The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Chit Chat (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/)
-   -   Something Funny (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f235/something-funny-8384.html)

samitude 12-31-2005 11:08 AM

Something Funny
 
Year 1981

1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament.
4. Pope Died

Year 2005


1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament
4. Pope Died


In the future, if Prince Charles decides to remarry ... please warn the
Pope!!




ElisaR 12-31-2005 11:16 AM

The Pope didn't die in 1981. John Paul II was elected in 1978.

Paula** 12-31-2005 11:52 AM

something wrong :(

Dennism 01-05-2006 11:13 PM

Yes but Liverpool did win the European Champions' Cup in 1978. :D

crisiņaki 01-05-2006 11:19 PM

If you are looking for similitudes you should check Frederik&Mary and Felipe&Letizia: the engagement, the wedding, the birth of their kids, their christening; it's like they are living parallel lives

Toledo 01-06-2006 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki
If you are looking for similitudes you should check Frederik&Mary and Felipe&Letizia: the engagement, the wedding, the birth of their kids, their christening; it's like they are living parallel lives

I wonder what would happen if Leonor and the Danish Prince fall in love twenty years from now and decide to marry without renouncing their thrones. That will bing to a spectacular close the parallel lives of Fred, Mary, Leti and Felipe.

Maxie 01-06-2006 12:03 AM

Well, it may be wrong, but it'll never do harm to warn the pope nevertheless, don't you think? ;)

(We got a beautiful saying about warning someone when it doesn't seem necessary to warn him in Dutch, which is 'Een gewaarschuwd man telt voor twee'. Can't translate it though... sorry about that. I only have an English-Dutch dictionary. :p It's about time I get the other one too, so I can bore you to death with some acient Dutch wisdom... :rolleyes: )

Elise27 01-06-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toledo
I wonder what would happen if Leonor and the Danish Prince fall in love twenty years from now and decide to marry without renouncing their thrones. That will bing to a spectacular close the parallel lives of Fred, Mary, Leti and Felipe.

That would be nearly impossible to carry out for leonor and the danish prince.

Marengo 01-06-2006 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maxie

(We got a beautiful saying about warning someone when it doesn't seem necessary to warn him in Dutch, which is 'Een gewaarschuwd man telt voor twee'.

A warned person counts for two...(?)

Smilla 01-06-2006 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo
A warned person counts for two...(?)

Why does a warned person count for two?

ksenia 01-06-2006 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toledo
I wonder what would happen if Leonor and the Danish Prince fall in love twenty years from now and decide to marry without renouncing their thrones. That will bing to a spectacular close the parallel lives of Fred, Mary, Leti and Felipe.

we are also assuming that Leonor will inherit the throne from her father.

justi 01-06-2006 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samitude
Year 1981

1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament.
4. Pope Died

Year 2005


1. Prince Charles got married
2. Liverpool crowned soccer Champions of Europe
3. Australia lost the Ashes tournament
4. Pope Died


In the future, if Prince Charles decides to remarry ... please warn the
Pope!!




Yes I got this in an email. Very funny.
Prince Charles better not marry again I hate it when we lose the Ashes:mad:

Muhler 11-02-2014 11:38 AM

I guess this belongs here: When the royals masquerade | Royalista
(May I suggest a thread with general royal pics, a kind of mixed royals gallery).

A gallery of royals masquerading.
I can imagine the fashion threads being much more lively if this was their "work-clothes".

QMII & PH in the Renaissance: https://royalista.com/wp-content/imag...ons--h=500.jpg

Madeleine and Victoria around 1770. And CP around 1700. https://royalista.com/wp-content/imag...ons--h=500.jpg

TLLK 11-02-2014 12:37 PM

^^^Part of me believes that Margrethe would enjoy dressing like this more often considering her interest in costume design.

Muhler 11-02-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 1716471)
^^^Part of me believes that Margrethe would enjoy dressing like this more often considering her interest in costume design.

And PH! Let us not forget him! I think he would feel very much at home at the court of Louis XIV and Louis XVI - And I don't think he would be the least flamboyantly attired among those present. :cool:

That simply calls for video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZoDC7ufRUh0

GrammaSueSue 11-02-2014 06:46 PM

I would very much like to see C&C have a Charity Masquerade Ball...That would be fun!!!


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises