The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Brunei (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f71/)
-   -   HRH Princess Azrinaz current events 1: March 2006- (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f71/hrh-princess-azrinaz-current-events-1-march-2006-a-8990.html)

Iman 03-01-2006 04:05 PM

HRH Princess Azrinaz current events 1: March 2006-

Please put the news and the pictures about " Princess" Azrinaz.

Mandy 03-02-2006 01:35 PM

Welcome to part 1 of YTM Azrinaz Mazhar's current events where you may post current news, articles and pictures.

Please review the TRF Posting
Rules & Guidelines before posting. Violation of the posting rules and guidelines may lead to suspension or being banned.

Happy posting!

Qamarina 03-23-2006 12:15 PM

YTM Azrinaz is so pretty and elegant! She got a natural beauty :-)

jello 03-25-2006 10:36 PM

She already married the Sultan of Brunei, why she did not wear a proper Tudong like everyone in the Royal family. As every muslim ladies in Brunei they wear the neat and proper wear of Tudong. The way she wearing a Tudong still like malay girls in Malaysia. But she is the Sultan Wife now, she should follow and respect the Country.

Saba 03-26-2006 04:58 AM

Some female royal family members do not wear any type pf head covering at all. I have only ever seen Dayang Hajah Faizah, 4th wife of Sufri Bolkiah, Sultan’s brother, pictured bareheaded.
At the wedding of the Crown Prince and Sarah there were several family members bareheaded including the Sultan’s sister. The fact the Azrinaz wears a different type of head covering seems to be fine with her husband and she looks very nice and modern in her choices.

jello 03-26-2006 08:30 PM

She already using the Royal title YTM , i think she should wear. For Dayang Hajah Faizah her title is Datin. Both of their position is totally different to represent the country. :) Of course her head covering is nice then the neat tudong and more modern.

Qamarina 03-27-2006 01:25 PM

Well said Saba!. Regardless of status, to me, headcovering is not an obligation but rather a personal choice of the woman. It is sufficient for the woman to dress modestly according to her own opinion of what modesty entails. Whether a woman wears a scarf or a full hijab is a matter of individual liberty. That's just my humble opinion. In reality, Queen Saleha looks exquisite in her headscarf and so does YTM Azrinaz in her own style.

Humera 03-29-2006 03:47 PM

I posted some latest pics of Azrinaz and other members of the royal family in this thread:
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...d=1#post410806

she definately looks pregnant in the Malaysian fashion show pics.

Zina 03-29-2006 11:14 PM

Azrinaz wears the headscarf in the Malaysian fashion of wearing it as she has no official position, currently. I predict when she gets a royal title (HM will give her one on his 60th Birthday in July) - he will raise Azrinaz's status and she will have to begin to cover her head as in the style of HM's First Wife and Sarah. The ex 2nd wife had to cover up - and Azrinaz will have to follow the rules like everyone else when she receives her elevated status.

mimimalil 03-30-2006 11:30 AM

How do u know the Sultan will give her a title?

Humera 04-01-2006 02:18 PM

I think it makes sense. I expected Azrinaz to get a title after she had a baby.
The Sultan's birthday is just over 3 months from now. I wonder if she'll have given birth by then?

lotus 04-08-2006 02:29 PM

What is "YTM" mean? I have no idea about it.....

nia01 04-16-2006 02:24 PM

'YTM'= Yang Teramat Mulia

Joumana 04-17-2006 06:31 AM

Azrinaz is glamourous

lotus 04-17-2006 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nia01
'YTM'= Yang Teramat Mulia

Thanks for your answer, but what is "Yang Teramat Mulia" mean in English?

Sorry, My mother language is not English, I check the dictionary about "Yang Teramat Mulia", I can't find the explanation...:confused:

Joumana 04-18-2006 04:51 AM

My mother language is also not English but I think that "Yang Teramat Mulia" means " Her Royal Highness ":o

Zina 04-18-2006 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joumana
My mother language is also not English but I think that "Yang Teramat Mulia" means " Her Royal Highness ":o

It's not Her Royal Highness - She is not that highly classified yet.

YTM is usually used by the children of a reigning Sultan.

Zina 04-18-2006 05:33 AM

Well at least no one can accuse the Queen of looking ordinary. She's laden with jewels and fabulous silks. Azrinaz has youth on her side, but she's no glamour queen. She dresses plain and uses plain makeup, in my opinion, anyway. Even Princess Sarah, with her simple style, appears more glamourous , to me, than Azrinaz. Azrinaz hasn't got the "Star Quality" or stunning looks that all the other Royals have. She's the odd one out. It's as if she doesn't really belong to the family.

jello 04-20-2006 11:03 PM

I agreed with you zina, she totally don't have the look of classic. As the first wife wearing alot of dimonds that is the diamond badges, to show her position and title, which some people thought she wearing over too much diamond. I am the citizen of Brunei Darussalam, as i know that Azrinaz's house in Kuala Lumpur the car garage just like a car show room, over 20 cars, that is the gift from the Sultan. I don't believe if Azrinaz don't have alot of jewels received from the Sultan. She only 26 but she look older then her age, even she is younger then the Sultan's daughter and son.

spoiltbrat99 04-29-2006 07:48 AM

The Queen did not always wear her 'diamond badges' did she? She only need to wear it for an official function that require her to wear full royal regalia. Is'nt it? I think the way Azrinaz dress up is more likely to the style of the Malaysia royalty. The Bruneian loves wearing massive amount of jewellery at the same time with dress that is heavily embroderied and pattern and on top of it with floral scarf. This will make any woman under dress. That is my personal opinion.

gal83 05-04-2006 12:17 AM

hrm..for dk sarah she wears the formal tudung only when in state affairs etc. For azrinaz i think she is still more used to the Malaysian ways of wearing the tudung. Wearing the tudung is more of the readiness of the person. not by force or order.. ;)

lotus 05-09-2006 01:39 PM

Er....Now, YTM Azrinaz Mazhar is Sultan's second wife,but how about Sultan's ex- second wife? Does anybody know the reason of their divorce?

mimimalil 05-09-2006 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus
Er....Now, YTM Azrinaz Mazhar is Sultan's second wife,but how about Sultan's ex- second wife? Does anybody know the reason of their divorce?

Well whatever rumor circulated years back (during the divorce period) I believe, the marriage just fell apart. No matter how royal they are, they are still human beings, subject to feelings, hurt, making mistakes etc etc. I think there's no point to dwell on why they got divorced. They did and that's it.

mimimalil 05-27-2006 06:47 AM

Yup! She's definitely having a baby!! Congratulation...From the looks of it she could be in her 6th or 7th month, unless her tummy is small...

jello 05-31-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

I think she is 8 months pregnant now. Thansk GOD she don't dressed as the women in Brunei with a lot of flowers like a garden. I find her glamourous. She became beautiful by the day. I think that the baby is a boy. There is something changed on her face.

Is not such a good thing you said, You are talking all the woman in Brunei. You are saying all the Brunei's ladies got problem in dress up, have you been in brunei before?,so u mean she is the one and only good taste in Brunei Darussalam.:confused:

Hanymph 05-31-2006 10:30 PM

got news from some bruniens sayig that YTM Azrinaz have given birth to a baby boy today...

alfie 06-01-2006 01:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hanymph
got news from some bruniens sayig that YTM Azrinaz have given birth to a baby boy today...

Yes! she has given birth to a new baby boy at 2.40am, 1st June

bigheadshirmp 06-01-2006 10:12 PM

congrats!!!!

but giving birth to the baby so soon?? is he a premature baby?

Humera 06-02-2006 05:13 AM

wow, this was unexpected!
I was just looking over pictures of her from a few days ago and she didnt look that big (I will post the pics later)
I assumed she had atleast 2 more months to go.
Cant wait to see pictures of the baby.

mandyy 06-02-2006 05:51 AM

Baby Prince For Brunei Sultan
..............Azrinaz, a former TV3 reporter, delivered the baby at 12.43am yesterday.........A 21-gun salute was fired at the compound of Istana Nurul Iman, according to the report carried by the Brunei government website.......... the Sultan now has five sons and six daughters.
https://www.bernama.com/bernama/v3/news.php?id=201333

MoonlightRhapsody 06-02-2006 11:59 AM

I don't think the baby is premature. I think they just never announced she was pregnant. All of us were just speculating from her pictures that she looked pregnant but I don't think there was any official announcement until she gave birth.

Humera 06-03-2006 02:32 PM

Birth of a prince
By command of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, YAM Pengiran Penggawa Laila Bentara Istiadat Diraja Dalam Istana Pengiran Hj Alauddin bin Pengiran Paduka Tuan Pengiran Hj Abu Bakar, Grand Chamberlain, announced that YTM Azrinaz Mazhar binti Hakim Mazhar has safely given birth to a prince on Thursday, 4th Jamadilawal, 1427 Hijrah corresponding to June 1, 2006 at 12.43am. In conjunction with the birth, a 21-cannon salute was fired at the vicinity of the Istana Nurul Iman.https://www.brunei-online.com/bb/fri/jun2h4.htm

jello 06-04-2006 05:13 AM

probably because of the money. Before, she got a family in Malaysia and got a husband without any economic problem why she go for another man. By the way, her ex is rich, but he is not as rich as the Sultan of Brunei (Oil king).Hey the Currency note in Brunei is the face of her husband now,who else can do this. I don't believe because of love she married to the Sultan of Brunei. she is 26 and the sultan 60 is coming. The exchange rate of Brunei $100 to Malaysia $229. So will she give up her family in malaysian and chose a grandfather, think about that.

fanletizia 06-05-2006 07:47 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Four-day-old Abdul Wakeel, the prince of Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah and his second wife Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim, is presented to photographers at the Istana Nurul Iman in Bandar Seri Begawan June 5, 2006. Abdul Wakeel was born June 1, 2006

from yahoo/reuters

Joumana 06-05-2006 08:08 AM

Thanks fanletizia.
The baby looks very much like his father.:)

Princess Robijn 06-05-2006 09:26 AM

What is his title/style?? (of Abdul Wakeel)

liyana 06-05-2006 10:06 AM

Prolly the title will be Pengiran Muda. Same as his four half-brothers' titles. I mean, even tho' the mother's a foreigner, he's still the Sultan's son, right??:p

Princess Robijn 06-05-2006 01:33 PM

does the new baby have style of Royal Highness??

Saba 06-06-2006 05:44 AM

Baby Abdul, so cute

Quote:

Originally Posted by fanletizia
Four-day-old Abdul Wakeel, the prince of Brunei's Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah and his second wife Azrinaz Mazhar Hakim, is presented to photographers at the Istana Nurul Iman in Bandar Seri Begawan June 5, 2006. Abdul Wakeel was born June 1, 2006

from yahoo/reuters

Thanks for the baby pics, he has such distinct features to be only four days old. The Sultan and Azrinaz are most surely beaming with pride, that is one cute baby :) , I am happy for them.

Humera 06-06-2006 06:52 AM

More pictures of the new prince. (Infofoto)
https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...0606064531.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...0606064531.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...0606064530.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...0606064530.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...0606064531.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...0606064531.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...0606064531.jpg

can anyone explain what that is around the baby's neck? I think I saw something similar in the pictures of Princess Rashidah's son. Are they Quranic verses?

Humera 06-06-2006 07:13 AM

Sultan names new prince
By command of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, Grand Chamberlain YAM Pengiran Penggawa Laila Bentara Istiadat Diraja Dalam Istana Pengiran Hj Alauddin bin Pengiran Paduka Tuan Pengiran Hj Abu Bakar has announced that His Majesty has with great pleasure named his newborn son, Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Duli Pengiran Muda 'Abdul Wakeel ibni Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Muizzaddin Waddaulah.

In a statement from Istana Nurul Iman, His Majesty and YTM Azrinaz Mazhar binti Hakim Mazhar as well as other members of the royal family thanked everyone who were involved during the birth of the prince and also to those who have sent congratulatory messages.
https://www.brunei-online.com/bb/tue/jun6h2.htm

Joumana 06-06-2006 05:04 PM

Congratulations to the Sultan and to Azrinaz.

I think that what is around the baby's neck are Quranic verses against "the bad eye and the bad spirit".

But why we can't see the hand of the baby? Is this a tradition in Brunei?

The baby has the same face as his father. I see that he doesn't have a baby face like the other newborn babys. He has a mature face.

MoonlightRhapsody 06-06-2006 06:11 PM

Quote:

But why we can't see the hand of the baby? Is this a tradition in Brunei?

I don't think so. We put mittens on the baby to keep them from scratching themselves accidentally. Newborns have pretty fast growing nails that you have to keep trimmed, and the mittens help prevent any accidental scratches and poking of the eyes.

PreDoc 06-06-2006 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
named his newborn son, Yang Teramat Mulia Paduka Seri Duli Pengiran Muda 'Abdul Wakeel ibni Kebawah Duli Yang Maha Mulia Paduka Seri Baginda Sultan ...

How interesting ... so am I understanding correctly that Sultan is both a name and a title?

Flower0007 06-06-2006 10:32 PM

Hai Joumana, the Quranic verses against "the bad eye and the bad spirit" around the baby's neck ... is there any significance to the wearer .. in this case .... the baby ..

julial 06-07-2006 01:39 AM

my question is; why her?

To me, she looks rather ordinary. I have seen many beautiful women in the region, yet she was chosen by a man who probably had seen all the women in the world! She is even married several times (according to RF)...
so she is a TV reporter...she is probably good at asking questions and making conversation alive due to her profession. What is her family background? Anyone knows? :confused:

Flower0007 06-08-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by julial
Thank you. Flower0007 :) : ) I remember seeing the pic of the divorced wife... she was also quite pretty and feminine...she seems happy being single in London, though.

Yes, the divorced second wife is the ex-KDYMM Raja Isteri Hajjah Mariam .. and currently residing in London .. she was an ex-stewardess ... fair complexion and a pretty face .. :)

mwrgSanJose 06-09-2006 02:27 AM

Latest news, Azrinaz Mazhar has safely given birth to a son on Thursday, 4th Jamadilawal, 1427 Hijrah corresponding to June 1, 2006 at 12.43am. His name is Abdul Wakeel.

I have some pictures but the file size limitations are too prohibitive for me to upload them. Sorry. :confused:

mwrgSanJose 06-09-2006 02:31 AM

Quote:

More pictures of the new prince. Can anyone explain what that is around the baby's neck? I think I saw something similar in the pictures of Princess Rashidah's son. Are they Quranic verses?

Yes, it's a template of Quranic verses, in Malay we called 'Azimat'.

royaltyfan 06-09-2006 11:00 PM

I wonder what happened to the ex-second wife?Anyone knows?

Humera 06-10-2006 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by royaltyfan
I wonder what happened to the ex-second wife?Anyone knows?

She is single and lives in London. Her children spend most of their time with her. I saw a picture of her a while back and she looked very good. No doubt she feels liberated after the divorce, not to mention extremely wealthy.

Humera 06-10-2006 09:27 AM

1 Attachment(s)
His Majesty confers royal title

The following statement was issued last night by the Office of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam:
By command of His Majesty Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam, the Chairman of the Council of Mesyuarat Adat Istiadat of Brunei Darussalam, hereby announces to all subjects and residents of Brunei Darussalam that with effect from today, Friday 12th of Jamadilawal, 1427 corrresponding to June 9, 2006, His Majesty is pleased to confer His Majesty's wife, Yang Teramat Mulia Azrinaz Mazhar binti Hakim Mazhar with the title "Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar".

https://www.brunei-online.com/weekend/news/jun10h2.htm

Humera 06-10-2006 09:31 AM

So this finally makes Azrinaz a princess? I guess its time to change the name of this thread :D

lotus 06-10-2006 01:22 PM

Quote:

She is single and lives in London. Her children spend most of their time with her. I saw a picture of her a while back and she looked very good. No doubt she feels liberated after the divorce, not to mention extremely wealthy.

I would like to know how many children does she have?:confused:

lotus 06-10-2006 01:34 PM

Quote:

So this finally makes Azrinaz a princess? I guess its time to change the name of this thread :D

:D Well, I agree this....

But I'm curious... if Azrinaz gave birth to a girl, does she stiil get the title of "Princess" ? :cool:

Joumana 06-10-2006 03:08 PM

I wonder if she will be "Queen Azrinaz" in the futur like "Queen Saliha" because she is also the wife of the King.

Maybe she will be a queen if she has her second baby boy ;-).

But seriously guys ! I see NOW that she has another style of dressing. "Hijab" We can't see her hair anymore . Is here any relationship between her titel and the covering of her hair???

Humera 06-10-2006 04:11 PM

Quote:

I wonder if she will be "Queen Azrinaz" in the futur like "Queen Saliha" because she is also the wife of the King.

Maybe she will be a queen if she has her second baby boy ;-).

No she won't be queen. The Sultan's ex-second wife was only given the title of princess even after 20 years of marriage and two sons and two daughters. The title of Queen will remain reserved for the Sultan's first wife.

Quote:

But seriously guys ! I see NOW that she has another style of dressing. "Hijab" We can't see her hair anymore . Is here any relationship between her titel and the covering of her hair???
Yes you're right! I noticed it right away too. Now that she's officially a member of the royal house, she has to cover her head just like the Queen, Crown Princess and other senior ladies of the family do. And I might add this was predicted by Zina a while back.

Humera 06-10-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lotus
I would like to know how many children does she have?:confused:

She has four children. Two sons and two daughters.

tlklhm 06-11-2006 08:06 AM

Hope to see some official portrait with tiara and Order without covering of head. btw, I have a book which show the official portrait of Queen Saleha and ex-2nd wife, Mariam with tiara and Orders and, best of all, no covering of their head. The latter is beautiful and sweet...think she's about late 20s to early 30s. The Queen didn't aged much though..can't see the diff now and then.

spoiltbrat99 06-11-2006 10:49 PM

Azrinaz used to live in the same suburb as me when I was still living in Malaysia. But if I've seen her previously I would not even recognise or glance at her because she looks exactly like a normal malay girl there. :eek:

ps. Hi flower007, you are here too. I'm mallan.

gal83 06-13-2006 03:55 AM

well..congrats i must say the newborn..

tlklhm 06-14-2006 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigheadshirmp
can you kindly scan the pic and post it here? i would love to see that pic!! many thankz!:D

Here's the pic of the ex-2nd wife, Mariam

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ait-Mariam.jpg

The pic is from the following book:

Title : By God’s Will: a portrait of the Sultan of Brunei / by Lord Chalfont
Author : Chalfont, Arthur Gwynne Jones, Baron, 1919 –
Publisher : London : Weidenfeld & Nicolson, c1989

hani9791 06-25-2006 07:34 PM

i just like to say...that i knew azrinaz since high school. and she sat next to me for the whole year in form 3 (equals to year 10 in aussie). we hang out with the same circle of friends. so....gals...i have heaps of things to say to everyone here! u bet i do!

