The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Forum Announcements and Admin (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/)
-   -   Avatar questions and issues (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f19/avatar-questions-and-issues-7899.html)

crisiñaki 08-23-2007 04:17 AM

Animated Avatars

hey, I wanted to ask a question
I used to have an animated avatar (custom made) but I had to ask one of the admins to upload it to the gallery so I was able to use it...
Now it's gone and I tried to upload it both from my PC and from a URL but I always get the message: You may not upload animated avatars or something like that:bang:
Can something be done to fix this, please?
Thanks a lot in advance:flowers:

norwegianne 08-23-2007 11:53 AM

As stated in the announcement thread there was a clean-up in the avatar galleries last weekend. I saved all the avatars that were deleted - for a limited length of time. If yours was one of them - send me a PM with the details - and I'll see if I can get it reuploaded for you.

Norwegianne

LadyK 08-31-2007 09:19 AM

Today, when I'm viewing the threads, very few of the avatars are showing up! The avatars, including mine, show up as the little blue question mark box. Even odder, some do show up. For example, on this thread, I can see Warren and Norwegianne's avatars, but no others, and I see the avatar coco made, but not her actual avatar. Is this an issue on my end or on the forum's?

Lady Jennifer 08-31-2007 09:44 AM

I'm having issues seeing some avatars as well. I can't see Elspeth's or acdc1's.

Avalon 08-31-2007 09:58 AM

I have exactly the same problem as both of you.
If you are using a custom avatar, try to upload it again. If you are using an avatar from the gallery, refresh the setting. Or cruder method, select a random avatar from the gallery, save it, and only then select the avatar you actually want to use.
Crude, but it worked for me.

Empress 08-31-2007 11:45 AM

Well, I am having some issues as well. And I can't even save the avatars at the moment. Vbulletin gives me an error.

Mind you the site did have a melt down this morning, so it probably has something to do with that.

avalon,

Can you explain a bit more in detail what you mean?

Avalon 08-31-2007 12:09 PM

If you are using a custom avatar, do the following:
1) Go to Control Panel > Edit Avatars
2) Select "Do not use an avatar" (it's right next to your avatar)
3) Save
4) Then upload the avatar you want to use again and save again

If you are using an avatar from the gallery:
1) Go to Control Panel > Edit Avatars
2) Select "Do not use an avatar" OR choose another, random avatar from the gallery
3) Save
4) Select the avatar from the gallery you want to use
5) Save

Both options worked for me. Hope it will work for you as well. :smile:

Elspeth 08-31-2007 12:11 PM

I've let Andy know there's a problem and that there seemed to be a glitch with the site earlier this morning which might have something to do with it.

RhapsodyBrat 08-31-2007 01:42 PM

just to let you know that i can't view my avatar as well as those of kimebear, crisiñaki, Lady K. i'll try a couple of other threads first before doing the steps Avalon recommended.

acdc1 08-31-2007 04:35 PM

right now i can only see the Mod avatars, except for Empress'. No others.

Elspeth 08-31-2007 05:38 PM

I can see acdc1's avatar, as well as RhapsodyBrat's and LadyK's. Empress's avatar seems to have reverted to a pizza box but I can see Avalon's and Lady Jennifer's. I'm going to be seriously less than amused, when I switch back to Queen Mary, if she isn't working.

Anyway, at this point we'll just have to wait for Andy to do his thing and hope he can deal with the gremlin.