The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Brunei (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f71/)
-   -   Queen Saleha Current Events 1: July 2005- (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f71/queen-saleha-current-events-1-july-2005-a-6643.html)

Humera 09-04-2005 05:04 PM

No there has always been one Queen of Brunei (Queen Saleha). The Sultan's ex-second wife was called Princess, a title that was taken away after the divorce. This new second wife has been given no titles yet.

Tami_T 09-05-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
No there has always been one Queen of Brunei (Queen Saleha). The Sultan's ex-second wife was called Princess, a title that was taken away after the divorce. This new second wife has been given no titles yet.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder why queen saleha keept her title after her divorce,maybe because she's the mother of the crown prince?while the 2nd wife lost her princess title after her divorce.

La la 09-05-2005 01:49 PM

Queen Saleha is still married to the Sultan.

Tami_T 09-05-2005 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La la
Queen Saleha is still married to the Sultan.


oops,I'm confused,I recall that the sultan had divorced from his wife 2years ago,thought it was Q. saleha:confused:

michelleq 09-07-2005 09:45 PM

She has my sympathy. But I guess if that is what you are accustomed to, you deal with it.

alfie 09-08-2005 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleq
She has my sympathy. But I guess if that is what you are accustomed to, you deal with it.

Nobody is accustomed to their husbands marrying again especially a younger woman. Queen Saleha now is still very upset and because of it she is ill now. I'm praying she will recover soon.

MoonlightRhapsody 09-08-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfie
Nobody is accustomed to their husbands marrying again especially a younger woman. Queen Saleha now is still very upset and because of it she is ill now. I'm praying she will recover soon.

Rather insensitive of her husband to marry a second time while she, the first and foremost wife, was sick. I guess some men just don't have any sensitivity at all and think that because they have money that whatever they do is their due. What's that quote? "Just because you have the right to do it, doesn't mean it's right to do it."

I hope she recovers soon, both physically and emotionally.

Humera 09-08-2005 03:00 PM

I didnt know the Queen had become ill because of the recent marriage. I guess thats one of the reasons she hasnt been seen publicly. I hope its nothing serious.

spoiltbrat99 09-10-2005 06:52 AM

I really hope she is ok. I have met her once long long time ago in brunei with my late mother and also in Selangor, Malaysia later. She remember meeting me earlier. She is a very nice lady. I really hope it is ok. As a woman, a wife and a mother myself, I would not want to share my man. It will tear me to pieces. In her case, she has to endure it in the public eyes in such a manner.

Lisele 09-11-2005 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=alfie]Yes! it is..Queen Saleha is being supported by all her love ones at this time in need. The Crown Prince and his siblings are very supportive and caring of their mother, he was very upset. Good thing is now he have a loving and supportive wife by his side to help him through all this. QUOTE]

I hope the Crown Prince remembers how his mother felt and remember not to do it to his wife. I hope that Queen Saleha recovers soon.

Zina 09-12-2005 04:57 AM

[QUOTE=Lisele]
Quote:

Originally Posted by alfie
Yes! it is..Queen Saleha is being supported by all her love ones at this time in need. The Crown Prince and his siblings are very supportive and caring of their mother, he was very upset. Good thing is now he have a loving and supportive wife by his side to help him through all this. QUOTE]

I hope the Crown Prince remembers how his mother felt and remember not to do it to his wife. I hope that Queen Saleha recovers soon.

As the old saying goes.... "Like Father, Like Son"...

alfie 09-16-2005 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zina
In Queen Saleha's position, rather than play the poorly victim, why not follow HM and his new wife where ever they go and make life uncomfortable for the two of them? That's better than lying down and taking it. She's the Queen - she has the Power! I believe the Sultan is in New York now for a meeting/honeymoon with Azrinaz :)

It's not that easy for her, as she is going through an emotional depression plus I don't think he would want to take her even though she begs, he always gets HIS way. She is now in London while the Sultan is in New York with the 2nd wife.

BOLK 09-16-2005 12:48 AM

It has been quite sometimes already, sinnce they Sultan got married. She shut her self from public ever since, I'm kind of miss her actually. Any one from Brunei knows what is she up to now? Some one who knows her read this, pls extend my regards, sincerely, and dearly

Humera 09-19-2005 11:20 PM

I agree about the makeup Queen Saleha wears. It could use a modern touch.

Humera 09-29-2005 07:00 PM

Is the Queen back from London?
Im assuming she'll be back for Ramadan.

alfie 09-29-2005 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
Is the Queen back from London?
Im assuming she'll be back for Ramadan.

Yes! she is for quite some time now. She is staying with her mother now. The Queen move out of Istana Nurul Iman because the 2nd wife is also staying there.
On another royal family, Princess Rashidah is pregnant with her fourth child & is due sometime in january but they is more sad news for the royal family, apparently her husband has been very mischeivous with other ladies & always coming home late but the last straw is when he was caught with a lady at Empire Hotel very recently. The princess has asked for a divorce but it can only happen after she gives birth next year. For now he is being watched like a hawk 24 hours a day.

Humera 09-30-2005 12:33 AM

do you think the Queen will come back to the palace soon? From what I've seen last year she leads the royal women in quite a few religious events during Ramadan and ofcourse all the family greet people on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr at the royal palace.
Thats very sad about Princess Rashidah's hubby. How can he behave this way when his wife is pregnant with their fourth baby. Is the talk of a divorce serious?

alfie 09-30-2005 01:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
do you think the Queen will come back to the palace soon? From what I've seen last year she leads the royal women in quite a few religious events during Ramadan and ofcourse all the family greet people on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr at the royal palace.
Thats very sad about Princess Rashidah's hubby. How can he behave this way when his wife is pregnant with their fourth baby. Is the talk of a divorce serious?

I hope so. Everybody is anxious to see her at official functions again.
About Princess Rashidah's hubby the talk of a divorce seems very serious.

Reina 09-30-2005 12:41 PM

It's so sad that the Queen had to move out of her own home. COuldn't the second wife go somewhere else? But at least she will never be divorced.

Humera 09-30-2005 11:56 PM

a soap opera indeed.
No wonder the younger men like Rashidah's hubby are behaving this way. The Sultan isnt exactly the best role model. I am often surprised at how he portrays himself as a pious and upright man when his personal life is quite the reverse. The women in that family must indeed feel very insecure about their position.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises