The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Dutch Royals (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/)
-   -   State Visit from Luxembourg to The Netherlands: April 24-26, 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f17/state-visit-from-luxembourg-to-the-netherlands-april-24-26-2006-a-9073.html)

purple_platinum 03-07-2006 11:11 AM

State Visit from Luxembourg to The Netherlands: April 24-26, 2006

On April 24-26, upon the invitation by HM Queen Beatrix, TRH Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa of Luxembourg will make a State Visit to Netherlands.

They will visit the cities of The Hague, Amsterdam, Leiden, and the province of Fryslân.

for more information : https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=14371

Please post news & photos of this visit here... :) :)

lisamaria 03-29-2006 11:27 AM

Hello!

Don't ask how I got hold to this (a very resourceful a person I am :D), but here is the program for the upcoming state visit to the Netherlands.

Monday 24 April 2006 – The Hague and Leyden

11.00 - Ceremonial welcome at Rotterdam Airport, by H.M. the Queen and H.R.H. the Prince of Orange
15.00 - Visit to Eurotransplant International Foundation and the Leyden University Medical Centre (combined visit at the Medical Centre)
16.45 - Meeting with the Presidents of Senate and House of Representatives and the Committees for Foreign and European Affairs, at the
Senate Building in The Hague
21.00 - State banquet (speeches by the Grandduke and the Queen) (I suppose at Noordeinde Palace, the website doesn’t mention a location)

Tuesday 25 April 2006 – Friesland/Fryslân and Amsterdam

10.00 - Visit to the Grote of Jacobijnerkerk (a church) in Leeuwarden/Ljouwerd (burial place of the Frisian Nassaus)
10.30 - Visit to the National Ceramics Museum ‘Princessehof’ in Leeuwarden (former residence of ‘Marijke Meu’, widow of Stadtholder Johan Willem Friso)
11.15 - Visit to the Van Hall Larenstein Institute and Wetsus in Leeuwarden
12.45 - Luncheon at Heringastate (also known as ‘Poptaslot’) in Marssum
14.15 - Boat-trip from Eernewoud/Earnewâld
20.15 - Concert by ‘L’Orchestre de Chambre du Luxembourg’ at the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam, offered by the Grandducal couple

Wednesday 26 April 2006 – Amsterdam and The Hague

08.30 - Opening speech by H.R.H. the Grandduke at a seminar for the banking world at the building of the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam
09.45 - Guided tour through the exhibition ‘Rembrandt-Caravaggio’, at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam
10.30 - Reception hosted by the City of Amsterdam at the Van Gogh Museum
11.30 - Laying of a wreath at the National Monument at Dam Square, Amsterdam
13.15 - Luncheon, offered by the Dutch government at the Ridderzaal, The Hague (speeches by the Prime Minister and the Grandduke)
15.45 - Reception for Luxembourg people in the Netherlands, at the residence of the Luxembourg ambassador, The Hague
17.30 - Depart from Rotterdam Airport – End of state visit

-L

Virnabrisa2000 03-29-2006 01:56 PM

That you win I have that you of already this visit of State, will have new pictures:):):)

lisamaria 03-29-2006 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Virnabrisa2000
That you win I have that you of already this visit of State, will have new pictures:):):)

If I could perform miracles, I would be living in Bali and having Josep Carreras singing me a serenade every evening as I dine with lobster and champagne. Or something...

-L :p

gaggleofcrazypeople 03-29-2006 02:49 PM

Thanks for all that info!

Kelly 03-29-2006 02:57 PM

Yes, thank you for the info. very resourceful I suppose;). Can't wait for those pictures!

dutch royal 03-30-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lisamaria
Hello!

Don't ask how I got hold to this (a very resourceful a person I am :D), but here is the program for the upcoming state visit to the Netherlands.

Monday 24 April 2006 – The Hague and Leyden

11.00 - Ceremonial welcome at Rotterdam Airport, by H.M. the Queen and H.R.H. the Prince of Orange
15.00 - Visit to Eurotransplant International Foundation and the Leyden University Medical Centre (combined visit at the Medical Centre)
16.45 - Meeting with the Presidents of Senate and House of Representatives and the Committees for Foreign and European Affairs, at the
Senate Building in The Hague
21.00 - State banquet (speeches by the Grandduke and the Queen) (I suppose at Noordeinde Palace, the website doesn’t mention a location)

Tuesday 25 April 2006 – Friesland/Fryslân and Amsterdam

10.00 - Visit to the Grote of Jacobijnerkerk (a church) in Leeuwarden/Ljouwerd (burial place of the Frisian Nassaus)
10.30 - Visit to the National Ceramics Museum ‘Princessehof’ in Leeuwarden (former residence of ‘Marijke Meu’, widow of Stadtholder Johan Willem Friso)
11.15 - Visit to the Van Hall Larenstein Institute and Wetsus in Leeuwarden
12.45 - Luncheon at Heringastate (also known as ‘Poptaslot’) in Marssum
14.15 - Boat-trip from Eernewoud/Earnewâld
20.15 - Concert by ‘L’Orchestre de Chambre du Luxembourg’ at the Royal Tropical Institute in Amsterdam, offered by the Grandducal couple

Wednesday 26 April 2006 – Amsterdam and The Hague

08.30 - Opening speech by H.R.H. the Grandduke at a seminar for the banking world at the building of the Chamber of Commerce in Amsterdam
09.45 - Guided tour through the exhibition ‘Rembrandt-Caravaggio’, at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam
10.30 - Reception hosted by the City of Amsterdam at the Van Gogh Museum
11.30 - Laying of a wreath at the National Monument at Dam Square, Amsterdam
13.15 - Luncheon, offered by the Dutch government at the Ridderzaal, The Hague (speeches by the Prime Minister and the Grandduke)
15.45 - Reception for Luxembourg people in the Netherlands, at the residence of the Luxembourg ambassador, The Hague
17.30 - Depart from Rotterdam Airport – End of state visit

-L

I am going to be there all 3 days ( i got those days off from work) so i can see the luxembourg couple with oure queen.:D :D :D :D

And ofcourse make beautifull pictures from the royals!!!!;) ;) ;) ;)

Kelly 04-04-2006 04:04 PM

Lucky you! Can't wait for those pictures!

legnavirginia2006 04-04-2006 04:25 PM

Yeah me too! I am a big fan of the Luxembourg Ryal Family. i am so anxious to see the pictures.

Heiress Victoria 04-04-2006 04:49 PM

great info... but I think guillaume should go with them ..

Maxie 04-04-2006 05:08 PM

I just can't wait for this visit to start! Dutch royal, you're one lucky girl. I don't think I will be able to go to Amsterdam or The Hague and watch these two families together. Such a pity!

Marengo 04-22-2006 07:00 PM

A more elaborate programme posted by Henri M on the benelux royals MB (original source is the gouverment of Luxembourg)

Visite d’État de L.L.A.A.R.R. Le Grand-Duc et La Grande-Duchesse aux Pays-Bas (24-27.04.2006)

-------------------------------------------------
On invitation of Her Majesty The Queen of the Netherlands, Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and The Grand-Duchess of Luxembourg will bring a State Visit to the Netherlands from the 24th until the 27th of April 2006.
The grand-ducal couple will be accompanied by M. Jean Asselborn, vice-premier, minister of Foreign Affairs and M. Luc Frieden, minister of Justice and the Budget.
The grand-ducal couple and the Luxembourgian delegation will arrive on Monday April 24th on Rotterdam Airport and be welcomed by Her Majesty The Queen of the Netherlands, His Royal Highness The Prince of Orange and M. Bernard Bot, the Netherlands' minister of Foreign Affairs.
After the military honours and the presentation of the delegations, Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and The Grand-Duchess will head for Noordeinde Palace in The Hague for a déjeuner privé.
The members of the Luxembourgian Government will meet their political counterparts in the Netherlands. M. Jean Asselborn, vice-premier, minister of Foreign Affairs will meet the chef of the Netherlands' diplomacy M. Bernard Bot, the Netherlands' minister of Foreign Affairs. They will review the bilateral relationship between the two countries, exchange their views and opinions on some of the major dossiers in European policy.
M. Luc Frieden, minister of Justice will meet his Netherlands' counterpart M. Jan Piet Hein Donner and mainly discuss the judicial cooperation between the Netherlands and Luxembourg and discuss civil and penal measures in the famework of an Europe of freedom, liberty, justice and security.
In the afternoon, the grand-ducal couple will visit Leyden University, the eldest of all Netherlands' universities, founded by Willem I of Nassau, Prince of Orange in 1575. They will inform themselves on the Universitary Medical Center, especially on the newest biomedical technologies which are used in the treatment against leucaemia. They will also visit the headquarters of Eurotransplant, which is responsible for and coordinates the exchange of organs within the three Benelux-countries.
The Chairman of the First Chamber of the States-General (the Senate), Mme. Yvonne Timmerman Buck, and the Chairman of the Second Chamber of the States-General (the House of Representatives), M. Frans W. Weisglas, will welcome and accompany the grand-ducal couple when they meet the chairpersons and members of the permament parliamentary commissions for Foreign Affairs and for Europe.
In the evening Her Majesty The Queen will offer a Dîner de Gala in honour of Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and The Grand-Duchess. This event will be held on Noordeinde Palace in The Hague and will also close the first day of the State Visit.
On Tuesday April 25th Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and The Grand-Duchess, in the presence of Her Majesty The Queen, will visit the province Fryslân (Frisia) in the north of the Netherlands.
The grand-ducal couple will visit an exhibition on European and Oriental ceramiques at the Museum Princessehof in Leeuwarden, famous for its fine collection of chinoises. After this there will be a guided visit to the Church of the Jacobinians (the Great Church) in Leeuwarden, where scions of the Friesian Nassaus are interred.
After a visit to the Van Hall Larenstein Institute, a major centre on research and experimentation on agriculture, environment and biotopes in the north of the Netherlands, Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and The Grand-Duchess will inform themselves at Wetsus Institute on durable watertechnologies.
A lunch will be offered to the grand-ducal couple on the Heringa Estate in Marssum. After the déjeuner Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and The Grand-Duchess will enjoy a sightseeing by boat, departing from Earnewâld.
In the evening Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and The Grand-Duchess will offer a reception in honour of Her Majesty The Queen, which will be held at the Royal Museum for the Tropics in Amsterdam. The reception will start with a concert by l’Orchestre de chambre du Luxembourg under direction of M. Nicolas Brochot.
The third day of the State Visit will begin with a seminair about the Luxembourgian economy. Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and The Grand-Duchess will be accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima and M. Luc Frieden, minister of the Budget. The seminair will be held at the Amsterdam Chamber of Commerce, in the presence of an important delegation with personalities out of the economical and financial life of both Luxembourg and the Netherlands.
The Mayor of the City of Amsterdam, M. Job Cohen, will receive the grand-ducal couple and Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima at the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam. Besides the impressive own collection, at the moment there is a special exhibition in the Van Gogh Museum dedicated to the great masters Rembrandt and Caravaggio.
After this guided visit to the exposotion, Their Royal Highnesses The Grand-Duke and The Grand-Duchess, accompanied by Their Royal Highnesses The Prince of Orange and Princess Máxima, will lay a wreath of flowers at the National Monument on Dam Square in Amsterdam.
Later in the afternoon the grand-ducal couple will be offered a déjeuner by M. Jan Peter Balkenende, the Netherlands premier, in name of the Netherlands Government. This déjeuner in honour of the grand-ducal couple will be held in one of the halls at the Inner Court in The Hague.
After the déjeuner, the grand-ducal couple will host a reception for the Luxembourgean community in the Netherlands. (Communiqué par le Service information et presse du gouvernement)

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 01:40 AM

Official Program of the Luxembourg State Visit
from koninklijkhuis.nl

Quote:

As reported by Government Information Service (RVD) -message nr 40 d. d. 7 March 2006, Theirs's Royal Highnesses the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess of Luxembourg bring a state visit at the Netherlands on Monday 24 till and with Wednesday 26 April on invitation of Her Majesty the Queen.
The Grand Duke & Grand Duchess will visit the cities The Hague, Amsterdam and Leiden, and the province of Fryslân.

Her Majesty the Queen will accompany the Grand Duke and Grand Duchess on 25 April during their visit to Fryslân. His Royal Highness the Prince of Orange and Her Royal Highness Princess Máxima will accompany them on the visit to Leiden on 24 April and to Amsterdam on 26 April.

The program is as follows :

Monday 24 April, The Hague & Leiden
  • 11.00 - Arrival and Welcome Ceremony by the Queen & Prince of Orange at Rotterdam Airport
  • 15.00 - Visit to Eurotransplant International Foundation and the Leiden University Medical Center (combined visit in the Medical Center)
  • 16.45 - Meeting with First Chairmen and Second Chamber and Fixed chamber
    commissions for Foreign and European Affairs, in the building of the First Chamber at the Courtyard at the hague
  • 15.00 - State Banquet, with official speeches by the Grand Duke and the Queen
Tuesday 25 April, Fryslân and Amsterdam
  • 10.00 - Visit at the Grote of Jacobijnerkerk te Leeuwarden, place of the Frisian Nassaus
  • 10.30 - Visit to National Ceramic Museum Princessehof, Leeuwarden
  • 11.15 - Visit to the Van Hall Larenstein Institute and Wetsus te Leeuwarden 12.45 - Lunch at Heringastate (Poptaslot), Marssum
  • 14.15 - Boat Journey from Earnewâld (Eernewoud)
  • 20.15 - Concert by L' Orchestre de Chambre du Luxembourg in the Royal Institute Tropics of Amsterdam, offered by the Grand Duke & Grand Duchess
Wednesday 26 April, Amsterdam and The Hague
  • 8.30 - Grand Duke present openings speech on seminar for the Banking in the building the Chamber of Commerce of Amsterdam
  • 9.45 - Guided Tour through the exhibition 'Rembrandt-Caravaggio', at the Van Gogh Museum of Amsterdam
  • 10.30 - Reception by the Municipality Amsterdam, in the Van Gogh Museum
  • 11.30 - Wreath Laying at the National Monument on the Dam Square, Amsterdam
    13.15 - Governments Luncheon at the knight hall (Ridderzaal) with official speeches of the Grand Duke and the Prime Minister
  • 15.45 - Reception for the Luxemburgers living in the Netherlands, at the residence of the Luxembourg ambassador, in The Hague
  • 17.30 - Departure from Rotterdam Airport.
End state visit

27 March 2006
for more information: RVD-bericht d.d. 7 maart 2006

Marengo 04-24-2006 05:46 AM

I think I will have a look at Dam square on wednesday, I will be around anyway...

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 06:48 AM

9 Attachment(s)
so it begins...

Queen Beatrix & Prince Willem-Alexander welcome Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa at Rotterdam Airport

photos from ANP :

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 07:29 AM

2 Attachment(s)
from DPA :

fanletizia 04-24-2006 07:38 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Images from getty

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 07:43 AM

10 Attachment(s)
more from PPE

Maxie 04-24-2006 07:49 AM

Thanks fanletizia & purple for the pictures. As always we can rely on you! ;)

Looks like a heartly welcome there at Rotterdam airport! :)
And Marengo, I envy you! :p It's about time that I move to Amsterdam too. ;)

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 07:50 AM

9 Attachment(s)
more from PPE

fanletizia 04-24-2006 07:52 AM

4 Attachment(s)
More from getty

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 08:01 AM

8 Attachment(s)
also from reuters (via yahoo)

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 08:34 AM

from RoyalImages :

https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240408.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240407.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240406.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240405.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240404.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240403.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240402.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240401.jpg

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 08:36 AM

more from RoyalImages :

https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240415.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240414.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240413.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240412.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240411.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240410.jpg https://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...h_RI240409.jpg

Princess_Beatrix 04-24-2006 08:55 AM

Great pictures! :) They looks so close to each other!
The Queen's Hat looks really interesting!