Qamarina 06-27-2006 12:15 PM

I found some pictures of Azrinaz at this Blog. A few of them are her old pictures but I am almost sure that the ones with the pink hijab must be her latest pictures.

https://mckk8286.com/azrinaz

pixelle 06-27-2006 04:54 PM

Hi All,

I have been coming to this site on and off to view the photos of The Brunei family. Havent been in here for ages.I am now kinda horrified at reading some of the things that has been said about Azrinaz.

I seriously do not understand how anyone could write such awful lies about her.I mean she is one lucky girl, to have been born fated and destined at birth to marry one of the richest man in the world.Even tho I do not know her personally, I AM HAPPY for her.Sure, the Sultan is old, but he is still a good looking man and certainly very able to have a young wife. And TRUE LOVE does and can exist between a young woman and an older man as long as he can care for her.The only reason for some of the people here to comment things like her "hitting the jackpot" stems only from jealousy!

Worst still, to even say she has had previous marriages, and also a son! She was single before she married the Sultan.And as a young woman, i'm sure she has had her suitors but never husbands.Rumours have said she was romantically linked to Khairy but then it could also be concluded from one date! Don't believe everything you hear..

I am fortunate enough to know Azrinaz 's only older brother.And he is 30 years old. So, be rest assured she is still in her 20s.And for your information this newborn prince is his ONLY nephew.

To me Azrinaz is pretty in her own way, and she does know how to carry herself.She has groomed herself well, probably learnt how to when she was working for the TV station.Arent they (tv presenters)all groomed well for the tv shows?Furthermore, It is possible for her to look better when she is now happily married to the one of the richest Sultan. She glows from within!

It really is sad to hear people passing rumours of her nose job. I seriously doubt a pregnant woman would put herself under a surgeons knives to make herself look better when she is already securedly married to the sultan. Believe that TRUE LOVE can transform one to being beautiful..

hani9791 06-28-2006 12:24 AM

pixelle ur right. i know that we lost our contact (me and azrinaz) but i think she has always been the same person like she was 10 years ago. i do not agree that she was married before and had a child with that person. anyway, in subang jaya word spreads.....if she was married, i tell u....we would know alright!! but as far as myself and other ppl in subang knows....she wasnt attached to anyone. just to clarify that. anyhow...what can u do about it if a royalty proposed to u? cant do much can u? furthermore the sultan is good looking....age is only a number. right? and i have relatives in brunei who knows the internal affairs about the sultan...so dont spread gossips....u'll do more sin. but who am i to judge good or bad ay? well.....laterz..

Dang Ayah 06-28-2006 06:03 AM

I believe YTM Azrinaz was conferred the Pengiran Isteri title already, yea? Hahaha I'm not sure cos I was away from home for 9 months! Just got back yay!

i_s_s_a 06-30-2006 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hani9791
i just like to say...that i knew azrinaz since high school. and she sat next to me for the whole year in form 3 (equals to year 10 in aussie). we hang out with the same circle of friends. so....gals...i have heaps of things to say to everyone here! u bet i do!

cool! at least there's someone now who knows azrinaz personally so that we wouldn't rely on rumors anymore...

how was azrinaz like when you were in form 3. was she the friendly type of person and was she popular back then?

Leoparda 07-04-2006 10:59 AM

What exactly is this confinement period? is it a tradition after giving birth? how long does it last? Is it compulsory?

BOLK 07-04-2006 09:05 PM

Normally malay family have this "confinement" period from the day of birth and lasted for abot 40 and to some 44 days. The mother is forbid to a certain food or actions like lifting heavily thing and walking fast (don't ask me why, I myself cannot rationalised this, although old folks believe it's not good for the uterus as it's in "sickly condition") The woman (new mother) also will wrap themselves, sometimes accompanied with certain application of herbs (in addition to oral herbs), wrapping around her abdomen (this is mainly to get back her figure and to tone up abdominal muscle. Confinement often accompanied with traditional massage.

I think a miss a bit more of "confinement period", but this is basically what it means. Hope you get the idea.

purple_princess 07-05-2006 09:12 AM

i think confinement not only applies to muslim women who just gave birth, but to most (if not all) women. tho the rituals may not be the same, all women need to have that confinement period to rest from giving birth and most important of all, spend precious time with the new baby :)
most babies have a "confinement period" as well, because they are very prone to disease so are given a few days to stay at home

hani9791 07-10-2006 09:23 PM

cool! at least there's someone now who knows azrinaz personally so that we wouldn't rely on rumors anymore...

how was azrinaz like when you were in form 3. was she the friendly type of person and was she popular back then?

hi issa so sorry i havent replied ur msg. anyway...she was an average person. wasnt that popular at high school but tried seeking the seniors attention. friendly?? hmm she was alright but she always had this snobby look on her face. but she's a nice person though. does that answers ur question?

Humera 07-13-2006 02:32 PM

an article from a few days ago...

Istiadat Bersiram at Istana

Thanksgiving prayers for the "Istiadat Bersiram" of Her Royal Highness Pengiran Isteri Azrinaz Mazhar on the occasion of the birth of His Majesty's son, His Royal Highness Pengiran Muda 'Abdul Wakeel, were held yesterday afternoon at the Istana Nurul Iman's Surau.
. . .
It is an event to honour, announce and welcome the newest member of the royal family. Borneo Bulletin

HRHAmy 07-18-2006 08:07 PM

Did the Sultan and Princess Asrinaz have a formal wedding? Was it covered by the press?

pixelle 07-19-2006 02:19 PM

Cukur Jambol

2 Attachment(s)
Greetings..

Got these photos thru mail.Thought i'd share these with this forum.
I think these were taken during a ceremony called "Cukur Jambol" (a malay custom to snip off a little bit of hair)for the latest prince. It is usually held at the end of the confinement period.Normally, this ceremony iincludes reading some religious rites known as barzanji or marhaban, praising of our prophet.

The Prince looks gorgeous, doesnt he?

Photos below are from www.bruneiresources.com

Emily 07-19-2006 02:43 PM

What a precious looking little fellow! I am curious that the Queen takes part in this also -- can anyone comment on the relationship between the wives? Is it expected that the Sultan will have several wives and therefore no jealousy - are they all family and care for one another's children -- do they live in the same complex/different complexes? Does anyone have insights here?

pixelle 07-19-2006 03:25 PM

I think the Brunei Royal family is a close knit one.After all, if we look at Queen's Saleha's photos of her smiling at Azrinaz, you see her smile as genuine.I would assume the Queen would look upon Azrinaz as a younger sister.She probably also help guide her .I shouldnt think jealousy exist since the Sultan is fair and treats both wives equally. Moreover the Queen has experienced having the former second wife around for years.

I was told that when Azrinaz was in hospital during delivery, most of the members of the royal family were there. The Sultan and also Queen Saleha was in the delivery room. :-)

mhcampboy 07-19-2006 04:22 PM

The Queen is very noble. I applaud her sincerity.

BOLK 07-19-2006 11:32 PM

I must say, there's no word fit to praise Q Saleha. a woman is a woman, although the husband is equal, but still, sharing him ?/?, The is soo compose, and don't mind taking part in it, love her.
Such a nice picture, never been published. good job

altagrace 07-20-2006 03:34 AM

Great pictures! This baby is obviously surrounded with love and care.

Leah_Holman 07-20-2006 08:41 AM

He certainly is one beautiful baby. Its nice to hear the Queen is nice to the Sultan's 2nd wife, otherwise it would be difficult I would imagine. I take my hat off to her because I don't think I could share.

micas 07-20-2006 02:28 PM

She is a wonderful lady... some one now when can i find a biografi of her?

Zina 07-20-2006 09:28 PM

I was told that the royals had no choice but to be there.

Zina 07-20-2006 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy
Did the Sultan and Princess Asrinaz have a formal wedding? Was it covered by the press?

No. They had a low key gathering for their wedding in Malaysia, the bride's home country. It wasn't covered by either countries' press, only reported afterwards by the Malaysian press and no photos of the wedding became public.

It was incomplete wedding as they didn't even have the "Bersanding" - which is the major showcase part where bride and groom are blessed by family and friends. They only had a "vow" or "Nikah" ceremony.

zsl0001 07-21-2006 11:16 AM

a great title

pixelle 07-22-2006 04:50 PM

The wedding was actually held in Brunei's Palace in Kuala Lumpur, along the Embassy Row in Malaysia .Neither countries press attended because none were invited.Only close friends and relatives of the bride were invited. Infact, it was such a hush hush wedding that nobody knew until it was reported in Malaysia's newpapers the next day.(Most probably leaked by one of the guests) As to why there were no photographs was because all the guests were sworn to secrecy and no cameras nor handphones were allowed in.

A muslim marriage is essentially the "Akad Nikah", the vows, if you will. "Bersanding" is just a custom. One can be married only with the akad nikah even without the Bersanding but one is not married if it was the other way around.

Why the Sultan held a low key wedding is most probably out of respect for Queen Saleha and the rest of the family.After all it is not his first wedding. And since "Bersanding" is akin to "sitting on the throne", im pretty sure the Sultan feels Azrinaz could forego that on her wedding day as she will and is sitting on the throne with him and the Queen until today. :D

pixelle 07-22-2006 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zina
I was told that the royals had no choice but to be there.

Zina, i hope you're not suggesting that the Queen is faking it. To me , she is the epitome of a true muslim wife, who carries herself well in public, abide by dressing the muslim way , and accepts her husband's right to have a second wife. After all, Azrinaz is not the first of second wives.

You are probably right when you say the rest of the royals were there not by choice. But neither were they forced, im sure. It is more probably because they want to be in the Sultan's good books. Hence they show their faces.

Morever, it is a normal practice that an entourage of people always follow the Sultan wherever he goes.. and that day was no exception.

From your previous postings that i have read, you seem adamant to put Azrinaz in a bad light
Please do your maths, she married in August 2005 and delivered in the Prince in June.

People may criticise Azrinaz, maybe because some feels she isnt royal enough, classy/pretty/glamorous enough, or 'Bruneian' enough to marry the Sultan.But the Sultan HAS married her. If you think about it, the Sultan neednt even marry her, he can after all afford to keep her as a girlfriend BUT the fact is, he saw her good enough to be his wife, to be the mother of his child..the second woman to sit on his throne. Imagine, of all the beautiful available women out there.., he CHOOSE her. Shouldnt that say something?

Zina 07-22-2006 10:31 PM

It says a lot, but to write it here would reflect badly on HM, so I won't. I'm not being rude, it's how most people in the country view the 2nd wife, not my own exclusive opinion.

"Faking it" is too strong a word. "Keeping up appearances" is very important in any Royal Family, and Raja Isteri and her children are doing an admirable job.

Zina 07-22-2006 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pixelle

Why the Sultan held a low key wedding is most probably out of respect for Queen Saleha and the rest of the family.After all it is not his first wedding. And since "Bersanding" is akin to "sitting on the throne", im pretty sure the Sultan feels Azrinaz could forego that on her wedding day as she will and is sitting on the throne with him and the Queen until today. :D

I'm sorry but let's stick to facts. If HM had shown the proper respect to his 1st wife, he would have followed Muslim custom and obtained her permission to take a 2nd wife.

Since we know what happened, and without repeating history here, your whole theory of having a low key ceremony so as not to upset his wife goes out the window. Although your colouring up versions of events sounds nicer.

jello 07-24-2006 04:00 AM

In every single single shop in Brunei have to hang the Sultan and the Queen pictures on the wall, few years ago 3 pictures was hanging is Sultan, Queen Saleha, and Hajar Mariam. After the Sultan annouced the bad news divorced with Hj Mariam, her pictures has to take down. Now the Sultan married again i think for sure few month later another picture have to hang up in every shop, office and public. Hang up and take it down...what a shame. I wish the Sultan hurry to pass his throne to Prince Billar, the picture change for hanging in public will be a celebration for the new throne for Prince Billar and Sarah. If hanging for another new wife for Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah i think is weird and such foolish thing to people in Brunei hang up and took down and hang up another one again...woooooo...

pixelle 07-24-2006 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zina
I'm sorry but let's stick to facts. If HM had shown the proper respect to his 1st wife, he would have followed Muslim custom and obtained her permission to take a 2nd wife.

Since we know what happened, and without repeating history here, your whole theory of having a low key ceremony so as not to upset his wife goes out the window. Although your colouring up versions of events sounds nicer.

My dear Zina,

The fact is, in Islam a man can have up to 4 wives. He neednt get permission from his wife. As long as he treats his wives equally, then in the eyes of Allah , he would not have commited any sin. Only certain Islamic countries make that its land law ie. The needs to get permission from his 1st wife so as to deter men who abuse this right. In other words, marry only when you can afford, who better but the first wife should know if her husband can afford financially or physically his extra wife. In Brunei Sultan’s case, he is the head of state, he knows he can afford both. He need not obtain the Queen’s permission.

As I can safely assume, us here in this forum are merely repeating “hear says”. Meaning we are talking from what we have heard from people who claims to know, who are “close” to the royal family but not the Queen or Sultan themselves. (God forbid if they knew this forum is discussing their private lives!)Hear says can also be distorted. What im trying to get at is, how do we know that the Sultan didn’t tell Queen Saleha of his intended marriage when they were both alone? She may have kept that secret to herself and left it to the Sultan to break the news to his people and country, his way, his time. (Infact it was also possible she could have prayed and hope it wouldn’t happen) Seriously, I am not trying to colour any event nor am i trying to coerce anyone else thinking my way. Since this is a forum, I am merely giving my opinion on its other possiblilities., merely complimenting (balancing) your quite negative views ...

Most Sultans in Malaysia that has 2 wives never marry their second wives in grand weddings. Even normal men don’t. And it is out of RESPECT for the first wife. (By all means marry but don’t flaunt the event). It is just not done.

Im curious did Mariam have a grand wedding with bersanding when she married the Sultan?

nooj 07-25-2006 10:00 AM

hi. I'm new to this forum and would like to know how many hours is brunei exactly ahead of turkey, cause when I put on my comp every 1 is off.I know that Aust. is 8 hrs. ahead of turkey.I am also originally from S Africa and just moved 2 Turk about 15 months ago.I would also like 2 say that I was a fan of the Brunei royal fam. since the 80's & would like 2 know alot more about them.I know that the sultan was married 2 an airhostess.would like 2 know what her name was,I forgot.Anybody remember?Thanx

To Pixelle.Read what u explaned 2 Zina about having 2 or more wives in Islam.I would like 2 explain 2 u that u r a little wrong.I am not only an Eng teacher but also an Islamic Madrassah teacher.A man has 2 ask his 1st wife for permission 2 take a 2nd wife.If she refuses he may not take a 2nd.She can also agree but the reason should be a valid 1,ie. either the 1st wife cannot have any kids, she is cripple, blind,etc,physically or mentally unfit 2 carry out the duties of a wife,then he may marry again.He can also marry a woman if he fears that she would commit 2 adultery if she is a widow as the men did in the time of our beloved prophets when their husbands went 2 Islamic battles & left them (the wives) widows.So, even if u r a king or sultan and u r a muslim u have 2 ask yur 1st wife for permission 2 marry again.There is a saying that goes, (by having more than 1 wife is the quickest way 2 hell),cause even if u r the richest person alive on earth, u can never ever treat them equal.

jello 07-25-2006 10:48 AM

Before HM marry with the 2nd wife Hajar Mariam, Brunei is only allow to have one wife, more then one wife is not approved by the muslim in Brunei. At that time HM fight with his father to marry with Hajar Mariam and a title for her. At that moment it was a disaster for Queen saleha (at last they both become very cross to each other). After that, HM legal for every muslim man allow to have 4 wives. This muslim's law is made by Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah to have 4 wives. Azrinaz before she marry to the sultan, she already divorce twice, if follow the Royal brunei law this is not allow, but the sultan has his own way never care Queen saleha's face and bad influence for the people of brunei. But one thing is good Brunei has no tax....:D everyone happy and no worry

Humera 07-25-2006 01:45 PM

Can we please stick to the topic at hand? ie: Princess Azrinaz's current events. Lets not get into a religious debate or discussions about other members of the Brunei royal family.

Thank You

~*~Humera~*~
Royal Family of Brunei Moderator

purple_princess 07-28-2006 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nooj
hi. I'm new to this forum and would like to know how many hours is brunei exactly ahead of turkey, cause when I put on my comp every 1 is off.I know that Aust. is 8 hrs. ahead of turkey.

im from brunei, living in australia. so if ozzie is ahead 8 hrs, brunei shud be ahead of turkey 6 hrs because australia (well brisbane), is 2 hrs ahead of brunei. does tht make sense?

nooj 07-30-2006 09:40 AM

yes thanx PP it does make sensecause sydney is about 8 hrs from here,cause my sister phs. me often from there. thanx again,now I know brunei's time too

Hİ GUYS just seen the most adorable pics of azrinaz's cute little bundle of joy.He looks soooo sweet on his prayer meeting day.

Joumana 11-27-2006 01:26 PM

Beautiful pictures of Azrinaz . She looks like a Bride.
https://pg.squids.images.focus.de/img...en_r_385xA.jpg

https://www.mediaindo.co.id/data/aktual/73421.jpg

and with the sultan
https://www.postimees.ee/230805/gfx/1...9e17b3117a.jpg

Humera 11-27-2006 02:23 PM

Please note that since Princess Azrinaz does not perform solo royal duties, you will not always find information on her latest public appearances in this thread. Right now the Royal Family of Brunei and the Queen Saleha threads have links to her latest pictures from events she has attended with other members of the royal family.

carlota 12-16-2006 10:37 AM

princess azrinaz is certainly lovely. i find her really pretty and discrete. do you think he has a good relation with princess sarah considering they are both around the same age?

princess79 12-18-2006 10:06 AM

yeah azrinaz..i know her personally...we were college mates and become tv reporters..