The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/prince-of-wales-and-duchess-of-cornwall-visit-to-the-us-november-1-8-2005-a-7662.html)

seto 11-03-2005 11:52 AM

I don't actually see the problem people go there to the site dressed in all manor of clothing when I have been I didn't dress up. Because actually all you see is where the buildings were.

pollyemma 11-03-2005 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysbel
That makes sense Elspeth. :)

Congratulations, Emma you got into print! How did you meet the reporter to talk to them?

awww...thanks!

I was just standing outside the White House. with a small crowd when a journalist walked over and asked me if I was there to see Camilla. We probably chatted for 10 minutes, she asked me about how I got interested in royalty etc.

she talked to a number of people but I think I got quoted because I'm the only one who said anything nice about Camilla.

There has been so much negative coverage. I'm very happy I was able, in a small way, to stand up for Camilla.

Elspeth 11-03-2005 12:35 PM

You mean all the other people who were there to see the royal couple were people who didn't like Camilla but had taken the time to go and see her anyway?

seto 11-03-2005 12:47 PM

She looks nice today she is wearing a blue suit.The pictures are up on getty.

Mandy 11-03-2005 12:59 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Yesterday's pictures from Colourpress. Reception at the White House.

BeatrixFan 11-03-2005 01:04 PM

Re;

Those earrings and snake necklace seem to be Camilla's signature set. I like them and I love the earrings on her. They really flatter her but I'd like to see a different necklace with them. I like the snake one but I think a necklace in a similar style to the earrings would look better.

I think Camilla's really got a signature style now. We know what to expect almost and thats re-assuring.

Panther2000 11-03-2005 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alicky
Who made these specific rules and when? I don't believe she's the head of state either. :cool:

Respect it is called,

her stylist probably just picked the wrong outfit for that occasion. It feels like Spring here in New York. But, that is not the place to wear such a color when showing respect as a official Visit.

Panther2000 11-03-2005 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
Usually the royals wear bright colours during the day so as to be easily visible - the exception would be something like the Remembrance Day service at the Cenotaph. In this case, Camilla was doing a bunch of stuff other than going to the memorial site, and she probably dressed in usual royal fashion, in an eye-catching colour.

Since royals aren't usually mingling with crowds in the evening, darker colours are less of a problem as far as being noticed is concerned, so you often see darker evening wear than day wear on the royal ladies.

Yeah, I figured that. But, Still a bad choice. Paying respect to the dead where Thousands died in a country where you are trying to win the publics affections. Well, Just a bad choice. & From what I read she was going to be chaning clothes throughout the day anyways.

It was a nice suit. But, She should have worn the Brighter color for the dinner & the Darker color during the Ground Zero Visit.

Guest2003 11-03-2005 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Are there any pictures of the Bush twins, Jenna and Barbara, and what they wore? I could not find any.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandyy
Jenna Bush (R), daughter of U.S. President George W. Bush, sits at a social dinner with her guest Henry Hager at the White House in Washington November 2, 2005. The rare black tie dinner was held by Bush for Britain's Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, who are on an eight-day visit to the United States. REUTERS/Jason Reed
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&d=1130989482

I think Barbara Bush is currently working with AID victims in Africa. This twin is no air-head, she is a graduate of Yale University. Her twin sister, Jenna, likes to party hard and meet royalty whenever she has the opportunity.

Binky 11-03-2005 01:19 PM

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1131037078

Is Laura touching his tushie?!? LOL

ysbel 11-03-2005 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollyemma
I was just standing outside the White House. with a small crowd when a journalist walked over and asked me if I was there to see Camilla. We probably chatted for 10 minutes, she asked me about how I got interested in royalty etc.

Emma, that's so neat. I'm glad you were able to go. :)

panther2000, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

Did we hear whether they are going to New Orleans? Maybe somebody answered and I didn't see it.

foxy_digitalis 11-03-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Binky
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...6&d=1131037078

Is Laura touching his tushie?!? LOL

Hilarious! The First Lady commits the ultimate party foul. I'm fairly certain official protocol prohibits grabbing the posterior of the future monarch. Silly Americans! :smile:

BeatrixFan 11-03-2005 01:48 PM

Re:

It's very bad form to touch a member of the Royal Family. A mortal sin in some circles.

I think it's now been confirmed that Charles and Camilla are going to New Orleans.

ysbel 11-03-2005 01:53 PM

Thanks BeatrixFan.

Yeah it is against protocol but the Royal Family are used to it. They have to be to be in public so much.

When the Queen went to California, one of the officials kept grabbing her arm to lead her around places. He was just trying to be polite.

Afterwards, one of the Queen's people sent him a thanks and an autographed photo of the Queen with a note, "The Queen was very touched"

She had a sense of humor about the whole thing. :D

Alicky 11-03-2005 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panther2000
Respect it is called,

But, that is not the place to wear such a color when showing respect as a official Visit.

All according to your opinion, no actual laws of/or protocol were broken. Why don't you criticize the others as well? :cool:

sara1981 11-03-2005 02:00 PM

Glittering welcome for Royals visitors in D.C.
https://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...lesandcamilla/

foxy_digitalis 11-03-2005 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
It's very bad form to touch a member of the Royal Family. A mortal sin in some circles.

Quite true, but in all fairness, I think it's safe to say she wasn't actually touching him (at least not in that picture), but probably making the sort of gesture that one often does when showing some sort of polite "following after" if that makes any sense. Let's certainly hope she wouldn't actually touch him there... quelle international incident.

Lady Marmalade 11-03-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skydragon

I didn't agree with the demonstrations against your president when he was in this country, I don't remember what they were about, it's a matter of good manners. I certainly don't agree with someone stalking a woman who married for love.:(

I like Camilla's style, chic rather than the moments fashion. A lot of her outfits don't photograph well but, she has never dressed for the press.
It has been nice seeing all the photo's on here though.

Thank you, very kind of you to post this. :)

I am happy to see respect works both sides of the pond when dignitaries are visiting.

I think President Bush and the First Lady did an excellent job last night hosting the Prince and Duchess. Class, good manners, and the ability to make visiting guests welcome and comfortable go a long way.

CONGRATS TO MY PRESIDENT AND FIRST LADY FOR ANOTHER SUCCESS!!

Elspeth 11-03-2005 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Those earrings and snake necklace seem to be Camilla's signature set. I like them and I love the earrings on her. They really flatter her but I'd like to see a different necklace with them. I like the snake one but I think a necklace in a similar style to the earrings would look better.

I think Camilla's really got a signature style now. We know what to expect almost and thats re-assuring.

Yes, I was just thinking there was something a bit like the Queen in her approach to presenting herself; she isn't experimenting, she's figured out what suits her and adapted it for her needs.

BeatrixFan 11-03-2005 02:29 PM

Re:

I think all members of the RFs around the world have signature fashions. We expect huge hats from Beatrix, huge hair from Fabiola and now we've got a fair idea of what Camilla will be wearing.