Princess Maxima 04-24-2006 09:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Maxima &Maria-Theresa in Leiden

(picture press europe)

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 10:18 AM

8 Attachment(s)
good gosh.. this state visit started with plain colour (brown, white, black), but yes yes.. once Maxima is in the scene.. it's colour colour colour... :D :D

April 24, 2006
Grand Duke Henri & Grand Duchess Maria Teresa are visiting Leiden University Medical Center, accompanied by Prince Willem-Alexander & Princess Maxima.

photos from ANP :

kwanfan 04-24-2006 10:19 AM

Quite a color combo from Maxima!

mirrjam 04-24-2006 10:20 AM

I sooo don't like maxima's outfit. the colours are just SCREAMING!

nayralorenzo 04-24-2006 10:21 AM

Wow....colour explosion!

Maxie 04-24-2006 10:29 AM

I love these outfits!!! :D
Both Maria-Teresa and Maxima look wonderful! :)

(Oh, I'm such a red-orange-pink addict, I just did my red-orange-pink laundry and it's waving in the wind right now...:p)

nayralorenzo 04-24-2006 10:36 AM

But really I think Maxima looks fantastic, even if her dress look likes one from Agatha Ruiz de la Prada...jeje

Maria Teresa is very elegant...I like her very much.

Larzen 04-24-2006 10:38 AM

Oh dear shiny satin baloon skirt:eek: and with shiny nylons to match:p
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&d=1145888796

I thought it was only Marilene who wore those awful baloon skirts, they are so incredible unflattering for any woman

the Grand Duchess looks good in her red outfit and wonderful hat.

barber 04-24-2006 11:22 AM

so fast several pictures from the royal family , super !

berry 04-24-2006 11:24 AM

i agree with larzen. those balloon skirts don't do anything for a woman. just horrible. so eighties...

pollyemma 04-24-2006 11:25 AM

i love the colors of maximas outfit but i think the skirt is a little too poufy. it the cut were a little more restrained the outfit would be perfect.

Emily 04-24-2006 11:34 AM

Oh, Maxima --- just not a flattering look -- from balloon skirt to shoes with ankle straps. I like the colors but perhaps it's an outfit shown to better effect against the black of night.

Orianna 04-24-2006 11:39 AM

Maxima s wedding band

I noticed Maxima wears her engagement ring and wedding band in the Argentinian or latin way.
Last year while helping a friend to shop for a wedding band at Tiffanys they told methat there were two way to wear it. The American way or the latin way.

American is first the wedding band and then the engagement ring
Argentinian or Latin is first the engagement ring and then the wedding band.

I will find a picture later and post it to show you. Which way is used in the Netherlands and in Europe or is has to do more with the design of the ring?

I also foud out that while they were in Argentina in the state visit, Alexia and C-A stayed with Maxima s parents in Villa La Angostura and Maxima was calling them all the time by cellphone.

fanletizia 04-24-2006 11:49 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Images from PPE

purple_platinum 04-24-2006 11:51 AM

9 Attachment(s)
24-04-2006 - Statevisit Henri and Maria Teresa of Luxembourg
Visiting Eurotransplant International Foundation in Leiden accompanied by Willem-Alexander & Maxima

from seegerpress

https://img23.imagevenue.com/loc178/t...ER00158513.jpg https://img40.imagevenue.com/loc116/t...ER00158514.jpg https://img40.imagevenue.com/loc171/t...ER00158515.jpg https://img144.imagevenue.com/loc155/...ER00158516.jpg https://img15.imagevenue.com/loc223/t...ER00158517.jpg https://img44.imagevenue.com/loc35/th...ER00158518.jpg https://img131.imagevenue.com/loc136/...ER00158519.jpg

from PPE
https://img105.imagevenue.com/loc266/...3_06042426.jpg https://img14.imagevenue.com/loc210/t...8_06042427.jpg https://img15.imagevenue.com/loc296/t...3_06042428.jpg

fanletizia 04-24-2006 11:57 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Princess Maxima (R) arrives with Grand Duke Henri of Luxembourg and his wife Maria Teresa at the University Medical Centre April 24, 2006 in Leiden, the Netherlands

from getty

Pooky 04-24-2006 12:45 PM

[quote=Orianna]I noticed Maxima wears her engagement ring and wedding band in the Argentinian or latin way.
Last year while helping a friend to shop for a wedding band at Tiffanys they told methat there were two way to wear it. The American way or the latin way.

American is first the wedding band and then the engagement ring
Argentinian or Latin is first the engagement ring and then the wedding band.

I will find a picture later and post it to show you. Which way is used in the Netherlands and in Europe or is has to do more with the design of the ring?/quote]

I'm Argentinian living in Holland. I wear my wedding ring the way you describe it: engagement ring first and then the wedding band. I also wear them on my left hand, which they tell me here, it's the Catholic way... I see most people here wear them on their right hand....

popy 04-24-2006 12:55 PM

In my opinion Maxima and Maria Teresa should not wear shoes with ankle straps.:( And that ballon skirt does not looks good on Maxima :eek:

royalist 04-24-2006 01:07 PM

Sorry but I think both Maxima and M Teresa today's outfits are a bit awful choice for a daylight engagement...:cool:

sesa 04-24-2006 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royalist
Sorry but I think both Maxima and M Teresa today's outfits are a bit awful choice for a daylight engagement...:cool:

I agree with you! Too much for daytime and for a Hospital visit!
Ankle strap shoes on any woman that has meat on her legs should be outlawed! They just make the legs looks very heavy. Not flattering at all.
I won't say anything about the balloon skirt. Trend or not, it should just blow away forever.

MyAdia 04-24-2006 01:15 PM

Quote:

Do you think the outfits would somehow look better at night? :D

royalist 04-24-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MyAdia
Do you think the outfits would somehow look better at night? :D

not really...

GrandDuchess 04-24-2006 01:41 PM

Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's white outfit from the official arrival at the airport was very elegant, I really liked that one! What a colour explosion we saw this afternoon, almost a bit too much for the eyes to look at all at the same time :D I agree about Máxima's skirt, it wasn't very flattering, too "baloony" in it's shape etc. It's nice that they want to wear strong colours, but perhaps not this much all at the same time.... :D

Hannelore 04-24-2006 01:47 PM

Neither Maria Teresa nor Maxima looked the slightest bit elegant today IMO.

MT should just lose a few pounds. I'm not saying she should become superslim, but when you're as short as she is and overweight it gets really hard to still look elegant. Her legs immediately draw (negative) attention, the ankle straps certainly don't help...She's got a lovely face though.

Maxima looked awful as well, the balloon skirt, the colors, the ankle straps that make her legs look like she's got no ankles, the shape of the hat...

Let's hope both ladies will shine at the gala diner!

Princess_Beatrix 04-24-2006 01:58 PM

I'm not sure what to think about Maxima's dress... I'm glad she wore such happy colours( looks much better then the black outfit she wore some days ago), but the baloon skirt looks strange! :cool:

Tonight will be the State Banquet! I really hope for Tiaras there! ;)

magnik 04-24-2006 02:03 PM

Both ladies GDss and CPss looks colourful. Maxima's dress as many before me said is too belly and should be little longer:D :rolleyes: I can't wait for the tiaras.

popje 04-24-2006 02:59 PM

I am waiting for the tiaras too. It is begining so. Am. 21.00.

Hannelore 04-24-2006 03:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
first gala pic. MT is wearing Josephine Charlotte's grand tiara, surprisingly (I didn't expect this because she's so short) it does look good on her. Everyone looks very nice IMO (perhaps Margriet and the queen a bit too eighties...)

Gettyimages

Kelly 04-24-2006 03:08 PM

MT's tiara is much bigger than the queens.

Princess_Beatrix 04-24-2006 03:08 PM

Great to see them all with Tiaras! :)
The Queen looks really ... goldish :D
Cannot wait to see bigger pictures of them all.

magnik 04-24-2006 03:12 PM

WOOOOW.
Is it first time when MT wear this big tiara?
Beatrix should wear big tiara too:D She is very goldish today's evening.
What tiara Maxima wear?

fanletizia 04-24-2006 03:12 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Images from anp

Princess_Beatrix 04-24-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnik

Yes I say that, too! ;)
But I heard once that Beatrix hates to wear big Tiaras because she always gets terrible headaches when she wears those big and haevy things!

magnik 04-24-2006 03:16 PM

Beatrix is not the only one who doesn't like wear big a tiara. Probably that's the reason why Sofia and Silvia doesn't wear their big tiaras.
Btw Beatrix dress is very beautiful.. no matter that is too goldish.

Did Maria Teresa wore this dress before? I think that looks like this one from Visit to Spain and Haakon's wedding.

Stefan 04-24-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess_Beatrix
Yes I say that, too! ;)
But I heard once that Beatrix hates to wear big Tiaras because she always gets terrible headaches when she wears those big and haevy things!

The only big tiara Beatrix has worn in the past years is the Württemberg Diamand and Pearl Tiara in it's smaller setting without the upright Peal-Spikes (in this way she has worn in at her wedding Day) which she has worn at the State Visit of the Spanish Royal Couple in 2001 and and the Danish Crown princely Wedding in 2004.

Princess_Beatrix 04-24-2006 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanletizia
Images from anp

Oh I really don't like the Tiara maxima chose! Anyway, it looks beautiful on her. :)

Maxima fan 04-24-2006 03:19 PM

Quote:

WOOOOW.
Is it first time when MT wear this big tiara?
What tiara Maxima wear?

Maxima wears the Aquamarine Tiara, I think!

Princess_Beatrix 04-24-2006 03:23 PM

Máxima wears the Aquamarine Parure and Beatrix wears the Pearl Button Tiara. :)

Mandrake 04-24-2006 03:38 PM

Margriet wears the Emerald tiara, it's almost hidden in her hair but it seems that's the way the Oranjes like to wear tiaras.
It's a shame that they never wear the big tiara's anymore. I suppose 80% of the jewels the own aren't used anymore...., it's always the same with Beatrix c.s.

fanletizia 04-24-2006 03:44 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Images from getty and anp

magnik 04-24-2006 03:51 PM

Well, I'm not a fan of Maxima's Aquamarine Parure. She looks strange on it. It looks like horns or smth. Maybe she should wear her star tiara from wedding?

Stefan 04-24-2006 04:03 PM

Quote:

Beatrix is not the only one who doesn't like wear big a tiara. Probably that's the reason why Sofia and Silvia doesn't wear their big tiaras.
Btw Beatrix dress is very beautiful.. no matter that is too goldish.

Did Maria Teresa wore this dress before? I think that looks like this one from Visit to Spain and Haakon's wedding.

But Silvia does wear a lot of big tiaras like the Nine-Pronge-Tiara the Cameo-Tiara and the Leuchtenberg-Sapphire-Tiara the Braganca Diamand Tiara is only worn when there a State-Visits from other Monarchs or important Presidents. And Sofia started to wear the bigger Cartier-Diamand and Pearl Tiara which she has worn to almost State Visits to Spain since the Danish Crown Princely Wedding, where she has worn it the first time after 10 years or so. She only seldom wears the Fleurs-de-Lys Tiara the last time was at the State-Visit to Belgium in 2000.

magnik 04-24-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
But Silvia does wear a lot of big tiaras like the Nine-Pronge-Tiara the Cameo-Tiara and the Leuchtenberg-Sapphire-Tiara the Braganca Diamand Tiara is only worn when there a State-Visits from other Monarchs or important Presidents. And Sofia started to wear the bigger Cartier-Diamand and Pearl Tiara which she has worn to almost State Visits to Spain since the Danish Crown Princely Wedding, where she has worn it the first time after 10 years or so. She only seldom weary the Fleurs-de-Lys Tiara the last time was at the State-Visit to Belgium in 2000.

I was thinking about Silvia's Braganca Tiara and Sofia's Ansorena Tiara - both looks very heavy.

Gisela 04-24-2006 04:19 PM

The evening look of Maxima and MT is a definite improvement over their daywear. I actually like the aquamarine, it complemented her dress and shawl.

Stefan 04-24-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

I was thinking about Silvia's Braganca Tiara and Sofia's Ansorena Tiara - both looks very heavy.

But the have worn them but rarely. Beatrix has never worn her biggest Tiara the Stuart-Diamand-Tiara which was frequently worn by Queen Juliana the last time at her State-Visit to the UK in 1971 and her second biggest the Sapphire-Tiara was worn the last time in 1992. From the four big tiara in the dutch Royal Collection the only one she wears frequently is the Württemberg-Diamand and Pearl Tiara and this one in a smaller setting.

magnik 04-24-2006 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan
But the have worn them but rarely. Beatrix has never worn her biggest Tiara the Stuart-Diamand-Tiara which was frequently worn by Queen Juliana the last time at her State-Visit to the UK in 1971 and her second biggest the Sapphire-Tiara was worn the last time in 1992. From the four big tiara in the dutch Royal Collection the only one she wears frequently is the Württemberg-Diamand and Pearl Tiara and this one in a smaller setting.

As I wrote before probably they wore them rarely becouse these tiaras are big and haevy.

marakimou 04-24-2006 04:42 PM

That necklace the Grand Duchess has on is stunning! Does anyone know anything about it? The diamonds look enormous...

Marengo 04-24-2006 05:07 PM

I have to let go of some personal frustrations:

I wonder why the Queen doesn't sell most of her jewelry collection anyway as 2/3 of it is collecting dust in the vaults and the nicest pieces haven't been seen for ages. If she even let's herself be outshined by a 'mere' Grand Duchess (not only in tiara, also in neclace & brooch) she might want to sell them all, as it is of no use anyway. I wonder what thing she will hide in her hair during her state visit to Belgium, when Queen paola will be standing next to her with the diademe of the nine provinces she will probably wear the eternal floral motive tiara. Margriet might leave the tiara's at home as well as she always goes out of her ways to hide the tiara in her hair. What's the use of it then? Maybe they are afraid of burglars, hence the hiding.
I do not like the tiara Maxima is wearing either, but anything is better then her horrible barbie/ star diademe IMO.

And now I am at it: it would be nice if Laurentien and Constantijn started to join these occassions as well, especially when such close neighbours are visiting!

On a more positive note: chapeau for the Grand Duchess, I was hoping to see this tiara on her, and luckily she can wear it without the diademe becoming to overwhelming.

The dress of HM is in a class of its own, I rather like it, it is very Royal, a sort of costume. The Grand Duchess looks lovely in pink, Maxima's dress isn't anything to special, usually she wears more special things.

mandyy 04-24-2006 05:12 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Photos from Royal Images

lisamaria 04-24-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marakimou
That necklace the Grand Duchess has on is stunning! Does anyone know anything about it? The diamonds look enormous...

Yes, they look so big you could buy a small country with them :D But the thing on her head is hideous, it makes her look like a mad beauty queen. Or Miss Havisham. And to these poignant words I have wasted my 100th post.

-L :p

mandyy 04-24-2006 05:16 PM

10 Attachment(s)
More state banquet photos from Royal Images

mandyy 04-24-2006 05:17 PM

2 Attachment(s)
2 more from Royal images

rere 04-24-2006 05:22 PM

I hope Maxima and Maria Teresa not wear similar outfits to the same event again. I guess both are Nathan's and the designer should know not to dress the two in similar outfits for the same event.

I consider the Grand Duchess equal rank to a Queen - highest royal woman in a family. I am glad to see Maria Teresa finally wear the biggest tiara in the family's jewelry. I hope Maria Teresa will wear more jewelry from the family's vault. I think the necklace is too much with the tiara, but Grand Duchess Maria Teresa is probably happy to finally wear the big one. Overall Grand Duchess Maria Teresa looks perfect. The necklace appears to be the wedding tiara worn by women in her family.

Queen Beatrix has several tiara which are bigger than that one. If she wants to wear a smaller one, then good for the queen.

Maxie 04-24-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo

Thanks for exactly expressing my feelings... ;)
I think it's such a shame that we always seem to get to see the same pieces. I think I'll neutralize to Swedish citizenship...
But I'd say: wait a little longer with selling them off untill W-A becomes king, maybe Maxima starts wearing some of the older pieces? (Wishfull thinking, I guess...)

Totally agree with you on the Constantijn and Laurentien thing. It surely is about time they start attending these kind of events too, since they will be spare King and Queen within a few years...

Sophus 04-24-2006 05:27 PM

The tiara of M-T is way too grand when she wears her hair down... That size of a jewel demands a hairstyle like Queen Silvia's or Queen Margrethe's.

Marengo 04-24-2006 05:28 PM

Now I am over the first shock ;) I realise the golden dress of the Queen has enough glitter to compensate. I am still somewhat disappointed that she leaves the nicest pieces locked up though, such a waste. We can only hope Maxima will have a different policy (and takes a hint from her collegue from Luxembourg).

I was hoping the Queen would wear Queen Emma's sapphire tiara, as she did in the previous incoming/outgoing statevisits with Luxembourg (and as her mother did as well). But I have to confess she looks adorable in this combination, it looks very soft on her. She seems to enjoy the visit as she smiles & smiles & smiles... Nevertheless what struck me (even before the tiara-affair did) was that she looks pale-ish and older then that I am used, a bit frail even.

Maxima's necklace seems modified, it seems 'rounder' and shorter then on older pictures (of Juliana), it looks much better this way. Margriet is wearing the emerald tiara without the emerald or pearls. It is a lovely bandeau like this, but as I said, it disappears.

The setting of the banquet looks great IMO, much better then the icy white background of The palace on the Dam. The flowers are just lovely.

--

I just saw the statebanquet on the news, the diamonds of Maria Theresa were eyecatchers, the glittered and glittered, it looked amazing!

Hannelore 04-24-2006 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rere
I hope Maxima and Maria Teresa not wear similar outfits to the same event again. I guess both are Nathan's and the designer should know not to dress the two in similar outfits for the same event.

It's not the designer who dresses them! He makes the collection, they buy pieces and decide themselves what to wear when.

Kelly 04-24-2006 05:41 PM

The colors that Maxima is choosing for this state visit are really vibrant colors. The Queen looks great in her outfit.

Maxie 04-24-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Nevertheless what struck me (even before the tiara-affair) was that she looks pale-ish and older then that I am used, a bit frail even.

Yes, I was thinking the same. Can be the light, of course.

Here's a pic of the arrival from www.koninklijkhuis.nl (original source royal images) with a iny tiny little watermark...

https://img250.imageshack.us/img250/4...komst132dn.jpg

Emily 04-24-2006 06:11 PM

I agree with Marengo and Maxie -- the first thing I thought when I saw the Queen in her gold evening dress was how old she looked. Could it be the color of the dress against her skin? Maybe it's not her color. But I have to say -- I really don't like any of today's day or evening outfits. Maxima's gown this evening is pretty but I think she should have used a pale blue shawl to tone with the aquamarines...or something because she has a very uncoordinated look IMO.

Maxie 04-24-2006 06:14 PM

I was wondering which language they use to conversate? German? Or just good old English?

Marengo 04-24-2006 06:18 PM

I believe the Queen held her speech in english. Maxima doesn't talk german, so I assume the talk in english as well...or maybe spanish (Maxima and Marie-Theresa)?

Maxie 04-24-2006 06:27 PM

Oh yes, of course. From time to time I tend to forget that Maxima doesn't speak German. :o

Maxie 04-24-2006 06:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pics of the arrival and the banquet from polfoto... :)

Beate 04-24-2006 07:56 PM

Is there a link availabe to the speeches? I'd love to know what was said!
Henri and Beatrix seem to be quite clsoe, which is great to see..

Squidgy 04-24-2006 08:08 PM

Quote:

I wonder why the Queen doesn't sell most of her jewelry collection anyway as 2/3 of it is collecting dust in the vaults and the nicest pieces haven't been seen for ages ... I wonder what thing she will hide in her hair during her state visit to Belgium, when Queen paola will be standing next to her with the diademe of the nine provinces she will probably wear the eternal floral motive tiara.

I understand your frustrations Marengo ... it would be nice to see the Queen in some other jewellry for a change, instead of seeing the same old, same old!:(

But look on the bright side. It could be worse - you could be living in Canada and not be seeing ANY tiaras at all! ;):)

I thought all the ladies looked pretty good this evening (although as others have said, the Queen did look a bit pale & tired). IMO, Maxima's evening attire was a big improvement over her day outfit. I had to live through the time when the bubble skirt had its 15 minutes of fame in the '80s. I can't believe I am going to be made to suffer through its resurrection!:eek::eek::D

redfox6 04-24-2006 08:09 PM

I agree. Most of the outfits were flops. Maxima's daytime outfit was okay, but the baloon skirt, as many have said is not flattering and the ankle strap shoes on both Maxima and Maria-Theresa were awful. The evening dress was almost as bad. The queen who looked lovely this afternoon, look awful in that color gold. Maxima's gown was okay, but the jewelry, including the tiara was terrible. Maxima has worn some of the worst tiaras I have ever seen. She is lovely, too bad. Maria-Thersa looked like she was in pain wearing that tiara, which she might have been. She didn't look elegant, I have seen her look much better. She has a beautiful face. She is a bit chunky and needs to stick to simple, elongated lines. You would think that someone would advise them on how to look their best.

GlitteringTiaras 04-24-2006 08:17 PM

Quote:

They're sure are in a colorful mood today!

Spicy red, funky fuschia, ballon skirts galore, wide hats all around!:) These royal ladies never disappoint the royal fashionista critics.

The tiara on the Grand Duchess is a bit too big for her, no?

Squidgy 04-24-2006 08:22 PM

I fear my earlier post on clothes & jewellry was too negative ... so on to other things more positive.

The greetings that the two royal families had for each other earlier today at the airport looked to be genuinely warm. Are the Luxembourg royals close to the Dutch royals?

christinacg 04-24-2006 09:16 PM

I LOVE that Maria Teresa is wearing that tiara! We havent seen it in awhile I dont think. I think she looks great in it.

suturegeisha 04-24-2006 10:49 PM

My two cents [clothing-wise]:
Maria Teresa and Maxima both looked wonderful in their day outfits! They are both such elegant ladies. I like Maxima more and more and more as time goes on! :-D
As far as the gala dinner, I agree that it would have been nice to see some different jewels on the Queen, but she looked great nonetheless. Her gown was amazing.
Maxima's gown was very nice, the color was great on her. I don't much care for strapless gowns, but meh. Also, the aquamarine parure looked kind of strange with the color of her gown- I would have went with something with amethysts in it myself....XD
The Grand Duchess' gown was gorgeous and she looked wonderful! However, I hate that tiara on her. Grand Duchess Charlotte looked great in it, Grand Duchess Josephine-Charlotte could just about pull it off with her regal bearing, but it is too large to suit Maria-Teresa IMO. Something a little smaller- like the Chaumet pearl tiara- would have looked better, I think.
Princess Margiet looked wonderful, like she always does....:-D

....I must say, I was really excited for this state visit. We've been so starved for tiaras for so long! XD

stellam 04-25-2006 12:46 AM

Do these Royal ladies have personal stylists? If not they should employ one soon. Maxima's balloon dress!!!!!! Marie Teresa looked lovely in her gala dinner outfit. The Queen looked as if her outfit was too heavy to wear.

Stellad

GlitteringTiaras 04-25-2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellad
Do these Royal ladies have personal stylists? If not they should employ one soon. Maxima's balloon dress!!!!!! Marie Teresa looked lovely in her gala dinner outfit. The Queen looked as if her outfit was too heavy to wear.

Stellad

I would imagine they do. Remember what you think is stylish may not be so for another.

mandyy 04-25-2006 01:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
1 more state banquet photo from Getty images

Stefan 04-25-2006 02:39 AM

Quote:

I wonder why the Queen doesn't sell most of her jewelry collection anyway as 2/3 of it is collecting dust in the vaults and the nicest pieces haven't been seen for ages. If she even let's herself be outshined by a 'mere' Grand Duchess (not only in tiara, also in neclace & brooch) she might want to sell them all, as it is of no use anyway. I wonder what thing she will hide in her hair during her state visit to Belgium, when Queen paola will be standing next to her with the diademe of the nine provinces she will probably wear the eternal floral motive tiara. Margriet might leave the tiara's at home as well as she always goes out of her ways to hide the tiara in her hair. What's the use of it then? Maybe they are afraid of burglars, hence the hiding.
I do not like the tiara Maxima is wearing either, but anything is better then her horrible barbie/ star diademe IMO.

And now I am at it: it would be nice if Laurentien and Constantijn started to join these occassions as well, especially when such close neighbours are visiting!

On a more positive note: chapeau for the Grand Duchess, I was hoping to see this tiara on her, and luckily she can wear it without the diademe becoming to overwhelming.

The dress of HM is in a class of its own, I rather like it, it is very Royal, a sort of costume. The Grand Duchess looks lovely in pink, Maxima's dress isn't anything to special, usually she wears more special things.

All the jewels of the Family where put in Foundation by Queen Juliana in the 70's so it can not be sold. There are other Foundations for Artwork and Historic Peaces. That is also the reason Máxima has worn so much different tiara since her marriage. She wore The Aquamarine Tiara, the Bais of the pearl Spike RTiara without the Pearls, the Stats Tiara (Basis of the Pearl-Button-Tiara with Starts placed where normally the Buttons are), the Emerald-Tiara with upright Pearl-Spikes, the Triangular-Motiv-Necklace-Tiara and the bandeau of diamonds.
To compare no of the other Crown Princess have worn more than to Tiaras since their marriages.