The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   British Royals (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/)
-   -   William and Harry's Friends (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/william-and-harrys-friends-8315.html)

Dman 05-05-2014 06:03 AM

Congratulations to newly married couple Guy & Lizzy. They brought the royals to Memphis this weekend (via @Kontji) pic.twitter.com/Ab4QHFgwg9

LadyCatharine 05-05-2014 07:39 AM

Gorgeous and happy couple

AdmirerUS 05-05-2014 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cepe (Post 1662730)
That painting seems to be a combo of surrealist art (Dali?) and this lovely painting by David Hockney of Mr and Mrs Clark and Percy. [ Percy is the cat, MR Clark, the dress designer Ossie Clark and Mrs Clark was the fabric designer Celia Birtwell]

https://www.tate.org.uk/art/images/wo.../T01269_10.jpg

LOL. It shares too much with that Kluge painting of the Royal family of Denmark (Danish royal family look more like the Addams family in creepy official portrait | Mail Online) . Kluge puts himself into his portraits, likes to place them in front of "meaningful" works of art, contrive to include objects with symbolic meaning, take positioning from other works of art, etc. Just like this portrait. The old masters did it better, I think.

Dman 05-05-2014 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyCatharine (Post 1662860)
Gorgeous and happy couple

It's an okay picture. It would've been nice if Guy had lips to actually kiss his wife, lol.

Queen Camilla 05-06-2014 01:58 AM

Forget about bride & groom, what about the fox?

That was one handsome groom(cake).

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/...57_306x423.jpg

Princess of Durham 05-07-2014 07:49 AM

It has just occurred to me ... has anyone seen a picture where Lizzie is actually LOOKING at Guy. I've seen looking up, down, sideways etc., but I don't recall seeing one where she is really looking at HIM. Anyone else?

wyevale 05-07-2014 08:38 AM

She has the whole of the rest of their life together to stare at him over the dinner table...!

iisuzieii 05-07-2014 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dman (Post 1663008)
It's an okay picture. It would've been nice if Guy had lips to actually kiss his wife, lol.

I totally noticed that..but, I thought it looked more like she was leaning her head away...it was probably just bad timing of the photo...but, why would someone publish that pic when it looks like she's not into it....I am sure there is a photo in the set done that it looks right..but, this pic did the couple no justice...

Dman 05-07-2014 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iisuzieii (Post 1663323)
I totally noticed that..but, I thought it looked more like she was leaning her head away...it was probably just bad timing of the photo...but, why would someone publish that pic when it looks like she's not into it....I am sure there is a photo in the set done that it looks right..but, this pic did the couple no justice...

I agree, I actually thought he was trying to sniff her, lol.

Zonk 05-07-2014 09:22 AM

Considering that these are all paparazzi shots I don't think we are going to see any pics of Guy and Lizzie. Its not like we saw them come out of a church, is it?

Princess of Durham 05-07-2014 03:55 PM

It's just that usually engaged couples look, well ..... engaged. :) If they were not walking beside one another in their pictures there wouldn't be a clue that they are together in any way. I just think it's strange that I have not seen one picture where she is actually looking at him. Maybe I just missed them. As to their having a lifetime together to look at one another, that's true but normally people who are "attached" look at one another certainly in the beginning. It frequently goes down hill from there. Haha

Dman 05-11-2014 11:10 PM

William's pal bags his very own princess: Old Etonian friend James Tollemache marries in magnificent Somerset wedding-
William's pal bags his very own princess: Old Etonian friend James Tollemache marries in magnificent Somerset wedding | Mail Online

Spheno 05-19-2014 05:07 PM

JARDINE-PATERSON On 4th May 2014 to Emilia (nee D'Erlanger) and David, a son, Leo Arthur Pownell.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!to...ws/AasYQP-2OI0

Skippyboo 05-19-2014 05:47 PM

That's Georgie playmate #3 from his godparents after Ollie Baker's son, and cousin Mia.

HereditaryPrincess 05-30-2014 02:24 PM

Quote:

A close friend of Prince William refused to puff into a police breathalyser after he 'panicked' knowing he was close to the drink drive limit, a court heard today.
Nightclub owner Guy Pelly was pulled over while driving his £90,000 Audi R8 GT V10 Coupe through London’s Knightsbridge, in the early hours of May 28 last year, after visiting an exclusive club he owns.
At first the 32-year-old refused to give a sample at the roadside before being arrested and taken to Belgravia Police Station to be tested on a more complex machine.
Too posh to puff: Prince William's friend Guy Pelly refused to take breathalyser test by roadside when police pulled him over on suspicion of drink driving | Mail Online

GömdNatt 06-17-2014 08:12 PM

rumors are that Jake Warren's wife is expecting and Harry could be a Godfather.

julliette 06-19-2014 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GömdNatt (Post 1677278)
rumors are that Jake Warren's wife is expecting and Harry could be a Godfather.

Has that been confirmed? Where did you read the rumour?

Dman 07-25-2014 12:32 PM

Martin @WindsorEditor · 7h
RT @SkyNewsBreak: Duke of Cambridge's friend Guy Pelly found guilty of drink driving in his £90,000 sports car

Dman 08-06-2014 05:26 PM

Holly Branson and Husband Freddie and Expecting Twins-
Why I’m supporting, not joining, the Virgin STRIVE Challenge - Virgin.com

Rudolph 08-26-2014 01:58 PM

Ben Fogle and wife Marina left 'devastated' after she suffers stillbirth at 32 weeks | Mail Online
Quote:

Ben Fogle and his wife Marina are 'devastated' after she suffered a stillbirth at 32 weeks.
The couple - whose son Ludo was born in 2009 followed by daughter Iona in 2011 - have revealed the tragic news and explained that Marina is still in hospital.
Their spokesperson said in a statement: 'Tragically Marina and Ben Fogle have lost their precious baby at 32 weeks gestation.
'Marina is still in hospital. They are obviously devastated and would appreciate their privacy at this terrible time. They thank you for your understanding.'