The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Prince Christian, Current Events 1: November 2005 - July 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/prince-christian-current-events-1-november-2005-july-2006-a-7914.html)

Idriel 12-06-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie
Unfortunately, some kids inherit the worst of both worlds!:eek:

Totally sorry to interrupt this festival of well-wishing, congratulations and kindness, but can the new born have a little break.
He will spend his life being criticized and bashed for the most ridiculous (or sometimes real) reasons, like any other princes, on this forum and elsewhere.
For the time being, that would be very sweet if the comments remains positives since he has done nothing creditable/judgeable yet. So we get it, some of you think he is a yellowish ugly baby, let's move on now... (rolling eyes out of their orbits)

betina 12-06-2005 04:48 PM

It was just a fact that i made with that many kids get more pretty with the age. I was not critisizing him

Idriel 12-06-2005 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by betina
It was just a fact that i made with that many kids get more pretty with the age. I was not critisizing him

I was really not referring to you: you were actually a breath of fresh air after a series of foul posts :).

Guest, I have no idea, maybe because there were OS pictures (Amalia and Charlotte)?

Anita 12-06-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollyemma
hmmm.... he's not very cute imho. he kinda looks like he is still in the womb.


I don't think he is cute either . But, who knows, maybe he will become cuter with time ...:)

Ethel 12-06-2005 05:36 PM

Well I think the little prince is a beautiful baby and will become even prettier with time, how can't he when both parents are gorgeous???

samitude 12-06-2005 05:40 PM

I think they released the photos for us to A) see how he is growing; B) because they know everyone likes new pictures and maybe the paparazzi will keep off their backs; C) They release them later then when they were taken so they won't have to release new Christmas pictures. Also, they know there will be a hoard of new photos at the christening in January; D) We finally get to see "Den lille Prins" (I love that phrase by the way!) with his eyes open! They've been closed at all the rest of the photo shoots.:)

Ethel 12-06-2005 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Idriel
Totally sorry to interrupt this festival of well-wishing, congratulations and kindness, but can the new born have a little break.
He will spend his life being criticized and bashed for the most ridiculous (or sometimes real) reasons, like any other princes, on this forum and elsewhere.
For the time being, that would be very sweet if the comments remains positives since he has done nothing creditable/judgeable yet. So we get it, some of you think he is a yellowish ugly baby, let's move on now... (rolling eyes out of their orbits)


You are totally right Idriel. We are talking about a baby here!!! How hard is it to keep it positive??

moosey60 12-06-2005 05:53 PM

Ahaha! His pictures make me laugh! His expression is so cute, he looks so expressive and alert!

I think he has Frederik's eyes as of now...but maybe they'll turn darker in time. Adorable! His nose is a little too big for his little face, but of course he'll grow into it soon enough :P

I hope his first name isn't "Christian". I realize it's tradition, but there should be some variety...I.e. Name Christian Name Name of Denmark. It could be Nikolai, Felix and Mathias. Nikolai and Felix are kinda' modern-sounding names.

regardez 12-06-2005 07:08 PM

According to neonatal jaundice "usually lasts 8 days in normal births, or to around day 14 in premature births". So because these pictures were taking on the 14th of November (and he is being breastfed, which also increases the appearance of jaundice) it makes sense that he was still a little yellow in them. I'm sure it is all gone by now. I don't think it takes away from his cuteness. I think these pictures are much better than the first offical portraits because his eyes are open. I love how alert he seems!

nouwrein 12-06-2005 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollyemma
because his name will be Chrstian. :D

i dont really get why they released these photos. they're not in anyway different from the earlier ones. except perhaps that M and F wanted to reassure us that the yellow skin tone was not permanent.

Me too, and I'm relieved I'm not the only one who find the baby not so cute :o But I'm sure he'll grow handsome with time. Are the baby pictures airbrushed/photoshopped?

Royal Fan 12-06-2005 10:25 PM

he looks soooooooo cute :)

sara1981 12-06-2005 10:42 PM

Princess Mary's boy before camera
https://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E661,00.html

Danielle 12-06-2005 10:44 PM

I'm upset that people are calling the little prince 'ugly' and 'yellow'. He's only a baby and already people are resorting to name-calling. Every child is a beautiful miracle and if those people who are being mean can't see that, then I don't know what to say. I think he's adorable and precious, and I have no doubt that Mary and Frederik feel the same way about their son. So please, could people refrain from calling him ugly?

Margrethe II 12-06-2005 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle
I'm upset that people are calling the little prince 'ugly' and 'yellow'. He's only a baby and already people are resorting to name-calling. Every child is a beautiful miracle and if those people who are being mean can't see that, then I don't know what to say. I think he's adorable and precious, and I have no doubt that Mary and Frederik feel the same way about their son. So please, could people refrain from calling him ugly?

Here Here Danielle...

"MII"

We all have our own personal views but to call a dear little baby ugly etc, is most pathetic and quite intolerable. We ourselves were all baby's at one stage or another...And to start comparing with other new borns...really!!!

Danielle 12-06-2005 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Here Here Danielle...

"MII"

We all have our own personal views but to call a dear little baby ugly etc, is most pathetic and quite intolerable. We orselves were all baby's at one stage or another...

Thank you, and you are right; we all were babies ourselves at one time. I still can't get over how people can call a child ugly. It makes me very sad, but that's all I'll say on the matter.

bigheadshirmp 12-06-2005 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle
I'm upset that people are calling the little prince 'ugly' and 'yellow'. He's only a baby and already people are resorting to name-calling. Every child is a beautiful miracle and if those people who are being mean can't see that, then I don't know what to say. I think he's adorable and precious, and I have no doubt that Mary and Frederik feel the same way about their son. So please, could people refrain from calling him ugly?

I know that he's only a baby, but what people see is just our perception side of things...i have to agree that maybe he isn't so attractive when he was born (definitely not ugly as you say..)....BUT ...it's not like it will be permanent! i think he'll grow to become cuter and handsomer with time...but..at the moment...i don't think that the little prince is that handsome when compare to other new born baby prince/princess we've on this board so far

regardez 12-06-2005 11:33 PM

I don't think there is anything wrong with saying he was yellow (um...he was?), but I do think it is wrong for people to attack him for it. He's just a wee one.

He defintely looks like Mary around his eyes (but, zooming in on the picture I believe the eyes are blue or grey not brown like hers) and he looks like he has Fred's mouth. Like I said earlier, he does look very aware of his surroundings and attentative. It is so fun to watch babies learn more about their world and life.

Princess BellyFlop 12-07-2005 12:35 AM

Not every newborn is beautiful but every newborn is beautiful to his mother!

In this case, the little Danish prince may not be the most handsome royal baby we have recently seen but he's not an ugly baby either. I guess that because of his handsome father our expectations were quite high and that might be why some are disappointed with his current look.

Let's not forget that he was born by natural birth and didn't have the advantage of the very beautiful Infanta Leonor. C-section babies are almost always perfectly lovely as they didn't have to suffer through the natural human passage of birth.

Australian 12-07-2005 12:44 AM

It is very low of a person to call a baby ugly, i dont know what else to say. I thought only mean old people call babies ugly. Poor kid.

MoonlightRhapsody 12-07-2005 01:02 AM

If you ask me, if I took a look at all the babies born this year, I couldn't tell them apart. They all look the same to me; all of them are cute because babies are cute. I can't see resemblances to their parents, either. Maybe that's because I'm not a parent myself.

Prince Denmark is a cute baby, regardless of the jaundice which is a temporary medical condition. 'Nuff said.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:29 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises