The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Imperial Family of Japan (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f68/)
-   -   Princess Victoria of Sweden's Official Visit to Japan: April 5-10, 2005 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f68/princess-victoria-of-swedens-official-visit-to-japan-april-5-10-2005-a-5565.html)

Dennism 03-17-2005 04:01 AM

Princess Victoria of Sweden's Official Visit to Japan: April 5-10, 2005

TOKYO — Swedish Crown Princess Victoria and Industry and Trade Minister Thomas Östros will visit Japan in April to attend the Swedish national day at the 2005 World Exposition in Aichi Prefecture, Swedish Embassy officials said Wednesday.

Sweden, together with four other Nordic countries, will present a joint Nordic exhibition pavilion at the Aichi Expo under the theme "The Oasis in the North," which focuses on design, the environment and energy, the officials said. (Kyodo News)

There is more about the expo here

Dennism 03-23-2005 01:24 AM

Sights Old and New at Aichi Expo 05

World´s Fair organizers just hope they will see crowds.

https://www.philly.com/images/common/spacer.gif
AP
https://www.philly.com/images/common/spacer.gif
Nagakute, Japan - Imagine a future where robots work as receptionists and street cleaners, and cities build walls of vegetation to combat global warming. Or better, check out this year's World's Fair, where caring for the environment goes hand in hand with technological innovation.

The fair, opening Friday in the central Japanese prefecture of Aichi, also will boast something from the past: a 10,000-year-old Siberian woolly mammoth.

Aichi Expo 2005 plans to display an almost perfectly preserved head of the mammoth, complete with majestic, curved tusks and tufts of fur protruding from its gray skin, which scientists excavated from the Siberian tundra in June.

"Expos must address issues of global concern," Toshio Nakamura, the secretary-general of this exposition, said. "We are focusing on things you experience - what you can do only if you come to the venue."

Despite the presence of an ancient beast and grand visions of high-tech urbanites flourishing side by side with nature, organizers have set a low bar for the fair's success, given the poor track records of the last two world expositions.

Nakamura said Aichi fair organizers hoped to draw 15 million visitors by the time the expo closes Sept. 25, including 1.5 million from overseas. This target is far below the 40 million visitors organizers reportedly aimed to attract when the idea for hosting the 2005 exposition was hatched in the late 1980s.

The 2000 exposition in Hanover, Germany, brought in 18 million people, far short of an initially projected 40 million, leaving organizers $1 billion in the red. The German government was stuck paying off two-thirds of the debt.

The 1998 fair in Lisbon, Portugal, drew 10 million visitors, below the 15 million target, and lost nearly $340 million.

Putting on the Aichi exposition has required a large investment: Just building the exhibition site and its pavilions has cost about $3.23 billion.

Local and national governments have also spent billions of dollars constructing a new airport and highways to the site. The private sector, which operates the new international airport serving Nagoya, also pitched in for the extra infrastructure.

It remains to be seen whether people will attend.

As was the case with Hanover, critics are questioning the point of holding a world fair in the age of the Internet and the jet plane.

The earliest world fairs, starting with the first in London in 1851, allowed host nations to showcase their industrial power and gave guest countries the opportunity to introduce themselves to the rest of the globe.

Japan, for one, used the 1873 Vienna exposition to open trade routes with Europe after centuries of near-total isolation.

Today, the curious only need book a plane ticket to travel halfway around the world, or simply surf the Web to explore other cultures and new ideas.

Despite such doubts, the Aichi exposition has attracted pavilions from 122 countries, including the United States, which skipped the Hanover exposition because of a shortage of private-sector financing.

"We've had an overwhelming response," said Lisa Guillermin Gable, the commissioner general of the U.S. exhibition, noting 41 companies and 18 states had signed up as sponsors for the American pavilion.

The U.S. pavilion features a live feed of images from Mars via the Mars Rover - the only place in the world where these shots can be seen by the public - and a model of a fuel-cell car developed by General Motors.

It is the oldest item at the expo that may attract the most attention, however.

Mammoths appeared in Africa about four million years ago and roamed the plains of Siberia for nearly two million years before suddenly dying off 10,000 years ago. Scientists remain divided over the cause of the mammoths' extinction, with theories pointing at human hunters, a killer disease, or climate change.

Experts hope the specimen on display will provide clues to why the beasts became extinct.

GrandDuchess 03-23-2005 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dennism
TOKYO — Swedish Crown Princess Victoria and Industry and Trade Minister Thomas Östros

And I still miss the old Minister for Trade & Industry, Leif Pagrotsky, who made such a fantastic team together with Crown Princess Victoria.... *nostalgic* :) (I will try not to repeat this every time it says she's going somewhere with the new minister... :D)

Crown Princess Victoria and the Minister will travel to Japan withl a little entourage of people whom will represent Sweden at the pavillion for The Sweden Day on 6 April. Among them are a group from Cirkus Cirkör (modern circus), Sahara Hotnights (rock group), Ana (pop singer, she did the theme song for the Spiderman film) and Carl-Einar Häckner (comedian, magician).

HMQueenElizabethII 03-23-2005 07:30 AM

She seems very busy.Thanks for news.

Danielle 03-23-2005 10:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GrandDuchess
And I still miss the old Minister for Trade & Industry, Leif Pagrotsky, who made such a fantastic team together with Crown Princess Victoria.... *nostalgic* :) (I will try not to repeat this every time it says she's going somewhere with the new minister... :D)

Crown Princess Victoria and the Minister will travel to Japan withl a little entourage of people whom will represent Sweden at the pavillion for The Sweden Day on 6 April. Among them are a group from Cirkus Cirkör (modern circus), Sahara Hotnights (rock group), Ana (pop singer, she did the theme song for the Spiderman film) and Carl-Einar Häckner (comedian, magician).

Thank you for the information. Wow. Victoria is quite busy. She flew all the way to Australia, went back home; and now she is flying all the way to Japan, which isn't that far from Australia. Such long trips to make so close to one another. The Sweden Day sounds like a lot of fun. :p

GrandDuchess 03-24-2005 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Danielle
Thank you for the information. Wow. Victoria is quite busy. She flew all the way to Australia, went back home; and now she is flying all the way to Japan, which isn't that far from Australia

Yes, and soon she's off to Bangladesh and Sri Lanka!

Lena 03-24-2005 04:13 PM

Quote:

What is the source to this? I wonder, because it was also said Victoria would go on the 26th to the Expo in Aichi. I know, that the Sweden day is on the 6th, but I´ve thought she would maybe prefer to travel to Japan from Bangladesh or Sri Lanka...and would give the Swedish pavillion a "second Sweden day" through this.

GrandDuchess 03-24-2005 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lena
What is the source to this? I wonder, because it was also said Victoria would go on the 26th to the Expo in Aichi. I know, that the Sweden day is on the 6th, but I´ve thought she would maybe prefer to travel to Japan from Bangladesh or Sri Lanka...and would give the Swedish pavillion a "second Sweden day" through this.

My source is the Government Offices. She won't go on the 26th, only on the 6th - which is the Sweden Day. That previous date was wrong, and it must've been a mix up or something.

GrandDuchess 04-05-2005 11:03 AM

Princess Victoria's Official Visit to Japan; April 5-10, 2005

Schedule for Crown Princess Victoria’s visit to Japan, 5-10 April 2005

Wednesday 6 April

*Attendance at Expo 2005 and the official opening of “The Swedish National Day” and a visit to the Japanese pavilion, attendance at the Swedish cultural programme at Dome Theatre
* Press meeting with Swedish and Japanese media
* Opening of an exhibition of Swedish produced things for children at the Matsuzakaya department store in Nagoya

Thursday 7 April

* Visit to the Umezono Primary School in Okazaki (friendship city to Sweden), where she will follow the classes in calligraphy and gymnastics, lunch with students from the school
* Visit to the Swedish Chamber of Commerce in Japan
* Dinner with Crown Prince Naruhito in the Akasaka Palace

Friday 8 April

* Attendance at a seminar hosted by The Swedish Care Institute in Tokyo
* Opening of a design exhibition at the Swedish Embassy in Tokyo
* Attendance, together with Princess Takamado, when the foundation to a new IKEA store is laid in Yokohama
* Attendance at a reception at the Swedish Embassy in Tokyo, attended by Prince and Princess Hitachi (Prince Hitachi is the protector of the Japan-Sweden Society)

Saturday 9 April

* Luncheon with the Emperor and Empress of Japan

Dennism 04-06-2005 02:13 AM

10 Attachment(s)
at the Nordic Pavilion of the 2005 World Expo on April 6, 2005 in Nagakute, Aichi prefecture of Japan.

Dennism 04-06-2005 02:20 AM

8 Attachment(s)
More from Japan today. Looking gorgeous as usual.

Dennism 04-06-2005 03:05 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Two more from this afternoon:

HMQueenElizabethII 04-06-2005 03:30 AM

Thanks so much for photos.Lovelyyy.

Dennism 04-06-2005 03:51 AM

You´re welcome. Yes, they are lovely.

Danielle 04-06-2005 04:05 AM

Great photos. Thanks! While I am not overly fond of these shoes, they are a thousand times better than the other ones (sorry, I just had to bring it up :)). I think we are starting to see "Aussie Victoria" reappear in these photos. Thank goodness! It certainly is a vast improvement from the HCA events. The coat suits her, I think, and the pony tail, although still there, looks a little tidier and less noticeable.

Dennism 04-06-2005 04:06 AM

2 Attachment(s)
You´re welcome, Danielle. Here are two more photos.

Josefine 04-06-2005 04:50 AM

I like this dress
will she travel home after japan or go ahead to her tour in asia

Dennism 04-06-2005 05:15 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Some more photos from Japan. That´s Minister for Industry and Trade Thomas Östros in the 4th photo.

Anita 04-06-2005 05:36 AM

Princess Victoria is a beautiful girl but I really don't like her wearing glasses . I think that it really doesn't suit her, it makes her appear more old . I wonder why she never wears contact lens ??! Has she an allergy or something like that ?

Dennism 04-06-2005 05:42 AM

3 Attachment(s)
More photos from Japan. Victoria visits a Swedish-made toy shop at the expo. Look at that beautiful face in the 2nd photo. She is "psyched" and "ready to rumble" as we say in the American vernacular. Then she must have scored. Måååååål! She screams out!

Josefine 04-06-2005 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anita
Princess Victoria is a beautiful girl but I really don't like her wearing glasses . I think that it really doesn't suit her, it makes her appear more old . I wonder why she never wears contact lens ??! Has she an allergy or something like that ?

is it not good that she wears glasses becouse the younger girls see that its not something they only wear
I hope that you understand what i mean

I do not like when victoria wears glases in gala but if she needs it to see better then i can object
but her wearing glasses when she "works" does not botrher me at all

Lena 04-06-2005 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
is it not good that she wears glasses becouse the younger girls see that its not something they only wear
I hope that you understand what i mean

I do not like when victoria wears glases in gala but if she needs it to see better then i can object
but her wearing glasses when she "works" does not botrher me at all

Hm, since she wears her glasses more, I wear mine less :D Well, I don´t need them really. And I wonder, how much Victoria needs them. She has gotten them very late (at 11 or 12), so I wonder if her visual defect is really so strong, that she needs permanently glasses. I know, that some children and teenagers develop a visual defect later in their growing years (for me it was reversed...I got glasses at 4 and since then my visus has improved permanently) but I guess this isn´t the norm.
I think member Alva, who I haven´t seen for a while, is an optician...maybe she could say more.

Thank you for the pictures. It seems now the long (boring?) hours with Daniel in the ice hockey stadiums make sense ;)

Anita 04-06-2005 09:27 AM

;) [QUOTE=Lena]Hm, since she wears her glasses more, I wear mine less :D Well, I don´t need them really. And I wonder, how much Victoria needs them. She has gotten them very late (at 11 or 12), so I wonder if her visual defect is really so strong, that she needs permanently glasses.

I remember that Victoria didn't wear glasses even when she was "at work" a few years ago . It's a very recent thing . So it's very strange . Maybe she only wants to look more stylish or serious or something like that ...

Lena 04-06-2005 11:13 AM

Take a look at the japanese photographing in the background. I would say, they wear lime-green trucker caps. What a tribute :D
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...hmentid=121320

GrandDuchess 04-06-2005 12:34 PM

8 Attachment(s)
Crown Princess Victoria at The Sweden Day at Expo 2005 in Aichi, Japan. These are from Fotomarktplatz:

GrandDuchess 04-06-2005 12:45 PM

From YAHOO!

https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ss_xkan102.jpg
Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria, left, receives the flowers from Kevin Ahrlind, right, and his brother Jonathan, dressed in Japanese traditional 'hakama' trousers, as she arrives at the Nordic Joint Pavilion of the Aichi Expo 2005 on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 at Nagakute, Aichi prefecture in central Japan. The world fair is on the themes of the technology and the environment. The brothers are half Swedish and half Japanese, living in a nearby city in the prefecture. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ss_xkan105.jpg
Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria arrives at the Nordic Joint Pavilion of the Aichi Expo 2005 on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 at Nagakute, Aichi prefecture in central Japan. The world fair is on the themes of the technology and the environment. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ss_xkan101.jpg
Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria arrives at the Nordic Joint Pavilion of the Aichi Expo 2005 on Wednesday, April 6, 2005 at Nagakute, Aichi prefecture in central Japan. The world fair is on the themes of the technology and the environment. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

GrandDuchess 04-06-2005 12:47 PM

From YAHOO!

https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ss_xkan105.jpg
Swedish Crown Princess Victoria admires cherry blossoms flower arrangement during her inspection tour to a one-week Swedish baby toy fair at Matsuzakaya department store in Nagoya, central Japan, Wednesday, April 6, 2005. Victoria attended the Sweden Day event celebrated at Aichi Expo world's fair near Nagoya earlier in the day. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ss_xkan108.jpg
Swedish Crown Princess Victoria celebrates after scoring a goal as she plays a hockey game with Swedish Industry and Trade Minister Thomas Oestros during her inspection tour to a one-week Swedish baby toy fair at Matsuzakaya department store in Nagoya, central Japan, Wednesday, April 6, 2005. Victoria attended the Swedish Day event celebrated at Aichi Expo world's fair near Nagoya earlier in the day. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

https://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com...ss_xkan107.jpg
Swedish Crown Princess Victoria, right, plays a hockey game with Swedish Industry and Trade Minister Thomas Oestros, left, during her inspection tour to a one-week Swedish baby toy fair at Matsuzakaya department store in Nagoya, central Japan, Wednesday, April 6, 2005. Victoria attended the Swedish Day event celebrated at Aichi Expo world's fair near Nagoya earlier in the day. (AP Photo/Shizuo Kambayashi)

Alisa 04-06-2005 12:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lovely, lovely photos. I looove her outfit. It's youthful, chic,and hip.:)

She looks great except for that darn ponytail...:eek: Seriously, I think she would've looked sooo much nicer if she had her hair done like this...

rop81 04-06-2005 04:30 PM

I really liked her suit, and the ponytail was not too bad... It will be interesting to see what she will wear the other days, if she will continue with the good taste she had in sydney. That good taste seems to only be used when she is abroad and not present here at home (atleast not as often).:confused:

Larzen 04-06-2005 04:46 PM

I must say Victoria impresses me with her work ethics, first Australia then Denmark and now Japan, soon to be followed by another trip. Well done to her:D The minister she travel with now looks like a drag, nothing like the little youthful one she used to trave with.....Patgorsky something???

I love her suit and the shoes are Ok, better than the grandma pumps she used during the latest state visit, and since I have settled on the fact that Victoria will not loose her ponytail anyday soon, the next best thing would be to chop of atleast half of it, she can always use extensions for galas like her mother does.

Josefine 04-06-2005 05:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
would this be her throne as Queen of Sweden

mgrant 04-06-2005 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anita

I wear glasses so Princess Victoria is my girl!

As I was looking at the pictures of Princess Victoria in Japan, I realized that my admiration of her has increased. She always looks like she enjoys whatever the country's dignataries have planned for her and she's game to do practically anything. I think she's wonderful with or without the glasses and the ponytail:D

Dennism, I am a fan of your wife-to-be:D Princess Victoria rules!!!:p

Dennism 04-07-2005 12:15 AM

She does indeed rule! So many people are fans and Mgrant has touched on some of the reasons why.

"The minister she travel with now looks like a drag, nothing like the little youthful one she used to trave with.....Patgorsky something???"

Leif Pagrotsky was the former trade minister. He was more interesting than Mr. Östross. He is now the Minister for Education, Research and Culture. He is big on promoting Swedish pop singers and rock groups which is great. Yes, quite youthful.

"she can always use extensions for galas like her mother does."

Yes, it would be marvelous if she wore her hair like her mother does at the Nobel dinners. But hardly practical. But that would look great.

"would this be her throne as Queen of Sweden"

Ha ha ha. Very funny. A futuristic queen!

Dennism 04-07-2005 12:24 AM

10 Attachment(s)
More photos of Victoria from her first day in Japan:

Dennism 04-07-2005 12:25 AM

1 Attachment(s)
One more from yesterday:

defalco 04-07-2005 12:25 AM

Like it or not, she obviously prefers to wear her hair this way so I think we should all try to focus on it's beauty! I too would love to see her hair down more, but every person has there own personal likes and dislikes. :-)

HMQueenElizabethII 04-07-2005 03:45 AM

So lovely.Thanks lots for photos.

Lena 04-07-2005 05:34 AM

4 Attachment(s)
OKAZAKI, JAPAN - APRIL 7: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden attends a welcome ceremony with Japanese students in the schoolyard of Umezono elementary school on April 7, 2005 in Okazaki, Aichi Prefecture, Japan. Okazaki city is one of the friendship town of Sweden. (Photo by Koichi Kamoshida/Getty Images)

rere 04-07-2005 05:37 AM

Thanks for the pictures.

I like this style for Victoria. I just wish she would wear her hair in a variety of styles.

Lena 04-07-2005 05:45 AM

Jema has posted an interesting link on the CPMB, thanks to her for it( https://crownprincessmary.ipbhost.com/index.php?):

https://www.expo2005.or.jp/jp/E0/E1/asx/top...1m180sweden.asx

elizahawthorne 04-07-2005 05:47 AM

She so glamourizes glasses....ahem...and she seems to be a good sport

GrandDuchess 04-07-2005 08:09 AM

3 Attachment(s)
From Fotomarktplatz: Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria visited a primary school in Okazaki Thursday. She was invited to participate in a class that studied traditional kalligrafi. The Crown Princess was thought how to write the word friend. Afterwards the Crown princess and children had a picnic lunch on the lawn outside the school..Victoria received gifts in origami and kalligrafi.

GrandDuchess 04-07-2005 08:25 AM

7 Attachment(s)
From Getty: Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden attends a welcome ceremony with Japanese students in the schoolyard of Umezono elementary school on April 7, 2005 in Okazaki, Aichi Prefecture, Japan. Okazaki city is one of the friendship town of Sweden.

GrandDuchess 04-07-2005 09:26 AM

4 Attachment(s)
Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan hosted a dinner for Crown Princess Victoria on Thursday 7 April in his Toky residence, Togu Palace. These pictures are from Polfoto and AP (and I have absolutely no comment whatsoever on her outfit, I don't think I would be able to controll myself in such a comment... :D )

GrandDuchess 04-07-2005 09:28 AM

If you go here (at the official Expo 2005 website), you can see a little video with Crown Princess Victoria at Expo 2005 yesterday.

GrandDuchess 04-07-2005 10:26 AM

3 Attachment(s)
Three more from Fotomarktplatz: Sweden's Crown Princess Victoria visited a primary school in Okazaki Thursday. She was invited to participate in a class that studied traditional kalligrafi. The Crown Princess was thought how to write the word friend. Afterwards the Crown princess and children had a picnic lunch on the lawn outside the school..Victoria received gifts in origami and kalligrafi.

pdas1201 04-07-2005 11:52 AM

Quote:

Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan hosted a dinner for Crown Princess Victoria on Thursday 7 April in his Toky residence, Togu Palace. These pictures are from Polfoto and AP (and I have absolutely no comment whatsoever on her outfit, I don't think I would be able to controll myself in such a comment... :D )

Didn't she just wear it in Denmark for the HCA Bicentenary?? That's repeating it a little to quickly. Actually, on the whole, even I am not a big fan of the outfit. I don't if its the color of the jacket or the big flower on it. Also, the less I say about the pony the better.

On a less harsher note, Victoria is most certainly enjoying herself. It is clearly evident on her face, its something I love about her--her infectious laughter which just makes me want to laugh with her. I guess that's why I love watching her.

pdas1201 04-07-2005 12:00 PM

VICTORIA RECEIVES HEARTFELT WELCOME IN JAPAN

6 APRIL 2005
Hellomagazine

Crown Princess Victoria would have been forgiven for thinking she was back home in Sweden when she jetted into the Japanese city of Nagakute this week, because upon her arrival she was greeted by a huge crowd of well-wishers all waving Swedish flags.

While quite a number of people had turned out to catch a glimpse of the European visitor, it was a little boy called Kevin Ahrlind that made the biggest impression. Victoria broke into a broad smile when the youngster, in traditional Japanese dress, presented her with a bunch of flowers.

The princess is visiting Japan to represent her home country at the 2005 World Expo. Sweden has collaborated with four other Nordic countries to present an expansive exhibition entitled "The Oasis In The North" as this year's event.

But there is another reason for the intense interest that surrounds her visit to the populous nation. The country looks almost certain to amend its constitution so that three-year-old Princess Aiko, the only child of Crown Prince Naruhito and Princess Masako, can ascend to the Chrysanthemum throne. And although many conservative lobbyists in Japan are opposed to the move, advocates are pointing to Sweden, which changed its laws in 1979 so Victoria could succeed her father

Alisa 04-07-2005 12:01 PM

Thanks for all the photos Grand Duchess. I especially like the school photos. Victoria looks very nice sans the ponytail, her coat looks great too (Chanel?).

GrandDuchess 04-07-2005 04:48 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pictures from yesterday, April 7, from The Sweden Day at Expo 2005 in Aichi. From AAP:

HMQueenElizabethII 04-07-2005 05:44 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Prince Naruhito and Princess Victoria at Togu Palace yesterday:

Ms Layevska 04-07-2005 09:29 PM

Does this chick ever get a day off?????

Ennyllorac 04-07-2005 09:36 PM

Victoria is lovely and she is doing an excellent job in representing her country. However, I wish she would do something with her hair. The ponytail is making her look like a teenager.

Dennism 04-08-2005 12:43 AM

[QUOTE ]Victoria is lovely and she is doing an excellent job in representing her country... Does this chick ever get a day off?????[/QUOTE]

Yes, lovely and hard-working. Some of the reasons why her fans love her so much. Great photos from today.

"...her infectious laughter which just makes me want to laugh with her. I guess that's why I love watching her."

Well said.

Dennism 04-08-2005 01:00 AM

10 Attachment(s)
Pretty in Pink and drop dead gorgeous is Crown Princess Victoria as she visits the exhibit "Home Swedish Home" At the Swedish Embassy on Friday, April 8, 2005. That little girl in the one photo looks like she had trouble standing up. Either the Crown Princess bowled her over with her presence(very likely) or she had too much of the leftover glögg(less likely).

Dennism 04-08-2005 01:28 AM

5 Attachment(s)
More from the visit to the Swedish embassy. Note the lovely cherry blossom trees. In Tokyo, they are best viewed between April 7 and 12. Normally, they bloom in Tokyo around March 28th. If you are in Washington DC in April, you can also see them around the Tidal Basin at the Jefferson Memorial:

Yennie 04-08-2005 06:09 AM

I think the pink colour is ok, and I love when she wears bright colours instead of grey and black... BUT:
Whats with the model of the dress/raincoat?! She should show her fantastic figure instead of hiding it :)

Gita 04-08-2005 09:12 AM

Shoes

Has anyone noticed Victoria is wearing those shoes again! The ones she wore many times last month in Australia. :)

Larzen 04-08-2005 09:35 AM

https://pub.tv2.no/nettavisen/side2/k...&slide=0#slide

A nice picture special of Victoria. Norwegian Netttavisen has again covered Victorias trips with big pictures without watermark, they never used to do that before.....

I have no comment on the shiny pink raincoat with the white shoes and bag she used the whole Australia trip:cool: The gold jacket looks a little to familiar:p

The white chanel-esque coat looked lovely on her though

GrandDuchess 04-08-2005 09:41 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are some more pictures of Crown Princess Victoria at the opening of "Home Swedish Home" at the Swedish Embassy on Friday 8 April. The pics are from Aap and Fotomarktplatz:

Yennie 04-08-2005 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gita
Has anyone noticed Victoria is wearing those shoes again! The ones she wore many times last month in Australia. :)

Yes, they must be her new favourite pair of shoes!
I think they looks good, but there are limits for everything :D

HMQueenElizabethII 04-08-2005 10:18 AM

She look so beautiful today.Thanks lots for photo.

GrandDuchess 04-08-2005 12:47 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Crown Princess Victoria and Princess Takamado of Japan, assisted by the IKEA Japan managing director Tommy Kullberg, performs the traditional "ground breaking" ceremony for the new IKEA store in Yokohama (from Fmp):

Dennism 04-08-2005 06:30 PM

Thanks for the photos, GrandDuchess. That´s a great picture special, Larzen. Thanks for posting it. It´s great that they did one.

Danielle 04-09-2005 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gita
Has anyone noticed Victoria is wearing those shoes again! The ones she wore many times last month in Australia.

Yes, I have noticed, and I'm not too impressed either.

I just noticed the photos from Togu Palace. She's wearing that disgusting jacket again, and so close to its last appearance. :(

Despite my gripes, Victoria seems to be enjoying herself and, even though she can wear some terrible clothing sometimes, she always has her smile. A smile is the most important 'accessory' anyone can have. :)

Thank you everyone for the photos!

agisele 04-10-2005 05:11 AM

I love the white suit that she wore with the light brown borders near the collar. as for the pink suit, i like the color, but i'm not too sure if it looks that great when one is decked out in head to toe pink. The suit that she wore to the dinner that Prince Naruhito's dinner was alright, though I did like the little detail of the flower she added. Overall, I love the fact that she's beginning to change her clothing styles for the better, let's hope that she keeps this up once she returns to Sweden. (C:

Josefine 04-10-2005 03:44 PM

no new photos of victoria?
but there was a article in aftonbladet

sara1981 04-10-2005 05:07 PM

she very lovely!

and she meets Crown Prince and she not meet Crown Princess yet?

Sara Boyce

GrandDuchess 04-10-2005 06:26 PM

7 Attachment(s)
From Fotomarktplatz: Swedish Crown Princess Victoria ended her four-day visit to Japan with a private visit to the Hakone Open Air Museum in the Hakone-Fuji National Park near Mount Fuji in the Shizuoka Prefecture. The Princess joined thousands of other visitors to walk among the sculptures in the spring sun

Dennism 04-10-2005 07:46 PM

Thanks for these photos. That looks like an cool open air museum. Interesting sculptures they have there.

Alisa 04-10-2005 09:50 PM

Thanks for the photos. Although, it is a pity Victoria couldn't enjoy her private time as the cameras were there...

Danielle 04-11-2005 12:51 AM

Quote:

From Fotomarktplatz: Swedish Crown Princess Victoria ended her four-day visit to Japan with a private visit to the Hakone Open Air Museum in the Hakone-Fuji National Park near Mount Fuji in the Shizuoka Prefecture. The Princess joined thousands of other visitors to walk among the sculptures in the spring sun

Thank you GrandDuchess for the wonderful photos. There sure are some impressive sculptures. I must go and visit the Museum some day. :)

HMQueenElizabethII 04-11-2005 09:35 AM

She really lovely.Thanks lots for photos.

GrandDuchess 04-11-2005 09:55 AM

1 Attachment(s)
This past Saturday, 9 April, Crown Princess Victoria was invited to lunch with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko. This is the only pic I've seen so far, it's from the Royal Court (Pressens Bild originally):

Yennie 04-11-2005 02:50 PM

Do you think this was Victorias first earthquake experience? We don´t have many i Sweden :)

"We talked about the earthqake on the way to the airport, but the princess was not worried. She was happy and relaxed,, says the Swedish ambassador Mikael Lindström

https://www.aftonbladet.se/vss/nyhete...629853,00.html

Dennism 04-11-2005 11:40 PM

O, that´s interesting. I thought she was already out of the country by the time of the earthquake. Thanks for the article. I wonder if it was indeed. Yes, not many earthquakes in Sweden. :)

Josefine 04-13-2005 12:59 AM

”Jag är ingen reklampelare”

Volvo ville ”vika ut” Victoria på motorhuv

TOKYO.
Volvos fräcka pr-kupp i Japan misslyckades.
Kronprinsessan Victoria vägrade att vara pinuppa på motorhuven till en av företagets bilar.
– Jag är ingen reklampelare för enskilda företag, sa hon irriterat.

Kronprinsessan Victoria besökte i går den svenska ambassaden i Tokyo där hon invigde en designutställning. Efter intervjuer med pressen var det dags att åka vidare.
Men när Victoria kom ut från ambassaden var hennes svarta limousine borta.

Ville ta ”fräcka bilder”
Iställlet hade Volvo parkerat en av sina bilar på uppfarten till ambassaden.
En fotograf från företaget insisterade plötsligt på att Victoria skulle hoppa upp på huven till bilen så att han kunde få lite ”fräcka bilder”.
Men kronprinsessan vägrade.
– Var är vår bil? frågade hon irriterat en av Säpovakterna, som bara ryckte på axlarna.
Under ett par minuter rådde allmän förvirring innan Victoria ensam fick klara ut situationen.
– Jag är ingen reklampelare för enskilda företag. Jag kan sätta mig i bilen och åka, men jag poserar absolut inte, sa hon.
– Victoria är mycket medveten om att olika företag försöker utnyttja hennes roll i marknadsföring för sina produkter. Och det är det sista hon vill, säger hovmarskalken Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.

”Se kritiskt på modehusen”
Under sin resa i Japan har Victoria betonat att ungdomar ska vara på sin vakt mot stora företag som försöker påverka dem.
– Jag tycker exempelvis att unga tjejer ska se kritiskt på modehusen och deras märken. För mig är det viktigare att bära kläder som jag tycker om, har Victoria sagt.
Nu väntar två dagars ledighet i Japan. Sedan reser kronprinsessan till Bangladesh för att besöka de katastrofområden som drabbades av tsunamin på annandag jul.

https://www.aftonbladet.se

Josefine 04-13-2005 12:59 AM

can someone help me with a summery i cant get the context right

Dennism 04-13-2005 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josefine
”Jag är ingen reklampelare”

Volvo ville ”vika ut” Victoria på motorhuv

TOKYO.
Volvos fräcka pr-kupp i Japan misslyckades.
Kronprinsessan Victoria vägrade att vara pinuppa på motorhuven till en av företagets bilar.
– Jag är ingen reklampelare för enskilda företag, sa hon irriterat.

"I am not an advertisement".

Volvo wanted to "reveal" Victoria on the hood or bonnet of a car.

Volvo´s crass public relations coup backfires.

Crown Princess Victoria declined to be a pinup on the hood for the car company.

"I am not an advertisement for a private company" she said irritably.

Crown Princess Victoria went to the Swedish embassy yesterday in Tokyo to open a Design exhibition. Immediately after interviews with the press, she was to travel onwards. But when Victoria came out of the embassy, each of her black limousines were gone.

"Wanted to take cheeky or audacious or inappropriate photos"

In place of the limos, Volvo had parked their own cars on the ramp to the embassy. A photographer from the company insisted suddenly to Victoria that she should hop up onto the hood of the car so that he could take a few audacious or cool photos. But the Crown Princess declined:

"Where is our car"? She asked, annoyed, the SÄPO(security services) agents, as they only shrugged their shoulders. In the course of a couple of minutes, universal confusion prevailed before Victoria figured out the situation.

"I am not an advertisement for a private(or specific) company. I can seat myself into the car and ride. But I will certainly not pose" she said.

"Victoria is very aware that companies are attempting to use her(and her image) in marketing for their products and that is the last thing that she wants to do" said TRF cult figure Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg.

"Critically watch the fashion house"

During her trip to Japan, Victoria accentuated how the youth have to be on their guard against big companies and their attempts to influence them:

"I think for instance about how the youngest girls will look critically at the fashion house on their label. For me it is more important that one is wearing clothes at all" Victoria had said.

Now she has two days of relaxation in Japan. Then the Crown Princess will be leaving for Bangladesh to visit the disaster area that was affected by the tsunami last Boxing Day.

GrandDuchess 04-13-2005 12:08 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a new pic of the occasion when Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan hosted a dinner for Crown Princess Victoria, Thursday 7 April, in his Tokyo residence, Togu Palace. Picture from Fotomarktplatz:

GrandDuchess 04-13-2005 12:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Crown Princess Victoria in Japan on Saturday 9 April when she was invited to lunch with Emperor Akihito and Empress Michiko accompanied by Princess Sayako. From Fotomarktplatz:

Lena 04-18-2005 10:40 AM

Article from the daily Yomiuri (first seen on the crown princess Mary board). Here is the part on Victoria (I will post the part on Haakon in the norwegian RF-forum):
https://www.yomiuri.co.jp/newse/20050415wo42.htm

Swedish princess grows into role

Crown Princess Victoria became heir to the Swedish throne when the law was amended in 1979. Even during her childhood, as a photogenic and bright young girl, she was the focal point of a media circus and sometimes found it difficult coping with the attention.

Now grown up, Princess Victoria is serious about her duty and responsibility and is prepared for the future.

"I don't like to talk about it (the succession) that much. It means that my father is no longer around," she said when asked how she felt about becoming the first Swedish queen in modern history.

"Of course, I feel pressure" on becoming head of state, she said, but added that she now sees it in a different light.

"I look forward to being able to help Swedish people and Sweden," she said. Asked in what way, she said, "I see myself more as an ambassador for Sweden." She has being living up to her aim--as well as visiting Japan, she visited Australia earlier in the year.

Preparing for a foreign trip, she reads background materials the Swedish Embassy provides and meets as many people as possible before leaving Sweden. "I try to be a good ambassador," she said. It may consume a lot of energy, but she seems to enjoy it. "It's fun, because it means that I learn a lot of different things, and it's always exciting, of course," she said.

Princess Victoria made headlines when she visited Kosovo in 2002 and went through military training for three weeks in 2003. When asked of her military adventures, she laughed and described the training as extremely interesting. The training was for troops to be dispatched on peacekeeping operations. "The (Swedish) military has very good teachers. You learn about so many different things. First aid and how to fight fires--things useful in your daily life," she said.

The princess trained alongside ordinary Swedes. "It was wonderful--I met chefs and drivers" and other people from occupations that make up modern Swedish society, she said.

Of her visit to Kosovo, Princess Victoria described it as "study trip" to understand the conflict in the region. She is eager to do more when the opportunity arises. But right now, the Swedish nation is closely watching who the princess will pick as her husband. Although she mentioned no names, Princess Victoria did not shy away from talking about it--in fact she was voluble on the subject.

On the qualifications needed in a future husband, the princess emphasized the ability to handle different situations and a good sense of humor. "Humor takes you a long way. You can survive many situations if you have a sense of humor," she said.

Well, does that mean that she has someone in mind?

"There is someone in my life," Princess Victoria admitted, though she quickly added, "I don't have marriage in mind."

According to news reports, Swedish media have been rife with speculation over whether Princess Victoria will marry boyfriend Daniel Westling, a gym instructor from a small town in central Sweden.

Will the princess follow her Norwegian counterpart by marrying a commoner? Opinion polls suggest that most Swedes support the idea.

"I think the general idea of Swedes is that it's the modern way to marry someone that you love, not necessarily where she or he comes from...Of course, there are more to choose from," she laughed.

Monarchies around the world have faced difficulties in the past few years. In Britain, Prince Charles faced criticism when he married Camilla Parker Bowles earlier this month, while in Japan, the succession issue is looming on the horizon. But their Norwegian and Swedish counterparts seem eager to prove there are still many things a monarchy can achieve.

"(Royals have) a public life," Princess Victoria said. "Your role in society will be different (compared with ordinary citizens)."

Is she ready? "I am preparing," she said quietly, with a smile.

Josefine 07-26-2005 01:38 PM

thank you so much for that article

mandyy 07-26-2005 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Photo of her visit to an elelmentary school in Aichi Prefecture on April 8th

Photo from Yomiuri News

Josefine 07-26-2005 03:04 PM

was there articles in japance newspapers about her visit

mandyy 07-27-2005 02:23 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Photos from Aichi news of her visit to the elementary school and Aichi Expo.