The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/)
-   -   Prince Christian, Current Events 1: November 2005 - July 2006 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f216/prince-christian-current-events-1-november-2005-july-2006-a-7914.html)

purple_platinum 12-08-2005 10:54 AM

article from Herald Sun :

Princess Mary's boy before camera
07dec05

THE future of Denmark will rest in these tiny hands one day. Proud parents Crown Prince Frederik and his Australian-born wife Princess Mary have released fresh pictures of their "little Kingaroo" as they finalise preparations for his christening next month.

https://www.heraldsun.news.com.au/com...55E663,00.html

moby 12-08-2005 11:05 AM

little kangaroo?!!!?? poor, poor, boy! :D

Margrethe II 12-08-2005 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moby
little kangaroo?!!!?? poor, poor, boy! :D

Or 'Kingaroo' as he has been so affectionately dubbed by the Danish media ;) :D

"MII"

mariita 12-10-2005 10:50 PM

I think all babys are cute!!!

ysbel 12-10-2005 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Or 'Kingaroo' as he has been so affectionately dubbed by the Danish media ;) :D

"MII"

No, no, no MII, that is the Australian media. :D The Danish media keeps it to den nye lille prins.

I have to admit, I like the sound of den nye lille prins a lot better. Sounds like a character from a Hans Christian Anderson story. Kingaroo just doesn't sound dignified enough for a future king. :p

Margrethe II 12-11-2005 05:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysbel
No, no, no MII, that is the Australian media. :D The Danish media keeps it to den nye lille prins.

I have to admit, I like the sound of den nye lille prins a lot better. Sounds like a character from a Hans Christian Anderson story. Kingaroo just doesn't sound dignified enough for a future king. :p

I was sure it orginated in Denmark first ysbel, but I could be mistaken. Are there any Danish members who can confirm this?

Of course anything in a foreign tongue sounds more romantic than it does in english :D I mean, it is most darling but all den nye lille prins really means is 'the new little prince' . 'Kingaroo' is a play on words in regards to half 'den nye lille prins' heritage, just as he was affectionately 'dubbed by his maternal grandfather (originally from Scotland as you would of course know) the 'wee bairn'.

Personally, (placing the fact that I myself am an Australian and this is by no means a bias view whatsoever, that I assure you), I think the nickname (and that is all it is) is quite cute and meant with the utmost good will, humour and affection.

(Now in Australian mode :) ;) ) I think it perfectly dignified to refer to the future sovereign of Denmark as the 'Kingaroo'. The Kangaroo is Australia's most identifiable & proud macropod (amongst all other wildlife native to this continent) and is not only the emblem of our National Airline (Qantas), but also takes pride of place as one of two native inhabitants (the other being the Emu) on the Commonwealth of Australia's Coat of Arms. And not forgetting the Boxing Kangaroo flag that holds great sentimental value to many, many Autralians...

"MII"

moby 12-11-2005 05:48 AM

i think the nick is very cute and can actually summon chuckles from people.

Margrethe II 12-11-2005 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moby
i think the nick is very cute and can actually summon chuckles from people.

Which in the Australian 'way' and 'sense of humour' (having been adopted/or originating here), I believe is it's purpose moby ;) :)

"MII"

moby 12-11-2005 06:03 AM

Quote:

Which in the Australian 'way' and 'sense of humour' (having been adopted/or originating here), I believe is it's purpose moby ;) :)

"MII"

yeah though at first i thought it was just KANGAROO, instead of KINGAROO. darn i need glasses...:cool:

fromEU 12-11-2005 07:02 AM

Quote:

I was sure it orginated in Denmark first ysbel, but I could be mistaken. Are there any Danish members who can confirm this?

"MII"

You are right. It started in the tabloid Ekstra Bladet. But the danish media in general calles the kid "lilleprinsen".

Margrethe II 12-11-2005 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fromEU
You are right. It started in the tabloid Ekstra Bladet. But the danish media in general calles the kid "lilleprinsen".

Thank you fromEU. I was most certain it originated in Denmark :)

"MII"

Royal Fan 12-11-2005 07:36 PM

He sure is a cutie :)

tabbitha 12-14-2005 04:38 AM

I also agree he has Mary's eyes and he has this cheeky look about him. He's a real cutie pie.. :)

billie-jo 12-14-2005 07:14 PM

I think he looks like frederik but he as marys eyes
billie-jo:(

Layla1971 12-14-2005 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billie-jo
I think he looks like frederik but he as marys eyes
billie-jo:(

Well, I think it's natural for a male baby to tak after his father mostly. I think if they have any daughter's, she/they will take after Mary mostly.

billie-jo 12-14-2005 07:46 PM

yes you are right , i have three boy's thy look like their father.
billie-jo

Margrethe II 12-14-2005 08:20 PM

Although it's still early days yet, I think den lilleprinsen resembles his mother more than his father. The nose, the eyes, mouth etc.

"MII"

Layla1971 12-14-2005 10:00 PM

Quote:

Although it's still early days yet, I think den lilleprinsen resembles his mother more than his father. The nose, the eyes, mouth etc.

"MII"

I've never looked at the pictures side-by-side before, but having just done that, I think you're right on this one MII. Thw eyes, chin (sort of), and mouth of his mother. But, he seems to have the forehead, jawline and basic face structure of his dad. The nose is a bit of both IMO.

Yeah, I had nothing better to do than analyze some pics!:rolleyes: :D

Toledo 12-15-2005 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tabbitha
I also agree he has Mary's eyes and he has this cheeky look about him. He's a real cutie pie.. :)

He does have her eyes and great alertness at such early age.

stellam 12-15-2005 04:07 AM

Lilleprinsen

I think he has his mum's nose, dad's mouth and dad and uncle Joachim's chin.

Stellad

tabbitha 12-15-2005 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toledo
He does have her eyes and great alertness at such early age.

HI Toledo :)
He is such a darling boy.. He must be the apple of his mum and dad's eyes.

Royal Fan 12-15-2005 01:41 PM

i just love his cute little button nose

Margrethe II 12-15-2005 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layla1971
I've never looked at the pictures side-by-side before, but having just done that, I think you're right on this one MII. Thw eyes, chin (sort of), and mouth of his mother. But, he seems to have the forehead, jawline and basic face structure of his dad. The nose is a bit of both IMO.

Yeah, I had nothing better to do than analyze some pics!:rolleyes: :D

"on this one"...hmmmm, are you sure you dont mean most ;) .lol. (j/k)

You go ahead and analyze Layla ;) :D

I agree with you also. His forehead & jawline is very much his fathers.

"MII"

Layla1971 12-16-2005 01:19 AM

Quote:

"on this one"...hmmmm, are you sure you dont mean most ;) .lol. (j/k)

You go ahead and analyze Layla ;) :D

I agree with you also. His forehead & jawline is very much his fathers.

"MII"

Well, someone has an opinion of himself!;) :p

No, really I think this debate will play out over time. His looks are bound to change as he gets older.

Margrethe II 12-16-2005 02:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layla1971
Well, someone has an opinion of himself!;) :p

No, really I think this debate will play out over time. His looks are bound to change as he gets older.

.lol. Well, if it's a crime ;) :D also (j/k). Actually, if anything I state ever makes any sense I shall be one very happy (yet baffled) contributor :p

I couldn't agree more. The little ones looks will change with time as is expected (not to mention, normal...hehe). I am sure he shall be quite the dashing Prince one day!

"MII"

Princess Maxima 12-27-2005 08:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Christmas card 2005 from Mary, Frederik, Lilleprinsen and Ziggy!

By Billed-Bladet

This post is restored and the picture re-posted (attached) by GrandDuchess after having been linked to another user's picture hosting account by the original poster.

samitude 12-27-2005 08:56 AM

What a fantastic beautiful photo! I love it! Lilleprinsen is adorable. I love his tiny little face peeking out of the blanket.

Lila Rose 12-27-2005 08:56 AM

nice picture !:)

Gillian 12-27-2005 09:11 AM

Very Very beautiful family:):) Princess Mary and prince Frederik looks great, baby very cute, and ziggy - nice:)

Adry 12-27-2005 09:18 AM

I liked it too...specially they are possing with Ziggy and it seems he loves the camera..is a very cute picture coming from Fred & Mary:rolleyes:

Mahoogie 12-27-2005 09:31 AM

what a beautiful portrait..so adorable!!!..I think it is so apparent-the baby prince got his mommy's eyes..

Gloriana 12-27-2005 10:03 AM

I like how they included the dog, heh.:)

purple_platinum 12-27-2005 10:24 AM

Today is great..first we get to see Lilleprinsen in his first christmas card, then, little Leonor make her debut appearance at lanzarote...
Do you think Lilleprinsen will have a photo session before his christening?
it would be great..

Alisa 12-27-2005 10:54 AM

I agree.

The photo is absolutely lovely! :) That's how Christmas cards should be imo, we royal watchers deserve at least that much.;)

mtbcm 12-27-2005 12:39 PM

Lilleprinsen is staring adoringly to his mummy... so sweet!
They all, Ziggy included ;) , look great!
Regards,
mtbcm :)

Anna_R 12-27-2005 12:51 PM

The card looks great. I love how Ziggy posed for the camera!:)

I wish that there was a bigger version of it.

Danielle 12-27-2005 04:08 PM

What a beautiful photo/Christmas card of the whole family (including Ziggy)! The little prince looks so sweet and his little eyes are so cute. Aww. I just want to pick him up and hold him (like whenever I see a baby :p). I can’t wait until the baptism.

lise 12-27-2005 07:19 PM

I think it's a really nice photo and I like the idea of including the dog.

Leelot 12-27-2005 07:32 PM

That is a beautiful photo indeed. It makes me wish I knew them and I that I could put it with my other Christmas Cards!

Pink Tulip 12-27-2005 08:14 PM

What gorgeous big eyes and such a cute expression looking at his mummy! He is going to be and is already a very good looking boy, but then he has great genes, doesn't he! ;)

Royal Fan 12-27-2005 10:29 PM

lol He sure does His mom is Gorgeous and his dad is quite Handsome as well I Wish I Could hold him as well God Bless The Family :)

RoyalEnquirer 12-28-2005 01:39 AM

What a beautiful picture of the whole family! I think it's very neat that they included Ziggy. I have a dog and my mom thinks I'm nuts for wanting to buy her birthday and Christmas presents, it's nice to know that royals love their pets too! The little prince is adorable. I think it's hard to tell who he looks like. Give him a couple more months and we'll be able to see a better resemblance to Frederik or Mary. Either way he is bound to be a good looking little guy!

Emily :)

Layla1971 12-28-2005 02:37 AM

I think the pic is great! It shows a warm, and close family - and adding Ziggy may account for the natural element of it. It really is beautiful, does anyone know who took it? I don't think that I've read it here yet. :)

Margrethe II 12-28-2005 02:47 AM

His beloved mum is an undeniable beauty and his dad, quite the dish...this lilleprins is sure to be a very handsome child, teenager and adult.

It is really a very lovely portrait. The colour of the fallen leaves adds to the warmth of it all I find.

Ziggy is quite the darling Border Collie. I love her chocolate and white coat.

"MII"

CasiraghiTrio 12-28-2005 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle
I'm upset that people are calling the little prince 'ugly' and 'yellow'. He's only a baby and already people are resorting to name-calling. Every child is a beautiful miracle and if those people who are being mean can't see that, then I don't know what to say. I think he's adorable and precious, and I have no doubt that Mary and Frederik feel the same way about their son. So please, could people refrain from calling him ugly?

Wow, this is a shock! I never thought anyone would ever say that Fred and Mary's baby was ugly. Geesh,
those two having an ugly child?! Not possible!
:eek:

Little_star 12-28-2005 06:25 AM

A lovely family picture, it's good to see he's over his jaundice now. I still can't tell who he looks like though.

Linda Hsu 12-28-2005 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anna_R
The card looks great. I love how Ziggy posed for the camera!:)

I wish that there was a bigger version of it.

You can find a bigger picture of Frederik and Mary's Christmas card at Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark Message Board as below :

https://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com...showtopic=3784

Cheers

Layla1971 12-28-2005 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linda Hsu
You can find a bigger picture of Frederik and Mary's Christmas card at Crown Princess Mary Elizabeth of Denmark Message Board as below :

Cheers

Thanks Linda! I wanted to see a bigger pic, and you saved me the trouble of looking!:) ;)

capricorninin 12-28-2005 07:54 AM

Lovely card !!! One of the best cards this season with the couple, the kid and the dog.

Between nice to see the little prince again. His expressions are priceless. Quite alert for his age. He seems the adventure seeking type, which would explain why Mary and Fred have been spotted looking tired. He has already joined my list of favorite toddlers. I wonder if I have a soft spot for Scandinavian babies for both Ingrid and Sverre have equally captivated me. It seems that these babies apart from the usual "cuteness" factor have a lot of flair and personality. Gosh, am I waiting for these kids to grow up.

Anna_R 12-28-2005 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Linda Hsu

Cheers

Thank you Linda!

BTW, I know this will sound silly, but Ziggy is a male or a female?:confused:

samitude 12-28-2005 10:24 AM

Ziggy is a female.

sm1939 12-28-2005 10:48 AM

love the picture , they all look fab in it.

grevinnan 12-28-2005 11:15 AM

The baby is adorable - another heartbreaker in the making.
The photo looks like another Photoshop photo however. The propotions are off - Ziggy vs M & F.

Anna_R 12-28-2005 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by samitude
Ziggy is a female.

Thank you for clarifying Sylvia!

ysbel 12-28-2005 12:10 PM

Ziggy is adorable but he's stealing the show from the Lilleprins. Never put your month old baby in a pic with a pet; the pet steals the show everytime. :p

Sancia 12-28-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle
I'm upset that people are calling the little prince 'ugly' and 'yellow'. He's only a baby and already people are resorting to name-calling. Every child is a beautiful miracle and if those people who are being mean can't see that, then I don't know what to say. I think he's adorable and precious, and I have no doubt that Mary and Frederik feel the same way about their son. So please, could people refrain from calling him ugly?
Well, I do think a baby is the most precious thing in the world. Nevertheless, one can not ignore some babies aren't that cutie. The fact they are not cutie doesn't mean they are less precious or a less "valuable" treasure. It's a fact that some babies are less beautiful than others. I was not a cutie baby, and I admit it. For parents, their babies are the most wonderful and precious thing in the world. But some people who are not linked to the babies can find them not cute. We are entitled to say one is not beautiful, without depreciating him. For example, princesses Mabel and Laurentien are not IMO that beautiful, but their work and action are useful and precious.

RoyalEnquirer 12-28-2005 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielane
Well, I do think a baby is the most precious thing in the world. Nevertheless, one can not ignore some babies aren't that cutie. The fact they are not cutie doesn't mean they are less precious or a less "valuable" treasure. It's a fact that some babies are less beautiful than others. I was not a cutie baby, and I admit it. For parents, their babies are the most wonderful and precious thing in the world. But some people who are not linked to the babies can find them not cute. We are entitled to say one is not beautiful, without depreciating him. For example, princesses Mabel and Laurentien are not IMO that beautiful, but their work and action are useful and precious.

I agree with you. I have four little nephews whom I think are the most beautiful children in the world, but others may not think so. You are definitely more partial to children that are in your family. I also think that some babies are more beautiful than others when they are first born, most get their "cuteness" when they are around 3 months old. I personally think that Frederik & Mary's baby is adorable and I'm sure that he is well loved by the Royal family and the people of Denmark for who he is, not how cute he is.

Princejohnny25 12-28-2005 10:13 PM

It has been rumoured by reliable sources that Crown Princess Victoria has been choosen as the bairns godmother. If that is true I think that is a wonderfull choice.

princess olga 12-29-2005 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
It has been rumoured by reliable sources that Crown Princess Victoria has been choosen as the bairns godmother. If that is true I think that is a wonderfull choice.

Aha! Maybe that means his name will be 'Victorio' ?! ;)

Royal Fan 12-29-2005 01:14 AM

H.R.H. Prince Victor Of Denmark

stellam 12-29-2005 04:26 AM

I thought the names of the Godparents of DRF babies' are revealed on the day of the baptism together with the baby's name.

Stellad

Sancia 01-01-2006 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stellad
I thought the names of the Godparents of DRF babies' are revealed on the day of the baptism together with the baby's name.

Stellad

Let's say that, if the christening is covered by the danish television, the attendance of some guest will give clues before the names of the godparents are revealed.

gaby1985 01-04-2006 09:50 AM

A new picture of mary & llilleprinsen
https://www.billed-bladet.dk/default....ails&Item=3713

Royal Fan 01-04-2006 02:59 PM

awwwww hes the sweetest :) He and Leonor (sigh) they make my heart melt

EmmieLou 01-04-2006 05:08 PM

Oh thanks for the picture.

Where is Mary going? Is that steps to a plane? I love seeing these candid pictures, that picture makes her look so normal and like a real first time mum.

UserDane 01-04-2006 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EmmieLou
Oh thanks for the picture.

Where is Mary going? Is that steps to a plane? I love seeing these candid pictures, that picture makes her look so normal and like a real first time mum.

Yes, she is boarding a plane from Aalborg (in the north of Jutland) to Copenhagen with the baby. According to the article, Frederik, Mary and their baby spent New Year in Jutland where they stayed with friends. Frederik went to Copenhagen by car.

Noelle9982 01-04-2006 06:21 PM

Hum, wonder why they didn't go together...

Harmony 01-04-2006 06:23 PM

I think it is for security reasons.

Noelle9982 01-04-2006 06:26 PM

Do they travel separatley often? I didn't think so but it makes sense.

pdas1201 01-05-2006 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noelle9982
Do they travel separatley often? I didn't think so but it makes sense.

They travelled seperately (Mary and Fred) because Mary had Lilleprinsen with her. Since, the heir and the heir's heir can't travel together, as God forbid, if anything happened to the heir or the heir's heir, the other one would still be there.

purple_platinum 01-05-2006 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdas1201
They travelled seperately (Mary and Fred) because Mary had Lilleprinsen with her. Since, the heir and the heir's heir can't travel together, as God forbid, if anything happened to the heir or the heir's heir, the other one would still be there.

i just heard about this.
i thought it was okay for the heir's heir to travel with his/her parents.
i saw this with Amalia and WA & Maxima, and Ingrid Alexandra with Haakon & MM.
but, probably different method is taken in denmark, right?

Noelle9982 01-05-2006 10:30 AM

I'd like to get more information on this if possible. It's very interesting that the three of them can't travel together. Is it just by air or is it by car too? Is it only certain distances? etc. etc.

norwegianne 01-05-2006 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Noelle9982
I'd like to get more information on this if possible. It's very interesting that the three of them can't travel together. Is it just by air or is it by car too? Is it only certain distances? etc. etc.

It's not the three of them: it is only the Crown Prince and the little Prince who can't travel together. Same as the Queen and the Crown Prince don't travel together. It is mostly planes, I think.

It's quite a common practise in the royal families, actually. Except that Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra seem to travel together ... But Haakon and the king doesn't.

Noelle9982 01-05-2006 11:47 AM

You're right, Anne, I'm sorry!

I just meant that the princess, baby and Fred won't be seen traveling together because Fred and the baby can't be together. But Fred and Mary or Mary and the baby can fly together. Sorry for the confusion!

moosey60 01-05-2006 11:54 AM

William couldn't travel with Charles when he was younger for the same reason.

Wow! Victoria is a very popular choice for godmother. Ingrid Alexandra, Constantinos Alexios (Greece), Amalia, uhhhh...maybe one or two more. And now Lilleprinsen! Does she actually see any of them?

paca 01-05-2006 01:26 PM

When he was younger only? What changed since then?

Emmily 01-05-2006 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by moosey60
William couldn't travel with Charles when he was younger for the same reason.

Wow! Victoria is a very popular choice for godmother. Ingrid Alexandra, Constantinos Alexios (Greece), Amalia, uhhhh...maybe one or two more. And now Lilleprinsen! Does she actually see any of them?

Actually William and Charles did travel together when William was a baby. The family went to Australia, I believe it was, on a Royal Tour. And everyone was very surprised that the two of them went on the same plane.

corazon 01-05-2006 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmily
Actually William and Charles did travel together when William was a baby. The family went to Australia, I believe it was, on a Royal Tour. And everyone was very surprised that the two of them went on the same plane.

you're right. the first time what them travel together was in august of 1982. go to london-scotland.

Eliza 01-05-2006 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by corazon
you're right. the first time what them travel together was in august of 1982. go to london-scotland.

And i believe that was the first time they broke with tradition about a heir and future heir travelling together!

purple_platinum 01-06-2006 12:59 AM

yes, this is what confuse me a little bit.
this is the 1st time i've seen heir's heir doesn't travel with his parents.
i realized a sovereign & a heir cannot travel together.
we've seen this when the royals arrive for felipe & letizia's wedding, i.e. victoria cannot travel with carl-gustav, and so on.

but, a 'baby' royal heirs do indeed travel with his/her parents, i.e. amalia travel with wa & maxima when they arrived at madrid, ingrid alexandra travel with haakon & mette-marit when she went to iceland, madrid, jordan.

so, what makes denmark follow different tradition? a more cautious method?

paca 01-06-2006 06:59 AM

Maybe he just had some other things to do 9on his way) and left a bit earlier and she didn't want to travel long hours with the baby in a car (though personally the plane might be more stressful then a car)

norwegianne 01-06-2006 09:31 AM

it takes about four hours to drive, and about half an hour with plane. And Mary had very little time to get dolled up for the kur at Amalienborg...

Daneborn 01-09-2006 04:48 PM

They really seem to like Vendsyssel, it's the second time this year that I know of that they've been up there on private visits. They were also in Blokhus this summer.

Frederik and Lilleprinsen travelling apart has been seen before.

When they went to Scotland some month ago Mary & Lilleprinsen were on a different plane than Frederik.

Now that there are so many heirs in Denmark, I think 6 or 7, they really shouldn't bother all that much about the security of the heirs. I mean, of course it's important they all are safe, but Denmark wouldn't be in a vacuum if both of them were killed in an accident.

And if Denmark runs out of heirs they can always ask the handsome prince Gustav of Berleburg (Margrethe's nephew) if he will become the heir and at the same time release him from his prenuptial headaches that states he has to marry a princess or loose Berleburg.

Princejohnny25 01-09-2006 04:51 PM

Well the others have not been trained to be monarches. It is different if a non trained royal becomes monarch. He could easily be influenced by the wrong people.

Daneborn 01-09-2006 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by norwegianne
it takes about four hours to drive, and about half an hour with plane. And Mary had very little time to get dolled up for the kur at Amalienborg...

There's also the distance to and from the airports. At least 30 minutes in each end even though Mary and Lilleprinsen are VIP's.

I bet Frederik can drive those 350 kilometres faster than 4 hours. Just go to www.tudeprinsen.dk and test his abilities.

Maybe that was his aim ? Finally he got some serious competition to get to Amalienborg (or Fredensborg ?) before Mary :D

Larzen 01-15-2006 06:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Here are some more from the New Years flight
Source: E-Billedbladet 1
The man in the first pic I suppose is the body guard

kaydura0717 01-15-2006 04:19 PM

He looks a little bit like Fred if you did a quick glance.

Lila Rose 01-16-2006 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eliza
And i believe that was the first time they broke with tradition about a heir and future heir travelling together!

Is there a special reason why they don't travel together ?

Princejohnny25 01-16-2006 03:16 PM

Quote:

Is there a special reason why they don't travel together ?
If you read the posts before yours you will see that they dont travel together because there would be a major problem and succesion change if the Crown Prince and his heir were killed. A royal who was not trained to be monarch would become monarch.

Larzen 01-18-2006 08:18 AM

Frederik and Mary has hired another nanny, from before they have the nurse Mette Hansen working for them
Translation from se og hør
Quote:

Mie from Holbæk is 21 years old, and will be incharge of keeping Denmarks future King dry and clean. The Crown Prince has always know to attract beautiful women, now he gets company of another one, the couple has hired Mie Damgaard Kristiansen as a nanny, she is called "Misse" by her friends and is a carefree and "bramfri" (what does that mean) girl that of friends is described as happy, sweet and caring, she loves popmusic and fitness. Her attractive looks makes her a "good catch" and it is said that she loves to dance to disco music in her hometown

Read more in this weeks magazine
https://www.seoghoer.dk/default.aspx?...439&GroupID=51

barakillo 01-18-2006 09:50 AM

I think he's a very beautifull baby. He looks really cute and happy :)

mandyy 01-18-2006 03:46 PM

Australian royal gift could spread disease, Danes warned
SYDNEY (AFP) - A gift of two Tasmanian devils to Denmark's future king -- whose mother is Australian -- could spread a disfiguring disease to other animals, environmentalists warned.
A breeding pair of the feisty marsupials was promised as a gift to the Copenhagen Zoo to mark the birth in October of a son to Tasmanian-born Princess Mary and Danish Crown Prince Frederik.
"People around the world instantly associate the devils with Tasmania and I'm sure the Danes will be thrilled to have two living, breathing examples of the state's unofficial emblem living in their capital city," state Premier Paul Lennon said......................
https://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20060118...l_060118164721

Royal gift could be the devil in disguise
A PLAN to give two Tasmanian devils to Denmark's new royal heir has been clouded by NSW's decision to ban all marsupial imports from the island state because of disease.
The ban is at odds with the decision by Tasmania's Premier, Paul Lennon to lift a prohibition on the export of devils so a pair could be sent to Copenhagen as a gift to the son of Prince Frederik and the Tasmanian-born Princess Mary.
The Tasmanian Greens said the ban, by the NSW National Parks and Wildlife Service, was proof of the risk of transmitting the devastating devil facial tumour disease to other animals.
"We don't believe it is wise to export these devils to Denmark given the lack of knowledge of the disease," said the party's environment spokesman, Nick McKim................
https://www.smh.com.au/news/national/...553651195.html

Alisa 01-18-2006 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Larzen
Frederik and Mary has hired another nanny, from before they have the nurse Mette Hansen working for them
Translation from se og hÝr

I'm a bit confused. Why do they have another nanny? Is it like the "system" that Joachim and Alexandra uses where two sets of nannies work.:confused:

Christo's Girl 01-21-2006 12:48 PM

I thought Mary was not going to employ any nannies at all, never mind 2?

Mandy 01-21-2006 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christo's Girl
I thought Mary was not going to employ any nannies at all, never mind 2?

Mary was never quoted as saying that she would never employ nannies. She actually said that she would be a hands-on mother and that she would be very much involved in the care of her child(ren), but that she would require the assistance of nannies so that she could perform her royal duties.

Eliza 01-23-2006 03:01 AM

I think they more than us normal folks will need the help of nannies.

Fiona 01-24-2006 04:40 AM

How a cute baby .I think he likes Princess mary !!! Woooooooo

MarieLouise 01-24-2006 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
If you read the posts before yours you will see that they dont travel together because there would be a major problem and succesion change if the Crown Prince and his heir were killed. A royal who was not trained to be monarch would become monarch.

I suppose this is a little outdated, but just to correct things - Mary, Frederic and Christian actually travelled up to Vendsyssel together by car, and the reason Mary and Christian flew home alone was that they needed to be back in Copenhagen at a certain point - Frederic went by car which is a long drive (I read the article in Billed-Bladet)

I beleive the whole family has travelled together in the past.

Britters 01-24-2006 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarieLouise
I suppose this is a little outdated, but just to correct things - Mary, Frederic and Christian actually travelled up to Vendsyssel together by car, and the reason Mary and Christian flew home alone was that they needed to be back in Copenhagen at a certain point - Frederic went by car which is a long drive (I read the article in Billed-Bladet)

I beleive the whole family has travelled together in the past.

I believe the way the "rule" is stated, Fredrik and Christian simply can not fly together. Car, Train and Boat are all okay...simply plane is restricted. At least that's the way thing worked out in the UK.

Little_star 01-25-2006 08:26 AM

"I believe the way the "rule" is stated, Fredrik and Christian simply can not fly together. Car, Train and Boat are all okay...simply plane is restricted. At least that's the way thing worked out in the UK."

Isn't that a rule that applies to most Presidents and Prime Ministers as well? It definitely applies to the American President and VP. It's just practical.