The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Queen Margrethe II (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f178/)
-   -   Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik's State Visit to Greece: May 24-26, 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f178/queen-margrethe-and-prince-henriks-state-visit-to-greece-may-24-26-2006-a-9069.html)

Margrethe II 05-25-2006 04:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wartenberg7
Despite the pretty photographs it is still a horrible appeal to me that
the royal couple is received by a republican president, instead of their
sister and brother-in-law!

Such is the world of political change.

Perhaps the media were not allowed at the Banquet, who knows...only time shall tell.

Apparently HM the Queen wore the Baden Palmette Tiara, as seen below.

Source: Getty Images
https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81...9/e1d66ca4.jpg


"MII"

mandyy 05-25-2006 05:02 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Queen of Denmark Margrethe observes a statue inside the Danish institute in Athens May 25, 2006.

#1-2: Polfoto
#3: Getty images

Sophus 05-25-2006 05:18 AM

Such an elegant lady - BUT: what is it about her teeth?... Can't she see how ugly and unappetizing they are?

princess olga 05-25-2006 05:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zonk1189
I wonder how King Constatine feels about this trip? Do we have any Greek members who can report on the publicity and the reception of the Greek hosts for Her Majesty and HRH?

And I love the blue..she looks great!

Was just thinking the same!! Looking at these wonderful pictures, I have to wonder what, privately, Margarethe is thinking of this visit: after all, her own sister used to be Queen of Greece! Ana Marie was in fact the last quee Greece ever had, and was of course unceremoniously kicked out with her spouse Constantine in the late sixties..

Sure that's a long time ago, but still..wonder how, privately, this visit was discussed with Constantine. But otoh, didn't Constantine's sister, Sophia queen of Spain, also officially visit Greece awhile back with king JC?

princess olga 05-25-2006 05:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Such is the world of political change.

Perhaps the media were not allowed at the Banquet, who knows...only time shall tell.

Apparently HM the Queen wore the Baden Palmette Tiara, as seen below.

Source: Getty Images
https://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a81...9/e1d66ca4.jpg


"MII"

Wow she looks just incredible! And the tiara, never seen it before, it looks like it's straight out of a fairy tale!

And as for her teeth...what I like about Margarethe is that she seems to be a "what you see is what you get" kindof woman. she is what and who she is and is unapologetic about it. Unlike some queens who are rumored to have had a nip and tuck here and there, Margarethe is accepting her age and seems not afraid to grow old naturally (pretty brave if you have to do that while being in the public eye).

Sophus 05-25-2006 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess olga
Wow she looks just incredible! And the tiara, never seen it before, it looks like it's straight out of a fairy tale!

And as for her teeth...what I like about Margarethe is that she seems to be a "what you see is what you get" kindof woman. she is what and who she is and is unapologetic about it. Unlike some queens who are rumored to have had a nip and tuck here and there, Margarethe is accepting her age and seems not afraid to grow old naturally (pretty brave if you have to do that while being in the public eye).

Well - I don't think accepting one's age and not remember to brush one's teeth is the same thing...

To me Her majesty is every inch an elegant, dignified and lovely woman and I'm very proud to be her subject. But - I think it's a shame that her teeth gets all the attention from her other qualities... That's all!

fanletizia 05-25-2006 08:25 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Queen Margrethe II, right, speaks with Greek Prime Minister Costas Caramanlis on Wednesday, May 25, 2006
and other images

from polfoto and anp

iannis 05-25-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanletizia
Greek President Carolos Papoulias (R) and Queen of Denmark Margarethe II (C) inspect the Greek Presidential guard during the official welcome ceremony in Athens 24 May 2006. The Danish royal couple arrived in Greece for a three-day official state visit

from getty

Light blue clothes for the visit to Greece? Oh, Your Majesty ;)!!

Margrethe II 05-25-2006 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess olga
Wow she looks just incredible! And the tiara, never seen it before, it looks like it's straight out of a fairy tale!

And as for her teeth...what I like about Margarethe is that she seems to be a "what you see is what you get" kindof woman. she is what and who she is and is unapologetic about it. Unlike some queens who are rumored to have had a nip and tuck here and there, Margarethe is accepting her age and seems not afraid to grow old naturally (pretty brave if you have to do that while being in the public eye).

I hope I have not misinformed you princess olga.

The above photohgraph is not from the Greek State Visit but from one of the Norwegian Royal Weddings, I believe. The aim of the photograph was to show the Baden Palmette Tiara for those who had not seen it before.

