The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Prince Christian, Current Events 1: November 2005 - July 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/prince-christian-current-events-1-november-2005-july-2006-a-7914.html)

carlota 01-25-2006 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daneborn
When they went to Scotland some month ago Mary & Lilleprinsen were on a different plane than Frederik.

they went to scotland? how nice... where they there to meet some family of mary from her father's side? was there any more information on the trip? where were they exactly?
i think the pictures you mean are the ones larzen posted in post 32?

Larzen 01-25-2006 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota
they went to scotland? how nice... where they there to meet some family of mary from her father's side? was there any more information on the trip? where were they exactly?
i think the pictures you mean are the ones larzen posted in post 32?

AFAIK they were on a hunting trip with some family members from the multi-million cooperations LEGO and Danefoss, they flew on planes from the two companies

The pictures I posted are from the New Years trip in Denmark

Royal Fan 01-30-2006 07:57 PM

how do you pronounce Valdemar exactly lol slly question I Know just curious

JessRulz 01-31-2006 02:36 AM

Quote:

how do you pronounce Valdemar exactly lol slly question I Know just curios
Hi Royal Fan, i think this is how you pronounce Valdemar:
Vaal-deh-mar (mar like in the greek version of the name 'Marco', where you sort of extend the 'a' a little)

bigheadshirmp 01-31-2006 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Little_star
"I believe the way the "rule" is stated, Fredrik and Christian simply can not fly together. Car, Train and Boat are all okay...simply plane is restricted. At least that's the way thing worked out in the UK."

Isn't that a rule that applies to most Presidents and Prime Ministers as well? It definitely applies to the American President and VP. It's just practical.

but....it is known that flying a plane is way more safer than driving a car?! In researches, it is reported you are more likely to die in a car accident than a plane crash

ingenue 02-01-2006 03:24 PM

baby Christian is SOOOO cute, looks like mommy :)

Lasse Pedersen 02-02-2006 06:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carlota

I do not know exactly where they went, but I do know that they went to visit some Danish friends, of the founding family of Danfoss, who own hunting grounds in Scotland. And I am almost positive, though completely unconfirmed, that TRH the Crown Prince Couple visited members of the Donaldson clan.

/Lasse Pedersen

Lasse Pedersen 02-02-2006 06:13 AM

TRH the Crown Prince Couple of Denmark have accepted an invitation to participate in TRH the Crown Prince Couple of Norway's newborn son Sverre Magnus' christening. The Royal Danish court informs that HRH Prince Christian will join his parents on the trip. Press Secretary to the Royal Danish Court, Lis M. Frederiksen informs: "As long as the little prince is breastfed, he will travel with his parents".

Furthermore, she confirms that TRH the Crown Prince Couple have plans to travel to Australia with HRH Prince Christian. However, the Press Secretary emphasises that this visit will be strictly private!

/Lasse Pedersen

pdas1201 02-04-2006 04:45 PM

The posts made about Prince Christian's name, like why isn't is so so?? or why I would prefer this name?? have been moved to christening thread https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...06-a-8173.html The logic being, that was the day he received his name, if you have any questions regarding his name and want to discuss your personal preference for it, take your posts to the christening thread and keep them there.

pdas1201
Danish Supermoderator

P.S. This is about Prince Christian and not about his mother. If you want to discuss Mary's appearance or her similarities with movie stars, do so in the appropriate thread.

Kelly 02-08-2006 05:26 PM

Does anyone know if Prince Christian will be appearing in any new function anytime soon?

Royal Fan 02-08-2006 05:38 PM

umm I Think the Christening in Norway next month :)

Kelly 02-08-2006 05:47 PM

Thanks, although I think the two infants will be rivaled for photography!

Lasse Pedersen 02-08-2006 05:59 PM

According to an article in Billed Bladet, HRH Prince Christian has his very own scholarship. The article (which can be seen here: https://www.billedbladet.dk/default.a...ails&Item=3798) reads in translation:

Prince Christian is to hand out money
Prince Christian is now barely four months old, and although he is at the moment not perceiving much else than his mother's safe embrace, he is already doing his royal duties.

The day after the festive christening in Chistiansborg Palace Chapel, he received his first scholarship which bears his name. "The Prince Christian Scholarship" is a present to the Crown Prince Couple and their son, given at the occasion of the Royal Chistening by Australian "Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute", who does a lot of research in heart diseases. An area particularly important to the Crown Princess.

The first receiver of the scolarship - a Danish cardiologist or scientist - is to travel to Australia as soon as later this year. And Mary will probably help choosing the lucky candidate in the first many years until Lilleprinsen can do the honourable duty himself.

/Lasse Pedersen

Kelly 02-08-2006 06:21 PM

Very good for Prince Christian! Already performing royal duties.

Royal Fan 02-08-2006 10:07 PM

yay!!! cute and dutiful :)

Kelly 02-10-2006 04:41 PM

I read his first official outing will be to Germany and then to Turin, italy for the winter olympics.

Royal Fan 02-10-2006 04:54 PM

cool more pics for us! :)

Lasse Pedersen 02-11-2006 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kelly
I read his first official outing will be to Germany and then to Turin, italy for the winter olympics.

As far as I know, only his father, the Crown Prince, will attend the Winter Olympics. And he will do so the day before the entire family goes to Germany. And then in March, the family will attend the christening of HH Prince Sverre Magnus of Norway.

/Lasse Pedersen

killerqueen 02-12-2006 09:05 PM

Congrats to Prince Christian! Already performing royal duties! :)

bluetulip 02-13-2006 01:05 AM

can't wait to see more pics

Royal Fan 02-13-2006 04:36 PM

me either ! hes so cute lol I Love babies so cuddly :)

Kelly 02-13-2006 05:52 PM

Well I read that in a Hello! article that stated that he would be making an official visit to Germany with his parents and later catching the winter olympics.

Sonnenblumenmäd 02-14-2006 04:10 AM

Can't wait to see new pictures of Christian - in the arms of her beautiful mon!

Catharina 02-14-2006 05:18 AM

Ncie to hear that little Christian is doing okay! I can't wait to see new pics of him! :)

englandprincess 02-14-2006 09:10 AM

Christian is definitely the cutest royal baby ever! Well, as far as I can remember!

Liah76 02-14-2006 09:51 AM

Prince Christian is so cute..... a beautifull baby

Royal Fan 02-14-2006 02:30 PM

indeed the most beautiful baby (boy) born to a royal in a long time

EmmieLou 02-14-2006 04:31 PM

Would to see Mary and Christian meet up with Maxima and her girls at the Olympics, I know it is not going to happen but that would have made a great photo.

crisiñaki 02-14-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Would to see Mary and Christian meet up with Maxima and her girls at the Olympics, I know it is not going to happen but that would have made a great photo.

Yeah, just imagine Alexia playing with Christian:rolleyes:
I can't help being a royal matchmaker and since Christian cannot marry Leonor, then Alexia is a great choice:D :D :D :D :D

wimaamal 02-14-2006 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Liah76
Prince Christian is so cute..... a beautifull baby

:eek: I don't agree at all!
He's cute, but beautifull:confused:

Royal Fan 02-15-2006 12:20 AM

Yes Beautiful. all babies are Beautiful :)

Gillian 02-15-2006 08:43 AM

I accept Royal fan, that all babies are beautiful. And prince Christian:))
I hear on the grapevine that little prince arrive in Torino with father,it's true, or not?

norwegianne 02-15-2006 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gillian
I accept Royal fan, that all babies are beautiful. And prince Christian:))
I hear on the grapevine that little prince arrive in Torino with father,it's true, or not?

According to the calendar, only Frederik is in Torino, not Mary - so Christian is probably not either.

galatea_12 02-15-2006 09:20 PM

Prince Christian and Prince Sverre Magnus as best buddies... I would love to see that! :)

soCal girl 02-15-2006 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by galatea_12
Prince Christian and Prince Sverre Magnus as best buddies... I would love to see that! :)

That would be adorable! Two, little boys wrestling each other (for fun of course!) and Ingrid Alexandra just rolling her eyes and Marius laughing....yes, I can see it:D. I bet they would be good friends, especially since their fathers are and they're countries are so close to each other!

pepperann 02-17-2006 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Royal Fan
Yes Beautiful. all babies are Beautiful :)

I agree with you there Royal Fan! All babies are beautiful! Just as all people are beautiful in their own way. But not all people or babies are photogenic though. Perhaps that is what the other people meant. Also, as the saying goes...beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The definition of beautiful is different for everyone, but I still think all babies are beautiful! They're so precious and innocent....beginning of a new life, where the future is all theirs.

Kelly 02-21-2006 05:54 PM

Will he be making any new appearances before the norweigan baptism? He is kind of hidden right now in Germany, which of course is understandable.

Lasse Pedersen 02-21-2006 06:09 PM

Quote:

Will he be making any new appearances before the norweigan baptism? He is kind of hidden right now in Germany, which of course is understandable.

Obviously, I am clueless of when we will see His Little Royal Highness again, however I have my doubts that we will see him at the Norwegian Christening. First of all, I think that TRH the Crown Prince Couple want him to be away from the press for as long as possible... and plausible for royalty. Secondly, I would think that it would be very impolite of the couple to bring Prince Christian to the ceremony. That event has to be focused on HH Prince Sverre Magnus and no other I would say!

/Lasse Pedersen

Princejohnny25 02-21-2006 06:59 PM

I dont think they would bring the tiny future king of denmark to a minor princes christening. He would take all the attention. Also, Prince Sverre is not HH.

stellam 02-21-2006 11:44 PM

If Mary is still breastfeeding the Little Prince then he will be in Norway with her and Fred just like MM and Haakon had Prince Sverre with them in Denmark.

Stellad

Alisa 02-22-2006 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I dont think they would bring the tiny future king of denmark to a minor princes christening. He would take all the attention. Also, Prince Sverre is not HH.

I think it's more probable that Mary will did what Mette-Marit (and many other royal mothers have done) did when she attended the Prince Christian's baptism in Denmark. She'll bring the baby, but leave him with his nanny to attend the events.

crisiñaki 02-22-2006 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lasse Pedersen
Obviously, I am clueless of when we will see His Little Royal Highness again, however I have my doubts that we will see him at the Norwegian Christening. First of all, I think that TRH the Crown Prince Couple want him to be away from the press for as long as possible... and plausible for royalty. Secondly, I would think that it would be very impolite of the couple to bring Prince Christian to the ceremony. That event has to be focused on HH Prince Sverre Magnus and no other I would say!

/Lasse Pedersen

So Christian's title is now HLRH?:D
At TRF we have the power to create new titles to adjust to our posts, cool:D :D
What we will call Queen Margrethe next?: HSM (Her Smoking Majesty):rolleyes:
Just joking people, no flames please ;) *ducks piano*

sara1981 02-22-2006 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki
So Christian's title is now HLRH?:D
At TRF we have the power to create new titles to adjust to our posts, cool:D :D

what suppose to means is HLRH? tell me but i think CP couple wanted know of their baby as HRH that it or changes of titles i dont know that

crisiñaki 02-22-2006 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
what suppose to means is HLRH? tell me but i think CP couple wanted know of their baby as HRH that it or changes of titles i dont know that

It's a joke and means His Little Royal Highness as stated in a post before, got it?:rolleyes:

Princejohnny25 02-22-2006 10:52 AM

What I ment was that she wont bring him to the actual christening.

Emi 02-22-2006 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisiñaki

Haha, good one crisinaki!:D That reminds me of the occasional satirical articles about the DRF in Politiken (Danish broadsheet newspaper). I remember they called Prince Joachim His Royal Speedyness or something along those lines, after the whole 'car speeding incident'.

bbb 02-22-2006 03:47 PM

i like it, makes him extra special

lise 02-23-2006 11:28 PM

I love the His Little Royal Highness thing. It sounds kinda cute.

crisiñaki 02-23-2006 11:33 PM

*claps* *claps*

Thanks but I have to give the credit for HLRH to Lasse Pedersen who started the idea, the others you see are completely mine (c) ;) :D

Royal Fan 02-24-2006 03:28 PM

Christan is so sweet oh these are the best years everything so New ,Fresh ,His innocence unspoiled it is my prayer that he lives a very long life :)

Kelly 02-24-2006 03:36 PM

Where is the little prince?

H.M. Margrethe 02-24-2006 04:14 PM

Quote:

Where is the little prince?

I guess he is at home with his parrents her in Denmark :p

pdas1201 03-02-2006 12:02 AM

Prince Christian was present at the christening reception of Jeppe Handwerk's(Christian's godfather) daughter India. For the christening, he was left with his nanny at Amalienborg.

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/391184-post66.html

stellam 03-02-2006 02:04 PM

At this age he strongly resembles the Donaldson family, especially Mary's niece, Molly.

Stellad

Christo's Girl 03-03-2006 01:49 PM

Christian looks like his mother, definately. Very Scottish looks.

laurixa 03-03-2006 05:55 PM

Christian look so big and very cute.

bbb 03-03-2006 06:16 PM

he's growing so much, just precious. i agree, and what a sweet little nose too

Kelly 03-03-2006 06:43 PM

Doesn't he look a lot like CP Fredrick?

lise 03-03-2006 08:04 PM

I think he looks more like Mary.

crisiñaki 03-03-2006 10:13 PM

:D Now Christian is with his parents at Oslo for the christening of his "cousin" Sverre:D

Princess Robijn 03-04-2006 05:52 AM

https://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e1...2/6e6e0a02.jpg

soCal girl 03-04-2006 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Robijn

Too cute! He already has a "royal" persona about him. Christian behaves so well in public, no crying pictures yet (except for the christening) and he just looks so curious.

Royal Fan 03-04-2006 10:02 PM

I Feel the same way hes just so sweet!!!! :)

crisiñaki 03-05-2006 12:16 AM

You know, I would love to see a picture of Leonor, Irene, Alexia, Sverre, Emmanuel and Christian together as babies, that would take the awww factor through the roof:D :D :D

pepperann 03-05-2006 03:21 AM

He's adorable!! Beginning to wonder why there doesn't seem to be a lot of pictures of the little prince. The DRF isn't known to shy away from the camera (they accept the fact that it's a part of being a public figure). Hope we get to see more pics of the cutie pie!

Royal Fan 03-05-2006 03:11 PM

me too :) maybe as he gets older like this Summer or this Christmas I Agree hes a cutie Id just love to hold him hes sooo sweet

alyssaphoebe 03-08-2006 09:23 AM

Prince Christian is an adorable baby, he is cute and sweet!!

Princess Robijn 03-09-2006 06:15 AM

I can't post the pictures I would like to post, because I don't know the source, you can find them on https://royals.web-log.nl/ I'm not sure if these pictures have been posted.. The log is called Christian

Larzen 03-09-2006 06:29 AM

Its the pictures I scanned from Se og Hør and billedbladet:( Here they are (source se og hør and Billedbladet, originally posted in Sverre Magnus christening thread)
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1141757606
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...1&d=1141893814
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1141893814

bbb 03-09-2006 09:58 AM

thanks so much for the photos. OMG he has his daddy's beautiful eyes. He's lovely and seems so sweet natured.

Princess Robijn 03-09-2006 10:38 AM

thank, I didn't realize you already posted the pictures :D

msleiman 03-09-2006 11:49 AM

Such a sweet baby

Royal Fan 03-09-2006 01:03 PM

I Agree so sweet :)

pepperann 03-09-2006 07:38 PM

He's definitely got his dad's blue eyes and his mom's nose. He doesn't have the cute DRF nose, but he's cute nonetheless!

Jo of Palatine 03-10-2006 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pepperann
He's definitely got his dad's blue eyes and his mom's nose. He doesn't have the cute DRF nose, but he's cute nonetheless!

That could probably change while he grows up. My son's form of nose changed from him being a baby to today.

Kelly 03-10-2006 04:10 PM

Yes, he does look like his dad. His eyes and the shape of his head. he is adorable too!

dianae85 03-12-2006 01:15 AM

I think he´s the CUTEST royal baby!!!

shellzbythesea 03-12-2006 04:34 AM

I agree with you pepperann...prince christian does have his father's eyes and mother's nose... I didn't really think he was very cute until i saw the pics of him on his way to norway. he's adorable!

auntie 03-12-2006 04:46 AM

How much has the lil' Prince travelled? From experience with my kids, travelling can be very unsetteling for babies and children.

JessRulz 03-12-2006 04:49 AM

Off the top of my head, Christian has been to Norway and Germany. And I think there is somewhere else....must have skipped my mind!

nokklav 03-12-2006 07:16 AM

and switzerland

soCal girl 03-12-2006 05:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by auntie
How much has the lil' Prince travelled? From experience with my kids, travelling can be very unsetteling for babies and children.

Travelling with kids can be both tiring and unsettling for both parents and children. I'm sure that Mary and Christian's travels are quite different than the average flier. Don't they only fly by private plane with a nanny?

stellam 03-12-2006 06:51 PM

The Lilleprins has also been to Scotland.

Stellad

JessRulz 03-13-2006 03:39 AM

I remember that Christian has been to Switzerland (where we got the pics from of Fred carryign Mary's skis), but when did they go to Scotland? I'm assuming it was to visit some of Mary's family?

mirrjam 03-13-2006 08:36 AM

gribforest hunt?? I remember something like that, that was in Scotland right?

Kelly 03-13-2006 03:16 PM

Isn't he also making a visit to Australia this year too?

corazon 03-13-2006 04:35 PM

christian is a very cute baby! he look a lot like mary.

JessRulz 03-13-2006 08:09 PM

An Australian trip was planned this year, but because of all the events over the cartoon in the Middle East, the trip was cancelled. Even if they did come, it would only have been a private visit I think

Princejohnny25 03-13-2006 09:06 PM

The baby is already a jet setter. I think if he would have come to australia it would have been a private visit. I think their trying to play down the whole australian connection.

Royal Fan 03-13-2006 10:18 PM

I Think if he goes to Australia theyll all go Ga - Ga over him ( and why shouldnt they eh :) )

Piaa 03-14-2006 01:47 AM

According to one latest aussie gossip magazine Mary is a lot more relaxed and happy in her latest outings now that Frederick has let her come to Australia with the baby later this year for a private trip......

Louise 03-14-2006 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mirrjam
gribforest hunt?? I remember something like that, that was in Scotland right?

I'm sorry, no. The Grib-forest hunt is a royal hunt in the north of Sealand. But in all fairness I believe that Frederik and Mary, and Christian of course, went to Scotland for a hunt, but I don't know where.

Kelly 03-14-2006 04:22 PM

They are in Scotland?

pdas1201 03-15-2006 01:30 AM

Can we get off the topic of where Christian is at the momemt?? He is with his parents in Denmark, and should they go on a trip and he accompanies them, you'll find out about it. There is no need to post the same question over and over, this leads to filling up of the threads faster and contributes nothing.

pdas1201
Danish Family Supermoderator

P.S. Should you have and questions/comments about the warning, contact me via PM. Any discussion taking place upon the warning will be deleted.

Madison 03-15-2006 03:23 PM

Prince Christian is really cute with those beautiful limpid blue eyes:)

EmmieLou 03-16-2006 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Madison
Prince Christian is really cute with those beautiful limpid blue eyes:)

Do you see blue eyes? I have heard others say that too but I see big brown eyes like his mothers when I look at the pictures. Not sure now which is correct.

Australian 03-16-2006 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Do you see blue eyes? I have heard others say that too but I see big brown eyes like his mothers when I look at the pictures. Not sure now which is correct.

I saw some pics of Christian with brown eyes and then only recently i saw some pics of him with big blue eyes. But don't babies eye colour change at some point, Christian's seem to have happened dramatically!

Princess Robijn 03-16-2006 08:04 AM

Maybe it's the light?? :confused:

Kelly 03-16-2006 11:02 AM

Well, I heard that babies tend to have blue eyes as newborns (although he's almost out of that). The pictures I have seen they look blue to me.

Royal Fan 03-16-2006 11:51 AM

I Think they are blue. :)