The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Infanta Cristina, Iñaki Urdangarín and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f117/)
-   -   Baptism of Irene Urdangarín: July 14, 2005 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f117/baptism-of-irene-urdangar-n-july-14-2005-a-6197.html)

Elsa M. 06-13-2005 12:09 PM

Baptism of Irene Urdangarín: July 14, 2005

This thread is dedicated to the baptism of Cristina and Iñaki's daughter, Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón.
The ceremony will take place in the Summer, with Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada in the role of godparents.

Elsa M. 06-13-2005 12:09 PM

10 Attachment(s)
Queen Sofia is in Barcelona with the Infantas and the children, to prepare the baptism of Irene. The Royal family got together with Irene's godparents, Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada, to prepare the ceremonies.
Photos from ImagineScandinavia:

Amira 06-13-2005 12:40 PM

Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada !! who are they :)

Elsa M. 06-13-2005 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amira
Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada !! who are they :)

They're the godparents of little Irene. Rosario Nadal is the wife of Prince Kyril of Bulgaria and Pedro Lopez Quesada is the husband of Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias.

isabella_ 06-14-2005 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elsa M.
This thread is dedicated to the baptism of Cristina and Iñaki's daughter, Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón.
The ceremony will take place in Barcelona, with Rosario Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada in the role of godparents.

Dear Elsa...:) are you sure that the baptism will take place in Barcelona? :confused:
I think that all the baptisms in the Royal Family has taken place in La Zarzuela, Madrid, even for the members of the family who doesn't live in Madrid, as Infanta Cristina & Iñaki.
Maybe this time will be different... ¿?:confused:¿?

carlota 06-14-2005 08:06 AM

i also think so isabella...

did they announce it officially that it will be in barcelona? ???
(any dates given?)

rchainho 06-14-2005 10:32 AM

yes, there aren't more information?

Elsa M. 06-14-2005 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by isabella_
Dear Elsa...:) are you sure that the baptism will take place in Barcelona? :confused:

Not sure. The photos I posted above were taken in Barcelona ang GettyImages accompanied the pic with a legend saying that Queen Sofia was in Barcelona, to prepare the baptism of Irene... But it's not a reliable source, so we'll have to wait for more informations... I'll just delete that information from my previous post, till we have any confirmation.

isabella_ 06-14-2005 04:45 PM

Quote:

Not sure. The photos I posted above were taken in Barcelona ang GettyImages accompanied the pic with a legend saying that Queen Sofia was in Barcelona, to prepare the baptism of Irene... But it's not a reliable source, so we'll have to wait for more informations...

OK Elsa, thanks for the explanation.;)

Elsa M. 06-16-2005 04:20 PM

An article about the photos posted above:
https://www.diezminutos.wanadoo.es/re...es/2797_1.html

The Duke of Palm organized a lunch in Barcelona with Quenn Sofia and the godparents of his daughter, to ultimate the details of Irene’s baptism, which is planned mid July.

Last Sunday, part of the Spanish Royal Family met at the Royal Club of Tennis of Barcelona. Iñaki Urdangarín and Infanta Cristina organized the appointment, but she did not attend it, surely because she preferred to rest next to her daughter Irene, who was born last June 5th.

Iñaki Urdangarín had lunch with his mother-in-law, Doña Sofia, and with the godparents of his daughter, Rosario Nadal (who is the wife of prince Kyril of Bulgaria) and Pedro Lopez-Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón-Dos Sicilias, cousin of Infanta Cristina). The lunch was also attended by the children, Juan Valentín, Pablo Nicholás, Miguel and their cousins, Froilán and Victoria Federica. The Dukes of Lugo also joined the meeting, since Infanta Elena was at the Royal Club of Pole, participating in an equestrian contest.

After the lunch, which lasted for more than two hours, they all went to the residence of the Dukes of Palma, to see the Infanta and her girl. Iñaki and Cristina still live in a floor of Pedralbes, since the works on their new house, a villa in the same district, are still running for long.

nina86lila 06-18-2005 06:26 AM

[Big thanks everyone for information !!:)
Great job !:D

rchainho 06-18-2005 07:04 AM

From Diez Minutos

Urdangarín completes the baptism of Irene

The Duke of Palm organized a food in Barcelona with Reina and
the padrinos of his daughter to speak of the details of the ceremony.

Iñaki and Doña Sofía to the entrance of the restaurant of the Real
Club of Tennis.

The past Sunday, part of the Spanish Royal Family met in the Real Club of Tennis of Barcelona, closely together of the address of the Dukes of Palm, in the district of Pedralbes.
Iñaki Urdangarín and infant Cristina organized the appointment, but it did not attend surely because she preferred to remain resting next to his Irene daughter, that it was born the past 5 of June.
The sixth granddaughter of the Kings was the protagonist of the
meeting, since the appointment was summoned to complete the details of its
baptism, anticipated for half-full of July.

The Dukes of Lugo got up themselves later.

Iñaki Urdangarín had lunch with its mother-in-law, Doña Sofía, and with that they will be padrinos of its daughter, Rosary Nadal and Pedro Lopez-Quesada.
The Duke of Palm took to his three children, Juan Valentin, Pablo Nicholas and Miguel, that they also met with its cousins, Froilán and Victoria Federica.
The parents of these last ones, the Dukes of Lugo, they were gotten up later to the food, since infant Elena was in the Real Club of Pole participating in an
equestrian aid.

They visited Cristina and the small Irene

Froilán with its cousins, Miguel and Pablo.

Reina, that there is been very pending of its daughter Cristina and the small
Irene, it shared to tier moments to us with its grandsons, contentments of being able to play with its cousins.
Once again, Froilán was the plus travieso.
The first-born of the Dukes of Lugo slid when coming out by a railing
of the restaurant and their sister and her cousins followed to him.
Doña Sofía watched them and finally she requested that they lower to
them, reprimanding to its greater grandson with affection.

The padrinos will be rosary Nadal and Pedro Lopez Quesada.
The padrinos of Irene are great friends of the Dukes of Palm: Nadal Rosary, that it is married with prince Kyril of Bulgaria, and Pedro Lopez Quesada, husband of Cristina de Borbón-Dos the Sicilies, premium of infant Cristina.
After the food, that it was extended more than two hours, all went to the address of the Dukes of Palm to see the Infant and her girl.
Iñaki and Cristina continue living in a floor in Pedralbes with their
children, since the works of its new address, a villa in the same district, they go for length.

rchainho 06-18-2005 07:06 AM

Quote:

An article about the photos posted above:

i have posted twice your article but i think that mine is complete. :)

corazon 06-20-2005 01:08 PM

Irene will be christened in july 14.

mtbcm 06-20-2005 02:21 PM

From ElSemanalDigital

20 of June of 2005.

The Dukes of Palm are making the last decisions so that the next baptism of littleIrene is a success. This special day will be celebrated in the middle of July, at the pic of summer.

As much the Infant as her husband knows safe that they want for this day to reunite their most intimate and than they do not wish a celebration multitudinaria.

Joining them, there will be the grandparents, uncles and cousins of the little Irene, in addition to their most intimate friends. Among them there will be, of course, the godparents of the sixth granddaughter of the Kings of Spain: Rosary Nadal (wife of Kyril of Bulgaria) and Pedro Lopez-Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón the Two Sicilies, cousin of the infants and Prince Felipe).

Don Iñaki Urdangarín, while his wife rested with little Irene, had already a lunch in Barcelona with The Queen and the Godparents of his daughter to speak about the details of the ceremony.

They had already fixed several things...

Little Irene did receive at the beginning of June the civil baptism of hands of the President of the Generalitat Pasqual Maragall.

Now only it is left the religious ceremony that will take place in Madrid and, as it is tradition, in the same baptismal sink of the Real Palace - made of gold and silver at the beginning of century XI - with the same shell and with water of the Jordán River.

The sixth granddaughter of the Kings of Spain is called Irene like tribute to the sister of Doña Sofía. This Greek Princess lives with the sovereigns and is the only lady of company of The Queen. She will receive the title of great of Spain, but not of princess.

Forgive any mistakes my translation must have. I have no time to check it... I just wanted that you knew the Christening will be held in Madrid since this was a question unanswered (at least I this so :o ).

Regards.

lula 06-20-2005 02:52 PM

The baptism of the daughter of the Dukes of Palm will be the 14 of July.

EFE/Madrid

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, fourth son of the Dukes of Palm and sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized next the 14 of July at noon in the Palace of the Zarzuela, informed to EFE sources next to the House into the King. The padrinos of new born, intimate friends of the Dukes of Palm, will be Nadal Rosary, wife of Prince Kyril of Bulgaria, and Pedro Lopez Quesada, married with Cristina de Borbón the Two Sicilies, daughter of the Infant Don Carlos.

Elsa M. 06-20-2005 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbcm
the religious ceremony that will take place in Madrid and, as it is tradition, in the same baptismal sink of the Real Palace - made of gold and silver at the beginning of century XI - with the same shell and with water of the Jordán River.

Quote:

Originally Posted by lula
Irene Urdangarín Borbón, fourth son of the Dukes of Palm and sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized next the 14 of July at noon in the Palace of the Zarzuela

Thank you very much for the articles. :)
So, the baptism will take place in Madrid, after all. Now the only doubt is whether it will take place at the Royal Palace (as posted by mtbcm) or at La Zarzuela (as posted by lula).

Elmundo and Terra also say that it will be at La Zarzuela:
https://www.elmundo.es/elmundo/2005/0...119292985.html
https://actualidad.terra.es/familia-r...lma_362211.htm

ilovecristinaskids 06-20-2005 03:48 PM

Oh My GOD! The baptism will be on July 14???
My birthday is on July 14!!!!!!
I am so thrilled right now.

lula 06-20-2005 03:56 PM

The baptisms are always in the Palace of the Zarzuela (in a hall or the garden), but the baptismal battery belongs to the Real Palace

Elsa M. 06-20-2005 04:05 PM

O.K, thanks again, Lula.
That makes sense.

lula 07-12-2005 06:15 PM

Has someone read at what hour it is Irene's baptism? I imagine that it is in the evening, because I have read that the King has a hearing day in the morning. Also I wonder if they will do it in the gardens like other times have done, it is very nice, I like it almost more than when they do it in the lounges. Though with the heat that does (Madrid returns to be in alert for the high temperatures) if they do it in the garden it will have to be at the last hour because but neither the children nor the Princess Letizia are going to bear it.

lula 07-13-2005 03:39 AM

From abc:

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized tomorrow, at 19:30, in the Palace of the Operetta, the same place in which her brothers and cousins were baptized

Anna_R 07-13-2005 09:51 AM

Quote:

From abc:

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, sixth grandson of the Kings, will be baptized tomorrow, at 19:30, in the Palace of the Operetta, the same place in which her brothers and cousins were baptized

The time is GMT + 1

Elsa M. 07-13-2005 10:22 AM

https://sevilla.abc.es/sevilla/pg0507...o_zarzuela.asp

Irene Urdangarín Borbón, the sixth grandchild of the Kings, will be baptized tomorrow, at 7:30 p.m., at the Palace of La Zarzuela, the same place where her brothers and cousins were also christened. Irene will be baptized with water from the Jordan river, and will recieve as godparents two intimate friends of Cristina and Iñaki: Rosario Nadal (wife of Kyril of Bulgaria) and Pedro Lopez Quesada (husband of Cristina de Borbón Dos Sicilias).

https://actualidad.terra.es/nacional/...ela_400309.htm

It will be an intimate and familiar ceremony with the gardens located in front of the main entrance of La Zarzuela as scenary. It shall be a sunny and warm evening, according to the meteorological forecasts. The archbishop of Madrid, Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, helped by the military archbishop, Francisco Perez, will baptize the new born with water brought from the Jordan river.
All the Royal Family (the Princess of Asturias on her fifth month of pregnancy) will attend it, as well as the paternal grandparents, Juan Maria Urdangarín and Clara Liebaert, uncles and cousins, along with some friends of the Dukes of Palma.

lula 07-13-2005 10:50 AM

I hope that the ceremony is not very long, because these days it is hot in Spain; the women the best that go with the fan, especially the Princess Letizia. I have desire of seeing that suits go, though since it is a baptism they will go simple enough, I imagine that the Infanta Elena will surprise with someone of her suits. And to seeing like all the children go, that it is sure that they do not stop a moment, how in Miguel's baptism.

GrandDuchess 07-13-2005 11:03 AM

Will the baptism be televised? Or will they keep it private?

lula 07-13-2005 11:12 AM

It will not be televised directly, but there will be images of television and photographies.

marezdote 07-13-2005 11:50 AM

I'm so excited for tomorrow. I love to see the whole family together!

sara1981 07-13-2005 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
Will the baptism be televised? Or will they keep it private?

i think its would be private or not! i dont think its would getting set-up as LIVE on the tv in the world im sure its only in Spain i think so im not sure my answer

Sara Boyce

Emily 07-13-2005 01:11 PM

Does anyone know if the child of Felipe and Letizia will also be baptized at the Zarzuela or will it be done in a church since this will be the heir to the throne?

LaChicaMadrilena 07-13-2005 02:17 PM

I think this child will also be babtized at the Z. It will be heir of the throne in the future, yes, but the King said that for the whole family it would be just normal kid, without any differences between it and his/her cousins.

carlota 07-13-2005 02:30 PM

not a lot to wait :)
does anyone know who will be there? any other royalty members except from the godparents an the spanish royal family? maybe some of the greek famiyl are there as well..

Anna_R 07-13-2005 03:04 PM

Well, the Spanish Royal family's baptisms usually are low-key, so I gather that we won't see a Royal gathering, except for the Greeks, who might show up.

Emily 07-13-2005 03:54 PM

[QUOTE=LaChicaMadrilena]I think this child will also be babtized at the Z. It will be heir of the throne in the future, yes, but the King said that for the whole family it would be just normal kid, without any differences between it and his/her cousins.

Thank you!

Elsa M. 07-14-2005 05:43 AM

https://www.abc.es/abc/pg050714/prens...AC-NAC-024.asp

The baptism will be attend by the whole Royal Family, as well as by the members of the paternal family of Irene, among them her grandparents, Juan Maria Urdangarín and Clara Liebaert, among other guests. Besides, also the president of the Government, José Luis Rodriguez Zapatero, and his wife, Sonsoles Espinosa are expected at the ceremony.

leon 07-14-2005 11:43 AM

What time?

Elsa M. 07-14-2005 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leon
What time?

7:30 p.m. (GMT+1)

leon 07-14-2005 11:49 AM

Thanks!!!!!!!

rchainho 07-14-2005 12:13 PM

Quote:

7:30 p.m. (GMT+1)

They said it in Corazon de Verano with Anne Igartiburu. I hope seeing Irene in Gente today.

lula 07-14-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rchainho
They said it in Corazon de Verano with Anne Igartiburu. I hope seeing Irene in Gente today.

Yes, Gente I imagine that already they put it and in the Telediario also. I hope that the baptism does not last a lot of time, because but they are going to melt!:D

althea 07-14-2005 01:54 PM

:p :p
I am wishing to sea all the Royal Family.As it is Irene? More handsome, safe.

lula 07-14-2005 03:21 PM

Still there are no photos. I have seen a bit in television, the girl was beautiful. The women was looking like the children that they had put in agreement, and they all were dressed in white and green tones. The baptism was in the garden of La Zarzuela, and it had hot.

Elsa M. 07-14-2005 03:30 PM

1 Attachment(s)
First photo and video, from Telecinco:

https://www.informativos.telecinco.es...in/dn_8445.htm

agm 07-14-2005 03:31 PM

VIDEO

https://maitrefunakoshi.free.fr/baut.rm

marezdote 07-14-2005 03:33 PM

3 Attachment(s)
1. From casareal.es Look how big Cristina's smile is as she looks at little Irene!

2, 3. From Terra.

Elsa M. 07-14-2005 04:01 PM

https://www.abc.es/abc/pg050714/actua...tizo_irene.asp

Irene Urdangarín y de Borbón hardly cried this evening when, at 8:22 p.m., the archbishop of Madrid, Antonio Maria Rouco Varela, spilled on her head the water coming from the river Jordan. The baptism was celebrated outdoors, at the gardens of La Zarzuela, in front of the small hermitage of the Palace, where the Kings have lived many familiar events.

It was still a sunny warm afternoon, when the Dukes of Palma arrived with their daughter in the arms of Doña Cristina. Following a familiar tradition, the girl was dressed in the same apron that was taken by the King, her uncle the Prince of Asturias and her aunt Infanta Elena, as well by as her mother, her cousins (Froilán and Victoria Federica) and her three brothers.

Moments before, in the hall of the Palace, there was a photo shoot for the familiar album.

Cardinal Rouco Varela celebrated the religious ceremony, helped by the military archbishop of Spain, Francisco Perez González, the prelate sent by the Pope, Serafín Sedano, and the secretary of the cardinal. Rouco used a shell made in golden silver (that belongs to the chapel of the RoyalPalace) to throw on the head of Irene the water of the river Jordan, with which, according to an old tradition, the Spanish Royal Family baptizes its members.

The new-born slept during almost all the ceremony, and only slightly cried when cardinal Rouco made a cross on her front.

During the celebration, the choir of the religious Daughters of Santa María del Corazón de Jesús (Galapagar, next to Madrid) sang several pieces. At the moment of the liturgy, the godfather, Pedro Lopez Quesada, read a fragment of Ezequiel Prophet, which speaks of the baptism, of spilling "on you the pure water that will purify you".

Elsa M. 07-14-2005 04:08 PM

Video from Antena3:
https://www.antena3.com/a3n2004/servl...=si&id=9664077

lula 07-14-2005 04:10 PM

I not to be placed photos here, for that know is more in Terra and abc.es

sarita 07-14-2005 04:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
abanico!!!
From Terra:

lucys 07-14-2005 04:22 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I don't think we should expect too many photos--it looked like there were just a couple of pool photographers.

It seemed like a very lovely and intimate ceremony--even if it was way too hot for 8 in the afternoon/evening. My sister in Madrid says Spain is just terribly hot these days.

A few images from reuters via Yahoo.com

cristine 07-14-2005 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarita
abanico!!!
From Terra:

Finally we can see a sign of Letizia's pregnancy!

Elsa M. 07-14-2005 04:25 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Photos from ABC:

lucys 07-14-2005 04:33 PM

9 Attachment(s)
More from Terra and ABC:

lula 07-14-2005 04:40 PM

The photo of the Queen Sofia kissing her granddaughter, and the photo of the Princess Letizia and Laura Ponte they are beautiful. Certainly, the Queen Sofia did photos with her camera during the baptism.

Lyle 07-14-2005 04:43 PM

I totally love the pictures of Letizia looking lovingly at the baby and the Queen kissing the baby's head...it's so nice to see the humanity of the royals. I think that the Spanish RF is a very loving and close family and that's great to see.

Elsa M. 07-14-2005 05:03 PM

2 Attachment(s)
GettyImages has the same photos as the above, so I'll put them here via Imageshack:

https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/2...81238qz.th.jpg https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/1...81286op.th.jpg https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/9...84279uv.th.jpg https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/2...84309gr.th.jpg https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/3...84344yn.th.jpg https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/6...84427fb.th.jpg https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/5...84484yh.th.jpg

lucys 07-14-2005 05:09 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Is it any wonder everyone came out of the hospital raving about what a beautiful baby Irene is! She's sooooo beautiful!

From Hola:

GrandDuchess 07-14-2005 05:15 PM

What a beautiful girl little Irene is! So cute!

It seems to have been a very nice and family close ceremony, very nice to see them all gathered together. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Larzen 07-14-2005 05:27 PM

How cute is little Irene:) I think Cristina looked very beautiful in her chiffon blouse and soft hairdo and her family really is very very handsome. Its nice that even if they have a private family ceremony they still allow photographers to be present.

marezdote 07-14-2005 06:22 PM

Thanks for the pics everyone! My very favorite pic is the one where Letizia and Laura are looking at Irene.

Regina 07-14-2005 06:55 PM

I completely agree with you, marezdote. I just love that pic too.

carlota 07-14-2005 07:28 PM

irene is just lovely... she really resembles miguelito :) how beautilful and what a lovely family.

Alexandria 07-14-2005 07:52 PM

Thank you everyone for the wonderful pictures! :)

Cristina looks wonderful (as usual!).

I hope there will be bigger (larger!) pictures of the little Urdangarin boys, too.

I barely recognized Simonetta in the picture of her with Cristina, Irene and Sofia.

In this picture I noticed quite a resemblance between Cristina and her father in their faces: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=168993.

Lady Jennifer 07-14-2005 08:15 PM

They are great pics. What a beautiful baby.
Question tho....I always thought Baptisms had to be held in a church. I'm Catholic myself & so is my whole family & we were all baptized in a church. Or can it be anyplace as long as you have a priest, the baby (or in some cases child or adult), the godparents & some Holy Water?
Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Oppie 07-14-2005 08:18 PM

I was wondering if someone could point out pictures of the godparents (I don't know what they look like)

SpiffyBallerina 07-14-2005 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
They are great pics. What a beautiful baby.
Question tho....I always thought Baptisms had to be held in a church. I'm Catholic myself & so is my whole family & we were all baptized in a church. Or can it be anyplace as long as you have a priest, the baby (or in some cases child or adult), the godparents & some Holy Water?
Just curious. Thanks in advance.

I'm Roman Catholic too, and I'm pretty sure the policy is that it must be done in water, by a priest, and in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Ghost in order for the Church to recognize it.

Anna_R 07-14-2005 08:47 PM

Thank you all for the pictures! They were really great!

Letizia looks stunning in this picture: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=169040

Cristina looked wonderful and baby Irene is cute beyond words. Watch out Iñaki for the little heartbreaker you helped to bring to the world:p

Emily 07-14-2005 09:25 PM

Wonderful photos and a beautiful ceremony. Thanks to all for posting them!

zarzuela 07-14-2005 09:48 PM

Thank you very much to all of those who have posted these lovely pictures!

Irene is a beautiful baby and Infanta Cristina's family is very gorgeous, don't you agree?

rere 07-14-2005 10:12 PM

Was Irene of Greece present?

I love the pictures from the baptism. Thanks!

mtbcm 07-15-2005 04:44 AM

Thank You all for Great pics and news about the Baptism.
Everyone looked so well together. Happy and Familiar.
Letizia looked beautifull (the pregnancy suits her very well :) ).

Regards.

marezdote 07-15-2005 05:42 AM

from hellomagazine.com

Garden Christining for the Newest Spanish Royal

https://hellomagazine.com/royalty/200...teninginfanta/

Elsa M. 07-15-2005 07:18 AM

The remaining photos from Getty Images:
(although some of them are repeated, these are bigger and with better definition, so I put them via Imageshack)

https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/6...84644uh.th.jpg https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/8...85608fu.th.jpg https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/7...93754uv.th.jpg https://img303.imageshack.us/img303/5185/o59fh.th.jpg

Elsa M. 07-15-2005 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Jennifer
They I always thought Baptisms had to be held in a church. I'm Catholic myself & so is my whole family & we were all baptized in a church. Or can it be anyplace as long as you have a priest, the baby (or in some cases child or adult), the godparents & some Holy Water?

Although the baptism was celebrated outdoors, it took place just in front of the private hermitage of the Palace, so guess it's considered an extension of the chapel itself...

Elsa M. 07-15-2005 08:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another close up, from Polfoto:

cristine 07-15-2005 09:19 AM

I thought it was really nice to have a baptism in the garden, specially if the garden is beautiful like this one.
Irene is one of the cuttest babies I've ever had seen and she looks a lot like Miguel.
And Cristina - very elegant - looks like her father.

marezdote 07-15-2005 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cristine
I thought it was really nice to have a baptism in the garden, specially if the garden is beautiful like this one.

I agree! The first thing I thought when I saw all the pics was what a pretty garden Zarzuela has.

lucys 07-15-2005 09:29 AM

One of the articles I read today described the image given by the Royal Family at the baptism as one of "discretion and elegance". I think that perfectly describes this particular royal family.

lula 07-15-2005 09:53 AM

I have seen several images of the baptism in the television. The truth is that all the women were going elegant enough and discreet. It is a shame that there are no any more photos.

The baptism was an almost an infantile party, there were many children (25 approximately), the grandsons of the Kings, the nephews of Urdangarín...

The Princess Letizia was pretty, but in her face one saw that she was a bit tired or oppressed. And it is normal, yesterday in Madrid there were 38 degrees at 8 p.m., it was the warmest day of the year.

Elsa M. 07-15-2005 09:59 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppie
I was wondering if someone could point out pictures of the godparents (I don't know what they look like)

Here's a photo, from ABC:

rchainho 07-15-2005 10:00 AM

Spanish royals gather for christening of Irene

https://www.expatica.com/source/site_...ening+of+Irene+

samitude 07-15-2005 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rere
Was Irene of Greece present?

I love the pictures from the baptism. Thanks!

You can see her in the first thumbnail that is a group picture. She's all the way on the right.

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...9&postcount=75

Elsa M. 07-15-2005 10:19 AM

ABC has big watermark free photos, so I replaced the ones from Terra here:
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...2&postcount=54

mtbcm 07-15-2005 11:06 AM

I love the expression of Victoria Frederica's face watching the gestures of the Irene's godfather.

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=169249

So cute :).

Regards.

lula 07-15-2005 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mtbcm
I love the expression of Victoria Frederica's face watching the gestures of the Irene's godfather.

Regards.

Victory already has a girl with the one that will be able to play, the truth is that the poor girl was surrounded always with children.:p

Sue- 07-15-2005 03:30 PM

The photos of Irene's baptism are wonderful! This family looks great together.
So thanks everyone for posting :)

Today I saw a short report on TV about the baptism. When Irene got the praise one could see Letizia in the background streches herself to have a clear sight toward ;)

pdas1201 07-15-2005 04:25 PM

Pics from East News. I hope they aren't repititions...

https://img319.imageshack.us/img319/3...15013rd.th.jpg https://img319.imageshack.us/img319/8...15031vv.th.jpg https://img319.imageshack.us/img319/6...15048gs.th.jpg https://img319.imageshack.us/img319/7...15054yl.th.jpg https://img319.imageshack.us/img319/7...15070oa.th.jpg https://img319.imageshack.us/img319/6...15115hj.th.jpg https://img319.imageshack.us/img319/3...15120ps.th.jpg https://img319.imageshack.us/img319/1...15130we.th.jpg

Elsa M. 07-15-2005 04:26 PM

Oh, these are great... and all different... thank you very much, Pdas! :)

Lula was right... Queen Sofia took photos with her camera, after all

lula 07-15-2005 04:30 PM

Pdas1201, thank you for the new photos, to seeing if with the days it turns out to be some more, because in all the sites they are equal. At least in these we see the godfathers.

pdas1201 07-15-2005 04:49 PM

You are most welcome, Elsa M. and Lula.

I know what you mean about the various agencies having the same photos. I had to sort through several pics to find out ones I hadn't seen.

I loved the one of Victoria Frederica standing in front of the assembled group of people and Elena walking towards her back into the group, so they can take an official pic of the group.

lula 07-15-2005 04:58 PM

How it was a more familiar act there were an alone camera and few photographers, these cases they allow to enter to the public means (tve and efe) that then distribute gratis the images. I would like to know how they are going to do it with the baptism of the son of the Princes, it will be a familiar ceremony, but informatively it is going to have great more it demands.

The family photo is a disaster, there was many people and overcoat many children, and they could not be placed very well like.

Alexandria 07-15-2005 06:40 PM

Other than the immediate family, Infantas Pilar and Infantas Margarita, Simonetta and Infanta Margarita's daughter (I forget her name, but she has blond hair), and Laura Ponte were there other family members there? Namely I am thinking of the Greek royals -- Cristina and her cousin Alexia are very close.

I have also not seen any close ups of Elena and her family or Felipe. I hope we'll get to see more pictures.

Ennyllorac 07-15-2005 07:01 PM

I think Alexia is at a point in her pregnancy that they don't want her to fly. Last pictures I saw of her she looked like she was ready to pop!

photofan 07-15-2005 09:34 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I have this one with miguel, pablo, juan, irene, inaki and cristina.

Hope you like it!!;)

lula 07-16-2005 03:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexandria
Other than the immediate family, Infantas Pilar and Infantas Margarita, Simonetta and Infanta Margarita's daughter (I forget her name, but she has blond hair), and Laura Ponte were there other family members there? Namely I am thinking of the Greek royals -- Cristina and her cousin Alexia are very close.

I have also not seen any close ups of Elena and her family or Felipe. I hope we'll get to see more pictures.

The daughter of the Infanta Margarita is called Maria. All the children of the Infantas were with their couples and the major grandsons. Of the Greek family only Irene was, Alexia was another day in Barcelona where she will give to light in a few weeks, I imagine that not this one for very much trip and less with these so high temperatures.
Though they are not members of the family, there were also Kubrat of Bulgaria and his wife Carla Royo-Villanova, Kubrat is the godfather of Pablo Nicolás (I believe)

rchainho 07-16-2005 12:55 PM

https://www.typicallyspanish.com/archive/n2291.html

SPANISH ROYAL BAPTISED IN MADRID

rchainho 07-16-2005 12:57 PM

Royal News Spains Royal Family Attend Christening

https://www.femalefirst.co.uk/entertainment/73922004.htm

Alexandria 07-16-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

The daughter of the Infanta Margarita is called Maria. All the children of the Infantas were with their couples and the major grandsons. Of the Greek family only Irene was, Alexia was another day in Barcelona where she will give to light in a few weeks, I imagine that not this one for very much trip and less with these so high temperatures.
Though they are not members of the family, there were also Kubrat of Bulgaria and his wife Carla Royo-Villanova, Kubrat is the godfather of Pablo Nicolás (I believe)

Thanks for your explanation lula. I can never remember Maria's name for some reason.

The Spanish royals seem to be very close with the Bulgarian royals -- I guess it is given the fact that the wives of the Bulgarian princes are Spanish born (Carla, Miriam, Rosario).

lula 07-16-2005 04:16 PM

Alexandria, not only their wives are Spanish, the Royal Family of Bulgaria has lived through great part their exile in Spain. The wife of Simeón is Margarita Gómez-Acebo, Spanish woman and relative of the husband of the Infanta Pilar.

Princess BellyFlop 07-16-2005 04:25 PM

Elena seems to be failing at the challenge of raising her children. Not only are they boring to the eye but they always seem to misbehave at the worst time: Froilan at Felipe's wedding and Vittoria at this baptism.