The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Austria and Germany (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/)
-   -   Princess Nathalie of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2006 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/princess-nathalie-of-berleburg-and-family-current-events-part-1-january-2006-a-8475.html)

iceflower 08-26-2009 05:09 PM

Pics 26.8.2009

Princess Natalie at the Alltech FEI European Dressage
Championships on her horse Digby, at Windsor Castle,
UK, August 26, 2009.

She was supported by her boyfriend Alexander Johannsmann
(pic 3) and her mother Princess Benedikte (pics 5+6).
What a pity that Queen Elizabeth wasn't around.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

sgl 08-26-2009 06:48 PM

The photos are great, but none of them look very happy. Does anyone know how Princess Nathalie did in this event?

principessa 08-27-2009 07:08 AM

DerWesten.de has a report about Princess Nathalie.

Die Prinzessin und der Macho - Sport - WP - DerWesten

sgl 10-17-2009 03:52 PM

Princess Nathalie's horse became spooked during the World Cup this weekend. The princess was riding for Denmark, and has now had to drop out of the competition.
spn.dk - Prinsessens hest blev bange

Neither the Princess nor her horse were injured. The horse apparently became spooked by a light in the arena.

dazzling 10-17-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 1006192)
Princess Nathalie's horse became spooked during the World Cup this weekend. The princess was riding for Denmark, and has now had to drop out of the competition.
spn.dk - Prinsessens hest blev bange

Neither the Princess nor her horse were injured. The horse apparently became spooked by a light in the arena.

This is quite dissapointing news. P.Nathalie has been doing so well lately its a shame this had happened but things like this do happen no matter what level you are.
Better luck next time.

dazzling 11-22-2009 05:57 AM

Princess Nathalie showed up for the first time in public with her boyfriend of 2 years to an event which was held by her mother.
The press asked if they were engaged and she said no, not yet.
translated article

sgl 11-22-2009 11:11 AM

I didn't know that she had a boyfriend. They look very happy in the photo. The article just says that he is German; it doesn't seem to mention what he does. Does anyone know? Is he also involved in the equestrian world?

iceflower 11-22-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 1022280)
I didn't know that she had a boyfriend. They look very happy in the photo. The article just says that he is German; it doesn't seem to mention what he does. Does anyone know? Is he also involved in the equestrian world?

He's connected to the equestrian world through his family! The family has
produced several riders, including Alexander's father and they are involved
in transporting horses. He himself works for an uncle's equestrian transport
business. So they obviously have a lot of shared interests :smile:.

sgl 11-22-2009 05:26 PM

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower! I would imagine that whomever Nathalie marries must have a love of horses. Did they meet through an event?

grevinnan 11-22-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1022187)
Princess Nathalie showed up for the first time in public with her boyfriend of 2 years to an event which was held by her mother.
The press asked if they were engaged and she said no, not yet.
translated article

Look like a younger version of her dad.

dazzling 11-23-2009 02:48 AM

Not sure where they met, but I have come across a picture (on another forum) where he was attending last year an event which Nathalie was participating in. He was pictured sitting on the side line watching her.
It was at a dressage event in summer 2008.

lyndaW 11-23-2009 12:42 PM

Nathalie spends a lot of time in Denmark, does she reside in her parents aspartment at the castle, or does she have her own apartment in Denmark ?
Although she spends a great deal of time in Denmark she never seems to be included in the Danish Royal Family events (although her parents, brothers and girlfriend, as well as her sister are included) !!!

NotAPretender 01-14-2010 11:08 AM

Hmmm - a post vanished. At any rate, there is a new thread that talks of this, but of course the best newest current event for the princess is her engagement. Good times!

iceflower 04-03-2010 04:21 AM

Despite her pregnancy (5th month) Princess Nathalie has competed
at the Dressage World Cup in the Netherlands and made the 6th place
last week. She rode on her horse Digby and according to experts
it was a nice and solid ride of good technical difficulty. The following
article also says that it's been the last competition before the birth
in July, but that Princess Nathalie plans to already take part in the
World Championships in Kentucky in the USA in September as this
was one of her biggest dreams. Impressing! :smile:

** Gravid Nathalie deltog i World Cup-finalen **

Lumutqueen 04-03-2010 06:28 AM

Wow, she's unstoppable.
I like that she carries on what she loves while pregnant.
She could use her training for the championships as a weight loss program. :smile:

sgl 04-03-2010 11:18 AM

Good for her! I didn't realize pregnant women could ride this far into their pregnancies (I've never been pregnant, so I'm pretty clueless). I have read that Digby is her favorite horse, and I'm pleased to see that she will still visit Kentucky in the fall. I wonder if she'll bring the baby with her (read: I hope to see photos of Nathalie and the baby in Kentucky).

Maura724 04-03-2010 11:47 AM

Is it safe to ride when you're pregnant? I really don't know anything about horses...or pregancy for that matter.

I woule love to see the baby, too, sgl, but I doubt she'll bring it because I think you would be suicidal if you tried to travel all the way from Germany to Kentucky with a 2-month-old. ;)

Lumutqueen 04-03-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maura724 (Post 1065230)
Is it safe to ride when you're pregnant? I really don't know anything about horses...or pregancy for that matter.

I woule love to see the baby, too, sgl, but I doubt she'll bring it because I think you would be suicidal if you tried to travel all the way from Germany to Kentucky with a 2-month-old. ;)

It's only recommended when the lady is between 1-3 months pregnant. As horse riding is a jerky, bouncy activity, it can put a lot of strain on the ligaments that support the womb.

You could get serious injuries and problems if you continue with vigorous activities after her 4 month.

I suppose that because she's been doing this for a while, it has less risks but it's her first pregnancy, she should be taking extra care. :ermm:

NotAPretender 04-19-2010 07:56 PM

I like this couple. They seem grounded!

dazzling 06-13-2010 04:05 AM

Princess Nathalie & Alexander is pregnant with a boy who is due next month (last week of July) according to BB