The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Life and Lifestyle (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/)
-   -   Royals' Ex-Partners (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f161/royals-ex-partners-7453.html)

miss whirley 06-06-2015 02:28 AM

I imagine that Cressida and her previous Harry split. Somebody on tumblr who claims to follow him on IG said he erased all her pictures in March. If that's true it would make some sense. It's very common to have a brief reunion with an ex before you remember why you split in the first place.

Either way, she was clearly single in April when she was kissing Edward Holcroft. If Prince Harry wants her back he has an uphill battle, she has a lot of suitors after her and they can give her career freedom unlike Harry. I think he's grasping at the wind.

Marty91charmed 06-06-2015 07:37 AM

I think I will still be doubtful and uncertain about this strange relationship... until I see a new pic of them together I will be careful to think them as a couple again..

Chimene 06-06-2015 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss whirley (Post 1787163)
I do think it's interesting that Harry's so visibly supporting Cressida. He didn't bother to attend Chelsy's charity gala last year. I'd wager he's still carrying a torch for Cressida and he's hoping she'll reconsider. I think she moved on, though. I bit of a futile attempt from Harry.

Either that or they're the never married version of Andrew and Fergie. Oddly close post-split. Maybe they'll invest in a ski chalet together.

More like he wasn't invited. She's not some wannabe actress trying to promote herself in the press every single minute. Or… he could have been there, but no press release was sent out because, again, she doesn't need the publicity.

amaryllus 06-06-2015 11:27 AM

Has anyone considered the idea they might have ,um,how do I say it nicely? A benificial relationship that is not a relationship and they are okay with that .Not exactly unheard of these days.

Curryong 06-06-2015 11:49 AM

There was no hint from anyone at the charity gala that Harry had made an appearance. There were a lot of people on Twitter and Tumblr who were waiting anxiously to see if he would come (Chelsy has many fans) and a great many who looked through guests' Facebook pages for comments on the gala afterwards and found nothing pertaining to him. I think if Harry had been present there would have been some sort of indication.

As for Cressida, even friends with benefits do meet sometimes, for a drink, meal etc with mutual friends. Cressida went off and had supper with her group of friends that evening and last night she apparently left the theatre with Edward Holcroft.

I just think that Harry and Cressida are cordial with each other and that's all. If Harry was trying to get Cressida back in any serious way he would hardly have been sitting on the floor after the polo getting close and confidential with Jenna Coleman.

Chimene 06-06-2015 12:06 PM

It's inconsequential whether or not Harry was at the charity ball was my point.

hernameispekka 06-06-2015 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by amaryllus (Post 1787296)
Has anyone considered the idea they might have ,um,how do I say it nicely? A benificial relationship that is not a relationship and they are okay with that .Not exactly unheard of these days.

This might be a high likelyness.

Lady Nimue 06-06-2015 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1787310)
As for Cressida, even friends with benefits do meet sometimes, for a drink, meal etc with mutual friends. Cressida went off and had supper with her group of friends that evening and last night she apparently left the theatre with Edward Holcroft.

I didn't know of this development with another man, but I approve. :flowers: It makes sense that Cressida would team up with actors now. So many to choose from. Edward Holcroft looks very nice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1787310)
I just think that Harry and Cressida are cordial with each other and that's all. If Harry was trying to get Cressida back in any serious way he would hardly have been sitting on the floor after the polo getting close and confidential with Jenna Coleman.

I agree. :flowers: It's hard not to be friends with a former lover, I have found (speaking personally). It's great that he pops round to see her performances. Just too bad that it always has to be seen as Harry being interested again. That makes it (potentially) strange for them both, but Cressida seems cool with most things. I like her (what I can see of her).

HRHAmy 06-06-2015 08:20 PM

Royals' ex-partners
 
I don't know if CP is just bad with words or what but even what he said about Sofia struck me as shallow. It was "Above all, she's beautiful and has beautiful eyes," he said. "But she's also a fantastic person. She's down to earth and has a wonderful personality. There are so many good things to say about her."

Really? Above all? Above everything else that you could love about a person, looks are first on your list?That may be true in his eyes but strikes me as shallow.

From what I've heard in the years passed from CP he doesn't really have a way with words...so maybe interviews trip him up in that department. Regardless I still feel bad for Emma.

mslewis 06-06-2015 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy (Post 1787553)
I don't know if CP is just bad with words or what but even what he said about Sofia struck me as shallow. It was "Above all, she's beautiful and has beautiful eyes," he said. "But she's also a fantastic person. She's down to earth and has a wonderful personality. There are so many good things to say about her."

Really? Above all? Above everything else that you could love about a person, looks are first on your list?That may be true in his eyes but strikes me as shallow.

From what I've heard in the years passed from CP he doesn't really have a way with words...so maybe interviews trip him up in that department. Regardless I still feel bad for Emma.

He sounds like a very immature young man. Of course, he's not all that young but he seems to be very immature and shallow. He said nothing about his soon to be wife being intelligent or interesting, just that she's "beautiful and has beautiful eyes." Beauty fades. Will he tire of her when the wrinkles come? Sounds like it. But then, they could both be stupid. Two stupid people would probably make a great couple. They could talk to each other while everybody else leaves the room.

AfricanAUSSIE 06-06-2015 11:23 PM

Yup, he looks single and very much flirting. Chelsy bolted to make it very clear she is NOT in contention.

I think a new women is on the cards now.

miss whirley 06-07-2015 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 1787310)
There was no hint from anyone at the charity gala that Harry had made an appearance. There were a lot of people on Twitter and Tumblr who were waiting anxiously to see if he would come (Chelsy has many fans) and a great many who looked through guests' Facebook pages for comments on the gala afterwards and found nothing pertaining to him. I think if Harry had been present there would have been some sort of indication.

As for Cressida, even friends with benefits do meet sometimes, for a drink, meal etc with mutual friends. Cressida went off and had supper with her group of friends that evening and last night she apparently left the theatre with Edward Holcroft.

I just think that Harry and Cressida are cordial with each other and that's all. If Harry was trying to get Cressida back in any serious way he would hardly have been sitting on the floor after the polo getting close and confidential with Jenna Coleman.

Can you link me to these pictures? Edward Holcroft is currently filming in Wales. I don't think he's been in London recently. I suspect another mystery man was with Cressida, and someone mistakenly assumed it was Edward because of their April date.

Ironically, Edward's filming with Richard Madden the current/former boyfriend of Jenna Coleman. What a small pond Harry swims in.

Edit- I think I found the pictures you were referring to. I'm not sure if that's him or not. The pictures only show the man at an angle. His hair is styled differently, and the eye color seems darker. But the facial bone structure is a good match. I'd say 50/50 that it's him.

He's working on a low budget film right now in Wales. Usually, those small film companies have their actors on set 18 hrs a day, for a month straight. The intense filming schedule saves a lot of money compared to the big studios who can afford to film for five months. So if he was given a rare day off, and he used it to take a train to London to visit Cressida for a few hrs before he headed back to Wales, then he must be very keen on her.

Harry never seemed to put much effort into the relationship. Like when he skipped her 25th birthday party to go clubbing with his friends - across the city from where she was celebrating. Or when she had to buy and deliver their Valentine's Day dinners to him at Kensington Palace. I'm happy that Edward seems to go the extra mile for her, both literally and figuratively. All women deserve that.

HRHAmy 06-07-2015 02:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mslewis (Post 1787567)
He sounds like a very immature young man. Of course, he's not all that young but he seems to be very immature and shallow. He said nothing about his soon to be wife being intelligent or interesting, just that she's "beautiful and has beautiful eyes." Beauty fades. Will he tire of her when the wrinkles come? Sounds like it. But then, they could both be stupid. Two stupid people would probably make a great couple. They could talk to each other while everybody else leaves the room.


I think you are on to something here ;) all Sofia really said about CP in the interview was he was a "humble" man...she kept repeating it over and over. To me, it looks like they're trying to justify and make a great romance out of a very plain story. I'm guessing it's closer to the truth to say CP found her hot and she found his status attractive. I personally can't find a greater love story other than that here. I'm wondering why they're trying to sugar coat it and make it bigger than it is.

Lady Nimue 06-07-2015 02:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mslewis (Post 1787567)
He sounds like a very immature young man. Of course, he's not all that young but he seems to be very immature and shallow. He said nothing about his soon to be wife being intelligent or interesting, just that she's "beautiful and has beautiful eyes." Beauty fades. Will he tire of her when the wrinkles come? Sounds like it. But then, they could both be stupid. Two stupid people would probably make a great couple. They could talk to each other while everybody else leaves the room.

Ah, the plot thickens. :cool: That being said, they are also likely very nice and agreeable sorts. It's what I've always contended. It's the likeliest scenario.

Quote:

Originally Posted by HRHAmy (Post 1787621)
I think you are on to something here ;) all Sofia really said about CP in the interview was he was a "humble" man...she kept repeating it over and over. To me, it looks like they're trying to justify and make a great romance out of a very plain story. I'm guessing it's closer to the truth to say CP found her hot and she found his status attractive. I personally can't find a greater love story other than that here. I'm wondering why they're trying to sugar coat it and make it bigger than it is.

This is the funniest (and possibly truest) line I have read on the matter. :tongue: We'll never know.

LadyFinn 06-07-2015 03:14 AM

And because of Carl Philip's statement about the magic of love, several photo agencies published photo galleries of Emma. Here is a couple of them:
Kuninkaalliskuvat _ 10 vuotta Carl Philipin kanssa seurustellut Emma Pernald kommentoi prinssin häidensä alla antamaa haastattelua _ Lehtikuva _ lehtikuva.fi
Atlantico Press

Duc_et_Pair 06-07-2015 03:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mslewis (Post 1787567)
[...] He said nothing about his soon to be wife being intelligent or interesting, just that she's "beautiful and has beautiful eyes." [....]

Maybe the Prince just told the truth here: Ms Hellqvist is beautiful and has beautiful eyes. What other qualities does she need? As a Princess of Sweden, Duchess of Värmland, she will have a carefree life where she will be pampered from A to Z. When he would have married an intelligent, strong-willed career-woman, then that lady most likely will be unhappy and become depressed because of the limited life in the Golden Cage and the public spotlights, affecting her career possibilities.

For the rest it is all speculation. Note that Prince Carl Philip has had two longtime companions, the one was Ms Pernald, the other is the lady who will soon be his bride. The portrayal here of Prince Carl Philip as a shallow young man, a testosterone monkey only interested in a hot babe, does no justice to him. If that was his only drive, he would not have had such long relationships in full media-spotlights. There are plenty of marriages, with solemn spoken vows, which did last shorter than each of the two companionships of the Prince. I feel that all the slashing on the Prince is beyond all proportions.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Florestane (Post 1786532)
Pretty much actually. He'd never felt the magic of love - tacky and thoughtless.

So that is NOT the same as "never have felt any love for Ms Pernald", what is what you made of it.... Many of us have had more relationships, then sometimes many of us were utterly devastated because of a broken heart. Suddenly then there is a person and exactly with him/her we experience a love deeper, more pure, more profound than with all the others we thought we loved so deeply.

The Prince did NOT say he did not love Ms Pernald. What he stated was more that Ms Hellqvist has touched his heart so much deeper than anyone else. And that is obvious, otherwise he would have married Ms Pernald and not Ms Hellqvist. It is beyond belief that every word of the Prince has to be weighed on a balance.

Pranter 06-07-2015 07:22 AM

You know it's got to be a headache for Chelsey as well when these articles come up....she's trying to live her life etc and if she is dating someone they get to be compared with a guy she dated years ago.

She must have to start off any new dating experience with....'let me warn you...'


LaRae

Florestane 06-07-2015 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair (Post 1787638)
So that is NOT the same as "never have felt any love for Ms Pernald", what is what you made of it.... Many of us have had more relationships, then sometimes many of us were utterly devastated because of a broken heart. Suddenly then there is a person and exactly with him/her we experience a love deeper, more pure, more profound than with all the others we thought we loved so deeply.

The Prince did NOT say he did not love Ms Pernald. What he stated was more that Ms Hellqvist has touched his heart so much deeper than anyone else. And that is obvious, otherwise he would have married Ms Pernald and not Ms Hellqvist. It is beyond belief that every word of the Prince has to be weighed on a balance.

I made a comment which I'm entitled to do. It might be beyond your belief that people have opinions on what was said. I'm not weighing every word he says in the balance. I made the point that it was thoughtless and therefore potentially hurtful to Miss Pernald. I never said he was a bad person - I said thoughtless. Miss Pernald felt the need to reply so obviously I wasn't completely coming out of left field.

Winnie 06-07-2015 10:53 AM

Florestane....of course you have the right to you own opinion. We all do. Having attended the same event as this Prince, I can honestly say that I found him very nice looking albeit short [for a man] and extremely slight in build. Almost teenage waiting to grow. We all found him to possess excellent manners. He did have the air of being spoiled and expecting to be "honored" in a self-centered way. But, I believe that was just immaturity and rather weak but I hope he has advanced growth. He was alone at this event even though in longtime relationship. You certainly could not tell that and enjoyed the attention of the many females in attendance. He is human. Sometime he talks before he thinks of the exact words he uses. He will learn if he wants to remain loved in the public eye.


I personally think that he and his future wife are extremely alike and should do well as they have the same mind-set. They will never make earth shaking political difference, but they should be happy.

Lady Nimue 06-07-2015 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Winnie (Post 1787753)
I personally think that he and his future wife are extremely alike and should do well as they have the same mind-set. They will never make earth shaking political difference, but they should be happy.

Exactly so. :flowers: Agree 100%. They are well-suited.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:03 PM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises