldish today's evening.
What tiara Maxima wear?

fanletizia 04-24-2006 03:12 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Images from anp

Princess_Beatrix 04-24-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnik
Beatrix should wear big tiara too:D She is very goldish today's evening.

Yes I say that, too! ;)
But I heard once that Beatrix hates to wear big Tiaras because she always gets terrible headaches when she wears those big and haevy things!

magnik 04-24-2006 03:16 PM

Beatrix is not the only one who doesn't like wear big a tiara. Probably that's the reason why Sofia and Silvia doesn't wear their big tiaras.
Btw Beatrix dress is very beautiful.. no matter that is too goldish.

Did Maria Teresa wore this dress before? I think that looks like this one from Visit to Spain and Haakon's wedding.

Stefan 04-24-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix
Yes I say that, too! ;)
But I heard once that Beatrix hates to wear big Tiaras because she always gets terrible headaches when she wears those big and haevy things!

The only big tiara Beatrix has worn in the past years is the Württemberg Diamand and Pearl Tiara in it's smaller setting without the upright Peal-Spikes (in this way she has worn in at her wedding Day) which she has worn at the State Visit of the Spanish Royal Couple in 2001 and and the Danish Crown princely Wedding in 2004.