The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Prince Christian, Current Events 1: November 2005 - July 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/prince-christian-current-events-1-november-2005-july-2006-a-7914.html)

stellam 12-29-2005 04:26 AM

I thought the names of the Godparents of DRF babies' are revealed on the day of the baptism together with the baby's name.

Stellad

Sancia 01-01-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellad
I thought the names of the Godparents of DRF babies' are revealed on the day of the baptism together with the baby's name.

Stellad

Let's say that, if the christening is covered by the danish television, the attendance of some guest will give clues before the names of the godparents are revealed.

gaby1985 01-04-2006 09:50 AM

A new picture of mary & llilleprinsen
https://www.billed-bladet.dk/default....ails&Item=3713

Royal Fan 01-04-2006 02:59 PM

awwwww hes the sweetest :) He and Leonor (sigh) they make my heart melt

EmmieLou 01-04-2006 05:08 PM

Oh thanks for the picture.

Where is Mary going? Is that steps to a plane? I love seeing these candid pictures, that picture makes her look so normal and like a real first time mum.

UserDane 01-04-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Oh thanks for the picture.

Where is Mary going? Is that steps to a plane? I love seeing these candid pictures, that picture makes her look so normal and like a real first time mum.

Yes, she is boarding a plane from Aalborg (in the north of Jutland) to Copenhagen with the baby. According to the article, Frederik, Mary and their baby spent New Year in Jutland where they stayed with friends. Frederik went to Copenhagen by car.


Noelle9982 01-04-2006 06:21 PM

Hum, wonder why they didn't go together...

Harmony 01-04-2006 06:23 PM

I think it is for security reasons.

Noelle9982 01-04-2006 06:26 PM

Do they travel separatley often? I didn't think so but it makes sense.

pdas1201 01-05-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noelle9982
Do they travel separatley often? I didn't think so but it makes sense.

They travelled seperately (Mary and Fred) because Mary had Lilleprinsen with her. Since, the heir and the heir's heir can't travel together, as God forbid, if anything happened to the heir or the heir's heir, the other one would still be there.

purple_platinum 01-05-2006 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdas1201
They travelled seperately (Mary and Fred) because Mary had Lilleprinsen with her. Since, the heir and the heir's heir can't travel together, as God forbid, if anything happened to the heir or the heir's heir, the other one would still be there.

i just heard about this.
i thought it was okay for the heir's heir to travel with his/her parents.
i saw this with Amalia and WA & Maxima, and Ingrid Alexandra with Haakon & MM.
but, probably different method is taken in denmark, right?

Noelle9982 01-05-2006 10:30 AM

I'd like to get more information on this if possible. It's very interesting that the three of them can't travel together. Is it just by air or is it by car too? Is it only certain distances? etc. etc.

norwegianne 01-05-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noelle9982
I'd like to get more information on this if possible. It's very interesting that the three of them can't travel together. Is it just by air or is it by car too? Is it only certain distances? etc. etc.

It's not the three of them: it is only the Crown Prince and the little Prince who can't travel together. Same as the Queen and the Crown Prince don't travel together. It is mostly planes, I think.

It's quite a common practise in the royal families, actually. Except that Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra seem to travel together ... But Haakon and the king doesn't.

Noelle9982 01-05-2006 11:47 AM

You're right, Anne, I'm sorry!

I just meant that the princess, baby and Fred won't be seen traveling together because Fred and the baby can't be together. But Fred and Mary or Mary and the baby can fly together. Sorry for the confusion!

moosey60 01-05-2006 11:54 AM

William couldn't travel with Charles when he was younger for the same reason.

Wow! Victoria is a very popular choice for godmother. Ingrid Alexandra, Constantinos Alexios (Greece), Amalia, uhhhh...maybe one or two more. And now Lilleprinsen! Does she actually see any of them?

paca 01-05-2006 01:26 PM

When he was younger only? What changed since then?

Emmily 01-05-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosey60
William couldn't travel with Charles when he was younger for the same reason.

Wow! Victoria is a very popular choice for godmother. Ingrid Alexandra, Constantinos Alexios (Greece), Amalia, uhhhh...maybe one or two more. And now Lilleprinsen! Does she actually see any of them?

Actually William and Charles did travel together when William was a baby. The family went to Australia, I believe it was, on a Royal Tour. And everyone was very surprised that the two of them went on the same plane.

corazon 01-05-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmily
Actually William and Charles did travel together when William was a baby. The family went to Australia, I believe it was, on a Royal Tour. And everyone was very surprised that the two of them went on the same plane.

you're right. the first time what them travel together was in august of 1982. go to london-scotland.

Eliza 01-05-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corazon
you're right. the first time what them travel together was in august of 1982. go to london-scotland.

And i believe that was the first time they broke with tradition about a heir and future heir travelling together!

purple_platinum 01-06-2006 12:59 AM

yes, this is what confuse me a little bit.
this is the 1st time i've seen heir's heir doesn't travel with his parents.
i realized a sovereign & a heir cannot travel together.
we've seen this when the royals arrive for felipe & letizia's wedding, i.e. victoria cannot travel with carl-gustav, and so on.

but, a 'baby' royal heirs do indeed travel with his/her parents, i.e. amalia travel with wa & maxima when they arrived at madrid, ingrid alexandra travel with haakon & mette-marit when she went to iceland, madrid, jordan.

so, what makes denmark follow different tradition? a more cautious method?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:04 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises