The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Families of Austria and Germany (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/)
-   -   Princess Nathalie of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2006 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f78/princess-nathalie-of-berleburg-and-family-current-events-part-1-january-2006-a-8475.html)

purple_platinum 01-12-2006 07:15 AM

Princess Nathalie of Berleburg and Family, Current Events Part 1: January 2006 -

1 Attachment(s)
A new year, a new thread...
This time it's dedicated to Princess Nathalie, daughter of Princess Benedikte & Prince Richard of Berleburg.

Nathalie, Princess zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg, is born on 2 May 1975.
Here's her official website : https://www.nathalie-wittgenstein.de/

Please post her current news & pictures here... thank u!

Princess Nathalie on billetbladet (dated january 11, 2006)

GrandDuchess 08-20-2006 09:19 AM

Good news for all equestrian & royal fans - Princess Nathalie will be competing at the upcoming World Equestrian Games in Aachen Germany, starting next week. She will compete in dressage, of course, for the Danish National Team, on her horse Digby. In Europe we can watch the WEG on Eurosport.

To see a list of all the national teams participating, go here.

Adry 08-20-2006 10:01 AM

Would be nice to know something else about Princess Nathalie´s life..Does she have a boyfriend? :rolleyes:

Lasse Pedersen 08-21-2006 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Good news for all equestrian & royal fans - Princess Nathalie will be competing at the upcoming World Equestrian Games in Aachen Germany, starting next week. She will compete in dressage, of course, for the Danish National Team, on her horse Digby. In Europe we can watch the WEG on Eurosport.

To see a list of all the national teams participating, go here.

And she will do so with her mother, HRH Princess Benedikte, cheering for her!

GrandDuchess 08-21-2006 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adry
Would be nice to know something else about Princess Nathalie´s life..Does she have a boyfriend? :rolleyes:

Well it's hard to know since the Danish press doesn't really cover Nathalie and Gustav very well, and the German press doesn't seem to pay much attention too them either. It would be nice if the Danish press could write more about them!

In the summer of 2005 Nathalie did not have a boyfriend (read that in BT), but of course that can have changed since then - it's been a year after all! :smile:

GrandDuchess 08-23-2006 09:03 AM

https://img220.imageshack.us/img220/9...enrfca1.th.jpg
Nathalie & Digby yesterday, picture from the Danish Riding Association.

Yesterday Princess Nathalie was one of the two first danes to compete for their country in the World Equestrian Games in Aachen, Germany. After passing through the vet check without any remarks, Nathalie and Digby performed well together in the Grand Prix that started the first day of the WEG.

After a very promising start, they had some problems in the gallop. Their score ended on 66.083%. The Danish National Team's coach, Rudolf Zeilinger, agreed with the results of the first day after having seen all the equipages. With the result, Nathalie ended on a 15th place, and Denmark was on a 6th place in the team ranking after yesterday, but the Grand Prix continues today (ends this afternoon).

https://www.rideforbund.dk/DRF/nyhede...20er%20startet

GrandDuchess 08-24-2006 08:58 AM

Just popping in here to tell you all that unfortunately Princess Nathalie did not qualify herself individually in the Grand Prix to start in the Grand Prix Special this coming weekend... She and Digby did not perform their best and they ended up on 39th place in the individual results - only the 30 best qualified for the Grand Prix Special (and from that one qualifies to the Kür).

The Danish dressage team ended up on a 4th place in total in the Grand Prix, a very good result - but not the 3rd place and bronze that they had so hoped for.

paulette 09-06-2006 03:47 AM

At least, the members of the team did try their best on their event.

I do hope we could hear more from Princess Nathalie. I am really interested on her but she does not get much press coverage compared to her cousins. But I think some royals might be wishing they lead a life same as her. I think hers is more relaxed and peaceful compared to the rest.

CasiraghiTrio 10-17-2006 03:14 PM

Princess Nathalie, Prince Gustav and their mother, Princess Benedikte were the only adult members of the Berleburg family at Grasten Slot this year, right? I know the children of Princess Alexandra of Berleburg were there. But was Princess Alexandra of Berleburg herself there? I didn't notice her in any of the pictures.

Opal 10-17-2006 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
Princess Nathalie, Prince Gustav and their mother, Princess Benedikte were the only adult members of the Berleburg family at Grasten Slot this year, right? I know the children of Princess Alexandra of Berleburg were there. But was Princess Alexandra of Berleburg herself there? I didn't notice her in any of the pictures.

I thought it looked like Princess Alexandra who was at the family gathering at Grasten with her children. And Nathalie was the one not present, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

CasiraghiTrio 10-18-2006 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchat
I thought it looked like Princess Alexandra who was at the family gathering at Grasten with her children. And Nathalie was the one not present, but I could be wrong. Maybe someone else knows for sure.

I might be wrong as well but to me this woman in these pictures looks like the same person:
https://www.nettyroyal.nl/nathalie.html (definitely Nathalie)
https://s2.supload.com/free/603851AX.jpg/view/ (Nathalie or Alexandra?)

Princess Alexandra of Berleburg
https://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image...19-04-1441.jpg

Sources: Rex, Netty's website, and VR

princess olga 10-18-2006 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by purple_platinum
Princess Nathalie on billetbladet (dated january 11, 2006)

Which one is Natalie? The left one or the right? ;);)

no seriously, that's a cute horse she's got there, I take it it's Digby.

Mandy 10-18-2006 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I might be wrong as well but to me this woman in these pictures looks like the same person:
https://www.nettyroyal.nl/nathalie.html (definitely Nathalie)
https://s2.supload.com/free/603851AX.jpg/view/ (Nathalie or Alexandra?)

Princess Alexandra of Berleburg
https://meta2.fotomarktplatz.de/image...19-04-1441.jpg

Sources: Rex, Netty's website, and VR

Here's Princess Alexandra at Graaston with her two children sitting next to her mother, Princess Benedikte.:flowers:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1154618076

norwegianne 10-18-2006 06:57 AM

Princess Nathalie was interviewed in Billed Bladet last week, stating that she had a boyfriend, but that her parents hadn't met him yet.

She's also the focus of a book that came out in October, "Mitt liv med heste": https://documentas.dk/udgivelser/2006..._med_heste.htm ("My life with horses")

CasiraghiTrio 10-18-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy
Here's Princess Alexandra at Graaston with her two children sitting next to her mother, Princess Benedikte.:flowers:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1154618076

Thank for clearing it up, Mandy. I thought it was Nathalie. They look very much alike. I thought it was strange that Nathalie was there, with Alexandra's kids, but no Alexandra, but considered that maybe Alexandra was at Grasten and just skipped out on the photo shoot for some reason. But it makes more sense now I know for sure she is Alexandra. :blush:

GlitteringTiaras 07-05-2008 04:27 PM

A nice interview with Princess Nathalie in which she discusses the upcoming Olympics whereupon she will be representing Denmark. Click here to watch the program

morhange 07-05-2008 08:01 PM

Can anyone translate what she's saying?

I'm looking forward to seeing a royal at the Olympics as a participant! Now that Zara Phillips isn't going to compete, hopefully we'll be able to see Nathalie!

norwegianne 07-06-2008 06:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morhange (Post 795296)
Can anyone translate what she's saying?

I'm looking forward to seeing a royal at the Olympics as a participant! Now that Zara Phillips isn't going to compete, hopefully we'll be able to see Nathalie!

She's talking about the upcoming selection for the Olympics. The Danish group is being selected today - they're selecting 3 riders from 4 contenders. Nathalie has not been selected the past two Olympics, but points out that she's the only one who has beaten the rider who everybody views as a safe bet on the team in the past years.

She also talks about how she doesn't feel like a typical princess, and doesn't use her title. - Being a princess, it isn't me. I prefer the country, and walking around with mud under my shoes. Oh, the long dresses can be nice.

norwegianne 07-07-2008 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 795382)
She's talking about the upcoming selection for the Olympics. The Danish group is being selected today - they're selecting 3 riders from 4 contenders. Nathalie has not been selected the past two Olympics, but points out that she's the only one who has beaten the rider who everybody views as a safe bet on the team in the past years.

She also talks about how she doesn't feel like a typical princess, and doesn't use her title. - Being a princess, it isn't me. I prefer the country, and walking around with mud under my shoes. Oh, the long dresses can be nice.

According to Ekstrabladet, Princess Nathalie has been selected to ride on the Danish team. She will be riding Digby.

dazzling 07-08-2008 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne (Post 796033)
According to Ekstrabladet, Princess Nathalie has been selected to ride on the Danish team. She will be riding Digby.

That is great news. She has done quite well in the past year, I am pretty sure she wont be dissapointing at the games. Will she aslo participate in the individual dressage ?

JessRulz 07-17-2008 09:15 AM

Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Nathalie: Alexander er min kæreste

Article and picture about Nathalie and her long-time boyfriend Alexander Johannsmann, a man we've never seen/known much about until now

norwegianne 07-17-2008 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 796420)
That is great news. She has done quite well in the past year, I am pretty sure she wont be dissapointing at the games. Will she aslo participate in the individual dressage ?

No, just the team, from what I have understood. :flowers:

EDIT: Apparently I was misinformed. Nathalie will indeed be participating in the individual dressage after qualifying with her scores in the team competition. :flowers:

Next Star 08-17-2008 11:56 PM

To me respresenting your nation in an international event like the olympics is one of the greatest honors.Congrats to Nathalie on being chosing for the Danish national team.

sneeuwklokje 08-18-2008 06:42 AM

And many more congrats for winning team bronze!!:flowers::flowers:

Regina 08-18-2008 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 800027)

Article and picture about Nathalie and her long-time boyfriend Alexander Johannsmann, a man we've never seen/known much about until now

Since when they started dating? Does anywone know?

sgl 08-20-2008 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 812905)

How exciting for her! Congratulations to Nathalie and Denmark.

GrandDuchess 08-21-2008 06:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Regina (Post 812950)
Since when they started dating? Does anywone know?

I think she first mentioned having a boyfriend in 2006.

Regina 08-22-2008 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess (Post 814118)
I think she first mentioned having a boyfriend in 2006.

Ok, GrandDuchess ::flowers: thanks. They look happy together. A new royal wedding in Denmark would be nice.

Congratulations to Nathalie and to Denmark!

Tricota 08-30-2008 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sneeuwklokje (Post 812905)

That was a very nice performence...:flowers:

principessa 07-09-2009 05:31 PM

Princess Nathalie achieved twice the forth place at the CHIO riding championships.

Prinzessin Nathalie zweimal Vierte beim CHIO - Bad Berleburg - DerWesten

lyndaW 07-12-2009 01:52 PM

I am a bit confused, so someone help me out..please. Gustav owns the castle they all live in, not his father Richard, so Gustav is considered a German citizen (although his mother Benedikte is a Danish born Princess of the King of Denmark). the oldest daughter is Alexandra (GermanPrincess living in Paris), Nathalie lives with her parents & brother in the castle in Germany but is considered a Danish Princess and rides under the Danish flag---not the German flag.
Nathalie very rarely is included in any events with thee Danish Royal family..........WHY ?? Her parents, brother & his girlfriend Carina Axelsson, and older sister Alexandra are included......??????????????

Are any of these three friends with Joachim (after all the German Castle is really not that far from Scchackenborg--couple of hours driving ??)

I have never seen Nathalie with Marie or Mary ????

sgl 07-24-2009 11:06 PM

Princess Nathalie won first place in a dressage competition. She was in first place with Digby in one of the events, and second place with Rigoletto in another. This competition is important, as it will determine who will represent Denmark at the European championship in England this August.

Prinsesse Nathalie suverænt i front - Politiken.dk

Lumutqueen 07-25-2009 06:21 AM

:previous:
Well done, Princess Nathalie. Does mean she represents Denmark at the European Championships?
:flowers:

dazzling 07-25-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lumutqueen (Post 970537)
Well done, Princess Nathalie. Does mean she represents Denmark at the European Championships?
:flowers:

She could but there are alos other riders who might represent, im guessing the trainer or committe will choose in the next few days.

This is really good news. She has been doing really well lately, I do wish to see her at the top of this game. Thanks Sgl for the info.

Lumutqueen 07-25-2009 06:45 AM

Ahh thank you dazzling. I wasn't quite sure by the article. :flowers:

sgl 07-25-2009 11:05 AM

You're welcome! It sounded to me like she was in 1st place at this time. I don't know if there are more events coming up, or if this is something that I missed with the translation. I really hope that she rides for Denmark in the championship.

grevinnan 07-25-2009 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JessRulz (Post 800027)

Looks like a younger version of her dad.

Tricota 07-26-2009 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lyndaW (Post 965499)
I am a bit confused, so someone help me out..please. Gustav owns the castle they all live in, not his father Richard, so Gustav is considered a German citizen (although his mother Benedikte is a Danish born Princess of the King of Denmark). the oldest daughter is Alexandra (GermanPrincess living in Paris), Nathalie lives with her parents & brother in the castle in Germany but is considered a Danish Princess and rides under the Danish flag---not the German flag.

Gustav is born in Germany (Frankfurt-am-Main). Alexandra and Nathalie were both born in Copenhagen, Denmark.

sgl 07-26-2009 04:56 PM

Princess Nathalie has won the dressage championship today, and will compete for Denmark in August:

Billed-Bladet - Prinsesse Nathalie er Danmarks bedste dressurrytter

dazzling 07-28-2009 07:24 AM

26-07-2009 Gudme Princess Nathalie zu Berleburg, here with her parents Princess Benedikte and Prins Richard, won the Danish Equestrian Championship at Broholm Castle in Gudme.

Picture Gallery PPE

iceflower 08-26-2009 05:09 PM

Pics 26.8.2009

Princess Natalie at the Alltech FEI European Dressage
Championships on her horse Digby, at Windsor Castle,
UK, August 26, 2009.

She was supported by her boyfriend Alexander Johannsmann
(pic 3) and her mother Princess Benedikte (pics 5+6).
What a pity that Queen Elizabeth wasn't around.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

sgl 08-26-2009 06:48 PM

The photos are great, but none of them look very happy. Does anyone know how Princess Nathalie did in this event?

principessa 08-27-2009 07:08 AM

DerWesten.de has a report about Princess Nathalie.

Die Prinzessin und der Macho - Sport - WP - DerWesten

sgl 10-17-2009 03:52 PM

Princess Nathalie's horse became spooked during the World Cup this weekend. The princess was riding for Denmark, and has now had to drop out of the competition.
spn.dk - Prinsessens hest blev bange

Neither the Princess nor her horse were injured. The horse apparently became spooked by a light in the arena.

dazzling 10-17-2009 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 1006192)
Princess Nathalie's horse became spooked during the World Cup this weekend. The princess was riding for Denmark, and has now had to drop out of the competition.
spn.dk - Prinsessens hest blev bange

Neither the Princess nor her horse were injured. The horse apparently became spooked by a light in the arena.

This is quite dissapointing news. P.Nathalie has been doing so well lately its a shame this had happened but things like this do happen no matter what level you are.
Better luck next time.

dazzling 11-22-2009 05:57 AM

Princess Nathalie showed up for the first time in public with her boyfriend of 2 years to an event which was held by her mother.
The press asked if they were engaged and she said no, not yet.
translated article

sgl 11-22-2009 11:11 AM

I didn't know that she had a boyfriend. They look very happy in the photo. The article just says that he is German; it doesn't seem to mention what he does. Does anyone know? Is he also involved in the equestrian world?

iceflower 11-22-2009 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sgl (Post 1022280)
I didn't know that she had a boyfriend. They look very happy in the photo. The article just says that he is German; it doesn't seem to mention what he does. Does anyone know? Is he also involved in the equestrian world?

He's connected to the equestrian world through his family! The family has
produced several riders, including Alexander's father and they are involved
in transporting horses. He himself works for an uncle's equestrian transport
business. So they obviously have a lot of shared interests :smile:.

sgl 11-22-2009 05:26 PM

:previous: Thanks, Iceflower! I would imagine that whomever Nathalie marries must have a love of horses. Did they meet through an event?

grevinnan 11-22-2009 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dazzling (Post 1022187)
Princess Nathalie showed up for the first time in public with her boyfriend of 2 years to an event which was held by her mother.
The press asked if they were engaged and she said no, not yet.
translated article

Look like a younger version of her dad.

dazzling 11-23-2009 02:48 AM

Not sure where they met, but I have come across a picture (on another forum) where he was attending last year an event which Nathalie was participating in. He was pictured sitting on the side line watching her.
It was at a dressage event in summer 2008.

lyndaW 11-23-2009 12:42 PM

Nathalie spends a lot of time in Denmark, does she reside in her parents aspartment at the castle, or does she have her own apartment in Denmark ?
Although she spends a great deal of time in Denmark she never seems to be included in the Danish Royal Family events (although her parents, brothers and girlfriend, as well as her sister are included) !!!

NotAPretender 01-14-2010 11:08 AM

Hmmm - a post vanished. At any rate, there is a new thread that talks of this, but of course the best newest current event for the princess is her engagement. Good times!

iceflower 04-03-2010 04:21 AM

Despite her pregnancy (5th month) Princess Nathalie has competed
at the Dressage World Cup in the Netherlands and made the 6th place
last week. She rode on her horse Digby and according to experts
it was a nice and solid ride of good technical difficulty. The following
article also says that it's been the last competition before the birth
in July, but that Princess Nathalie plans to already take part in the
World Championships in Kentucky in the USA in September as this
was one of her biggest dreams. Impressing! :smile:

** Gravid Nathalie deltog i World Cup-finalen **

Lumutqueen 04-03-2010 06:28 AM

Wow, she's unstoppable.
I like that she carries on what she loves while pregnant.
She could use her training for the championships as a weight loss program. :smile:

sgl 04-03-2010 11:18 AM

Good for her! I didn't realize pregnant women could ride this far into their pregnancies (I've never been pregnant, so I'm pretty clueless). I have read that Digby is her favorite horse, and I'm pleased to see that she will still visit Kentucky in the fall. I wonder if she'll bring the baby with her (read: I hope to see photos of Nathalie and the baby in Kentucky).

Maura724 04-03-2010 11:47 AM

Is it safe to ride when you're pregnant? I really don't know anything about horses...or pregancy for that matter.

I woule love to see the baby, too, sgl, but I doubt she'll bring it because I think you would be suicidal if you tried to travel all the way from Germany to Kentucky with a 2-month-old. ;)

Lumutqueen 04-03-2010 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maura724 (Post 1065230)
Is it safe to ride when you're pregnant? I really don't know anything about horses...or pregancy for that matter.

I woule love to see the baby, too, sgl, but I doubt she'll bring it because I think you would be suicidal if you tried to travel all the way from Germany to Kentucky with a 2-month-old. ;)

It's only recommended when the lady is between 1-3 months pregnant. As horse riding is a jerky, bouncy activity, it can put a lot of strain on the ligaments that support the womb.

You could get serious injuries and problems if you continue with vigorous activities after her 4 month.

I suppose that because she's been doing this for a while, it has less risks but it's her first pregnancy, she should be taking extra care. :ermm:

NotAPretender 04-19-2010 07:56 PM

I like this couple. They seem grounded!

dazzling 06-13-2010 04:05 AM

Princess Nathalie & Alexander is pregnant with a boy who is due next month (last week of July) according to BB

Lumutqueen 06-13-2010 06:17 AM

Another boy in the DRF how wonderful, will they stick by the no name release before the christening?

lyndaW 06-14-2010 02:54 PM

Could Queen Margrethe give a title to the baby ??

iceflower 08-22-2010 11:29 AM

Princess Nathalie competed at her first Horse Competition after the birth
of her baby boy 4 weeks ago and she won the dressage competition in
Bernstoffparken, yesterday, August 21, 2010. Her parents were present
as well.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 **

Lumutqueen 08-22-2010 02:40 PM

Congratulations to her for winning, good to see she's back on the horse so soon.

Marika86 08-28-2010 07:55 AM

New article on "Billed Bladet":
Billed-Bladet - Nathalie til ridestævne med baby - se billederne

dazzling 09-29-2010 03:19 AM

Danish Princess Nathalie zu Sayn-Wittgenstein rides her horese Digby during the World Dressage Championship at the World Equestrian Games in Lexington, Kentucky, September 28, 2010.

ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ANP

Tiggersk8 10-01-2010 01:49 AM

I still say it's beyond impressive she's competiting this soon after having her son. It's really not *that* long since the lil guy was born and as someone who follows Amateur/Olympic Sport...I'm really impressed.

For those of us in Canada, CBC's Bold channel will be showing tomorrow's Dressage Freestyle Finals from the World Equestrian Games starting at 7pm EST. Channel 512 for those who are also on Shaw Direct's Satellite Service. We'll have company here for the weekend, so I hope I get a chance to see her compete. Especially as I love Dressage and only get to see it once in a blue moon.

iceflower 12-21-2010 04:18 AM

Billed-Bladet has an extremely cute gallery of new pics of Princess Nathalie
and little Konstantin. In the short interview Nathalie says she would be
ready for a second child and that the christening will take place on the
second day of Christmas at the chapel of Berleburg.

** Baby-billeder: Prinsesse Nathalie er klar til én mere ** translation **

Stefanie 12-22-2010 08:17 AM

Wonder whether she´ll still have a church wedding. No announcement so far. And in case she´ll have a second child soon I believe there will be none.

PetraHel 12-22-2010 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefanie (Post 1179472)
Wonder whether she´ll still have a church wedding. No announcement so far. And in case she´ll have a second child soon I believe there will be none.

Their church wedding is scheduled for spring 2011, probably May, AFAIK.

dazzling 12-29-2010 02:47 AM

According to this blog, the little Prince has been christened in Germany.

GodParents

Crown Princess Mary
Prince Gustav of Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg
Ann-Kathrin Johannsmann

iceflower 12-29-2010 03:08 AM

Here's a German article about it that says that the court chamber of
Wittgenstein-Berleburg has released the news item with the details,
the blog entry has quoted it. Unfortunately no press was present ;)

** Kronprinzessin Mary ist Patin in Bad Berleburg ** translation **

dazzling 12-29-2010 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 1182070)

Here's a German article about it that says that the court chamber of
Wittgenstein-Berleburg has released the news item with the details,
the blog entry has quoted it. Unfortunately no press was present ;)

** Kronprinzessin Mary ist Patin in Bad Berleburg ** translation **

The translation isn't very clear when it came to stating if Mary was in attendance or not. When did this take place? I hope we do get details of other family members attending.

iceflower 12-29-2010 05:27 AM

It says that Crown Princess Mary was present and that it has taken
place on the second Christmas Day, Sunday, December 26! :flowers:

Muhler 01-06-2011 07:03 AM

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2011.
Nathalies lille Konstantin - Nathalie's little Konstantin.
Written by Annelise Weimann.
https://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige...Berleburg.aspx

The christening of Konstantin Gustav Heinrich Richard Johannsmann took place in the chapel of Schloss Berleburg on the 26th December. He was then five months and two days old. He wore the same christening gown Nathalie herself wore and little Konstantin will not get a title. That's because his father Alexander Johannsmann hasn't got a title.

The wee Konstantin did not cry but contended himself with looking inquisitive the guets present. And they were few and consisted of the closest relatives.
Nathalie's older sister and her husband could not attend.
After the christening there was a dinner.

There is no mentioning whatsoever of the presence of Mary or other members of the DRF, nor any hint that they were supposed to be present.

Sternchen 01-06-2011 07:41 AM

I thought Mary was a godmother?

Muhler 01-06-2011 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sternchen (Post 1186156)
I thought Mary was a godmother?

Dunno.

No mentioning of Mary at all in the article.

Stefan 01-06-2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1186163)
Dunno.

No mentioning of Mary at all in the article.

But it was said in the Press release from the Berleburg Family after the christening. So little Konstantin's name is Johannsmann not zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Johannsmann which was saif after the birth?.

Muhler 01-06-2011 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1186189)
But it was said in the Press release from the Berleburg Family after the christening. So little Konstantin's name is Johannsmann not zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Johannsmann which was saif after the birth?.

No, according to the article, the boy will not have a title. And his surname is Johannsmann.

Stefan 01-06-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 1186197)
No, according to the article, the boy will not have a title. And his surname is Johannsmann.

Thanks. Yes it was said after his birth that the zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Johannsmann would be the surname. He can get no title as we don't have titles anymore but it's possible to combine the name of both parents for the child which this would have been. Bu it's much too long.

NotAPretender 01-08-2011 10:03 PM

Perhaps someone stood in for CP Mary as proxy for the baptism, especially since she probably had some travel restrictions.

That is one cute baby! Mom seems happy as a clam in those pictures.

Sternchen 01-09-2011 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1186209)
Thanks. Yes it was said after his birth that the zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg-Johannsmann would be the surname. He can get no title as we don't have titles anymore but it's possible to combine the name of both parents for the child which this would have been. Bu it's much too long.

Isn't there also a restricition on how long a surname can be?

NotAPretender 01-12-2011 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sternchen (Post 1188560)

I couldn't find the law itself, but this is a forum for English-speaking expats living in Germany, and there seems to be a limit on hyphenation of last names.

Giving your children two surnames - Germany

Quoting from within that thread:

:::
Anyway, here is the German law:

:::

1. Wenn beide Elternteile zum Zeitpunkt der Geburt des Kindes einen gemeinsamen Ehenamen führen, erhält ihr gemeinsames Kind diesen als Nachnamen.

1. You are married and share a common married last name, kid gets this last name.

2. Wenn die Eltern zum Zeitpunkt der Geburt keinen gemeinsamen Ehenamen führen, ihnen aber die elterliche Sorge gemeinsam zusteht, müssen sie gemeinschaftlich entscheiden, ob das Kind den Familiennamen der Mutter oder den des Vaters erhalten soll.
Können sich die Eltern nicht einigen, überträgt das Familiengericht die Entscheidung einem der beiden Elternteile. Die Bildung eines Doppelnamens als Kombination der Familiennamen beider Elternteile ist nicht zulässig.

2. No common married last name but both in custody of the child -> you have to decide which last name the kid gets. If you can't decide the court decides which parent gets to choose the name. You may not create a double name!

3. Etwas anderes gilt, wenn ein Elternteil das alleinige elterliche Sorgerecht innehat. Dann erhält das Kind den Familiennamen des sorgeberechtigten Elternteils. Die Eltern können sich aber auch auf den Familiennamen des nicht sorgeberechtigten Elternteils verständigen.

3. Not married, sole custody -> parent in custody chooses the name, and it may be the non-custody parent's name!

4. Kommt es später zur Begründung des gemeinsamen Sorgerechts für das Kind, so können die Eltern den Familiennamen des Kindes neu bestimmen. In diesem Fall müssen die Eltern zwischen dem von der Mutter und dem vom Vater zu diesem Zeitpunkt geführten Namen wählen.

4. If common custody is later decided on the parents can choose a new name but have to decide if it should be the mother's or father's current (not former common married!) name.

So, the last name has to be one or the other. Yeah, choose a last name and give the kid the other as a middle name.

:::::

Looking further into that thread, it would appear that if Princess Nathalie could provide documentation that a long surname is accepted practice in Denmark (where she is a citizen,) then the longer surname will be allowable.

Stefan 01-12-2011 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sternchen (Post 1188560)

Don't know but look for example at Sabine Leutheusser-Schnarrenberger or some of the nobles who also have pretty long surnames like Prince zu Hohenlohe-Waldenburg-Schillingsfürst, von Ratibor und Corvey i believe not.

Sternchen 01-12-2011 11:01 AM

Stefan, I don't mean the number of letters, but the number of hyphens that are allowed :smile: IIRC Rebecca Simoneit-Barum wanted to add the name of her husband to her name, and that was not allowed to change her name to Siemoneit-Barum-Bauer :smile:

NotAPretender 01-12-2011 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sternchen (Post 1190363)
Stefan, I don't mean the number of letters, but the number of hyphens that are allowed :smile: IIRC Rebecca Simoneit-Barum wanted to add the name of her husband to her name, and that was not allowed to change her name to Siemoneit-Barum-Bauer :smile:

Yes, if you read the links provided in my prior post, you will see that it's the hyphen(s) that cause/s agita.

Muhler 01-13-2011 08:07 AM

A note in Billed Bladet #02, 2011.

Informs us that Mary indeed was godmother to the little Konstantin, even though she wasn't physcially present.

Tilia C. 01-13-2011 09:28 AM

I am desperate for the date of the religious wedding. I think last year it was said to be in spring, so shouldn't they soon announce the date?

Stefan 01-13-2011 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1190870)
I am desperate for the date of the religious wedding. I think last year it was said to be in spring, so shouldn't they soon announce the date?

Yes i also hope that i will soon be known. It was said in early Summer or Spring but in a warmer time of the year.

Tilia C. 01-13-2011 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1190892)
Yes i also hope that i will soon be known. It was said in early Summer or Spring but in a warmer time of the year.

I have to admit that I can hardly await to see the Khedive of Egypt tiara worn by a happy bride once again. It makes perfectly sense to wait for the warmer time of the year. But the longer they wait to announce the date, the more I fear that they are planning a small, down-to-earth, initmate, financial-crisis-aware, close-friends-and-family-only wedding. I would really like to see some grandeur at a German wedding once again. But this might not fit the tastes of bride and groom.

Stefan 01-13-2011 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tilia C. (Post 1190902)
I have to admit that I can hardly await to see the Khedive of Egypt tiara worn by a happy bride once again. It makes perfectly sense to wait for the warmer time of the year. But the longer they wait to announce the date, the more I fear that they are planning a small, down-to-earth, initmate, financial-crisis-aware, close-friends-and-family-only wedding. I would really like to see some grandeur at a German wedding once again. But this might not fit the tastes of bride and groom.

I think so too but as far as i remeber Prince Richard said last year that they where planning a big Wedding with all relatives.

Tilia C. 01-13-2011 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1190905)
I think so too but as far as i remeber Prince Richard said last year that they where planning a big Wedding with all relatives.

That is good to hear! He should throw a jolly good party for his daughter!

agami.pearl 01-13-2011 03:07 PM

I hope for a big wedding too. The christening was small and intimate ceremony (I only saw 1 photo in BB) so I can't wait to see P Nathalie as a bride.

lilibeth77 01-24-2011 08:36 PM

Agami .. I'd love to see that pic on BB .. could you post it please?

JessRulz 01-24-2011 09:28 PM

Nathalie and Alexander following their civil wedding ceremony.

Viv 01-27-2011 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stefan (Post 1122705)
They are civil married, which is according to the law in Germany. The religious Wedding will take place in May or June next year. As for the names both have keept their names after the marriage. And for the names of chidlren there are many options here and they apparently choose to combine the name of both parents.

As far as I know this is the also the norm in the Netherlands! First the civil, the legally binding act at one location, and then the optional church ceremony! This two-step procedure is unknown in many countries, where the legal formalities are dealt with in connection with the church wedding.
Considering the time span in between the civil ceremony and the church ceremony we'd call it a 'blessing ceremony' in Denmark! Anyway, it's not a wedding as such since Nathalie and Alexander are legally married and arrive at the church as husband and wife. IMO the question is whether the couple will go for a 'big white' arrangement or a more subdued ceremony. In a way I'm sorry that the festivities won't be taking place in Denmark, Princess Nathalie is a Danish citizen and she has done Denmark proud at the Olympics.

Viv

FasterB 01-27-2011 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viv (Post 1198453)
As far as I know this is the also the norm in the Netherlands! First the civil, the legally binding act at one location, and then the optional church ceremony! This two-step procedure is unknown in many countries, where the legal formalities are dealt with in connection with the church wedding.
Considering the time span in between the civil ceremony and the church ceremony we'd call it a 'blessing ceremony' in Denmark! Anyway, it's not a wedding as such since Nathalie and Alexander are legally married and arrive at the church as husband and wife. IMO the question is whether the couple will go for a 'big white' arrangement or a more subdued ceremony. In a way I'm sorry that the festivities won't be taking place in Denmark, Princess Nathalie is a Danish citizen and she has done Denmark proud at the Olympics.

Viv

I agree with you, Viv, it would be nice if the "blessing ceremony" took place in Denmark :smile:

Maura724 03-03-2011 08:50 PM

Muhler, are Margrethe and Henrik coming to the US this summer? :flowers: Do you know where? I would LOVE for it to be somewhere near me! ;)

Muhler 03-04-2011 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maura724 (Post 1212175)
Muhler, are Margrethe and Henrik coming to the US this summer? :flowers: Do you know where? I would LOVE for it to be somewhere near me! ;)

Yes, in the first half of June. I don't know more as yet.

But Washington should be a safe bet.

As this is an official visit and as QMII is head of state, she is bound by diplomatic protocol to at least drop by and say hi to the US President.

Follow up on Maura724's question:

QMII have often visited the Danish decendants living in the north central USA, I wonder if they won't do that again.
So up the river from where you live, Maura724 and you are there. Almost...;)

Maura724 03-04-2011 11:55 AM

Thanks, Muhler!

Washington is definitely too far to go just to see them, although I would love to see them in person - it's a 2 1/2 hour flight. I'm going to Washington for a week in the middle of May to visit a friend, naturally not while they might be there. Oh well.

Most of Iowa would be any easy enough drive in a day, as would northern Illinois and some of southern Wisconsin...outside of that it's too far.