The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f241/)
-   -   Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 4: May 2006 - March 2007 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f241/princess-victoria-and-daniel-westling-current-events-part-4-may-2006-march-2007-a-8758.html)

Danielle 02-08-2006 05:28 PM

Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, Current Events Part 4: May 2006 - March 2007

Welcome to part 4 of the current news and events relating to Crown Princess Victoria and her boyfriend, Daniel Westling.

The previous thread can be found here. Please also remember to follow TRF Posting Rules and Guidelines

Happy posting! :)

Karisma 07-15-2006 07:05 PM

Daniel

Daniel was invited to Solliden and among the nearest 20 friends to the family. King Carl Gustaf had allowed Daniel be among the other guests at the official party, but Daniel declined.

We don´t know if there will be a marriage in the future but I think we must give Daniel the same chanse as the commoner girls (Spain, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands etc.) have had when they married royals and had their title. It´s no scandals with Daniel and that´s not a matter of course among the girs (and ladies) who have been married into Royal familys.

mixer2002de 07-16-2006 04:03 AM

Maybe he declined cause it is over? :eek:

Karisma 07-16-2006 05:14 AM

Private dinner

Quote:

Originally Posted by mixer2002de
Maybe he declined cause it is over? :eek:

No, he was among the 20 most close friends at the dinner after the official party. Hes declined the official festival with Swedish broadcast TV and well known artists.

Me, myself, personally, think it was a well-considered decision. Imagine the way the international and Swedish scandal press would have been fantasizing about Daniel in the crowd at the consert!?

mixer2002de 07-16-2006 08:40 AM

well it would have just been perfect to get his gymn topic out of the media :p

Karisma 07-16-2006 07:37 PM

Quote:

well it would have just been perfect to get his gymn topic out of the media :p

That would not have been a dignified ceremony at CP Victorias birthday. Maybe just because Daniel do understand the differenses he is worthy being an Crownprincess consort? He makes a difference!

Toledo 07-16-2006 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Karisma
Daniel was invited to Solliden and among the nearest 20 friends to the family. King Carl Gustaf had allowed Daniel be among the other guests at the official party, but Daniel declined.

We don´t know if there will be a marriage in the future but I think we must give Daniel the same chanse as the commoner girls (Spain, Denmark, Norway, Netherlands etc.) have had when they married royals and had their title. It´s no scandals with Daniel and that´s not a matter of course among the girs (and ladies) who have been married into Royal familys.

I have this feeling the couple is about to hit the wall soon after this. You just don't skip your girlfriend's birthday party just like that, I mean, since the last one he had 365 days to plan ahead.

Yennie 07-17-2006 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toledo
I have this feeling the couple is about to hit the wall soon after this. You just don't skip your girlfriend's birthday party just like that, I mean, since the last one he had 365 days to plan ahead.

but he didn´t! He was at Öland, just not at the official party at the sports field. He probably didn´t wanted to take the attention away from the birthday girl. Or have three zillions cameras taking photos of him :D

Lena 07-17-2006 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yennie
but he didn´t! He was at Öland, just not at the official party at the sports field. He probably didn´t wanted to take the attention away from the birthday girl. Or have three zillions cameras taking photos of him :D

I go for the second :D
I don´t get the argument of ppl saying, that he could have taken the attention from the bday girl. Wouldn´t a woman in love be happy, when her partner is accepted and cheered?? Besides if I should be honest...I think Victoria is a bit torn about the party at Borgholm. It´s a perfect PR opportunity (in fact I think together with the Nobel pics, these are the pics even ppl get to see, who are not much into the Swedish Royal family or Sweden at all) and she is surely not a person, who seems to hate attention :rolleyes: ...but I can´t help...to me she also looks always quite embarrassed :o She seems to me, as if she would prefer the meeting with the ppl at Solliden in the afternoon...and of course the private birthday party in the evening...and the strawberry cake together with a birthday song in the morning (wonder, how they handle it, since Daniel is around...does he need to sleep in another room :rolleyes: )

Daneborn 07-17-2006 08:03 AM

As I understood it Daniel, Emma and Jonas were all invited to the private celebration of Victoria's birthday, but (of course) not to the public one since there are no officially announced engagements.

What goes for Daniel's behaviour in Båstad with journalists - he does the right thing. The worst thing would be a media craving sucker who blabbers to the press as they were his best friends.

Those of you who wonder why Daniel market his gym in Båstad; it's a well-known fact that all ''rich'' people, who normally party at Stureplan, they go to Båstad, Marstrand and Gotland in the summertime.

I just read in a paper Båstad triples it's size from 14.000 to some 40.000 people during July. Miles of beaches with golden sand.

If people don't like the Balance Axa gym I guess he just has to change the concept. Like any clever business man would do.

Toledo > Despight your scepticism, I am certain there will be a wedding within the next year. All the signs are there.

Lena 07-17-2006 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daneborn

What goes for Daniel's behaviour in Båstad with journalists - he does the right thing. The worst thing would be a media craving sucker who blabbers to the press as they were his best friends.

I would agree if
a) He wouldn´t promote his gyms via interviews in DI or METRO
b) If he would stay and would have stayed friendly and wouldn´t carry this extreme cynical smile around...everytime he gets photographed. He seems to hate these press ppl. Well, who could blame him. Nyhlén and Co are simply a pain in the ass. But they belong to the whole circus. And if he doesn´t accept it, he will neither make points with the people, nor he will do the Swedish Monarchy a favour.

Quote:

Toledo > Despight your scepticism, I am certain there will be a wedding within the next year. All the signs are there.
And how do you see this in connection with Victoria´s probably time-craving diplomacy course and the fact, that Daniel´s gym is still 1600 members away from it´s full capacity...and full potential of profit :confused:

Daneborn 07-18-2006 07:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena
I would agree if
a) He wouldn´t promote his gyms via interviews in DI or METRO
b) If he would stay and would have stayed friendly and wouldn´t carry this extreme cynical smile around...everytime he gets photographed. He seems to hate these press ppl. Well, who could blame him. Nyhlén and Co are simply a pain in the ass. But they belong to the whole circus. And if he doesn´t accept it, he will neither make points with the people, nor he will do the Swedish Monarchy a favour.

And how do you see this in connection with Victoria´s probably time-craving diplomacy course and the fact, that Daniel´s gym is still 1600 members away from it´s full capacity...and full potential of profit :confused:

there's a big difference how to take on the press before and after an engagement.

there's also a big difference how to handle ordinary papers and celebrity magazines.

i agree it's an extremely tricky and undesired position, to market his gym and keep quiet about a romance at the same time.

before an engagement is announced it can only be akward and there's really no text book how to handle it.

we can only speculate why Daniel's gym isn't successful. if clients feel they don't get value for their money they won't advertise it to friends and family.

or it could be the good old swedish law of jealousy. people (read: upper class, educated people with money on Östermalm) simply don't want this (in their eyes) plain, uneducated, unacademic guy to have success.

Lena 07-18-2006 08:03 AM

Quote:

or it could be the good old swedish law of jealousy. people (read: upper class, educated people with money on Östermalm) simply don't want this (in their eyes) plain, uneducated, unacademic guy to have success.

Yes, the Swedish jealousy...an quite interesting phenomenon, if you ask me. It was quite funny to see, how the opinions towards Daniel in the Swedish forums changed, as soon as he had dropped the trucker look and changed to "Östermalmsk style". Suddenly he wasn´t anymore one out of their middle, but one of "them, up there" and for the ppl up there, he probably always will stay one from "down there" :rolleyes:

My guess is and was that the market is simply saturated. Why should every person in Östermalm want to work out in a gym?? Daniel said in an interview, that only 10% of all Swedes go regularly into gyms and that this means a lot of potential. I disagree, because I think it´s something you really have to like (being watched and compared etc.) and there are so many other possibilities for doing sports. And even though money is surely not a problem in Östermalm, I could easily imagine, that not everyone is keen to pay so much money and to train in such an "hip" ambience, where you seem maybe like the "chubby wrong thing" in the picture. Some ppl surely WANT to be seen and want to have contact with other members, but I guess a certain group just wants to get a good and hot look for other activities (clubs, restaurants, vacation) and why should one then prefer to work out with a high red face in a sweaty gym, while one can also undergo this pain in a more relaxed and cheaper surrounding...:rolleyes:

kaydura0717 07-26-2006 12:06 PM

Well I think in the face she resembles Madeline alittle bit.

GrandDuchess 07-31-2006 06:49 AM

This past Saturday Daniel Westling (looking absolutely hideous, and his friend even worse) celebrated yet another friend's wedding by attending the groom's bachelor party. The wedding was in Örebro.

https://img310.imageshack.us/img310/1...c49azq9.th.jpg
Richard Ström via Expressen

Yennie 07-31-2006 06:52 AM

Daniel was at a friends bachelor party in Örebro this weekend. They went to the club "Strömpis" and sat in the VIP area.
They asked me to arrange a nice evening, said Tony Fransson, cheif at the night club

https://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=645392

haha, you beat me by three minutes GrandDuchess:P

Daniel smiling at the photographer, thats a sight we´re not used to see... seems like he is getting used to the attention. To bad we dont see him and Victoria together anymore.... but that might change soon, who knows :)

Daneborn 07-31-2006 01:31 PM

Quote:

Daniel smiling at the photographer, thats a sight we´re not used to see... seems like he is getting used to the attention.

he was drunk and thought the picture was part of a video / photo book made for the couple.

just my suggestion :wacko:

Larzen 07-31-2006 01:49 PM

Charming :sick: Well he looks quite dressed up next to the fellow in his "helsetrøye"
Is it me or does it seem to be a bride in the background as well?
https://img280.imageshack.us/img280/4...azq9lq2.th.jpg Richard Strøm foto
If I worked for the german tabloids now I could write a master piece on how he is finally happy because he has gottne married in secret:angel:

sesa 07-31-2006 02:39 PM

What kind of bachelor party do you go to that you "want" to wear a "mesh tank top" And cut off jean shorts? :rofl: :sick: :shock: :rofl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Is it me or does it seem to be a bride in the background as well?
https://img280.imageshack.us/img280/4...azq9lq2.th.jpg

Yes Larzen. That is a bride in the pic. She is leaning over to the left and has on a veil. Kind of odd to have a bride at a bachelor party? Maybe she was a dancer dressed up as the bride? Who knows.

Heidi P. 07-31-2006 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
This past Saturday Daniel Westling (looking absolutely hideous, and his friend even worse) celebrated yet another friend's wedding by attending the groom's bachelor party. The wedding was in Örebro.

Richard Ström via Expressen

Daniel Westling doesn't look to Regal in this photo! LoL!

Maxie 07-31-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

You know, I'm just glad that Daniel didn't choose to wear what his friend is wearing. It all places his own choice in a broader perspective... :angel:
What's up with all these weddings he's been visiting lately btw, maybe he is doing some field research?! :lol:

Karisma 07-31-2006 06:41 PM

"Stag party"

Quote:

Originally Posted by sesa
What kind of bachelor party do you go to that you "want" to wear a "mesh tank top" And cut off jean shorts? :rofl: :sick: :shock: :rofl:

It´s a sort of "Stag party" called "Svensexa". One often have some sort of "fancy-dress ball" and exaggerate quit a bit. Compare it with a "hen party" - "möhippa".

Alexandria 07-31-2006 09:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sesa

Your comment makes me laugh sesa! :lol: It's like a Halloween party where you went dressed up from the eighties!

Is the friend the groom to be? Is it his last attempt to dress himself before his bride dresses him (for the better) one hopes. ... At least he won't be wearing this to the wedding!

Yennie 08-01-2006 06:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandria
Your comment makes me laugh sesa! :lol: It's like a Halloween party where you went dressed up from the eighties!

Is the friend the groom to be? Is it his last attempt to dress himself before his bride dresses him (for the better) one hopes. ... At least he won't be wearing this to the wedding!

I´m no expert on bachelor parties but I know that möhippor/ hen parties often involves silly costumes and that the bride has to do something embarassing. So perhaps thats why he is wearing that :)

Daneborn 08-01-2006 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
"helsetrøye"

:rofl:

Apart from the clothes I think the guy looks like a dish, I'm not sure I would wanna marry him though :ermm:

Yennie, yes it's common to dress people up like babies or hookers and force them to go down the streets.

Lena 08-02-2006 01:15 AM

Quote:

Yennie, yes it's common to dress people up like babies or hookers and force them to go down the streets.

I can already picture it...Daniel forced to wear Madeleine´s red nobel dress (aka THE nobel dress) at his bachelor party :rolleyes:

Oh btw...is it just me or has Daniel many "best friends"...at the last wedding (with Victoria´s attendance) he was best man, at this bachelor party he sat directly next to the (future) groom...many best friends or the light of Daniel´s fame shines so bright, that everyone wanna get a bit (?) :ermm:

Lena 08-08-2006 10:56 AM

Had Aftonbladet´s paper edition yesterday or today maybe pics of Victoria and Daniel on sicily (???)
https://www.tv4.se/kandis/481767.html

Larzen 08-08-2006 11:33 AM

Quote:

Had Aftonbladet´s paper edition yesterday or today maybe pics of Victoria and Daniel on sicily (???)
https://www.tv4.se/kandis/481767.html

What a truely bitchy article from Nyhen:lol: I guess he is just angry he did not get the exclusive himself:rolleyes:
My translation of the part about Victoria and Daniel
Quote:

CP Victoria and her boyfriend Daniel Westling has been on a romantic vacation to Sicily, they stayed at a luxury hotel -but ofcourse- and according to the court presswoman Nina Eldh, they had a wonderful vacation. Hurra for Nina Eldh who breakes the courts ancient tradition not to comment on Victorias private life. Hurrah, Hurrah

Anyway, it is aftonbladet who have bought the storie illustrated by very shady pictures of Daniel and Victoria...ja eh... you dont really see what they do and if it is Victoria, it could be Kikki Danielsson* with a cap, imagine the romance Daniel Westling and Kikki Danilesson

anyhow, the nicest picture shows Westling without a shirt, its the first half-nude picture of the personal trainer and here we can see he has alot of muscles. But. I say. A good idea Daniel, would be to put some more work into the shoulder area, because then the luxury suits will fit you better.

Daniel and Victoria prefers to go on vacation alone without their friends, they keep their destinations strictly private, and there are few who knows where and when they are going, the reason is they are afraid someone will tell the press. A favourite destination is USA and last summer it was San Fransisco. Then Daniel and Victoria went to the movies on midsummers eve!! Sounds like fun, no?
*Kikki Danielsson, Swedish eurovision singer struggeling with weight and alcohol problems
https://images.google.se/images?hl=no...on&sa=N&tab=wi

Yennie 08-08-2006 01:10 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Yes Victoria and Daniel were on holiday on Sicily last week. Today Aftonbladet has a article about the trip.
They stayed in Palermo at the five-star hotel Villa Igiea together with Victorias best friend Caroline and her husband Peder. The couples relaxed in the sun and played golf and tennis together.
When in Sweden they are very discret but when abroad the couple shows their feelings for eachother. Wearing bikini and shorts they huged and kissed eachother.
But now the holiday are over. Yesterday Victoria went to the inauguration of friidrotts/ athletics EM in Gothenburg

https://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...868650,00.html
photo by alloverpress via Aftonbladet

GrandDuchess 08-08-2006 03:34 PM

Wow, miracles do happen :rolleyes: The press doesn't always have eyes in their necks when it comes to the Swedish royals on holiday :smile:

Good to finally get some vacation pics, even if all except one were of lousy quality. And no pictures of Peder and Caroline Dinkelspiel, I would've loved to see them again! They are expecting their first child, so Victoria will probably become godmother again in a few months time.

Lena 08-08-2006 03:51 PM

Quote:

Good to finally get some vacation pics, even if all except one were of lousy quality.

Well, I must say, they weren´t as bad as I had thought after Nyhléns description. To me it seems he (TV4) indeed didn´t get the deal :rolleyes:
And I guess there are more out there, which are hopefully in the coming mags.
I hate it to say...but somehow I´m "disappointed" by Daniel´s body. In a way I had expected something like Kyril of Bulgaria under the shirt. In fact he seemed to have had a better body in the Cyprus pics from the early 90ties (and I think he wasn´t a gym trainer then) :huh:

Hannelore 08-08-2006 03:53 PM

Actually I like his look better than Kyril's. Yes, definately not bad looking:rolleyes:

Larzen 08-08-2006 04:05 PM

Yennie thank you so much for getting the pictures from PLUS:flowers:
Im glad to see them togehter showing some affection after the akward pics from the recent wedding. Victoria looks good in her bikini IMO (what an upside-down summer when we have pictures of Victoria in bikini and none of Her Tanned Highness Madeleine in hers:angel: ) I dont know why Nyhen said she could be Kikki Danielsson, its quite clear it is her and Daniel, hopefully there are more in the magazines.

Gita 08-08-2006 07:26 PM

Thank you for the wonderful photos. Victoria and Daniel look like any other normal couple.

princess gertrude 08-08-2006 07:42 PM

Quote:

Well, I must say, they weren´t as bad as I had thought after Nyhléns description. To me it seems he (TV4) indeed didn´t get the deal :rolleyes:
And I guess there are more out there, which are hopefully in the coming mags.
I hate it to say...but somehow I´m "disappointed" by Daniel´s body. In a way I had expected something like Kyril of Bulgaria under the shirt. In fact he seemed to have had a better body in the Cyprus pics from the early 90ties (and I think he wasn´t a gym trainer then) :huh:

I have to agree about Daniel's body, I would have expected a more "toned" body from someone that owns a gym. Not very impressive. And I would definately take Kyril's body over Daniel's any day of the week.:ermm:

MoonlightRhapsody 08-08-2006 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gita
Thank you for the wonderful photos. Victoria and Daniel look like any other normal couple.

I agree. Plus, it's nice to see him being affectionate towards her. Makes him more approachable and shows others that he really cares for her. :flowers:

Yennie 08-28-2006 06:40 AM

Daniel is moving in!

He´s helping a friend moving into a new apartment at Södermalm in Stockholm...
A royal expert says that he shouldnt do things like that once he becomes royal as it "takes away the magic of royalty. They cannot be to "ordinary".

https://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5...8438hy1.th.jpg https://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4...1438au9.th.jpg https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9370/1rx1.th.jpg

photos by Per Olof Sännås / Aftonbladet
https://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...878115,00.html

Smilla 08-28-2006 06:57 AM

Quote:

Daniel is moving in!

A royal expert says that he shouldnt do things like that once he becomes royal as it "takes away the magic of royalty. They cannot be to "ordinary".

https://img181.imageshack.us/img181/5...8438hy1.th.jpg https://img181.imageshack.us/img181/4...1438au9.th.jpg https://img224.imageshack.us/img224/9370/1rx1.th.jpg

photos by Per Olof Sännås / Aftonbladet

Remember the pictures of Hakoon carrying a huge big mirror into his and Mette-Marit's flat? And her carrying dozens of IKEA bags? So far the Norwegian monarchy has not collapsed on account of their doing "ordinary" things. We'll see if the Swedish and Norwegian royals will survive the blow of having "ordinary" people becoming part of the family.

Larzen 08-28-2006 07:06 AM

Quote:

Daniel is moving in!

Yes once (if ever) he is royal he should immediatly stop helping his friends:neutral: send in the servants:lol:

The expert (Leader of United Monarchists) wants Victoria to marry a dethroned german Prince or fürst, and thinks it is sad to introduce Victoria to the gym owner mileu. Suprisingly the court has not comment;)

mixer2002de 08-28-2006 10:26 AM

Well the pics would be much more interesting if a friend would help Daniel to move his things into a Villa/Castle owned by the Royal Family!

grevinnan 08-28-2006 11:58 AM

Not long ago there were photos of the King and Queen scrubbing and cleaning their boat in St Tropez. The royal expert must have had a fit over that.

laramie 08-28-2006 12:23 PM

I have seen wonderful photos of HRH Fredrick of Denmark carrying groceries, luggage and stories of his cooking breakfast for his future mother in law.
Maybe that is the strength of the modern monarchy - the ability to bridge.

MoonlightRhapsody 08-28-2006 01:42 PM

Quote:

What a bunch of bull crap. If anything, royals doing "ordinary" things are a part of what keeps modern monarchies in existence. People want to see that their royal families can relate to them in some ways and not to be these detached people who have no idea how it's like to like like a commoner. More power to them!

Lena 08-28-2006 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smilla
Remember the pictures of Hakoon carrying a huge big mirror into his and Mette-Marit's flat? And her carrying dozens of IKEA bags? So far the Norwegian monarchy has not collapsed on account of their doing "ordinary" things. We'll see if the Swedish and Norwegian royals will survive the blow of having "ordinary" people becoming part of the family.

Well, Mette Marit ist "just" 5 years crown princess. Probably even not an rich investor supporting secretly republican campaigns could have brought the Monarchy down in that time. Watching how Mette Marit has influenced the Norwegian Monarchy is a long time project (just as you hint it).
IMO being too ordinary is just as bad for the institution Monarchy, which has to manage the (fragile) balance, between inborn superiority and a charitable do-gooder character, as being too spoilt and "brat-ish". But if you ask me, helping a friend will always make more points than holidaying with the non (or hardly) working jetset in St. Tropez. And I might be wrong, but IMO the Swedish republican movement with their values is not directly representative for the "general" Swedish opinion on the Monarchy. But I must give them, that maybe an imported noble, who knows, where his place is and who could profit from an inborn self confidence, coming from the knowledge, where he is coming from, could be better for the Monarchy in the long run.
Well...well...but as many ppl here said before, it´s most important that Victoria (and Daniel!) are happy :lol:

As usual superficial note from my side: Daniel looks in these pics body-wise much more hotter than in the vacation pics from Italy. :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
What a bunch of bull crap. If anything, royals doing "ordinary" things are a part of what keeps modern monarchies in existence. People want to see that their royal families can relate to them in some ways and not to be these detached people who have no idea how it's like to like like a commoner. More power to them!

Well, "in some ways", yes! But if they become too ordinary it automatically raises in a thinking citizen the question, why they can do the very well paid job and not them. I don´t say, that a president is always smarter or better than the ordinary citizen, but at least his/her position is part of the citizens will.
IMO for most young Royals the only real possibilities for making points are charity and most of all an ideal seeming family life, with the children playing a special role. Nothing is better for acceptance than to cry loud in the traditional baptism dress, to jump around as naked toddler with fluffy hair, or to grin with a gap in your teeth into the camera at your first school day...just ask Vickan ;)
In some ways these described things are also ordinary situations, but I think there´s a difference to a grownup Royal by marriage showing ordinary behaviour. Here wanting to seem ordinary could be fatal for the staged fairytale of the prince and princess in glitter and gloria, or it could seem fake/manipulative (at least if you combine it with Prada ;)). Then again...I´ve watched 6 crown princely weddings in the past years and in every case most ppl didn´t hesitate a second to call the person "crown princess" only minutes after the vow...and I´ve seen ppl cherring them, when getting a xx thousand $ dress from their tax money and praising the crown princess at the same time for her modesty. So maybe here (as so often) the wish for an illusion is stronger than logical thinking. In consequence it would mean, that Daniel could do, what he wants. Ppl will swallow it :lol:

Lena 09-15-2006 08:45 AM

Daniel is celebrating his 33rd birthday today. And the king has his 33rd anniversary as king today (and if I´m not wrong ETW also celebrates her bday today :wacko: ) What I realised in this connection...it´s not just that "prince" Daniel would need to go 3 steps behind his bestly beloved wife, he also could never enjoy big birthdays alone. If he would want to have a big birthday bash at his 50th birthday, the king would celebrate 50 years on the throne. Isn´t that sad (snief) :sad: And somehow it´s also ironic! It would be more than interesting to know, what hour Daniel was born. Maybe the same, Carl Gustaf became king (which must have been the hour king Gustaf VI Adolf died) If I would share a mind with my esoteric touched cousins, I would see this as sign :rolleyes:
BTW...wouldn´t 33 be an good age to get engaged? ;)

Teresa 09-15-2006 08:54 AM

Who is ETW?:ermm:

Larzen 09-15-2006 09:12 AM

ETW - Elisabeth Tarras Wahlberg, courtmarshal and mentor of Victoria, thin, tall, stern looking woman with white hair, you see her is most events with Victoria. She used to be the information director of the palace but now she devotes herslef to Victoria full time:wub: :lol: . You can read an interview and see pictures of her in this topic

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ght=staff+work

Quote:

Daniel is celebrating his 33rd birthday today. And the king has his 33rd anniversary as king today (and if I´m not wrong ETW also celebrates her bday today :wacko: ) What I realised in this connection...it´s not just that "prince" Daniel would need to go 3 steps behind his bestly beloved wife, he also could never enjoy big birthdays alone. If he would want to have a big birthday bash at his 50th birthday, the king would celebrate 50 years on the throne. Isn´t that sad (snief) :sad: And somehow it´s also ironic! It would be more than interesting to know, what hour Daniel was born. Maybe the same, Carl Gustaf became king (which must have been the hour king Gustaf VI Adolf died) If I would share a mind with my esoteric touched cousins, I would see this as sign :rolleyes:
BTW...wouldn´t 33 be an good age to get engaged? ;)

How do you think of all theese things:lol: yes 33 is an excellent age to get engaged, if possible before nobel:flowers:

cloclo 09-15-2006 08:13 PM

Happy b day then, but i just dont know, why do i have this feeling that he is not the right one for her? but yet again, love:wub: is something no one can explain :Plol does anybody share this opinion with me?

Lena 10-03-2006 05:30 PM

Some love it, some hate it..."Kungafamiljen", part of TV4´s comedy programme "Hey Baberiba" The king seems to belong to the group of "haters"...nonetheless the 3 are going on. Also this autumn. This time they are showing, how the "Royal family" could live in 2026.

"Victoria" is married to the Luxembourgian prince "Jean Jacque" and "Daniel Westling" works as physiotherapist (after a big gym crash in 2010)
I´ve posted this, because I know, that many ppl could live very well with this imagination (even though there is obviously no Jean Jaque ;))
The producer of the show said, that since he is making the show, they (V&D) didn´t get 1mm forward in the wedding question. And this is his way of "helping". Honestly I must admit, that it would be a hard thing to swallow, if I´d be in Victoria´s and Daniel´s position. Of course it´s just a silly show. But the opinions on Daniel being not "good" enough, the thing with the gyms not really running, are all reality...it seems :rolleyes: :wacko:

https://img55.imageshack.us/img55/5942/jeanjaqib8.jpg
https://wwwb.aftonbladet.se/vss/noje/...888657,00.html

Scanorama 10-07-2006 07:26 AM

Is the person on the right Victoria?

Who is the person in the middle and on the left? Thanks :)

Tartucat 10-10-2006 02:26 AM

STOCKHOLM 08.10.2006
Princess Madeleine, Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, boyfriend of CP Victoria attends a church service celebrating the 700-year anniversary of Storkyrkan cathedral in Stockholm.

Photos from: www.anp-photo.com

https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/8...oriavk8.th.jpg https://img220.imageshack.us/img220/7226/danidw2.th.jpg https://img209.imageshack.us/img209/3...nielic0.th.jpg https://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4351/danut0.th.jpg

nayralorenzo 10-10-2006 05:27 AM

Victoria looks very pretty today. I am happy that they are together in some acts, hopefully they will marry some day.

Yennie 10-10-2006 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scanorama
Is the person on the right Victoria?

Who is the person in the middle and on the left? Thanks :)

They are all actors in the show "Hey barberiba". Its a satire about the royal family

Tartucat 10-10-2006 05:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tartucat
STOCKHOLM 08.10.2006
Princess Madeleine, Crown Princess Victoria and Daniel Westling, boyfriend of CP Victoria attends a church service celebrating the 700-year anniversary of Storkyrkan cathedral in Stockholm.

Photos from: www.anp-photo.com

CP Victoria is looking very beautiful. Red colour suits her well. However, I just don't like Daniel W.'s glasses:wacko: Why so big and dark frames?

GOT FOG? 10-11-2006 06:57 AM

Victoria looks great in red.
Quote:

I don´t talk about women getting at a later point in life a "pet for the family" (as it was e.g. with princess Caroline of Monaco and her Alexandra)
What a horrible & untrue thing to say. Her daughter is in noway shape or form a "pet" or is treated as such.:wacko:

HRH Mims 10-11-2006 07:13 AM

I love princess red outfit it really suits to her! :flowers:
Has anyone noticed, that Victoria and Daniel are in face a little similar?

Lena 10-11-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOT FOG?
Victoria looks great in red.

What a horrible & untrue thing to say. Her daughter is in noway shape or form a "pet" or is treated as such.:wacko:

Never heard the phrase "Pet of the family" for the youngest (mostly said, when the youngest child is a lot younger than the second youngest)?
It´s not my invention, but a phrase or term...as e.g. "doll" as term of endearment for a little girl. Does this mean the little girl is out of plastic or porcelain :rolleyes:

MoonlightRhapsody 10-11-2006 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tartucat
However, I just don't like Daniel W.'s glasses:wacko: Why so big and dark frames?

LOL, I like his glasses! Though I may be a little biased because I have the small but dark frames. :lol: It's the secretary look, very in lately, though I prefer them to be smaller than Daniel's! :rofl:

jack lambert 10-14-2006 05:15 PM

If you ask me Daniel spends too much time in his office and not enough time in his gym

hrhcp 10-28-2006 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jack lambert
If you ask me Daniel spends too much time in his office and not enough time in his gym

Well .. now that he has more than one gym and a manager for each, there is some time needed to make sure the underlings 'perform' !

That is just one of the woes with growing a business ... moving from the 'hands on' to an indirect role.

Hope Daniel succeeds with his game - plan.

Lena 11-13-2006 03:18 PM

15 things on Daniel Westling. Out of Johnny´s blogg (Johnny is a journalist at Expressen). Translated by me:
https://blogg.expressen.se/kandis/

1. Daniel is like the Royal family- a supporter of AIK (Soccer team in Sthlm). He often watches matches.

2. Daniel has run (semi) Marathon-"Stockholm´s run" two times. First time in 1999 at 1.43.10. In 2000 at 1.45.37

3. Daniel likes golfing. He did an hole in one at Högbo´s golf club (close to Ockelbo) in 1992 at a golf course of 18 holes. He got it in directly at hole 12

4. Daniel has 3 different Master Training gyms- One of them is connected to his "common" gym Balance. He is even owning a company called DW health care.

5. Daniel often travels with the Crown Princess in her Säpo (security police) car. Victoria sometimes picks him up after work at Balance (While his Lexus is parked at Drottningholm castle)

6 Daniel is a good friend of TV presenter Martin Björk. They have been out together and ate together a couple of times.

7. Daniel likes to work out. But not in the central parts of Sthlm city. Daniel goes to Djurgården and there he is in the habit of running

8. Daniel´s favourite place for buying gifts is NK (famous swedish shopping mall) One time he had looked at underwear for women, according to informed sources.

9.Daniel has engaged the PR company JKL for teaching him how to talk with journalists and to teach him how the media work in Sweden and abroad.

10. Daniel has been in Stockholm´s big cathedral in Gamla stan- at the same time as Victoria. Both have gotten a foretaste of the church, that probably will be the one, they get married in.

11. Daniel probably will go with/get the title: Herr Westling

12. Daniel was the first, who drove a Lexus. Now several members of the Royal family drive the same model.

13. Daniel and Victoria have been among other things at a Britney Spears and Destiny´s child concert together.

14. Daniel has gotten 0.1 points as result at the Högskoleprovet in 1994 (test you can add to your application for university. 2.0 is the highest, what you can get. 0.1 is so bad, that you probably could also get it with mere guessing)

15 I´ve been a little flabbergasted, when I met Daniel lately. He was the first one, who put his hand forth and he greeted, after I had said "hej". His media training at JKL must be a success!

tog 11-26-2006 02:42 PM

Daniel visits Sturecompagniet

According to stureplan.se DW visited Sturecompagniet, the largest nightclub at Stureplan yesterday. Among other guests was Victor Magnusson (son of Princess Christina) and Emilia de Poiret with husband as well as Adele Treschow (daughter of Michael Treschow who is one of Master Trainings customers as well as one of the biggest names in business in Sweden).
Stureplan.se doesn't publish photographs of those that doesn't want to be photographed.

https://www.stureplan.se/articles/3879/

Lena 11-26-2006 04:03 PM

@ The Swedes on the board
Has anyone watched "Kändis Special: Prins Daniel" on TV400 last Friday?

avrilo 11-30-2006 01:39 PM

Ritva posted an article of DAM on Victoria... I love to see her wit her hair down, unfortunately I dont understand :(. Could someone tell wat is about is te first one

https://www.ritva.com/tidningar.htm

mixer2002de 11-30-2006 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by avrilo
Ritva posted an article of DAM on Victoria... I love to see her wit her hair down, unfortunately I dont understand :(. Could someone tell wat is about is te first one

https://www.ritva.com/tidningar.htm

Daniels Dad holiday home in a forrest. They suspect its a private hide a way for Victoria and Daniel for private things ;)

Lena 12-18-2006 10:54 PM

In April a book on Daniel and Victoria will come out. A guy called Andreas Utterström is writing it and it will be published in a publishing house called "Big Bok" The idea behind the relatively new company is to publish books, which catch the spirit of time...or better said the spirit of tabloids. Many of the portrayed characters in their books were headlines for weeks in Aftonbladet&friends (Linda Rosning, Svennis, Hagamannen, little Tille, who died from a fatal skin disease and whose last days of life were covered in Aftonbladet...)
So I guess one shouldn´t expect a grand journalistic masterpiece...but its said that the book should be free from scandals. Could mean, that it will be awfully boring, since the facts, ppl got on them are actually quite meager. So if one wouldn´t be into tacky analyses and digging in the dirt, it could be as dry as Knäckebröd...not, that I think a good book on Royals should be full of scandals, but since our two turtle doves are still in concubinage, one can´t come up with a book, that glitters like snow on a sunny winter day or with an interview book (we even don´t know, how the voice of the turtle dove with black glasses and backslick hair is sounding...), probably even not with a book full of anecdotes (since the circles surrounding Daniel keep mum mostly)

Article about a talk with the author
https://www.na.se/artikel.asp?intId=1087059

Big Bok:
https://www.bigbok.se/

Yennie 12-30-2006 08:46 AM

Victoria and Daniel enjoys themselfs in the ski slopes

Crown princess Victoria and Daniel Westling enjoys the weather and eachother in the luxury ski resort Cortina d´Ampezzo in Italy.
- Victoria has been constantly laughting for three days now. I´ve never seen her like this, an eye witness says.
The cóuple has been, along with bodyguards and four friends, renting a villa since wednesday.

https://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/telegr..._852__,00.html

tog 12-31-2006 06:18 AM

More about the ski-vacation

Today aftonbladet has a longer article about their vacation in Cortina d'Ampezzo. It says among other things that they arrived with the escort of italian police 4 AM this wednesday and that they were skiing in ordinary pists on wednesday and offpist on thursday. There is also a photo. https://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...964873,00.html

Yennie 12-31-2006 06:38 AM

tthis is a little confusing... look how they are posing for the camera! They are even kissing! They have been so secret before and now; this?!

more photos; both from Aftotnbladet/ all over

https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/9...ina1vh0.th.jpg https://img204.imageshack.us/img204/9...ina3ix1.th.jpg https://img205.imageshack.us/img205/8...ina4zf3.th.jpg https://img204.imageshack.us/img204/2...ina5mb1.th.jpg https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/3...ina6yn3.th.jpg https://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4...ina8wx2.th.jpg

https://img214.imageshack.us/img214/8...ina7lv1.th.jpg https://img205.imageshack.us/img205/4...na91tr2.th.jpg https://img230.imageshack.us/img230/8...ina9nm7.th.jpg

madeleine victoria 12-31-2006 07:26 AM

from these pictures i think she just looks so happy.:smile:

Her_Majesty 12-31-2006 07:48 AM

Thanks so much for the pictures!
A first public kiss... I hear the wedding bells ring! (but maybe just in my mind?) :lol:

alenka 12-31-2006 08:12 AM

Great pictures, they look so happy together.

Gita 12-31-2006 09:22 AM

Yennie is my friend!

Thank you Yennie yet again! Thanks for the photos. :flowers: Maybe they hope that by giving the cameras what they want they’ll leave them alone for the rest of their holiday? Do you know when they are due back in Sweden?

Yennie 12-31-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gita
Thank you Yennie yet again! Thanks for the photos. :flowers: Maybe they hope that by giving the cameras what they want they’ll leave them alone for the rest of their holiday? Do you know when they are due back in Sweden?

you´re so sweet Gita!

Yes perhaps they think the cameras will leave them alone if they pose alittle... I dont know when they´ll be back in Sweden, but I dont think the royal family has any official engagements until january 7 or something like that. Perhaps they are taking two whole weeks off.

Avalon 12-31-2006 01:17 PM

I have never seen such pictures of Victoria and Daniel (pictures are wonderful, mind), they are usually so discreet and hardly even hold hands in public.
So like the rest of you, I am waiting for a certain announcement! :rolleyes: ;)

Alisa 12-31-2006 09:55 PM

They look so adorable. :smile:

I think it's a mix of true feelings and a PR stunt. True feelings in the sense that they are genuinely happy and in love and a PR stunt in the sense that they want us to know that they are committed to each other.

I'm getting giddy with excitement at the prospect of an imminent engagement.:flowers:

RubyPrincess168 01-01-2007 02:36 AM

I'm a little skeptical about those skiing pictures. 3/4ths of their heads are covered by helmets and goggles. It could be a new man under there or it could be a different girl. Is this kind of photo-op unusual for them?

Yennie 01-01-2007 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168
I'm a little skeptical about those skiing pictures. 3/4ths of their heads are covered by helmets and goggles. It could be a new man under there or it could be a different girl. Is this kind of photo-op unusual for them?

very unusual... I dont think we´ve ever seen photos like this of them.
But its them for sure...

mixer2002de 01-01-2007 09:09 AM

Maybe they posed for the press to prepare them :-)

tog 01-01-2007 10:14 AM

New article

Quote:

Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168

Well the photo in Expressen leaves little doubt about that Daniel Westling is in Cortina d'Ampezzo with a girl that looks very much like crownprincess Victoria and has a pony-tail.

https://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=813791

Lena 01-01-2007 10:41 AM

Yes, I think there´s no doubt these turtle doves are Victoria and Daniel. Their characteristic features come out well...even with helmets and in the little blurry Paparazzi pic of Expressen. Only the behaviour is absolutely not Victoria and Daniel :wacko: I know...I say it for 3 years...but this time I could be right...it looks as if an engagement would be just around the corner...or the ppl in Cortina simply have something in the water :rolleyes:

Lamyah 01-01-2007 06:04 PM

too bad i can't see the pictures.

mixer2002de 01-01-2007 08:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tog
Well the photo in Expressen leaves little doubt about that Daniel Westling is in Cortina d'Ampezzo with a girl that looks very much like crownprincess Victoria and has a pony-tail.

https://www.expressen.se/index.jsp?a=813791

To me this pic looks like Daniel dislikes kissing :sad:

MarvelousMarta 01-02-2007 04:45 PM

Quote:

To me this pic looks like Daniel dislikes kissing :sad:

I agree. Doesn’t it always appear that it is Victoria who is the most affectionate? She is always the one hugging him, touching him, holding his hand or kissing him. In fact, I’ve noticed this with her other boyfriends as well. Daniel always seems to be looking in the other direction or bored. I haven’t seen any pictures with him initiating a loving gesture. Certainly these pics are the most affection I have seen out of both of them.

magnik 01-02-2007 06:14 PM

Maybe he doesn't like kissing more or less public?

janos614 01-02-2007 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnik
Maybe he doesn't like kissing more or less public?

That is a definite possibility, but after dating the CP for so long, I personally think he should have overcome much of this shyness by this point. It doesn't mean that he has to do it all the time, but if there is a photo op like this one, it certainly wouldn't hurt him to be more affectionate.

mixer2002de 01-02-2007 07:14 PM

Well or maybe he cannot show his feelings or she just loves him or...

MoonlightRhapsody 01-02-2007 08:26 PM

Some (okay, a lot) of guys are not into public displays of affection, especially "older" guys. Doesn't necessarily mean he loves her any less. My suspicion is that he's behaving himself in public as to not give anyone (her family nor the country) any reason to discount him as a possible future husband for Victoria. If he was too public, I think it would turn against him and not be considered seriously. I'm sure he shows her and close friends and family in private that he loves her.

Avalon 01-03-2007 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoonlightRhapsody
Some (okay, a lot) of guys are not into public displays of affection, especially "older" guys. Doesn't necessarily mean he loves her any less. My suspicion is that he's behaving himself in public as to not give anyone (her family nor the country) any reason to discount him as a possible future husband for Victoria. If he was too public, I think it would turn against him and not be considered seriously. I'm sure he shows her and close friends and family in private that he loves her.

I quite agree with you MoonlightRhapsody, that's what I think as well.
And in these pictures (picture1, picture2, picture3, curtsey of Yennie), Daniel seems quite passionate to me! ;)

seto 01-03-2007 09:20 AM

There are some people who prefer to keep things private. I think that is how victoria and her boyfriend are she after all going to be queen.

robby86 01-03-2007 04:38 PM

He has really loosened up around the cameras. I think the pics are really sweet.

rop81 01-03-2007 07:12 PM

Thanks for the lovely pics, a good start of the new year - only one thing could be better, an engagement!

I belive that Daniel is the kind of guy that doesn´t feel comfortable in expressing to much feelings in public, and those feelings have probably been strengthen by the fact that anything he and Victoria does is more or less public.

Now come on and get that engagement going, we (and they) can´t wait much longer now right? :flowers: :wacko:

Amely 01-04-2007 06:49 AM

some photos

The photos not good quality but very sweet :wub:

https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/1.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/2.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/3.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/4.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/5-1.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/6-1.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/7-1.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/8.jpg
https://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y300/AGerder/9.jpg

All Quenn

Her_Majesty 01-04-2007 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fernando
Victoria is so good looking put he is so ugly. Love is blind rigth

I don't think he's ugly.. There's something about him...:rolleyes:
Sometimes he looks quite handsome and charming to me.

HRH Mims 01-04-2007 01:12 PM

Well the most stupid thing is judging of someone just because of "good" or "bad" look. I think if they'll marry and Victoria will become queen she will need not handsome man but someone who will be by her side all the time.

Lamyah 01-04-2007 02:54 PM

i would love to see larger versions, for some bizzare reason the man with her doesn't look like her current bf. anyway, its interesting how this sudden public affection appears after 5 yrs of togetherness :smile:

mixer2002de 01-05-2007 07:24 AM

Maybe its a double :)

sesam 01-05-2007 11:01 AM

I'm happy to see nice photos of them together! Maybe they were tired of all the seperating-rumours in the tabloids? :rolleyes: Engagement-rumours seems much easier to bear...:lol: But my guess is that they won't get engaged before Victoria's 30th birthday. Maybe in autumn and then a wedding in spring 2008?

Gita 01-05-2007 01:46 PM

Well maybe Crown Princess Victoria does think is drop-dead-gorgeous as they say "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder." Good saying.

linda85 01-06-2007 11:59 PM

maybe this was a test to gauge the public's reaction to Daniel and Victoria as a couple "officially" ? Who knows??