Unfortunately, still no pictures from the State Banquet :(

"MII"

norwegianne 05-25-2006 10:19 AM

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were originally scheduled to have an extended private visit to Greece, after the official state-visit. But:
Quote:

Margrethe is leaving early because of her knee.

The Queen's visit to Greece interrupted because of knee surgery.

Queen Margrethe is going home after the official visit to Greece, for surgery on her left knee.

"I am going home to get a new knee. It's about time that I'll get it fixed," said the Queen at a press conference.

"It also means that I'll cut drastically down on my duties iin June, and transfer them to Crown Prince Frederik and the Prince Consort."

The surgery will take place at Århus Municipal hospital, but it was not known on Thursday if the Queen will go directly from Greece to the hospital.

The official programme for the visit ends Friday, and after that, it was intended that the Queen and Prince Henrik were going to vacation together for a few days, at the royal yacht, Dannebrog. The Prince will do that alone, now.

"It would have been lovely, if we could have sailed together for five or six days," said Prince Henrik
From Politiken.dk, translated by me.

H.M. Margrethe 05-25-2006 10:49 AM

Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik were originally scheduled to have an extended private visit to Greece, after the official state-visit. But:
Quote:
Margrethe is leaving early because of her knee.

The Queen's visit to Greece interrupted because of knee surgery.

Queen Margrethe is going home after the official visit to Greece, for surgery on her left knee.

"I am going home to get a new knee. It's about time that I'll get it fixed," said the Queen at a press conference.

"It also means that I'll cut drastically down on my duties iin June, and transfer them to Crown Prince Frederik and the Prince Consort."

The surgery will take place at Århus Municipal hospital, but it was not known on Thursday if the Queen will go directly from Greece to the hospital.

The official programme for the visit ends Friday, and after that, it was intended that the Queen and Prince Henrik were going to vacation together for a few days, at the royal yacht, Dannebrog. The Prince will do that alone, now.

"It would have been lovely, if we could have sailed together for five or six days," said Prince Henrik

From Politiken.dk, translated by me.
__________________
Norwegianne

17. May - Norway's National Day. 2006-thread


Oh no my depest fear has come to be a reality....My queen are going to
be in surgery with her knee.. Thankfully it will bee taken care of the best doktor in Aarhus.

Australian 05-25-2006 10:49 AM

Thanks for that norwegianne, i hope her knee feels better soon. One of the worst things is to be in pain or sick while in a foreign country.

fanletizia 05-25-2006 11:32 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Athens, GREECE: Queen Margrethe II and Prince Consort Henrik of Denmark (L) give a press conference on the Danish Royal yacht Dannebrog 25 May 2006, in Athens.

from getty

Kelly 05-25-2006 12:18 PM

Wow! Thanks for those pictures. Queen Margarethe looks great for her age.

Juanita 05-25-2006 02:11 PM

The photos are beautiful!! But i hate that watermarks!! :mad:
Thanks, fanletizia! ;)

Her_Majesty 05-25-2006 02:25 PM

Great pictures! :)
The Queen looks fantastic!

Did the Queen recycle her Gala dress? It looked so well-known to me. :confused:

sara1981 05-25-2006 02:26 PM

im hope she will getting ready for surgery of her knee oh wow who will with her side CP Fred and Prince Joachim? and husband also

bbb 05-25-2006 02:28 PM

The official programme for the visit ends Friday, and after that, it was intended that the Queen and Prince Henrik were going to vacation together for a few days, at the royal yacht, Dannebrog. The Prince will do that alone,

"It would have been lovely, if we could have sailed together for five or six days," said Prince Henrik

does this mean he's not going to be with her for her surgery!!!!!

fraxales 05-25-2006 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
im hope she will getting ready for surgery of her knee oh wow who will with her side CP Fred and Prince Joachim? and husband also

Well, if post no. 44 is to be believed her husband would prefer to sail, rather than be by her side. Not that I blame him...sailing around the Greek isles in THAT yacht...I'd ditch anybody! :rolleyes: I'm sure he has confidence in the surgeons back home.

princess gertrude 05-25-2006 08:29 PM

I have always admired the Queen's - "like me as I am" type of attitude. That is inner strength and I think that she has that in an abundance. I absolutle love the way she has grace and can still laugh at the same time. I hate to say this but Mary has "HUGE" shoes to fill and still many things that she can learn from her mother-in-law.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises