The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Family of Brunei (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f71/)
-   -   Queen Saleha Current Events 1: July 2005- (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f71/queen-saleha-current-events-1-july-2005-a-6643.html)

Mandy 07-26-2005 11:53 PM

Queen Saleha Current Events 1: July 2005-

Welcome to Part 1 of the Queen Saleha thread where you may post recent news, pictures, comments and articles. Please remember to follow the Attachment and Copyright Rules. Happy posting!

La la 07-27-2005 10:04 AM

Is her title Queen Saleha or Sultana (or something else)?

alfie 07-30-2005 02:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La la
Is her title Queen Saleha or Sultana (or something else)?

Yes! her title is Her Majesty Queen or in the malay language in Brunei - Her Majesty Raja Isteri

Humera 07-31-2005 10:50 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Her Majesty, Crown Prince in farewell audienceJuly 25 - Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha yesterday granted farewell audiences to the spouses of three foreign envoys. The audiences took place at the Istana Nurul Iman.
https://www.brunei-online.com/bb/tue/jul26h11.htm

Humera 08-08-2005 09:53 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Royal audience to Malaysian delegates

https://www.brunei-online.com/sunday/news/aug7h15.htm

Pics from Infofoto:

Humera 08-18-2005 12:35 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Strong family, stronger nation

The strength of family institution plays a significant role in fostering and safeguarding the solidarity and harmony of all levels of the society, especially the younger generation.
Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha said this in a titah during the launch of the Domestic Science Exhibition 2005 and prize presentation ceremony, held yesterday in conjunction with His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam's 59th birthday celebration.
.........Her Majesty was accompanied to the ceremony by HRH Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Zariah, HRH Princess Hjh Majeedah Nuurul Bulqiah, HRH Princess Hjh Hafizah Sururul Bulqiah, and HRH Princess Hjh Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam
https://www.brunei-online.com/bb/mon/aug15h1.htm

Pics from Infofoto

Humera 08-18-2005 12:37 AM

10 Attachment(s)
more pictures...

Humera 08-18-2005 12:39 AM

6 Attachment(s)
and finally..

BOLK 08-21-2005 01:34 AM

She look sooo calm, cheerful as usual, at least we can see that or she manage to hide the sorrow ...... she must be very strong person, especially being a figure known to public, and we, follow every foot steps of her's and what happening in the family. With her husband new marriage, I really wonder how she kept herself that way, not easy though ..... love and admire U Q.Saleha!

Humera 08-21-2005 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOLK
She look sooo calm, cheerful as usual, at least we can see that or she manage to hide the sorrow ...... she must be very strong person, especially being a figure known to public, and we, follow every foot steps of her's and what happening in the family. With her husband new marriage, I really wonder how she kept herself that way, not easy though ..... love and admire U Q.Saleha!

you know I agree. I think its such an insult to a woman like Queen Saleha who has been by her husband's side and been his dutiful Queen for decades. And the sultan doesnt really seem to care about her feelings. First marrying and then divorcing Hjh Mariam and now marrying a woman who's younger than many of his own daughters.
I hope the Crown Prince will not turn out like his father, his mother's treatment at the hands of his dad should be enough to teach him a lesson not to do the same thing to his lovely wife Sarah.
Queen Saleha always comes across to me as a very strong woman. I hope she wont be too unhappy.

MoonlightRhapsody 08-21-2005 01:49 AM

How does their dynamics change then? With a second wife to contend with, how does her role as first wife and Queen change? What would be the role of a second wife?

I'm not looking down at any group, but in my opinion, a man who marries more than one woman is disrespectful and ego-fueled.

Humera 08-21-2005 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
How does their dynamics change then? With a second wife to contend with, how does her role as first wife and Queen change? What would be the role of a second wife?

I'm not looking down at any group, but in my opinion, a man who marries more than one woman is disrespectful and ego-fueled.

you're not the only one with this opinion.
I think its very disrespectful to Queen Saleha and her kids. As for marrying more than one woman at once, the sultan seems to be the exception both in the royal family and in brunei in general. I'd agree that this act reflects badly on him and makes him out to be the indulgent sort.
The Queen is the first lady in the family anyway and will remain so despite this marriage. Atleast we can be thankful that the Sultan knows where precedence is due. In all the pictures I've seen of the Sultan's ex-wife Mariam at official events, Queen Saleha was always present with her and took precendence over her. So Im pretty sure thats how it'll work now.

jennyfer 08-21-2005 02:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ~*~Humera~*~
you're not the only one with this opinion.
I think its very disrespectful to Queen Saleha and her kids. As for marrying more than one woman at once, the sultan seems to be the exception both in the royal family and in brunei in general. I'd agree that this act reflects badly on him and makes him out to be the indulgent sort.
The Queen is the first lady in the family anyway and will remain so despite this marriage. Atleast we can be thankful that the Sultan knows where precedence is due. In all the pictures I've seen of the Sultan's ex-wife Mariam at official events, Queen Saleha was always present with her and took precendence over her. So Im pretty sure thats how it'll work now.

i dont think it'll work that way. she will remain title-less. and i dont think she will make a royal appearance.

Humera 08-21-2005 02:07 AM

so she wont be a princess like Hjh Mariam? that sounds strange but I think its appropriate. I'd be happy with that.

Saba 08-21-2005 03:09 AM

I doubt if she the first wife feels sorrow, she is his cousin whom he married when they were young. Besides, there was another wife for over 20 years until recently. The first wife may very well have encouraged taking a second wife.

His first wife probably knows him better than anyone and her love extends to his happiness, just as when he had a second wife for over 20 years. Whatever makes him happy should make her happy, this arrangement is nothing new for any of them, except perhaps the new wife. Sultan and his first wife are seldom seen together except at family functions. I notice he and all of his children participate in a lot of physical activities, without his first wife.

What he has done is not illegal. I am happy for the entire family and wish them all well.

jennyfer 08-21-2005 03:11 AM

i doubt she'll be a princess like hjh Mariam. unless...His Majesty wants it like that. but it will detoriate the views of his rakyat (his people) who have loved him unconditionally. i m sure most of them feel betrayed by this hidden knowledge. and will side with the Queen. the first time HM got married to hjh Mariam, rumours had it that the Queen cried her heart out. it is no doubt that she will cry again. though she is a courageous queen whom i admire deeply, no woman wants to share her husband, especially when she has no choice to choose.

Humera 08-21-2005 03:56 AM

I agree completely jennyfer.
The sultan has tremendous wealth, he has a wife, he has lots of healthy kids.
What more could he want.
The way he has behaved surprising to me. I wont even get into the debate over the very strict conditions required for making polygamy "possible"
None of those requirements exist in this case.
I think this whole thing will make people love Queen Saleha even more.

BOLK 08-21-2005 06:39 AM

I think that's very uncalled for, whether he has done that before, on any occassion, the fact that he's taking a new one must hit the wife badly. I don't see any justification to the fact that they were married for a long time, that they were cousin, and marry at early age, remove her feeling towards the husband.????? why would she wants to encourage him to take another wife??? he had enough children, 10 of them, including 4 boys, for heir matter, ...
........... I don't see any reason in your statement, or at least the grounds was unjustifiable....sorry

Humera 08-21-2005 09:09 PM

yes I never believe people who suggest that the first wife encouraged something like this or had no objections. NO woman would ever give into her husband in such a situation willingly. As for the Queen, i bet she knows that her husband will do whatever he pleases anyway.

polop 08-21-2005 09:19 PM

I just wish the Queen best of luck.I know it sounds "cheesy" but she deserves better than him.;) :)

alfie 08-21-2005 10:45 PM

Quote:

yes I never believe people who suggest that the first wife encouraged something like this or had no objections. NO woman would ever give into her husband in such a situation willingly. As for the Queen, i bet she knows that her husband will do whatever he pleases anyway.

Yes! Humera, that was definitely the case. The Queen definitely has objections upon her husband taking another wife especially after what had happened to the ex-wife. The Queen was very happy to have had her husband to herself after he divorced Hjh Mariam. But I did notice last year that her happiness changed again when I attended a royal function. I just hope the new 2nd wife would just leave the royal duties to the Queen & just stay out of the limelight.

Humera 08-21-2005 10:59 PM

I think the Queen seemed so happy at the CP's wedding. There were so many pictures of her and the sultan talking and smiling at each other. Its too bad it didnt last long.
I hope too, alfie, that the new wife has no real offical role. And I think the sultan will respect his first wife's position as Queen. It would be really odd if she had to share a position that has been rightfully hers for decades.

Reina 08-22-2005 02:09 AM

will the new lady have kids?

alfie 08-22-2005 02:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reina
will the new lady have kids?

I bet she does want kids Reina. She is only 26 yrs old.

BOLK 08-22-2005 09:10 PM

.. and that will strenghten her position/relationship with Sultan .... and in case anything happened to him or marriage, the "bulk" will be much bigger ......

Reina 08-22-2005 09:39 PM

I wish the Sultan would have thought twice about htis. Now after successfully rasing alot of kids, he has to raise more? And in his older age. This lady was pretyy enough to marry someone younger. He shoudl have given her to one of his sons or brothers.

Humera 08-22-2005 11:08 PM

i was thinking the sultan should think about the marriages of his own daughters. Some of them are older than his new bride. His kids are his responsibility first.

Humera 08-25-2005 07:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zina
I have heard stories that the whole family were not at all happy about it. And that the Queen wanted HM to get back together with Hjh Mariam, his ex. But Hjh Mariam did not wish it, as she has a boyfriend now. I also heard stories that all of HM's kids were very upset , especially Hjh Mariam's kids.

that much i suspected too. I doubt any of his kids are happy about this.

Humera 08-27-2005 09:10 AM

The Queen didnt find out until after he was married? I cant believe it.
I hope God gives her the strength to get through this. Knowing that her family and her country are on her side will make things somewhat easier. I never realized I'd be so worried about her in a situation such as this.
I also hope all of this will be a lesson to the Crown Prince, his mother's pain, his family and country's dissapointment should be enough for him to never do something like this to his own wife.
Lastly, I have avoided saying anything about the bride. But I wonder at any woman who can be a part of something so deceitful and sneaky.

Saba 08-27-2005 04:08 PM

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors with the family and especially a husband and wife, any comments regarding that are pure speculation. I would like to think that the Sultan and his wives respect, honor, love and support one another. When Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed were married there was a lot of "how could they?!" and pics of them show that they are both very happy together. I hope in time this too will prove that the Sultan is very happy and content with his decision to take another wife and that the family and public will see and respect his choice.

If in fact the Sultan did not inform anyone of his plans to marry, then there was obviously a break in the perceived closness that was shared, all the more reason to take another wife. Again, I wish them all well and a lifetime of happiness.

Humera 08-27-2005 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saba
No one knows what goes on behind closed doors with the family and especially a husband and wife, any comments regarding that are pure speculation. I would like to think that the Sultan and his wives respect, honor, love and support one another. When Princess Haya and Sheikh Mohammed were married there was a lot of "how could they?!" and pics of them show that they are both very happy together. I hope in time this too will prove that the Sultan is very happy and content with his decision to take another wife and that the family and public will see and respect his choice.

If in fact the Sultan did not inform anyone of his plans to marry, then there was obviously a break in the perceived closness that was shared, all the more reason to take another wife. Again, I wish them all well and a lifetime of happiness.

actually it doesnt really matter what one choses to believe personally.
Brunei is a very tiny nation and while the media may be controlled by the Sultan, the affairs of the royal family aren't hidden from its citizens. That should be evident from all the comments of the members who are from the region and know the royal family well. There are members here who see the royals in person often, who go to school with them, know people who work at the royal palace etc. Each and every one of them has had the same reaction and comments about the marriage.
In such a small community it would be impossible keep things private.
Sheikh Muhammad and Princess Haya's situation is different. They didnt act all sneaky about their marriage.
Besides, if there was a "break" in closeness how do you know it wasn't the Sultan's fault? And how can you think that it justifies a man marry another woman? without even informing his wife? I find that appalling.
The Sultan and some of his brothers are known womanizers. Or do you not happen to know about the foreign women being smuggled to their harems?
Hjh Mariam was the Sultan's wife for more than 20 years before he divorced her because the family and others werent happy with her role. And then soon after the Sultan's eye started roving again. Does that sound like a man who was ever close with his first wife?
Queen Saleha must indeed be a strong woman to have put up with this for so long.

Saba 08-28-2005 02:16 AM

Quote:

Hi Saba, I have to point out, that in fact, the Queen is really very upset. She's been crying her heart out. This is because His Majesty was very sneaky and hadn't told his wife about this other lady. It's a 2 year , "on and off" affair... The Queen only found out about it the day after her husband re-married! Therefore, the 1st wife's permission was not sought, as it should be in Islamic Law. The whole of Brunei thinks very lowly of the Sultan & his family are definitely not sharing in his happiness.... Everything he stands for - Religious piety and family values, etc... he has gone against. Then he did not even announce the marriage in the local media, straight away!

He's lost the respect of his family and entire nation , for what he has done.

If household people claimed to have known that the Sultan was having a relationship, and others claimed to have known from tailors and such that he was planning to marry. Surely his wife was aware, they may live separate lives but certainly aren't that distant from one another that his wife was taken by surprise. And, if in fact he did not tell her, then there is definitely a break down in communication and they are more distant than even most friends. His father had more than one wife at a time; like father like son.

There are many reasons under Islamic law that a man can take another wife, he does not always need the permission of his first wife. Besides, he is the Sultan, he makes the rules in his country and in his family.

hania 08-29-2005 04:43 AM

is there any pics of the new wife and teh ceremony???

Humera 08-29-2005 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saba
If household people claimed to have known that the Sultan was having a relationship, and others claimed to have known from tailors and such that he was planning to marry. Surely his wife was aware, they may live separate lives but certainly aren't that distant from one another that his wife was taken by surprise. And, if in fact he did not tell her, then there is definitely a break down in communication and they are more distant than even most friends. His father had more than one wife at a time; like father like son.

There are many reasons under Islamic law that a man can take another wife, he does not always need the permission of his first wife. Besides, he is the Sultan, he makes the rules in his country and in his family.

the fact that he makes the rule doesnt make it right. His rules seem to have no regard for religion, society, family. There are very strict conditions for polygamy under Islamic law. Its not meant to be something a man does to selfishly please his ego.
I suppose you might have a different view of things because such things a common among many royals of the ME and in the region in general. Im always amazed how women can defend such actions. I doubt they'd feel the same if something like this happened to them.

Humera 08-29-2005 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hania
is there any pics of the new wife and teh ceremony???

there are no pics of the ceremony but pictures of the bride are in the Sultan's own thread.

Humera 08-29-2005 10:10 AM

Quote:

Humera is right about Brunei being so small that nothing is kept private. His Majesty's own little grandchildren were telling their classmates about the Queen's crying, swollen eyes.

And as for being Sultan - it seems as if he's made one set of rules for his citizens and another different set of rules to suit himself. What does that say about his character? Sultan or not -does not make him above the rest of the human race...what goes around, comes around and if HM did not learn his lesson last time with Hjh Mariam, he will learn a bigger, tougher lesson, next time.

Its horrible that the Queen's grandkids have to see all of this happen. She seems like such an affectionate grandmother, always holding her grand-daughters' hands in pictures. Do you know how the Crown Prince is reacting to this?

I know that the Malaysian PM has started his visit to Brunei. In the pictures so far I didnt see his wife accompany him. Do you know if that was done purposely so that Queen Saleha wouldnt have to make an appearance to welcome her? I was reading an article which mentioned that the Sultan will host a dinner for the PM but its not a banquet at the palace.

BOLK 08-29-2005 09:13 PM

the reason why Malaysian PM went without his wife is because of her undergoing chemotherapy treatment for her breast cancer in one of the hospital in US. I also eager to see Q Saleha in public .....

alfie 08-29-2005 11:40 PM

Quote:

Its horrible that the Queen's grandkids have to see all of this happen. She seems like such an affectionate grandmother, always holding her grand-daughters' hands in pictures. Do you know how the Crown Prince is reacting to this?
I know that the Malaysian PM has started his visit to Brunei. In the pictures so far I didnt see his wife accompany him. Do you know if that was done purposely so that Queen Saleha wouldnt have to make an appearance to welcome her? I was reading an article which mentioned that the Sultan will host a dinner for the PM but its not a banquet at the palace.

Yes! it is..Queen Saleha is being supported by all her love ones at this time in need. The Crown Prince and his siblings are very supportive and caring of their mother, he was very upset. Good thing is now he have a loving and supportive wife by his side to help him through all this.

The Malaysian PM visit is on a working visit and not a state visit, that is also why his wife did not have to accompany him on this visit. I.E: a short visit, discussing matters of state. Because it is not a state visit, that is why they did not have a banquet at the palace. The dinner was at Empire Hotel last night. The Crown Prince and Prince Mohammad also attended.

Humera 08-30-2005 10:46 AM

thanx for the info.
I hope the Queen will be okay and we'll see her in public soon

Tami_T 09-04-2005 05:00 PM

All sultan's wifes have the title of queen or only queen saleha?

Humera 09-04-2005 05:04 PM

No there has always been one Queen of Brunei (Queen Saleha). The Sultan's ex-second wife was called Princess, a title that was taken away after the divorce. This new second wife has been given no titles yet.

Tami_T 09-05-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

No there has always been one Queen of Brunei (Queen Saleha). The Sultan's ex-second wife was called Princess, a title that was taken away after the divorce. This new second wife has been given no titles yet.

Thanks for the info.

I wonder why queen saleha keept her title after her divorce,maybe because she's the mother of the crown prince?while the 2nd wife lost her princess title after her divorce.

La la 09-05-2005 01:49 PM

Queen Saleha is still married to the Sultan.

Tami_T 09-05-2005 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by La la
Queen Saleha is still married to the Sultan.

oops,I'm confused,I recall that the sultan had divorced from his wife 2years ago,thought it was Q. saleha:confused:

michelleq 09-07-2005 09:45 PM

She has my sympathy. But I guess if that is what you are accustomed to, you deal with it.

alfie 09-08-2005 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by michelleq
She has my sympathy. But I guess if that is what you are accustomed to, you deal with it.

Nobody is accustomed to their husbands marrying again especially a younger woman. Queen Saleha now is still very upset and because of it she is ill now. I'm praying she will recover soon.

MoonlightRhapsody 09-08-2005 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alfie
Nobody is accustomed to their husbands marrying again especially a younger woman. Queen Saleha now is still very upset and because of it she is ill now. I'm praying she will recover soon.

Rather insensitive of her husband to marry a second time while she, the first and foremost wife, was sick. I guess some men just don't have any sensitivity at all and think that because they have money that whatever they do is their due. What's that quote? "Just because you have the right to do it, doesn't mean it's right to do it."

I hope she recovers soon, both physically and emotionally.

Humera 09-08-2005 03:00 PM

I didnt know the Queen had become ill because of the recent marriage. I guess thats one of the reasons she hasnt been seen publicly. I hope its nothing serious.

spoiltbrat99 09-10-2005 06:52 AM

I really hope she is ok. I have met her once long long time ago in brunei with my late mother and also in Selangor, Malaysia later. She remember meeting me earlier. She is a very nice lady. I really hope it is ok. As a woman, a wife and a mother myself, I would not want to share my man. It will tear me to pieces. In her case, she has to endure it in the public eyes in such a manner.

Lisele 09-11-2005 01:40 PM

[QUOTE=alfie]Yes! it is..Queen Saleha is being supported by all her love ones at this time in need. The Crown Prince and his siblings are very supportive and caring of their mother, he was very upset. Good thing is now he have a loving and supportive wife by his side to help him through all this. QUOTE]

I hope the Crown Prince remembers how his mother felt and remember not to do it to his wife. I hope that Queen Saleha recovers soon.

Zina 09-12-2005 04:57 AM

[QUOTE=Lisele]
Quote:

Originally Posted by alfie
Yes! it is..Queen Saleha is being supported by all her love ones at this time in need. The Crown Prince and his siblings are very supportive and caring of their mother, he was very upset. Good thing is now he have a loving and supportive wife by his side to help him through all this. QUOTE]

I hope the Crown Prince remembers how his mother felt and remember not to do it to his wife. I hope that Queen Saleha recovers soon.

As the old saying goes.... "Like Father, Like Son"...

alfie 09-16-2005 12:39 AM

Quote:

In Queen Saleha's position, rather than play the poorly victim, why not follow HM and his new wife where ever they go and make life uncomfortable for the two of them? That's better than lying down and taking it. She's the Queen - she has the Power! I believe the Sultan is in New York now for a meeting/honeymoon with Azrinaz :)

It's not that easy for her, as she is going through an emotional depression plus I don't think he would want to take her even though she begs, he always gets HIS way. She is now in London while the Sultan is in New York with the 2nd wife.

BOLK 09-16-2005 12:48 AM

It has been quite sometimes already, sinnce they Sultan got married. She shut her self from public ever since, I'm kind of miss her actually. Any one from Brunei knows what is she up to now? Some one who knows her read this, pls extend my regards, sincerely, and dearly

Humera 09-19-2005 11:20 PM

I agree about the makeup Queen Saleha wears. It could use a modern touch.

Humera 09-29-2005 07:00 PM

Is the Queen back from London?
Im assuming she'll be back for Ramadan.

alfie 09-29-2005 11:23 PM

Quote:

Is the Queen back from London?
Im assuming she'll be back for Ramadan.

Yes! she is for quite some time now. She is staying with her mother now. The Queen move out of Istana Nurul Iman because the 2nd wife is also staying there.
On another royal family, Princess Rashidah is pregnant with her fourth child & is due sometime in january but they is more sad news for the royal family, apparently her husband has been very mischeivous with other ladies & always coming home late but the last straw is when he was caught with a lady at Empire Hotel very recently. The princess has asked for a divorce but it can only happen after she gives birth next year. For now he is being watched like a hawk 24 hours a day.

Humera 09-30-2005 12:33 AM

do you think the Queen will come back to the palace soon? From what I've seen last year she leads the royal women in quite a few religious events during Ramadan and ofcourse all the family greet people on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr at the royal palace.
Thats very sad about Princess Rashidah's hubby. How can he behave this way when his wife is pregnant with their fourth baby. Is the talk of a divorce serious?

alfie 09-30-2005 01:17 AM

Quote:

do you think the Queen will come back to the palace soon? From what I've seen last year she leads the royal women in quite a few religious events during Ramadan and ofcourse all the family greet people on the day of Eid-ul-Fitr at the royal palace.
Thats very sad about Princess Rashidah's hubby. How can he behave this way when his wife is pregnant with their fourth baby. Is the talk of a divorce serious?

I hope so. Everybody is anxious to see her at official functions again.
About Princess Rashidah's hubby the talk of a divorce seems very serious.

Reina 09-30-2005 12:41 PM

It's so sad that the Queen had to move out of her own home. COuldn't the second wife go somewhere else? But at least she will never be divorced.

Humera 09-30-2005 11:56 PM

a soap opera indeed.
No wonder the younger men like Rashidah's hubby are behaving this way. The Sultan isnt exactly the best role model. I am often surprised at how he portrays himself as a pious and upright man when his personal life is quite the reverse. The women in that family must indeed feel very insecure about their position.

alfie 10-02-2005 10:26 PM

Quote:

a soap opera indeed.
No wonder the younger men like Rashidah's hubby are behaving this way. The Sultan isnt exactly the best role model. I am often surprised at how he portrays himself as a pious and upright man when his personal life is quite the reverse. The women in that family must indeed feel very insecure about their position.

Your exactly right Humera! The women in the family are feeling very insecure. Unfortunately I have to give you all more BAD news, very sorry. Princess Rashidah's hubby got married(akad nikah) to his lady friend, why so quickly & hush-hush is because apparently the lady is pregnant too.

Humera 10-02-2005 10:56 PM

wow. I dont know what to say.
I thought he was being watched like a hawk? Does this mean the sultan allowed him to go through with it? Well it would've been hypocritical of him (the sultan) if he stopped his son-in-law from doing something he himself did only a few weeks ago.
I wonder if Princess Rashidah blames her dad for this.

alfie 10-02-2005 11:23 PM

Quote:

wow. I dont know what to say.
I thought he was being watched like a hawk? Does this mean the sultan allowed him to go through with it? Well it would've been hypocritical of him (the sultan) if he stopped his son-in-law from doing something he himself did only a few weeks ago.
I wonder if Princess Rashidah blames her dad for this.

I guess it was too late already..Well, there isn't much the sultan can do..if you get a lady pregnant in Brunei you have to marry her. So I'm guessing Princess Rashidah will definitely divorce him after she gives birth to their 4th child.

Humera 10-02-2005 11:57 PM

its all very sad. The royal family seems to be going through a crisis at this time. I hope things turn out well.

Zina 10-03-2005 04:33 AM

Princess Rashidah's Husband's New Wife

This just gets more juicy by the day. Can you tell us anything about his Lady friend, Alfie? (Or should I say, 2nd Wife!) Just curious.

Poppy 10-04-2005 11:38 AM

So is the second wife now living at the Royal Palace??
Has she been given a royal title??

It was said in some news articles that it was love at first sight for both of them, Sultan especially, when they met 4 the 1st time 2 years ago when the second wife was on a news assignment in Brunei. From then on, the Sultan started watching her broadcasting news.

I think no matter it was true love or not, a kind and sensible girl should not mingle into another man's marriage as if all other men in this world have died.

Zina 10-04-2005 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poppy
So is the second wife is now living at the Royal Palace??
Has she been given a royal title??

It was said in some news articles that it was love at first sight for both of them, Sultan especially, when they met 4 the 1st time 2 years ago when the second wife was on a news assignment in Brunei. From then on, the Sultan started watching her broadcasting news.

I think no matter it was true love or not, a kind and sensible should not mingle into another man's marriage as if all other men in this world have died.

I imagine it was love at first sight for him, if not her. He's easily charmed, as Hjh Mariam found out when she met him.

The 2nd wife hasn't got a royal title yet. Except for "Yang Teramat Mulia". I imagine the Brunei people would not be happy when she gets one.

As for kindness and sensibility - those things tend to be pushed aside, when the ex-richest man in the world is pursuing you.

Poppy 10-05-2005 09:38 AM

Quote:

I imagine it was love at first sight for him, if not her. He's easily charmed, as Hjh Mariam found out when she met him.

The 2nd wife hasn't got a royal title yet. Except for "Yang Teramat Mulia". I imagine the Brunei people would not be happy when she gets one.

As for kindness and sensibility - those things tend to be pushed aside, when the ex-richest man in the world is pursuing you.

Oh so Mariam found him very easily charmed?? Please tell me more.

Humera 10-07-2005 07:00 AM

I agree with you Zina about the men of this family. I look at Prince Azim and he seems just like his father, so easily enamoured of celebrity. The way he hangs around socialites and celebs in London. I mean I understand he's a young man with wealth but its disappointing to see him not do something worthwhile with his life. I get the same feeling about most of the other men of this royal family. They're taken by anyone, and women in particular, who can gratify their ego. Its quite sad really.
The sultan is lucky indeed to have found a wife who has stayed by his side through all his shenanigans. The CP should count himself lucky too. Who knows what CP Sarah will have to put up with in the years to come. If it wasnt for the women of this family I dont know what the men would do.

Lindy80 10-07-2005 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reina
It's so sad that the Queen had to move out of her own home. COuldn't the second wife go somewhere else? But at least she will never be divorced.

She should get divorced so she can find someone who loves her. I'm sure she'll get a good settlement.

Zina 10-07-2005 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lindy80
She should get divorced so she can find someone who loves her. I'm sure she'll get a good settlement.

As the Queen, she cant just marry anyone. Imagine the Queen of England, divorcing her Prince Philip and marrying somebody else - who could she marrY?

She's stuck in the life she was born and bred to lead. A divorce would be out of the question. Although she has moved out of the Palace. That's as good as a separation. Good for her.

jello 10-08-2005 01:48 AM

Quote:

I agree completely jennyfer.
The sultan has tremendous wealth, he has a wife, he has lots of healthy kids.
What more could he want.
The way he has behaved surprising to me. I wont even get into the debate over the very strict conditions required for making polygamy "possible"
None of those requirements exist in this case.
I think this whole thing will make people love Queen Saleha even more.

The sultan of Brunei is no more hero to the people of brunei due to this time he married again. what a bad suprised for me when i heard the news, his highness marry a reporter from malaysia. Is he try to make a cinderella story , make all the girs' dream come true , one night turn to rich and famous?

jello 10-09-2005 06:17 AM

Can someone tell me about the realationship of Queen Saleha and Sultan ex-wife HJ Mariam, as i watch the previous news in RTB they both always attend every woman funtion in BSB?They both talk and laughed to each other.
Prince Jefri where is he now, is he still in Brunei? As i heard from my friends in brunei who is his wife cousin, the father in law (Luis) had 4 wives too, each wife have their own house which cost 100million and their kids disco everynite in their home, they will invite their friend to their house in the early morning (2am) and crazy until morning. my friend saw luis (prince jefri's father in law) son and daughter kissing each others....this is true and life for them is easy going and no worriness at all, and prince Jefri took Luis 2 daughter to be his women when the time Prince Jefri is having his freedom in the kingdom.

Humera 10-09-2005 06:29 PM

Quote:

I am surprised to learn that the Sultan's new wife is a divorcee! Azrinaz was previously married to a high profile Malaysian Minister's son and had 2 children with him! That is something that the newspapers didn't report....it just proves what a character Azrinaz must be to leave her husband and kids for an old grandfather and somebody else's husband! It adds more sordidity to the already sordid affair. There is speculation also, that Azrinaz is not really 26 years old but in fact much older - she certainly looks older than 26.

Princess Rashidah's husband has married a divorcee too - the lady friend he made pregnant is Malaysian, like Azrinaz, and has 2 children from her previous marriage. I must say that the Brunei Royal family, with all these intermarriages with divorcees - it's what we call "second hand goods".

this gets better and better. Was the new wife already divorced when she met the sultan or did she get a divorce after meeting him?
Its amazing that the media didnt cover this aspect of the relationship, not even the Malaysian media at the time.
I remember some sources at the time of the marriage in August said that she was 23 and I found that hard to believe.

Humera 11-25-2005 06:20 AM

Latest pictures of Queen Saleha (Infofoto)

https://img291.imageshack.us/img291/1...ar025dp.th.jpg https://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7...ar049la.th.jpg https://img291.imageshack.us/img291/4...im028fd.th.jpg https://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3...im047wl.th.jpg https://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5...im063fk.th.jpg

zarzuela 11-27-2005 03:58 AM

I don't know so much about Queen Saleha, but she seems a very cheerful lady! People in Brunei must be happy to have such a charming Queen.

pwincess 11-29-2005 12:16 AM

azrinaz is not a divorcee.when she got married to teh sultan...she is still single. do not believe the rumours.

Humera 12-09-2005 01:04 AM

7 Attachment(s)
great to see Queen Saleha back to her full duties (so far I have only seen her receiving dignitaries at the royal palace)
Here are some articles and pictures.

Her Majesty declares Leaders Gathering open
The Girl Guides Association of Brunei Darussalam is hosting the eight-day "Leaders Gathering 2005". Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha declared open the gathering held in Gadong yesterday.

Also present were Her Royal Highness Pg Anak Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Zariah, HRH Princess Hjh Majeedah Nuurul Bulqiah, HRH Princess Hjh Hafizah Sururul Bulqiah and HRH Princess Hjh Amal Umi Kalthum Al-Islam.

https://www.brunei-online.com/bb/tue/dec6h17.htm

Face challenges with courage
Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha yesterday said strengths and values of leadership are key issues for any organisation or movement.

"The challenges of leadership are many and they should be faced with a moral courage forged through understanding, and also a strength and will that is tempered with compassion."
https://www.brunei-online.com/bb/tue/dec6h1.htm

galuhcandrakirana 12-14-2005 10:07 AM

This Brunei royal' thread gives me know that even showered with diamonds and other precious jewelries their life are quiet sad (at least in my opinion). I was hoping that this womanizer habit of sultan and her brothers won't continue to the new generation but its already hapenned with princess Rashida's husband:( :o. I agree that new generation behaviour often gets an influence from previouse generation's.

Saba 12-14-2005 06:28 PM

Brunei Family Unit

Quote:

Originally Posted by galuhcandrakirana
This Brunei royal' thread gives me know that even showered with diamonds and other precious jewelries their life are quiet sad (at least in my opinion). I was hoping that this womanizer habit of sultan and her brothers won't continue to the new generation but its already hapenned with princess Rashida's husband:( :o. I agree that new generation behaviour often gets an influence from previouse generation's.

I can certainly see your point. The family seems rather distant from one another and quite openly so, different ones going their separate ways seeminly without regard to the others. I often think of their interactions with one another and feel they have found a way to be a family in their own unique way.

Humera 02-11-2006 03:21 PM

Her Majesty grants audiences at Istana Nurul Iman
Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pg Anak Hjh Saleha yesterday granted an audience to Mrs Ivy Lim Swee Lian - the spouse of the Second Minister of Defence and Minister of Manpower of the Republic of Singapore - at the Istana Nurul Iman. The day also saw Her Majesty granting audiences to both Mrs Koesmoekandarimah Herijanto Soeprapto, the spouse of Indonesian Ambassador to Brunei Darussalam, and Mrs Fauzia Jawed, the wife of Pakistani High Commissioner to Brunei Darussalam.
https://www.brunei-online.com/bb/wed/feb8h11.htm

Pictures from Infofoto:
https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...I_006 copy.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...005%20copy.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...003%20copy.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...004%20copy.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...01b%20copy.jpg https://s2.supload.com/thumbs/default...002%20copy.jpg

Humera 02-20-2006 12:25 AM

Her Majesty Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Hajah Saleha consented to receive in audience the wife of the Chief of Air Staff, Pakistan Air Force, Mrs Rukhsana Kaleem. Also present was Datin Hajah Kalshom binti Haji Suhaili, wife of the RBAF Commander, Pehin Datu Lailaraja Major General Dato Paduka Seri Haji Awang Halbi. Brunei Online

pictures from infofoto

https://img144.imagevenue.com/loc24/t...DULLAH_001.JPG https://img30.imagevenue.com/loc24/th...DULLAH_002.JPG https://img7.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_...DULLAH_004.JPG https://img129.imagevenue.com/loc24/t...DULLAH_003.JPG https://img19.imagevenue.com/loc24/th..._RAFEE_001.JPG https://img130.imagevenue.com/loc24/t..._RAFEE_002.JPG

gal83 05-04-2006 12:27 AM

i admire queen saleha. For her age,she still has a nice body..

gal83 05-04-2006 12:40 AM

always a brave smile on your face.. you're a darling Mother. Wish you all the happiness..

Qamarina 05-18-2006 04:48 PM

The most beautiful smile of Queen Saleha is captured on (from left) the 3rd picture with the wife of the chief of air staff, Pakistan Air Force posted by Humera.

spoiltbrat99 05-23-2006 03:27 AM

I think from all the picture taken lately, she has tone down her makeup. She looks more prettier than ever before. I really admire this lady. With what she has gone through, she will always show a happy face to her subject. :)
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...RajaIsteri.jpg
photo source : www.infofoto.org.bn

mimimalil 05-24-2006 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spoiltbrat99
I think from all the picture taken lately, she has tone down her makeup. She looks more prettier than ever before. I really admire this lady. With what she has gone through, she will always show a happy face to her subject. :)
https://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f2...RajaIsteri.jpg
photo source : www.infofoto.org.bn

Couldn't agree more!!! She's one tough lady. God bless her...

jello 06-07-2006 02:51 AM

Queen Seleha's Father actually is the origin the King of Brunei. Unforturnaly the king don't have any son to continues his throne. When he passed away the brother by law to continues the King of Brunei who is the father of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. Queen Seleha was arranged marry to the first Son of the Sultan and Seleha's sister who arranged marry to Sultan's brother , Prince Qawi's father (i forgot his name).That why their blood very close to each other....so those royal kids born to be not really active at all. But they are very kind to their people. What should i said, actually the country of Brunei is belong to Queen Saleha's family. I ever meat and shake her hand during their Hari Raya in Istana, she totally nice and will talk to you and ask you,where u from with her kindness and warm smile.

julial 06-07-2006 03:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jello
Queen Seleha's Father actually is the origin the King of Brunei. Unforturnaly the king don't have any son to continues his throne. When he passed away the brother by law to continues the King of Brunei who is the father of the Sultan Hassanal Bolkiah. Queen Seleha was arranged marry to the first Son of the Sultan and Seleha's sister who arranged marry to Sultan's brother , Prince Qawi's father (i forgot his name).That why their blood very close to each other....so those royal kids born to be not really active at all. But they are very kind to their people. What should i said, actually the country of Brunei is belong to Queen Saleha's family. I ever meat and shake her hand during their Hari Raya in Istana, she totally nice and will talk to you and ask you,where u from with her kindness and warm smile.

wow. I did not know this. So the Queen was actually supposed to be NO. 1 of the country has she been a male...The Queen seems to be one tough, great woman. I guess you have to be if you are in that position. :)

jello 06-07-2006 03:33 AM

I was borned in Brunei Darussalam. I study Brunei history in my school, and very well about the Brunei's Culture:)

Joumana 06-07-2006 04:39 AM

Quote:

Thank you "jello" for the information. :) I didn't know it.

Zina 06-07-2006 09:33 AM

Quote:

Jello, sorry, but your info is completely untrue! Saleha's father was never the Brunei Sultan. And Saleha did have a brother. Where do you get your information from??

mimimalil 06-07-2006 05:13 PM

Quote:

Jello, sorry, but your info is completely untrue! Saleha's father was never the Brunei Sultan. And Saleha did have a brother. Where do you get your information from??

Yes I agree with Zina. I guess Jello was referring to Sultan Jamalul Alam (27th sultan) who didn't have any son (and he was NOT Queen Saleha's father). When he died, his brother became the Sultan, i.e. Sultan Omarali Saifuddien (28th Sultan) who is the current Sultan's late father.

The Sultan and the Queen are related though. They are first cousins. The Sultan's mother and the Queen's father were siblings.

Daniela 07-19-2006 08:51 AM

https://www.4dw.net/royalark/Brunei/brunei8.htm

On link posted above is said that Queen Saleha has three brothers and five younger sisters, so Jello it seams that you were quite wrong.

Anyway, Queen Saleha's younger sister Zaria is married to Sultan's Hassanal younger brother Muhammad, right?

Daniela

RonOntario 09-17-2006 06:46 PM

Saleha and Zariah are sisters. Saleha married the Sultan and Zariah married Mohammad, the Sultan's oldest brother. Both are daughters of a former Pengiran Pemancha.

nooj 09-18-2006 11:19 AM

B'day bash for Q Saleha

:flowers: I was just wondering, if anybody knows, whether Saleha will also have a big celebration for her 60th b'day seeing that the sultan had a festival for himself, on the 7th of October 2006?
:whistling:

el-khanz 09-20-2006 04:00 AM

I agree...!!! She's a lovely mother for her kids and wonderful grand-mother for her grand-son and grand-daughter. I totally admire her. She showed us her power and strengthness through such a difficult time of her life. I wish her a very nice and happy life from now on.

Humera 09-20-2006 05:41 PM

Only the Sultan has the huge month-long birthday festivities. Queen Saleha usually attends various receptions where she's invited to cut birthday cakes. The same thing usually happens for the Crown Prince's birthday.
However I dont know if there's something special planned for the Queen's 60th birthday.

nooj 10-07-2006 08:46 AM

special birthday wish for Queen Saleha

:smile: My dear Queen Saleha, Iwish you a very happy 60th birthday and wish that all your sweet dreams are fulfilled especially during this most wonderful holy month of Ramadan and I dont wish you 60 more birthdays, but 6 million more birthdays INSHA-ALLAH AMEEN. I also make dua that you have a most wonderful day and that your family made everything possible for you to enjoy your birthday.:flowers: You are a true Angel.:lucky: :angel: :flowers: From NOOJ.

mimimalil 10-08-2006 06:00 PM

May God bless you, Your Majesty!

Happy Birthday!!! Wishing you good health and happiness always.

I declare You one of the most admirable women of the 21st century. You represent women's STRENGTH, PATIENCE and FAITHFULNESS.

Daulat Kebawah Duli Tuan Patek!