The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   Anne, Princess Royal Current Events 2: August 2005-January 2007 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/anne-princess-royal-current-events-2-august-2005-january-2007-a-6884.html)

iowabelle 09-21-2005 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wymanda
Reminded Cherie of her "common" origins did it?? :eek:

Are you comparing the PM's wife to the likes of ... Hyacinth Bucket? :)

wymanda 09-22-2005 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowabelle
Are you comparing the PM's wife to the likes of ... Hyacinth Bucket? :)

If the cap fits.......................?

Mrs Blair's father is a rather dreadful british actor who played Alf Garnett's son-in-law in an old british sitcom. Truly dreadful type & Cherie's "airs & graces" really are ludicrious!

Elspeth 09-22-2005 10:20 AM

"Blair residence - Lady of the House speaking...":D

iowabelle 09-22-2005 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elspeth
"Blair residence - Lady of the House speaking...":D

Oh no! Maybe Cherie will try to get Tony a job with Frosticles when he is no longer PM! (I love Hyacinth.)

I didn't know that about her father.

ysbel 09-22-2005 11:25 AM

Anne is someone I admire. She got out of a bad marriage and bad reputation with the press, found a husband and a life for herself that is really fulfilling. She is discreet but doesn't mince word when she does speak and doesn't suffer fools gladly. That last part would intimidate me if I met her though; I'd be scared of saying something stupid. :)

wymanda 09-24-2005 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iowabelle
I didn't know that about her father.

I seem to recall reading that neither did she until a few years ago!!!!! :eek:

tiaraprin 09-24-2005 12:33 AM

Hyacinth and Cherie are not the first nor will be the last snobs to ever grace the Earth. I have always had sympathy for poor Richard for having to put up with Hyacinth. . .(amazing an American knows the show Keeping Up Apperances, not bad for a colonist!):eek:

Perhaps Hyacinth should invite Cherie over for one of her "Candlelight Suppers". . . . . .

Reina 09-24-2005 01:04 AM

I love "Keeping Up Appearances". We Americans can thank PBS and BBC America for that.

iowabelle 09-24-2005 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiaraprin
Hyacinth and Cherie are not the first nor will be the last snobs to ever grace the Earth. I have always had sympathy for poor Richard for having to put up with Hyacinth. . .(amazing an American knows the show Keeping Up Apperances, not bad for a colonist!):eek:

Perhaps Hyacinth should invite Cherie over for one of her "Candlelight Suppers". . . . . .

Yes, a very few of us do know how to find the BBC or PBS on our televisions.

ysbel 09-24-2005 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tiaraprin
I have always had sympathy for poor Richard for having to put up with Hyacinth. . . . . . .

I had more sympathy for Daisy putting up with Onslow! yuck! :D

BTW does anyone know any special reason Princess Anne is doing a tour of the Far East? Anniversary, commemoration, or something? I took a look at the Royal Calendar and she's full booked with engagements for the next few months. She must never stop!

tiaraprin 09-25-2005 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ysbel
I had more sympathy for Daisy putting up with Onslow! yuck! :D

Yes, Daisy deserves sympathy for putting up with Anslow, Rose, and their crazy father!!:p

I also feel bad for the neighbors, Poor Elizabeth and her brother. Elizabeth gets so nervous being in Hyacinth's house for a simple cup of coffee or tea!!

The only one who gets off scot free is freeloading Sheridan!!:p :p

oskana 09-29-2005 06:18 PM

am curious can someone tell me why she wears gloves?

iowabelle 09-29-2005 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oskana
am curious can someone tell me why she wears gloves?

I think it's just a matter of protocol and training. Jackie Kennedy wore gloves often when she was in the White House, and the Queen did too in the 1960s and 1970s. (I'm not sure when the Queen's gloves became less frequent.) I think Diana was the one who "banished" gloves as part of her daily accessories.

Gloves also give your hands some protection if they're going to be squeezed a lot.

Zonk 09-29-2005 08:05 PM

They (Princess Anne and Andrew Parker Bowles) are friends. I believe they dated before he married Camilla.

Zonk 09-29-2005 08:06 PM

Also, Andrew Parker Bowles was the godson of the Queen Mother.

kelly1972 10-01-2005 10:03 AM

Andrew Parker Bowles is also a godfather to Princess Anne's daughter Zara and a close friend of her father Mark Phillips as well.

seto 10-05-2005 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by princess gertrude
I love the blue dress, not so sure about the pink top though. And the hair, while very beautiful, the style is a little outdated.

A little out dated. :)

Amira 10-05-2005 03:09 PM

I dont like the way that anne dresses , she's old fashionned !!! she could have a stylish advisor or something!! :confused:

Elise27 10-05-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amira
I dont like the way that anne dresses , she's old fashionned !!! she could have a stylish advisor or something!! :confused:

Her mother dresses 100 times better than her nowadays for gods sake. I wish we could see anne for a day dressed more in the style of for example a queen sophia, I would be satisfied. Anne definitely has elegance or prescence but terrible taste.

seto 10-05-2005 04:03 PM

Anne's clothing

The Princess Royal is not interested in fashion only in doing her job. The I think 40th birthday picures of her were really good. She looked wonderful and she really looks good with her hair down. I can under stand that she is thrifty with her clothing but wearing clothes from 20 years ago is just crazy to me. Especially when they weren't stylish then.