The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements and Admin (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Avatar questions and issues (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/avatar-questions-and-issues-7899.html)

BeatrixFan 11-23-2005 11:16 AM

I keep choosing an avatar and it doesn't show so I am thoroughly boring and haven't got a pretty picture by my username. :( Can anyone help?

Warren 11-23-2005 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I keep choosing an avatar and it doesn't show so I am thoroughly boring and haven't got a pretty picture by my username. :( Can anyone help?

What happened to your previous avatar? What you seem to have done is taken out the old one, and replaced it with nothing.

In User CP, Edit Avatar, have you clicked "use custom avatar" (meaning one of your own)?, then 'Browse', ie select from "my pictures" or whatever on your PC, then 'save changes'?
At what point is it failing?
Have you tried using a TRF avatar from the gallery? What happens?
So many questions!

BeatrixFan 11-23-2005 11:36 AM

Well, I tried to change my previous avatar and it shows up in my CP as changed but it doesn't show up on the forums. I'll have a poke around and see what I can find out. The TRF avatars don't work for me either.

BeatrixFan 11-23-2005 11:37 AM

Nope. Nothing happens. I can't get an avatar to show.

Warren 11-23-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Nope. Nothing happens. I can't get an avatar to show.

You've either broken something, or there's a conspiracy to deny you a pretty picture.

BeatrixFan 11-23-2005 12:03 PM

I'm going on the conspiracy theory. But its probably that I've broken something. I'm a bad boy.

LaMinka 12-04-2005 06:06 PM

I can't use an avatar that photofan did make of Lille Prinsen of Norway.

Pease help

Mandy 12-04-2005 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LaMinka
I can't use an avatar that photofan did make of Lille Prinsen of Norway.

Pease help

These problems appear to be related to Andy's new software upgrades and they should be resolved once Andy is done. Meanwhile, please use the avatars from the TRF avatar gallery as it is still functional. Thank you very much for your patience and please bear with us until Andy completes the necessary upgrades and maintenance.

LaMinka 12-05-2005 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mandy
These problems appear to be related to Andy's new software upgrades and they should be resolved once Andy is done. Meanwhile, please use the avatars from the TRF avatar gallery as it is still functional. Thank you very much for your patience and please bear with us until Andy completes the necessary upgrades and maintenance.

Okay..Thanks!:)

lil Monkey 12-05-2005 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren
What happened to your previous avatar? What you seem to have done is taken out the old one, and replaced it with nothing.

In User CP, Edit Avatar, have you clicked "use custom avatar" (meaning one of your own)?, then 'Browse', ie select from "my pictures" or whatever on your PC, then 'save changes'?
At what point is it failing?
Have you tried using a TRF avatar from the gallery? What happens?
So many questions!

It didn't work for me either,I have done soo many times before,but there seems to be a problem.

Princejohnny25 12-10-2005 10:01 PM

When will the maintenances be done. I want to use some custom avatars but they are not working for me.

lise 12-12-2005 01:09 AM

I think I'm having the same problem as lil monkey please let us know when the software upgrade is finished

drimal 12-14-2005 08:47 AM

I can't upload custom avatars!
 
I wanted to change my avatar today by uploading an avatar from my computer (the avatar has been posted here already and has correct size) but after I clicked on "save changes" there was written uploading failed although the avatar appeared in "your current avatar". The custom avatar didn't appear behind my name though!:(

Do others have similar problems with uploading custom avatars or am I the only one? Are the mods working on something for instance?:confused:

Gladys 12-14-2005 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drimal
Do others have similar problems with uploading custom avatars or am I the only one?

I don't want to turn this thread into a "me-too-story" but it seems to be a general problem, for I failed uploading an avatar either. I see my avatar picture in my CP but not on the forums. It would have been my first avatar ever and I hope this problem will get fixed soon. I'd love to have a nice avatar like so many others here ...

lil Monkey 12-14-2005 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gladys
I don't want to turn this thread into a "me-too-story" but it seems to be a general problem, for I failed uploading an avatar either. I see my avatar picture in my CP but not on the forums. It would have been my first avatar ever and I hope this problem will get fixed soon. I'd love to have a nice avatar like so many others here ...

I really hope so too,before new year...

Queen Marie 12-15-2005 03:11 AM

Yep, same problem for me aswell. I've got a fantastic pic of Elizabeth I, but I'll have to stick with Elizabeth II for now.

Warren 12-15-2005 07:43 AM

It appears that the avatar-uploading problem is standard across all vBulletin Message Boards and is an unintended result of the latest vBulletin software upgrade.

Unfortunately this means the problem can't be resolved from the TRF end, and requires a vBulletin software fix.

Thanks everyone for your (continuing) patience. We all want this problem resolved as soon as possible.

The TRF Team


Queen Mary I 12-30-2005 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Warren
It appears that the avatar-uploading problem is standard across all vBulletin Message Boards and is an unintended result of the latest vBulletin software upgrade.

Unfortunately this means the problem can't be resolved from the TRF end, and requires a vBulletin software fix.

Thanks everyone for your (continuing) patience. We all want this problem resolved as soon as possible.

The TRF Team


Thank you for the update. I tried again today but still no luck. At least the problem is software upgrade-and not my computer like I thought! Hopefully it can be resolved soon but in the meantime I'll play with the avatar gallery. :)

Warren 01-04-2006 08:30 AM

Try this...
 
I picked this up elsewhere. I think it refers to when the avatar is showing in 'Edit Avatar' in the User Control Panel, but not in posts on the Board.
Give it a try if you are having this problem, and see if it works.

Warren

Press or click the refresh button while holding the shift and ctrl key together, then the avatar will download from internet instead of from internet cache stored on the computer.

lise 01-04-2006 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drimal
I wanted to change my avatar today by uploading an avatar from my computer (the avatar has been posted here already and has correct size) but after I clicked on "save changes" there was written uploading failed although the avatar appeared in "your current avatar". The custom avatar didn't appear behind my name though!:(

Do others have similar problems with uploading custom avatars or am I the only one? Are the mods working on something for instance?:confused:

That the problem I had when I tried to get an avatar.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises