The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Princess Margriet, Prof. van Vollenhoven and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f203/)
-   -   Prince Floris, Princess Aimée and Family, Current Events Part 1 (February 2005 - ) (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f203/prince-floris-princess-aim-e-and-family-current-events-part-1-february-2005-a-5252.html)

Alexandria 02-26-2005 02:17 PM

Prince Floris, Princess Aimée and Family, Current Events Part 1 (February 2005 - )

6 Attachment(s)
Welcome to the first thread for News and Pictures of Prince Floris and Aimée Söhngen, who will be married this October.

A bit about Aimée, courtesy of the Benelux Royals MB:
Quote:

Aimée Leonie Allegonde Marie Söhngen was born on 18 October 1977 in
Amsterdam and is the eldest daughter of Mr J.H.M. Söhngen and Mrs E.L.F.M. Söhngen-Stammeijer. She has a younger brother Hans, and sister Magali, and was raised in Bussum and Naarden. In 1996 she received her gymnasium diploma at the Willem de Zwijger College in Bussum. She graduated at the University of Leiden in 2002 in business law. After her study she started working for Fortis Bank as management trainee. In the meantime she is projectmanager at Fortis Bank.

Mandy 02-26-2005 02:50 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Pictures from ANP

Dennism 02-26-2005 02:51 PM

Great photos, Alexandria and Mandy. I like that 4th photo from ANP where Aimée has that funny look on her face.

Marengo 02-27-2005 09:10 AM

the interior of the city hall

https://www.naarden.nl/prod/naarden/w...ElemFormat=jpg

Gabriella 02-27-2005 10:36 AM

Aimee also has her own page in English up on the Dutch Royal Family Website for anyone who is interested. Currently it doesn't have much more info on it than we already know, but here it is if you would like a look: https://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/UK/roya...e/members.html

Marengo 02-27-2005 10:57 AM

And enjoy it while it lasts because she will not be there for long. After her marriage Prince Floris (and Prince PC) are no longer members of the royal house, and I think that their profiles will be erased, like they have done with that of Prince Johan-Friso.

Gabriella 02-27-2005 11:05 AM

Will Floris and Peter-Christiaan and their wives not be members of the royal household until the ascention of the throne by Willem-Alexander like Maurits and Bernhard are? Is this because the royal house is too large or because neither Floris nor Peter-Christiaan asked for permission?

Marengo 02-27-2005 11:48 AM

They will not ask permission to the goverment for their marriages, so they will automatically lose their membership of the royal house. They explained that the situation now was totally different from when their elder brothers married. When Maurits and Bernhard jr. married none of the sons of the queen were married. I think it is a wise decission as an extensive Royal House can only give problems (In the Netherlands the goverment is responsable for all actions of the members of the Royal House). Maurits and Bernhard will remain members of the Royal House untill Willem-Aexander becomes king. (note that the Royal HOUSE and the Royal FAMILY are two completely different things).

Alexandria 02-27-2005 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo
They will not ask permission to the goverment for their marriages, so they will automatically lose their membership of the royal house. They explained that the situation now was totally different from when their elder brothers married. When Maurits and Bernhard jr. married none of the sons of the queen were married. I think it is a wise decission as an extensive Royal House can only give problems (In the Netherlands the goverment is responsable for all actions of the members of the Royal House). Maurits and Bernhard will remain members of the Royal House untill Willem-Aexander becomes king. (note that the Royal HOUSE and the Royal FAMILY are two completely different things).

Post-marriage will Floris and Pieter-Christiaan still remain Princes in title?

And upon the accenssion of Willem, will Marilene and Annette still be called Princesses?

Marengo 02-27-2005 03:33 PM

That is still to be disided. but Iassume that they, like Prince Johan-Friso will remain princes of Orange-Nassau. Maurits, Marilene, Bernhard and Anette will remain Princes of Orange-Nassau after Beatrix' abdication, but they will not be members of the royal house anymore.

Julia 03-01-2005 03:36 PM

Question (perhaps it's already been answered): will Aimée and Anita be princesses?

misshelen 03-01-2005 05:14 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Pictures from Aimée and Floris April 29th 2004, Birthday Party Pieter van Vollenhoven

misshelen 03-01-2005 05:18 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Aimée and Floris May 20 2004 Amsterdam

misshelen 03-01-2005 05:22 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Aimée and Floris baptism Amalia June 2004

misshelen 03-01-2005 05:27 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Summerholiday 2004 Italy

misshelen 03-01-2005 05:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
more holidaypics..

sara1981 03-02-2005 02:18 AM

when both will get married?

Sara Boyce

Warren 03-02-2005 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
when both will get married?

Sara Boyce

Sara

they are getting married in October.

Genevieve 03-02-2005 10:51 PM

Where will the couple live after they are married?

misshelen 03-05-2005 01:47 PM

3 Attachment(s)
More pictures:

1: aimée with Prince Maurits and kisses Prince Bernard
2: Floris and Aimée at baptism Amalia
3: Floris and Aimée

Tina 03-09-2005 03:35 PM

Floris - 1978

1 Attachment(s)
1978-04-30 - Floris - Queensday - Paleis Soestdijk

https://www.anpfotoarchief.nl

xxLindaxx 03-18-2005 08:31 AM

more pics of Floris and Aimée:
https://fotosmulders.com/
click on 'trefwoord', type 'apeldoorn', choose fourth option and search!

agisele 03-18-2005 08:41 AM

aimee looks like such a sweet tempered girl, i love the wonderful vibe that i get from her pictures. i just wish that prince floris was more involved in the happenings of the royal family, so that we could see more pictures of aimee after her marriage to floris.

xxLindaxx 03-18-2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by agisele
aimee looks like such a sweet tempered girl, i love the wonderful vibe that i get from her pictures. i just wish that prince floris was more involved in the happenings of the royal family, so that we could see more pictures of aimee after her marriage to floris.

Yes it's a pitty that we wouldn't see Aimée much...:(

liv 03-18-2005 02:43 PM

Do you think their marriage will be broadcasted on TV?

xxLindaxx 03-18-2005 03:28 PM

yes I think so... because the marriages of prince Maurits and prince Bernhard Jr. are also broadcasted.

HMQueenElizabethII 03-18-2005 03:38 PM

It's so great.

Alexandria 03-19-2005 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by liv
Do you think their marriage will be broadcasted on TV?

I don't think so. Neither asked for government permission to marry meaning that they won't be part of the royal family after their marriages. I also got the sense that Pieter-Christiaan and Floris want to keep their wedding low-key and relatively private.

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxLindaxx
yes I think so... because the marriages of prince Maurits and prince Bernhard Jr. are also broadcasted.

The weddings of Maurits and Bernhard Jr. were different. Firstly, they both married before any of the Queen's sons did, creating a bit of royal wedding fanfare. Secondly, both of Margriet's oldest sons asked for government permission meaning that their wives carry titles and that they are still considered part of the royal family even after their marriages.

The weddings of Pieter-Christiaan and Floris can't even be compared to Johan-Friso's, who, while he did not ask for permission from the government, he is the reigning monarch's son, which carries a bit more cache than being the reigning monarch's nephew.

MoonlightRhapsody 03-20-2005 03:46 AM

Did Prince Floris and Prince Pieter-Christian even want to ask the government for permission? Or was it just taken for granted that now that the line of succession has grown that they would have been automatically been taken out of the royal family regardless of their marriages?

I thought that regardless of whether or not they ask for permission from the governement that their wives could be addressed by their titles? Even Prince Johan Friso's wife Mabel can be called Princess Mabel since her husband is still Prince of Orange-Nassau. Wouldn't Aimee and Anita both be able to use the title 'princess' after their marriages?

Alexandria 03-20-2005 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
Did Prince Floris and Prince Pieter-Christian even want to ask the government for permission? Or was it just taken for granted that now that the line of succession has grown that they would have been automatically been taken out of the royal family regardless of their marriages?

I don't know if either Pieter-Christiaan or Floris wanted to ask permission. It seemed to me that it was sort of "presented" to them that the royal family should be kept small, so no need for either of them to ask permission to marry.

In a way, as you point out, it would've been unnecessary as the line of succession is now Willem, Amalia, Baby X, Constantijn, Eloise, Casimir. But of course when Maurits and Bernhard Jr. married the line was simply Willem, Johan-Friso, Constantijn, Margriet, etc.

Tina 04-04-2005 03:06 PM

from Benelux Royals Message Board

HUWELIJK PRINS PIETER CHRISTIAAN MET MEVROUW ANITA VAN EIJK EN HUWELIJK PRINS FLORIS MET MEVROUW AIMEE SÖHNGEN

Zijne Hoogheid Prins Pieter-Christiaan zal op donderdag 25 augustus in Apeldoorn in het huwelijk treden met mevrouw Anita van Eijk. Het kerkelijk huwelijk zal plaatsvinden op zaterdag 27 augustus in Den Haag.

Zijne Hoogheid Prins Floris zal op donderdag 20 oktober in Naarden in het huwelijk treden met mevrouw Aimée Söhngen. Het kerkelijk huwelijk, dat eveneens in Naarden plaatsvindt, is op zaterdag 22 oktober.

misshelen 04-11-2005 03:21 PM

4 Attachment(s)
It's a pity that there are no new pictures from Aimee.

Some old pictures;
1. Aimee with Anita funeral Prince Bernard
2. holiday picture in Italy
3 and 4 more engagement pictures

misshelen 04-11-2005 04:22 PM

4 Attachment(s)
more engagement pictures

misshelen 04-11-2005 04:24 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Car pictures leaving Soestdijk;

1. 2002, June 28th
2. 2003, June 29th

misshelen 04-11-2005 04:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
1. Baptism Claus jr son Princess Laurentien and Prince Constantijn
2. Wedding party Princess mabel and Prince Friso 2004, november 24th

misshelen 04-11-2005 04:47 PM

4 Attachment(s)
and a few more engagement pictures

xxPatrickxx 04-11-2005 04:48 PM

Yesterday was his birthday...!! Congratualions!!

misshelen 04-11-2005 05:16 PM

8 Attachment(s)
1-3 Wedding party Mabel and Friso 2004 November 24th
4 Baptism Claus jr
5 Birthday party Pieter van Vollenhoven 2004, April 29th
6-8 Leaving Soestdijk Palace Prince Bernard's birthday 2003, June 29th

misshelen 04-18-2005 01:44 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Picture Engagement with Anita and Margriet and a picture from the House where Floris and Aimee live in Amsterdam.

misshelen 04-30-2005 07:42 AM

2 Attachment(s)
New pictures from Aimee during the 25 years Festivies from Queen Beatrix. Amsterdam April 29th

Alexandria 04-30-2005 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by misshelen
New pictures from Aimee during the 25 years Festivies from Queen Beatrix. Amsterdam April 29th

Fantastic pictures misshelen! :)

Aimee looks so beautiful and radiant. I love the over-sized silver baubbles paired with her simple black dress. She will make a very beautiful bride this fall. :)

carlota 04-30-2005 05:42 PM

aimee has a lovely taste to dress :) i would say the make up was far too much, she would have looked more natural without so much.

misshelen 04-30-2005 05:55 PM

2 Attachment(s)
more pictures from Aimée and Floris today

misshelen 05-01-2005 04:07 PM

2 Attachment(s)
picture from Aimee in the morning ( with hat ) Queensday Den Haag

misshelen 05-01-2005 04:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mix gallery in the afternoon Queensday Scheveningen

misshelen 05-01-2005 04:15 PM

9 Attachment(s)
More pictures from Queen's day

misshelen 05-01-2005 04:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And a lovely picture of the couple they arrived for the Gala to honour Queen Beatrix

Alexandria 05-01-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

And a lovely picture of the couple they arrived for the Gala to honour Queen Beatrix

Thanks misshelen for adding these pictures to this thread. Nice to see Aimee participating in this year's Queensday festivities.

Aimee is quickly becoming one of my favourite royals. Like her other (soon-to-be) sister-in-laws Marilene (my favourite in the Dutch royal family) and Annette, as well as Anita, she has such a natural sparkle and radiance to her. Princess Margriet is a very lucky woman to have such special daughter-in-laws.

HMQueenElizabethII 05-02-2005 04:06 AM

Thanks you lots.So lovely!

misshelen 05-02-2005 11:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
new picture from Scheveningen

misshelen 05-02-2005 11:10 AM

4 Attachment(s)
more pictures Aimee Queen's day

MoonlightRhapsody 05-02-2005 04:40 PM

I still haven't seen a close up of her engagement ring. Is there a picture around here somewhere?

misshelen 05-02-2005 04:42 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Moonlightrhapsody
I still haven't seen a close up of her engagement ring. Is there a picture around here somewhere?

it is in this thread but here it it again

misshelen 05-02-2005 04:44 PM

3 Attachment(s)
and...more pics from Aimée

sara1981 05-03-2005 02:30 AM

im hope she will be great as Princess or Countess when she got married to Floris but she great role as Princess to be? or Countess to be? wait and see get married

Sara Boyce

HMQueenElizabethII 05-03-2005 03:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)
From Rex Features on the 29th April night:

HMQueenElizabethII 05-03-2005 09:38 AM

4 Attachment(s)
From Getty Images:

MoonlightRhapsody 05-03-2005 02:24 PM

Quote:

it is in this thread but here it it again

Ooh, she has a pretty ring! Thanks for the pic, misshelen!

misshelen 05-03-2005 06:00 PM

3 Attachment(s)
more pics Aimée

misshelen 05-05-2005 11:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Another picture from Aimée and Floris during the 25 years Festivies from Queen Beatrix. Amsterdam April 29th

Squidgy 05-08-2005 06:12 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Prince Floris & Aimee attended the parade in Apeldoorn today ...

marezdote 05-08-2005 08:08 PM

They seem very happy together and make a sweet couple.

misshelen 07-18-2005 05:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Aimée and Floris baptism Amalia June 2004

misshelen 07-18-2005 05:53 PM

5 Attachment(s)
More pictures from Aimée and Floris Queensday 30 april 2005 from different agencies.

Oppie 08-23-2005 12:00 PM

This is sort of a random story. A few months ago I was visiting my grandmother and she very proudly informed us that her god son was getting married. Turns out she was talking about Prince Floris who is the godson of the Royal Canadian Legion (the pictures from the WWII rembrance show him in a Legion unform). Anyways here is a small article from the Legion magaizne.

Members, Your Godson Is Getting Married

Prince Floris of the Netherlands, godson to all Royal Canadian Legion members, has announced plans to marry Aimee Söhngen later this year.

The couple met while Söhngen was studying at Leiden University. She is currently employed as a project manager at the Fortis Bank and her favourite sports are golf and skiing.

Prince Floris is the fourth son of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands who was born in Ottawa during World War II. When he was born the Legion was given the honour of becoming his godparent as a way of marking the sacrifices of Canadians who had given their lives in WW II to liberate the Netherlands. When he reached the age of majority he was invited to become a member of the Legion and an honorary dominion officer.

Dominion Command has sent its congratulations on behalf of all Legion members, wishing Prince Floris and Söhngen a long, healthy and prosperous marriage.

https://www.legionmagazine.com/frontl...rnal/05-05.asp

MoonlightRhapsody 08-23-2005 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oppie
This is sort of a random story. A few months ago I was visiting my grandmother and she very proudly informed us that her god son was getting married. Turns out she was talking about Prince Floris who is the godson of the Royal Canadian Legion (the pictures from the WWII rembrance show him in a Legion unform). Anyways here is a small article from the Legion magaizne.

Members, Your Godson Is Getting Married

Prince Floris of the Netherlands, godson to all Royal Canadian Legion members, has announced plans to marry Aimee Söhngen later this year.

The couple met while Söhngen was studying at Leiden University. She is currently employed as a project manager at the Fortis Bank and her favourite sports are golf and skiing.

Prince Floris is the fourth son of Princess Margriet of the Netherlands who was born in Ottawa during World War II. When he was born the Legion was given the honour of becoming his godparent as a way of marking the sacrifices of Canadians who had given their lives in WW II to liberate the Netherlands. When he reached the age of majority he was invited to become a member of the Legion and an honorary dominion officer.

Dominion Command has sent its congratulations on behalf of all Legion members, wishing Prince Floris and Söhngen a long, healthy and prosperous marriage.

https://www.legionmagazine.com/frontl...rnal/05-05.asp

That is so sweet! Such a nice gesture that Prince Floris has such a great group of "godparents". Thanks for the article!

Squidgy 08-23-2005 05:59 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Fun story Oppie! Thank you.

I think it is so nice that Princess Margriet has encouraged her son to continue the ties with Canada (& Canadian veterans in particular) that began in WWII. I remember reading somewhere that Floris spent at least one summer in Canada when he was a teenager. And over the years, he has often attended the parade in Apeldoorn honouring Canadian veterans (& Dutch liberators from other countries).

In early May of this year, the prince presented the awards for the Legion's annual Remembrance contest (held in the Netherlands for the first time). He also, along with Canadian Governor General Clarkson, unveiled a Parks Canada plaque at Het Loo Palace commemorating the liberation of his country. The event was also attended by the late Canadian war hero Ernest "Smoky" Smith. (see pictures below)

Even though he is a member of the Royal House, Prince Floris rarely carries out public duties. He has chosen to pursue a private life/career. So it is quite an honour that he still involves himself with Canadian veterans.

Photos: Veterans Affairs Canada (https://www.vac-acc.gc.ca/general/sub.../nethimag_may6)

Princess Robijn 08-24-2005 10:31 AM

re

Quote:

Originally Posted by sara1981
im hope she will be great as Princess or Countess when she got married to Floris but she great role as Princess to be? or Countess to be? wait and see get married

Sara Boyce

I believe she is a princess to be (I'm not sure that you asked a question)

Princess Robijn 08-27-2005 12:08 PM

re

does anyone have a picture of Aimee at the wedding of Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita

delineate 08-28-2005 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Princess Robijn
does anyone have a picture of Aimee at the wedding of Prince Pieter-Christiaan and Princess Anita

There are some pics of her with Floris in the wedding thread for P-C and Anita. That thread is located on the Old, New, Royal, and Blue board.

Princess Robijn 08-28-2005 02:49 PM

re

thanks... I found it

Alexandria 08-28-2005 05:36 PM

I have read some comments on other message boards that some people have the impression that she is over bearing and less than discreet. Is this the general sentiment of other Dutch members?

Such a comment came as a great surprise to me. I always had the impression (from the little that I've seen of both Anita and Aimee) that both ladies were quite discreet and down to earth as their other sisters-in-law, Marilene and Annette.

Squidgy 08-28-2005 05:54 PM

I was surprised to see those comments too Alexandria. Normally, I wouldn't think much of them, but they did come from people who I don't think just throw their opinions around lightly.

I know that looking at pictures of Aimee, there is often a hardness that comes across. This was especially evident at the engagement announcement. In photographs taken on that day, Anita came across as a more soft and open person compared to Aimee. But, I am just making my judgments by looking a photographs. And a photograph can tell a thousand stories, but also a thousand lies.

So I too would really love to hear about what the Dutch think of their future princess.

(BTW, Welcome back Alexandria!:))

Alexandria 08-28-2005 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidgy
I was surprised to see those comments too Alexandria. Normally, I wouldn't think much of them, but they did come from people who I don't think just throw their opinions around lightly.

I know that looking at pictures of Aimee, there is often a hardness that comes across. This was especially evident at the engagement announcement. In photographs taken on that day, Anita came across as a more soft and open person compared to Aimee. But, I am just making my judgments by looking a photographs. And a photograph can tell a thousand stories, but also a thousand lies.

So I too would really love to hear about what the Dutch think of their future princess.

(BTW, Welcome back Alexandria!:))

Thanks for the feedback Squidy. I wouldn't have given the comments much further thought if they hadn't been posted by people whom, as you said, don't put their opinons out there lightly.

I had seen the pictures (pictures here) from the engagement in which Aimee seemed to express herself more "physically" and "exuberantly" than Anita (though not by much) and I chalked it up to simply the excitement of the moment. (Frankly I'd be doing cartwheels if I were announcing my engagement, too -- let alone to a prince!) It was certainly far from the moment when Felipe interrupted Letizia at their engagement and Letizia interjected and asked him to let her finish her comment.

And the few other occasions I've seen Aimee (baptisms and the silver jubilee), Aimee didn't seem to be mugging for the camera anymore than any of the other princesses. She seemed to have entered the service waving and smiling as the others did, and seemed to smile for the cameras afterwards as did everyone else.

(P.S. Thanks for the welcome back! I've missed a lot while I was away! And very striking new avatar you've got!)

Squidgy 08-28-2005 07:05 PM

Alexandria, when I clicked on the part of your text that says "Pictures here" the first post that comes up is XXPatrickXX's (from the Netherlands) and it says "I love Aimee!!" So I guess we know at least how one Dutch member feels about Aimee.:D:D

Alexandria 08-28-2005 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Squidgy
Alexandria, when I clicked on the part of your text that says "Pictures here" the first post that comes up is XXPatrickXX's (from the Netherlands) and it says "I love Aimee!!" So I guess we know at least how one Dutch member feels about Aimee.:D:D

Oops! Not sure how that happened.

Here are the related posts:
https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...0&postcount=36

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...8&postcount=37

https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...3&postcount=39

Gabriella 08-28-2005 08:24 PM

I also saw these comments on another board. I was a little surprised, but I understand at the same time. From what little I have seen of Aimee, I like her. But, I guess I can see where an impression of being overbearing and less than discreet can come from. She has a look about her, that may suggest that she enjoys the idea of becoming a Princess. At times, she seems a bit cool, but that could also just be shyness and feeling overwhelmed.

Marengo 08-29-2005 03:57 AM

As a dutch poster, I can only day that I was as surprised as the rest of you. But like you aid, the remark comes from reliable posters. I have seen to little of Aimee to judge myself, although during the engagement on television I did not thought anything extraordinairy about her. I will keep my eyes opened however!
Maybe during queesday (I was not able to see it on television as I usually escape the country and go to belgium on that day) she got a bit over excited? But I highly doubt it. She has a somewhat more effeminate bearing then Annette or Anita though.

Genevieve 09-05-2005 02:42 PM

Aimee does look more pretentious and haughty than her other sisters in laws. But that just might be her look and her personality is completely different.

Floris seems so humble and down to earth though it's hard to believe that he might choose a life partner who was snobby.

Emily 09-05-2005 03:04 PM

Does anyone have more photos they can post of Aimee? I enjoy looking at her style.

Sancia 09-05-2005 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Genevieve
Aimee does look more pretentious and haughty than her other sisters in laws. But that just might be her look and her personality is completely different.

Floris seems so humble and down to earth though it's hard to believe that he might choose a life partner who was snobby.

I don't agree with you at all. It's just a question of look IMO; I think she's a very pretty woman who dresses well (except that ugly hat for PC and Anita's wedding :eek:). She will be very nice during family events.

Marengo 10-18-2005 04:42 AM

They are marrying this thurday and saturday, in Naarden! Is anybody here planning to visit this (small) city on these days?
I onder if the civil wedding is broadcasted on television, or that the scenario is the same as for Pieter-Christiaan, only the religious ceremony live on television and a photoshoot somewhere after the civil one...

Squidgy 10-18-2005 06:31 PM

How do they decide which city the wedding will be held in? Is Naarden the hometown of the bride or close to where her family is from?

Marengo 10-19-2005 05:00 AM

This time they chose the hometown of the bride, Naarden (a posh small city south-east of Amsterdam).
PC and Anita chose for Apeldoorn as the groom came from that city and Noordwijk because the parents of Anita are living there. Bernhard and Annette chose Apeldoorn for there civil wedding and Utrecht for the religious one as Benrhard jr was baptised there. Maurits and Marilene chose Apeldoorn both times, as the groom was raised there.

It seems the two younger brothers chose smaller villages, the marriage seems 'smaller' then those of Maurits and Benrhard jr, who are still in line for the throne.

Untill the wedding of Queen Beatrix all royal marriages were traditionally in The Hague (or abroad, in the country of a foreign princess)

Emily 10-19-2005 11:46 AM

Any news, photos, etc. on tomorrow's wedding? I am looking forward to seeing the ever stylish Aimee!

ropura 10-19-2005 02:24 PM

;) I shall go to the city of Naarden,and try to make nice photo of them and members of the Royal Family.
Its only ten minuts with the train from mine house.

I hope that i get lucky :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

misshelen 10-19-2005 03:28 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Pictures from today ANP. Floris and Aimée were shopping in PC Hoofdstraat in Amsterdam.

misshelen 10-19-2005 03:36 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Lovely picture! Source www.koninklijkhuis.nl

Emily 10-19-2005 03:42 PM

Yeah, misshelen, thank you for the pictures. It looks cold there -- I notice Floris' hands look cold. And good luck with your photos tomorrow, ropura!

Alexandria 10-19-2005 03:43 PM

Don't forget that the wedding thread for Floris and Aimée is here: https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...ead.php?t=7366. So tomorrow I hope to see many members there!

Emily 10-19-2005 04:02 PM

thanks for the reminder, Alexandria. I'll be checking in tomorrow!

misshelen 10-19-2005 04:39 PM

3 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Emily
Yeah, misshelen, thank you for the pictures. It looks cold there -- I notice Floris' hands look cold. And good luck with your photos tomorrow, ropura!

Oh yes it was very cold today in The Netherlands. Aimée and Floris were on Dutch tv tonight in the programm "shownews" on SBS6. We saw them shopping together and they asked the Prince "are you nervous for the wedding" ? He answered that they are not nervous and that the people will see that tomorrow.

I found baby pictures from Aimée from www.koninklijkhuis.nl

Squidgy 10-19-2005 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marengo
This time they chose the hometown of the bride, Naarden (a posh small city south-east of Amsterdam).
PC and Anita chose for Apeldoorn as the groom came from that city and Noordwijk because the parents of Anita are living there. Bernhard and Annette chose Apeldoorn for there civil wedding and Utrecht for the religious one as Benrhard jr was baptised there. Maurits and Marilene chose Apeldoorn both times, as the groom was raised there.

It seems the two younger brothers chose smaller villages, the marriage seems 'smaller' then those of Maurits and Benrhard jr, who are still in line for the throne.

Untill the wedding of Queen Beatrix all royal marriages were traditionally in The Hague (or abroad, in the country of a foreign princess)

Thanks for the info Marengo. It makes sense that Floris would marry in a less well known city as you say, since this isn't a very high profile marriage.

Squidgy 10-19-2005 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ropura
;) I shall go to the city of Naarden,and try to make nice photo of them and members of the Royal Family.
Its only ten minuts with the train from mine house.

I hope that i get lucky :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

I'm glad to hear you will be at this wedding too Ropura. I remember you took some nice photos at Pieter-Christiaan's wedding in August. Good luck.:)

misshelen 10-19-2005 06:01 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Picture from today when they visited " Douglas " in the PC Hoofdstraat in Amsterdam. Source AD

Maxie 10-19-2005 06:43 PM

Thanks for the lovely pictures of the couple, missHelen! I'm really looking forward to the ceremony tomorrow! I won't be able to see the church wedding, but I wouldn't miss this one for the world! :)

misshelen 10-19-2005 08:56 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Prince Floris and Aimée and Prince PC and Anita will be on Dutch tv October 27th TV Show from Ivo Niehe at TV 2. Source and picture Telegraaf

Squidgy 10-19-2005 11:02 PM

Thanks for the pictures Miss Helen. :)

Did Floris & Aimee give an interview before this wedding (like Pieter-Christiaan & Anita did right before their wedding)?

Marengo 10-20-2005 04:50 AM

Untill now I have no knowledge of an interview in a newspaper like PC and Anita, but I wouldn't be surprised if 'De Telegraaf' (biggest newspaper of The Netherlands) has it today/tomorrow/saturday.

A pity they shop at PC Hooftstraat, I thought only televisionstars and soccerplayers wives went there... ;)

DDD 10-20-2005 06:50 AM

Prince Floris is the last member of the Royal house who will get married.
It began with Maurits ( his eldest brother) in 1998, so in 7 years 7 cousins got married:d