The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Weddings (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/)
-   -   Prince Pieter-Christiaan of Orange-Nassau and Anita van Eijk: August 25 and 27, 2005 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/prince-pieter-christiaan-of-orange-nassau-and-anita-van-eijk-august-25-and-27-2005-a-6508.html)

liv 08-25-2005 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
ok,forget what I said,here is the most terrible:
- Gettyimages -

Squidgy 08-25-2005 11:40 AM

8 Attachment(s)
Colourpress ...

Squidgy 08-25-2005 11:44 AM

7 Attachment(s)
... Colourpress ...

rere 08-25-2005 11:45 AM

The shoes don't help that ugly suit that makes her look old, but the flowers in the hair are pretty.
I hope she wears a pretty wedding dress.

Squidgy 08-25-2005 11:46 AM

10 Attachment(s)
.. and more ... Colourpress ...

Vicomtesse 08-25-2005 11:50 AM

Who is the lady in purple here? https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=184929

rarotonga 08-25-2005 11:52 AM

Who are the couple in the bottom left photo? He's quite handsome, reminds me a bit of the late JFK, Jr.

Viola-Theresa 08-25-2005 11:52 AM

All the best wishes to the happy looking couple!!!

But ... SORRY ... the clothes .... I read that she will work as a self-employed woman, something with fashion ... but her reference today was not the best for her business in fashion.
She is definitely a natural beauty but her clothes looks like from Queen Beatrix's wardrobe ;-)
I found something special in Mabel's wedding gown and I really find something special in Laurentien's style (but not today) but Anita really made a choice that didn't have the right cut and the right pattern ... she is young and beautiful why wearing something that makes she looking older than she is.

I really hope that the wedding gown accentuates her natural YOUNG beauty!

Squidgy 08-25-2005 11:55 AM

6 Attachment(s)
... Colourpress ...

Squidgy 08-25-2005 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarotonga
Who are the couple in the bottom left photo? He's quite handsome, reminds me a bit of the late JFK, Jr.

Yes, they are a good looking couple. It is the grooms brother - Prince Maurits & his wife Marilene.

princess gertrude 08-25-2005 12:06 PM

WOW! What a colorful event. The brides outfit IMO is just awful, pour choice for a wedding, although her smile & happiness makes up for a lot. I'm not so sure about some of her sister in laws' outfits either. What a strange hat Marilene has on!!! And those black boots, not appropriate. Hopefully, everyone will dress better for the religious ceremony.

Marengo 08-25-2005 12:23 PM

My goodness, what on earth was Laurentien thinking? She seems ready to perform in a circus! I don t care to much for Marilenes outfit (didn t she wear the hat during queensday as well?). The bride looks to matronly and what was Anette thinking with the boots/skirt , either the boots or the skirt should be longer.
Margriet and Beatrix looked nice but the only elegant woman at this ocassion was in my opinion Aimee.

iowabelle 08-25-2005 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rarotonga

When you look at the woman's hat, doesn't it remind you of the headpiece that Whoopi Goldberg wore in Star Trek: The Next Generation?

princess gertrude 08-25-2005 12:36 PM

I totally agree, Aimee seems to be the only on of the "younger" princess' with any fashion sense at all.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo
My goodness, what on earth was Laurentien thinking? She seems ready to perform in a circus! I don t care to much for Marilenes outfit (didn t she wear the hat during queensday as well?). The bride looks to matronly and what was Anette thinking with the boots/skirt , either the boots or the skirt should be longer.
Margriet and Beatrix looked nice but the only elegant woman at this ocassion was in my opinion Aimee.

Tina 08-25-2005 12:42 PM

https://www.telegraaf.nl/binnenland/2...e_kunnen_.html

"Ik heb het gevoel met Anita de wereld aan te kunnen", had Pieter-Christiaan, de derde zoon van prinses Margriet, gezegd. "

can anyone translate his feeling?

Alisa 08-25-2005 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo

I completely agree with you. Aimee was clearly the best dressed woman there, her outfit was understated and very elegant. The Queen and Princess Margriet also looked lovely.

I thought Anita's dress looked awful. It looked like something an old lady would've worn in the late 60s. How very unflattering for a young woman on her wedding day. I hope she chooses a much nicer dress for the religious ceremontu.

Princess Laurentien's outfit was a complete disappointment. She looked like a circus performer!:eek: I find it surprising that Laurentien would wear such an attention grabbing outfit, this special day belongs to the bride and the groom not Laurentien.

ladybelline 08-25-2005 12:57 PM

OMG! What a strange fashion show!:D

No offence at all, but I can't help but laugh at Princess Laurentien'suit...I wonder what they reserve to us for Saturday at the religious wedding?:confused:

Larzen 08-25-2005 01:04 PM

The bridal couple looked incredible happy and radiant, she is beautiful but her outfit was to old for her

Beatrix, Margriet and Aimee was the most elegant IMO, Princess Anette has such a natural beauty but her skirt and boots combo was not the best. Marilene need to eat something, she looks extremely skinny. I dont know what Laurentien was thinking, clown pants and tropicana hat in screaming colours for a wedding...:eek:

I wonder what we will see on saturday

Squidgy 08-25-2005 01:09 PM

5 Attachment(s)
... a few more photos from the official site ...

https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/content.jsp?objectid=9440

azile 08-25-2005 01:13 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two photos of the groom's parents arriving- photo source is Getty Images.

Eliza