The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: December 2005-January 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/prince-of-wales-and-duchess-of-cornwall-current-events-10-december-2005-january-2006-a-8271.html)

Elspeth 12-15-2005 05:01 PM

Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall Current Events 10: December 2005-January 2006

Welcome to part 7 of the thread for current news and pictures of Charles and Camilla.

The old thread is here:

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...-6-a-8072.html

Skydragon 12-16-2005 04:59 PM

Camilla looked super at tonights gala performance. The dress/coat looked to be a slate blue or grey and I just love the 'rocks' she is wearing.:)

Princejohnny25 12-16-2005 05:40 PM

Camilla looks nice. The outfit is alright. The jacket is a nice blue velvet. I hope the jacket comes off and we can see the dress under. It is blue, her favourite color this month. Im a bit bored of it but it is a nice color. She does have wonderfull jewelry on. But then again she always does. I love it. Is it hers from her family, charles or the BRF collection. She rode in the same car as the Princess Alexandra so I guess they are good friends. I dont know how to post getty images so who ever does feel free to post.

HRHAmy 12-16-2005 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon
Camilla looked super at tonights gala performance. The dress/coat looked to be a slate blue or grey and I just love the 'rocks' she is wearing.:)

Do you have pictures of the Gala performace event? Or are they posted somewhere esle? I would love to see them!:)

LaMinka 12-16-2005 05:47 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Here HRMAmy.. from Getty and its more there

Duchess 12-16-2005 06:04 PM

i think she always looks great...once again it's just the hair! i know she probably won't change it now but i wish she would update the style...maybe a wee bit shorter and not so big.

ysbel 12-16-2005 06:23 PM

I love the dress - its so dark its almost black. And the darks set off the gorgeous diamond necklace very well.

HMQueenElizabethII 12-16-2005 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
Camilla looks nice. The outfit is alright. The jacket is a nice blue velvet. I hope the jacket comes off and we can see the dress under. It is blue, her favourite color this month. Im a bit bored of it but it is a nice color. She does have wonderfull jewelry on. But then again she always does. I love it. Is it hers from her family, charles or the BRF collection. She rode in the same car as the Princess Alexandra so I guess they are good friends. I dont know how to post getty images so who ever does feel free to post.

The Duchess has worn the same dress with Tiara when she was attending a Reception and Dinner on the last night she was in America last month.Yah, its right that the Duchess and Princess Alexandra and the late Sir Angus were really good friends, The Duchess did attended his Funeral and Memorial Service, and at the Jubilee Concert the Duchess sat next to Sir Angus as well.

sara1981 12-16-2005 10:41 PM

Prince's villagers in CCTV plan
https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/e...et/4534278.stm

wymanda 12-17-2005 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duchess
i think she always looks great...once again it's just the hair! i know she probably won't change it now but i wish she would update the style...maybe a wee bit shorter and not so big.

The thing is that Camilla has very strong facial features and her hairstyle softens that somewhat. A shorter, more severe style would accentuate her strong features & heavyish chin,

love_cc 12-17-2005 02:09 AM

Charles and Camilla at Royal opera

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/16122005/34...yal-opera.html

love_cc 12-17-2005 02:17 AM

Why Charles's face is very red? It is always nice to see them being ease with each other. Maybe that's why Camilla is glad to accompany Charles in his engagement. Navy is her color of this month. We shall we what's the color for next month. Camilla looks nicer and nicer. I am happy that she has found much fun in her royal life than I have thought.
By the way, what's the color of Camilla's eyes? Looks green but not emarld or a bright green?

Gladys 12-17-2005 04:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
The Duchess has worn the same dress with Tiara when she was attending a Reception and Dinner on the last night she was in America last month.

Are there any pictures from that event? I can't remember seeing this dress before.

Skydragon 12-17-2005 05:10 AM

I must get my eyes tested, it looked to be a saxe/slate blue dress with a slightly deeper blue coat, to me. It certainly looks dark blue in the getty photos.
They both look so happy together, it's almost like having a new Prince Charles as well!:)

Skydragon 12-17-2005 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII
The Duchess has worn the same dress with Tiara when she was attending a Reception and Dinner on the last night she was in America last month..

Do you have a picture from the American trip showing this outfit? I can't find one in the relevant thread.:)

carlota 12-17-2005 06:20 AM

camilla deserves an a for the job she is being doing. although her position is quite difficult she is being doing duties alone since a long time and seems quite into the job. i'm really happy for her. not only the british people are starting to like her, but the relationship with her in-laws seems to be getting better everyday...

grevinnan 12-17-2005 11:47 AM

Perhaps the blue dress she is wearing is the same one she wore to her first tiara event but with a lace overlay.

We are probably seeing the real Camilla. Prior to the wedding she was "just" a lover and had to blend into the back ground for Charles' sake. Now we are seeing the real Camilla her longtime royal friends and Charles have known her whole life.

However, the make-over she is getting is certainly very well orchestrated and carried out. Charles wasn't kidding when he said Camilla wasn't negotiable. His complete and very public adoration for her is making her so much more likeable - whether she deserves it or not is at this point irrelevent.

Incas 12-18-2005 12:07 AM

It's really kind of cute for him to refer to her as "his darling wife" all the time. I always thought he is more old fashioned and reserved about feelings.

Perhaps I'm too tired, Camilla has either slimmed down or the evening dress was very well designed. Either way, she looked great, especially in this picture.
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1134773220

Princejohnny25 12-18-2005 09:41 AM

I can never tell what Camillas true figure is. Change the lighting one bit and her figure changes. Every outfit changes her figure too. Its strange. Charles usually is reserved about his personal feelings. When asked if he was happy in the 60 minutes interview he avoided answering it.

Princejohnny25 12-18-2005 10:09 AM

Camilla will be named personally in the Prayers at the Christmas service at Sandringham. The link to the Times isnt working for me so I cant post a link though.