The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Crown Prince Frederik, Crown Princess Mary and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/)
-   -   Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary visit to Vietnam: 1-2 November 2022 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f32/crown-prince-frederik-and-crown-princess-mary-visit-to-vietnam-1-2-november-2022-a-49426.html)

eya 06-28-2022 01:22 PM

Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary visit to Vietnam: 1-2 November 2022
 
"From the 1-2. November 2022, D.K.H. The Crown Prince and Crown Princess visit to Vietnam to head a major Danish business delegation.
At the beginning of November, Vietnam's capital Hanoi forms the framework for a green business promotion in the populous country, where the visitor program has a special focus on wind energy and energy efficiency.

The Crown Prince and Crown Princess will lead a business delegation that, together with Your Royal Highnesses, will participate in seminars and debates on the green transition together with Vietnamese business leaders and government representatives.

The Crown Prince Couple's official visit to Vietnam also marks 50 years since Denmark and Vietnam entered into diplomatic relations."


https://www.kongehuset.dk/nyheder/kr...toed-i-vietnam

Muhler 06-28-2022 01:28 PM

In as sense this will be a follow up on the State Visit they took part in some 10-15 years ago - time flies!

Vietnam is one of quiet but growing and busy markets. They are for many reasons also opposing China and may be an interesting alternative in regards to manufacturing products there. A thing Vietnam is most interested in getting a solid part of!

Vietnam at least was, I'm not sure how it is now, a pretty difficult market to gain a foothold in. DK succeeded all those years ago, and now M&F will help cementing that business relationship.

Izzie 06-28-2022 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 2477664)
In as sense this will be a follow up on the State Visit they took part in some 10-15 years ago - time flies!

Vietnam is one of quiet but growing and busy markets. They are for many reasons also opposing China and may be an interesting alternative in regards to manufacturing products there. A thing Vietnam is most interested in getting a solid part of!

Vietnam at least was, I'm not sure how it is now, a pretty difficult market to gain a foothold in. DK succeeded all those years ago, and now M&F will help cementing that business relationship.

Was not expecting another business promotion trip this year. But pleasantly surprised. Per BB: https://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...enriks-fodspor - This appears to be a rescheduled trip from one that was supposed to take place in 2021 but was postponed due to Covid.

I remember the state visit from I believe 2009. The preparation for and execution of the trip was featured in the Indefra Kongehuset (I may have spelled that totally wrong) documentary.

Muhler 06-28-2022 02:34 PM

Correct.

It was a very interesting docu.

It was also training and learning on the job for M&F, because AFAIA it was the first state visit M&F went on together with QMII and PH.

Izzie 06-28-2022 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 2477677)
Correct.

It was a very interesting docu.

It was also training and learning on the job for M&F, because AFAIA it was the first state visit M&F went on together with QMII and PH.

It was a very interesting documentary. I am glad I found it on DR with the ability to add English subtitles!

I think this was their first big state visit. They had visited Greenland and Faroe Islands previously but it was not a state visit. Did they not visit Greenland shortly after they married with QMII and PH?

Muhler 06-28-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzie (Post 2477679)
It was a very interesting documentary. I am glad I found it on DR with the ability to add English subtitles!

I think this was their first big state visit. They had visited Greenland and Faroe Islands previously but it was not a state visit. Did they not visit Greenland shortly after they married with QMII and PH?

They certainly visited Greenland shortly after their marriage. I can't remember off hand whether they went with QMII and PH.

Izzie 06-28-2022 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muhler (Post 2477684)
They certainly visited Greenland shortly after their marriage. I can't remember off hand whether they went with QMII and PH.

They did. It was the four of them for at least part of the trip. I recall seeing videos. You could tell Mary was literally learning on the job by observing and gentle guidance by Frederik. I think it was in one of the videos that someone in the comments section IIRC translated a gentleman saying that they didn't know Mary, but they knew Frederik and if he loved her, they loved her.

Muhler 06-28-2022 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izzie (Post 2477685)
They did. It was the four of them for at least part of the trip. I recall seeing videos. You could tell Mary was literally learning on the job by observing and gentle guidance by Frederik. I think it was in one of the videos that someone in the comments section IIRC translated a gentleman saying that they didn't know Mary, but they knew Frederik and if he loved her, they loved her.

That's correct. I clearly remember that quote. Very sweet - and it said quite a lot about Frederik as well.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2022
Jelsoft Enterprises