The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/)
-   -   Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall: Visit to the US - November 1-8, 2005 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f44/prince-of-wales-and-duchess-of-cornwall-visit-to-the-us-november-1-8-2005-a-7662.html)

Lady Marmalade 11-01-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by laduchesse
I'm wondering if the top part (the bulky part with the white neckline) is actually a wrap (that hopefully is removable).

Now that I can see it from different angles, it does look like it may be a wrap, and pinned over, to later remove.

Princejohnny25 11-01-2005 09:32 PM

I think it was a wrap. With the new pics that mandy posts the outfit looks different and much nicer. The neck line is lower and the dress in not bulky. We need more pics.

ysbel 11-01-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
You know you are going and we are getting pictures, right? ;) Just teasing..

Oh gosh Lady Marmalade, if they'd only put a decent itinerary together with TIMES I would have been there. :D

We need some advance detailed info if we're going to meet royals (and a boss that doesn't throw us in a 2 day class at the last minute :rolleyes: ) :D

You know, the ladies get all the attention in these threads but I have to say I like Charles' color choice for a suit. It's so refreshing when the guys wear some real color as opposed to that undetermined dark that they usually do.

Lady Marmalade 11-01-2005 09:47 PM

His suits are just perfection at its best. Superb tailoring from Saville Row.

mandyy 11-01-2005 09:55 PM

10 Attachment(s)
The Royal couple were in New York on the first day of an eight day visit to the United States.
#1:Britain's Prince Charles (R) and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, depart a reception in their honor at the Museum of Modern Art in New York November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Gary Hershorn
#2: Britain's Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, listens during remarks by her husband Prince Charles during a reception at New York's Museum of Modern Art, November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Mike Segar
#3: Britain's Prince Charles and his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, leave The Museum of Modern Art in New York, November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
#4: Britain's Prince Charles (R) makes an address as his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, watches during a reception at New York's Museum of Modern Art, November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Mike Segar
#5: Britain's Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, smiles at photographers as she departs The Museum of Modern Art in New York, November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
#6: Britain's Prince Charles (L) walks with Robert Menschel, Chairman of New York's Museum of Modern Art, as Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall (C-back), walks with Marie Jose Kravis, President of the Museum as the royal couple arrived for a reception at New York's Museum of Modern Art, November 1, 2005. States. REUTERS/Mike Segar
#7: Britain's Prince Charles and his wife, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, leave The Museum of Modern Art in New York, November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
#8: Britain's Prince Charles (L) talks to Donald Trump (C) and his wife Melania during a reception at the Museum of Modern Art in New York November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Timothy A. Clary/Pool
#9: Britain's Prince Charles addresses an audience as his wife Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, watches during a reception at the Museum of Modern Art in New York November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Timothy A. Clary/Pool
#10: Duchess of Cornwall lady Camilla turns to photographers as she leaves The Museum of Modern Art in New York, November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid

kwanfan 11-01-2005 10:01 PM

The dress looks so much better with the wrap off! The off-the-shoulders style looks nice on Camilla!

Princejohnny25 11-01-2005 10:04 PM

After seeing the many different angles and pictures and the dress without the wrap I must say Camilla has pulled off another stunning and a bit glamourous outfit. The off the shoulder look makes her look really glam. The dress also fits her well. It flatters her without the wrap. Congrats Milla, youve pulled off another great look. The anti-camilla's must be dissapointed.

ysbel 11-01-2005 10:20 PM

It looks better without the wrap but its still not my favorite. A dress like that needs to be longer. Oh well, a small nitpick and I don't even like clothes! :D

I wonder what Charles and the Donald talked about. His wife has a beautiful coat.

Roxsteve 11-01-2005 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
I know, iowabelle. I wish they would be more prepared in their usage of the titles.

This is America, what do you expect? As a society, Americans are not interested in titles, royalty or anything like that. I'm sure it was not ill-intended. However, she is Camilla, and she is the Duchess of Cornwall. Additionally, I think that most people try not to compare her with Diana, out of respect to the late princess. I also believe that Camilla is trying her best to be who she is. She is charming and likable. I never thougth I would say that.

mandyy 11-01-2005 10:28 PM

10 Attachment(s)
#1: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, waves to photographers as she leaves The Museum of Modern Art in New York, November 1, 2005. REUTERS/Brendan McDermid
#2: (Newscom) Britain's Prince Charles (C) and wife Camilla Duchess of Cornwall (L) arrive for a reception in there Honor and are greeted by British Consolute-General Phillip Thomas (R) at the Museum of Modern Art in New York City, Tuesday 01 November 2005. EPA/PETER FOLEY
#3-10: Getty Images

Prince Charles and Camilla greeted by sunshine, well-wishers at start of U.S. tour
https://www.sanluisobispo.com/mld/san...o/13055514.htm

mandyy 11-01-2005 10:44 PM

10 Attachment(s)
#1-10: Getty Images

mandyy 11-01-2005 10:54 PM

10 Attachment(s)
#1-3: Getty Images
#4: Camilla Duchess of Cornwal, right, chats with British rock star Sting, center, and his wife Trudie Styler at a reception at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, Tuesday Nov. 1, 2005. Prince Charles and Camilla Duchess of Cornwall are on an 8-day tour of the United States, the first foreign tour they have undertaken together since their marriage in May. (AP Photo/Mark Large, Daily Mail, Pool)
#5: Britain's Prince Charles, right, talks to British rock star Sting and his wife Trudie Styler during a gala evening at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, Tuesday Nov. 1, 2005.
#6-10: AAP image

Camilla's dress: That's Italian
https://www.usatoday.com/life/people/...la-dress_x.htm

Lady Marmalade 11-01-2005 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysbel
It looks better without the wrap but its still not my favorite. A dress like that needs to be longer. Oh well, a small nitpick and I don't even like clothes! :D

I wonder what Charles and the Donald talked about. His wife has a beautiful coat.

Maybe The Donald tried to sell him a new condo in the new skyscraper he is putting up here in Chicago. ;)

Lady Marmalade 11-01-2005 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roxsteve
This is America, what do you expect? As a society, Americans are not interested in titles, royalty or anything like that. I'm sure it was not ill-intended. However, she is Camilla, and she is the Duchess of Cornwall. Additionally, I think that most people try not to compare her with Diana, out of respect to the late princess. I also believe that Camilla is trying her best to be who she is. She is charming and likable. I never thougth I would say that.

I agree with you, but a journalist should be more prepared, American or non-American. ;)

mandyy 11-01-2005 11:23 PM

3 Attachment(s)
#1: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, holds a sequined Union Jack handbag designed by Lulu Guinness at a gala evening at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, Tuesday Nov. 1, 2005. Prince Charles and Camilla are on an 8-day tour of the United States, the first foreign tour they have undertaken together since their marriage in May. (AP Photo/Mark Large, POOL )
#2-3 : Newscom

sara1981 11-01-2005 11:27 PM

Cam's Ground Zero grief
https://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005500851,00.html

Royal couple start tour with tribute at Ground Zero
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main...ixnewstop.html

Charles and Camilla begin US tour
https://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/4394934.stm

Margrethe II 11-01-2005 11:28 PM

Loving the outfit. HRH the Duchess of Cornwall does look very lovely, I must say. Colour is great and adore the rough edging of the material. Somewhat Elizabethan in appearance.

Personally, I feel this outfit would look most splendid as a gown (with sleves shorter, and of course skirt longer).

Not a fan of the cultured pearl collier however. I dont like the centrepiece.

"MII"

sara1981 11-01-2005 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mandyy
#1: Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, holds a sequined Union Jack handbag designed by Lulu Guinness at a gala evening at the Museum of Modern Art in New York, Tuesday Nov. 1, 2005. Prince Charles and Camilla are on an 8-day tour of the United States, the first foreign tour they have undertaken together since their marriage in May. (AP Photo/Mark Large, POOL )

unlike Diana's famous dress at Dinner with Reagons but i dont like her dress! But its looks like Diana's dress almost!

Sara Boyce

Lady Marmalade 11-01-2005 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Margrethe II
Loving the outfit. HRH the Duchess of Cornwall does look very lovely, I must say. Colour is great and adore the rough edging of the material. Somewhat Elizebethean in appearance.

Not a fan of the cultured pearl collier however.

"MII"

The colors fit right in with the fall weather in New York, deep and rich. I agree about the collier. I think with that neckline no necklace or collier was needed, but regal nonetheless. :)

So far so good and I think their first day went very well from what I have been reading both here in the U.S. and in online British papers.

I am sure tomorrow will go very smoothly. From what I have read, the new White House chef, who has only been the head chef for two months, is very much looking forward to cooking for them both.

sara1981 11-01-2005 11:38 PM

Camilla to make American debut
https://www.theage.com.au/news/world/...823207392.html