The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   The Duke and Duchess of Sussex and Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/)
-   -   Birth of Lilibet “Lili” Diana Mountbatten-Windsor: June 4, 2021 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f34/birth-of-lilibet-lili-diana-mountbatten-windsor-june-4-2021-a-48720.html)

Osipi 06-06-2021 11:10 PM

"Lilibet" is growing on me and so is "Lili". Lili will be an easy name for Archie to say and also easy for Lili to do when she gets to the point of writing her name.

One thing I've noticed in the pages and pages of discussion is that the focus has been on the child's name and it's honoring of the Queen. Almost makes it seem that the child's middle name of Diana was run of the mill. Of course, everyone kind of expected Diana to be among the child's name.

I do have a prediction though. This little girl is going to have her daddy wrapped around her little finger. I've always loved watching Harry with children and always imagined him as how he would be with his own. Archie and Lili, both, are blessed to have a daddy that loves and cherishes and protects them. This is, hopefully, going to be a very close knit family.

Sunnystar 06-06-2021 11:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava (Post 2405841)
Here's a question: what is technically Lili's style? Is she The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor?

Since the Sussexes eschewed any style for Archie and he is just plain Master Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, my guess is that Lili is Miss Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor. We'll see what happens when Charles becomes king.

LauraS3514 06-06-2021 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2405814)
No, Helena’s nickname was Lenchen. Beatrice, Ena’s mother, was Queen Victoria’s youngest child. Her daughter Victoria Eugenie (after the Empress Eugenie) became Ena, later Queen of Spain.

Her full name was Victoria Eugenie Julia Ena.

CrownPrincessJava 06-06-2021 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnystar (Post 2405843)
Since the Sussexes eschewed any style for Archie and he is just plain Master Archie Harrison Mountbatten-Windsor, my guess is that Lili is Miss Lilibet Diana Mountbatten-Windsor. We'll see what happens when Charles becomes king.

Archie is technically styled Earl of Dumbarton from birth - his parents have asked him to referred to as Master Archie Mountbatten-Windsor. I'm assuming Lili is technically styled The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2405842)
"Lilibet" is growing on me and so is "Lili". Lili will be an easy name for Archie to say and also easy for Lili to do when she gets to the point of writing her name.

One thing I've noticed in the pages and pages of discussion is that the focus has been on the child's name and it's honoring of the Queen. Almost makes it seem that the child's middle name of Diana was run of the mill. Of course, everyone kind of expected Diana to be among the child's name.

I do have a prediction though. This little girl is going to have her daddy wrapped around her little finger. I've always loved watching Harry with children and always imagined him as how he would be with his own. Archie and Lili, both, are blessed to have a daddy that loves and cherishes and protects them. This is, hopefully, going to be a very close knit family.

The text in bold - I think that was always a given!

Harry's world are his children, you cannot deny that!

LauraS3514 06-06-2021 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrownPrincessJava (Post 2405841)
Here's a question: what is technically Lili's style? Is she The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor?

Under British Common Law, yes - as the legitimate daughter of a Duke she is "The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor" and her older brother is "Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, commonly called Earl of Dumbarton." However, Harry and Meghan decided that their children would not use the normal courtesy titles of the children of a Duke - but they DO have them.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JamesJenkins (Post 2405760)
Does the court ever call Harry Henry?

Before he received his Dukedom, Harry was always "Prince Henry of Wales" in the Court Circular; afterwards he has been "The Duke of Sussex." He was referred to as "Prince Harry" on the Royal Website and on less formal communications.

CrownPrincessJava 06-06-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LauraS3514 (Post 2405847)
Under British Common Law, yes - as the legitimate daughter of a Duke she is "The Lady Lilibet Mountbatten-Windsor" and her older brother is "Lord Archie Mountbatten-Windsor, commonly called Earl of Dumbarton." However, Harry and Meghan decided that their children would not use the normal courtesy titles of the children of a Duke - but they DO have them.

Thank you for confirming my thoughts :flowers:

shopgirl44 06-06-2021 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2405842)
"Lilibet" is growing on me and so is "Lili". Lili will be an easy name for Archie to say and also easy for Lili to do when she gets to the point of writing her name.

One thing I've noticed in the pages and pages of discussion is that the focus has been on the child's name and it's honoring of the Queen. Almost makes it seem that the child's middle name of Diana was run of the mill. Of course, everyone kind of expected Diana to be among the child's name.

I do have a prediction though. This little girl is going to have her daddy wrapped around her little finger. I've always loved watching Harry with children and always imagined him as how he would be with his own. Archie and Lili, both, are blessed to have a daddy that loves and cherishes and protects them. This is, hopefully, going to be a very close knit family.

I agree with your prediction as well.

Lili is a lovely nickname. If they wanted to name her Lilibet, perhaps Lilibeth with an “h” at the end would be spelled better? I wish they would have added Doris or Dory as a third name for the baby as a tribute to Doria as well. It would have been a nice gesture to honor her mum as well.

Congratulations to the couple for the birth of their healthy baby girl!

Valerie Rose 06-06-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HighGoalHighDreams (Post 2405529)
I thought the Daily Mail was having us on, as surely no one would wait until Her Majesty The Queen's husband over over 70 years was newly laid to rest to rake her parenting over the coals, blaming it for three generations of inherited trauma, announce to the world that traveling to London to be by her side for the man's funeral induced a new spell of trauma in him to turn the occasion back on himself, and then name his child after her, only using a nickname that is reserved for intimate friends of her own generation, meaning it has no significance to him or his wife.

But I had forgotten who I was reading about.

[bbm] - I had not considered that aspect of it - thank you, HighGoalHD.

Such a pity to use an intimate private family pet name in that way.

LauraS3514 06-06-2021 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2405736)
I thought at the time that Harry was an awful Victorian nickname for Henry, which had long since gone out of fashion...

Harry has been the standard English nickname for Henry since at least the time of Henry V and Henry VIII was also sometimes called Harry.

AC21091968 06-07-2021 12:40 AM

Princess Eugenie had posted an Instagram story congratulating the Sussexes and delighted by the news

https://instagram.com/stories/prince...dium=copy_link

Curryong 06-07-2021 12:55 AM

Yes, Eugenie wholeheartedly congratulated Harry and Meghan on her IG today. Very sweet. Maybe August, Archie and Lili will meet later this year.

Harry's cousin shared her delight at the news as she posted on Instragram this evening: "Congratulations dear cousins...we couldn't be happier for you all", followed by a string of heart emojis.

Lee-Z 06-07-2021 01:11 AM

Glad to hear Lili arrived safely, many congratulations to the parents and big brother Archie :heart:

We can only speculate what the queen feels about the child being named after her, so i choose to assume that she knew and was okay with them using her nickname of Lilibet as the first name.

What i don't quite get is the speculations in this thread on other varietys of naming Lili...they made it quite clear that the names were in honor of grandmother and mother of Harry, why do we want to find more relatives who we think got a mention..

some serious overthinking going on in this thread :flowers:

muriel 06-07-2021 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acdc1 (Post 2405599)
Lili is a German name. I though Lidl was a German supermarket?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tirilschatz (Post 2405600)
Actually LIDL is a supermarket. Like Aldi, if you're used to that.

The common way of writing the name in Germany would be LILLI, with two L.

If it's LILI, some people might pronounce it as LEE-LI.

Reference to Lidl was meant to be a joke!

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2405609)
It would not surprise me if the BRF found out from the press release.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curbside (Post 2405611)
Is there any reason to think the family wouldn’t have been informed?

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladongas (Post 2405616)
Really? That seems very unlikely.

H&M seem to be very keen on their privacy and may not have wanted to risk a leak emerging from the BRF. Also, they hardly describe family relations as warm and cordial.

Lark37 06-07-2021 01:57 AM

[...]I really think in his mind naming their new daughter Lilibet is honoring his grandmother. Archie is generally a nickname for Archibald, yet they named their son Archie not Archibald. Perhaps they like using nicknames for names, and so Lilibet fits in with that and honors his grandmother too. Also other than in the south and in certain ethnic cultures, naming someone after another living family member, isn't really a popular thing here in the US except maybe as a middle name. I'm sure Doria is just fine with her name not being used and likely didn't expect it to be. Congratulations to the couple on the birth of a healthy baby girl!

Denville 06-07-2021 03:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataryn (Post 2405819)
Well, they are!

And when it suits them the RF is a toxic family who treats every body cruelly nad drove Meghan to have to leave the country

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lark37 (Post 2405873)
[...]I really think in his mind naming their new daughter Lilibet is honoring his grandmother. Archie is generally a nickname for Archibald, yet they named their son Archie not Archibald. Perhaps they like using nicknames for names, and so Lilibet fits in with that and honors his grandmother too. Also other than in the south and in certain ethnic cultures, naming someone after another living family member, isn't really a popular thing here in the US except maybe as a middle name. I'm sure Doria is just fine with her name not being used and likely didn't expect it to be. Congratulations to the couple on the birth of a healthy baby girl!

There's no way of knowing what Doria thinks of it. Perhaps she's hurt that only one grandmother is mentioned but I think she's too much of a lady to go to the press about it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alisa (Post 2405803)
Or not. Adults have called the Queen "Aunt Lilibeth" in the past. Just recently the King of Spain addressed the Queen as "Aunt Lilibeth " when writing a letter of condolences on the death of Philip.

He is a relative. Diana wasn't, just the daughter of a friend and she wasn't I think that close to the queen prior to her marriage. So I'd say that things became more formal and she didn't' go on calling her Aunt Lilibet as a young woman.

Alison H 06-07-2021 03:55 AM

Savannah is Savannah Anne Kathleen, to include both grandmothers' names. Isla is Isla Elizabeth with no third name.

Kataryn 06-07-2021 04:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 (Post 2405826)
Since they announced that they were expecting a girl, i was thinking to Elisabeth-Diana. I should have beat (...)
Lili is very pretty and Diana of course. I come from a country it is almost obvious to give to kids their grandparents names.. and it was almost obvious for Diana's sons to honor their mother. Maybe William chose not to do for politically correct reasons...also might have been odd to have a little princess Diana..
but Harry..obvious.
As for to add Élisabeth..to honor the Queen.. especially after the last events (their departure +prince Philip's loss) obvious also...
Globally very good choice.
All my wishes to the little girl and her family.


William's daughter Charlotte is named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, as far as I know.

Denville 06-07-2021 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataryn (Post 2405896)
William's daughter Charlotte is named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana, as far as I know.

yes she is, obviously to honour her grandmother.

King of the Jungle 06-07-2021 04:30 AM

Thankfully the baby and her mother are well.

Harry, Meghan, Archie and Lili sound good together.

The name Lilibet Diana is meaningful to them and I hope Lili gets to meet her great grandmother. I assume
Queen Elizabeth gave her approval for the use of her intimate nick name, Lilibet.
Lili shares a birthday with Jetsun Pema, Queen of Bhutan.

All good health and blessings for the little Lilibet.

Denville 06-07-2021 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by King of the Jungle (Post 2405904)
Thankfully the baby and her mother are well.

Harry, Meghan, Archie and Lili sound good together.

The name Lilibet Diana is meaningful to them and I hope Lili gets to meet her great grandmother. I assume
Queen Elizabeth gave her approval for the use of her intimate nick name, Lilibet.

All good health and blessings for the little Lilibet.

I dont know when the queen will see the baby. They might be able to come ot the UK in the autumn.. but if H is going ot go to the Diana Statue, in July, its a bit soon to take a baby.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:25 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises