The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Fashion (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cornwall's Fashion & Style Part 14: June 2021 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/the-duchess-of-cornwalls-fashion-and-style-part-14-june-2021-a-48716.html)

ladongas 06-16-2021 01:38 AM

Is that a new purse she’s clutching? It really is deliciously beautiful grey leather.

muriel 06-16-2021 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ladongas (Post 2408580)
Is that a new purse she’s clutching? It really is deliciously beautiful grey leather.

Great handbag, looks new to me.

iceflower 06-16-2021 10:13 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall on day 2 of Royal Ascot today:

** Pic ** gallery **

An Ard Ri 06-16-2021 10:28 AM

A classic duchess of Cornwall signature look and a wonderful soft colour too.

_Heather_ 06-16-2021 10:39 AM

This definitely feels like classic Camilla. And I absolutely say that in a positive manner. She knows what works for her, what she feels comfortable in, what looks beautiful on her. All around well done.

Tirilschatz 06-16-2021 11:12 AM

I have to admit that, some years ago, I could not have imagined that she can look so adorable.

In my younger teenage years I was Team Diana, but as I grow older and understood more and got a wider look on everything, I can say I am totally Team Camilla by now.

And yes, she knows what looks good on her and I absolutely love how she can wear the big hats. Creme, beige and offwhite are her colours.

BriarRose 06-16-2021 11:22 AM

I love her hat today. Gorgeous.

It seems that beige, cream, and blush nude are going to be the trend this summer among royal women.

LadyGlendower 06-16-2021 11:37 AM

It still surprises me that this woman that leans sporty/country life can carry off these huge, elegant hats with such ease. It's a rather delightful fashion mystery. Keep bringing it, DOC.

_Heather_ 06-16-2021 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyGlendower (Post 2408683)
It still surprises me that this woman that leans sporty/country life can carry off these huge, elegant hats with such ease. It's a rather delightful fashion mystery. Keep bringing it, DOC.

100% agreed. I know that her outfits will almost always be in the same vein but I still look forward to them every time because even though they follow the same pattern, they're always just perfection for him. And those hats...:wub:

MARG 06-17-2021 03:03 AM

Yes, Camilla likes a pared-down unfussy look and this definitely reflects in yet another wonderful hat, but the dress is very deceptive. It is the result of clever creation of downright magical proportions that looks like it is lined with heavy silk or some such substantial material that they have used to create a more straight shoulder and also makes the embroidered pearls look natural but the end of the three-quarter sleeves was the wonderful flare of chiffon silk, soft and feminine that echoed in the multitudinous layers of the skirt that moved and swirled with such feminine elegance from soft inverted pleats whereas before she would have worn sharpe pleats or inverted pleats with no floaty anything.

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/06...3860229984.jpg

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2021/06...3860216317.jpg

Her attention to detail was spot on with the light and dark curls on her drool-worthy hat, neat little clutch and perfectly bi-colour pair of shoes with an illusion heel that makes them look just a little higher than they actually are and accentuate a fine pair of legs with trim ankles. Further, the magnificent millinery, elegant clutch and shoes are all from "shopping her closet".

iceflower 06-22-2021 07:57 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall during the launch of the Story Trail at a picnic with school pupils today, June 22:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** May 2021 **

iceflower 06-23-2021 08:42 AM

The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to the Theatre Royal Drury Lane today, June 23:

** Full view ** Upper part **

An Ard Ri 06-23-2021 09:00 AM

A really lovely colour on the duchess and a nice neat hairstyle too.
Perfect look for warm summer day events.

muriel 06-23-2021 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2410518)
The Duchess of Cornwall during a visit to the Theatre Royal Drury Lane today, June 23:

She really seems to have taken to shirt dresses this year! The good thing is that they work for her, and she seems to be willing to try darker colours than those she normally wears in summer.

rominet09 06-23-2021 07:25 PM

Camilla's dress is to die for !

Erin9 06-23-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

This dress style does suit her nicely. Pretty shade of green.

MARG 06-24-2021 03:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2410154)
The Duchess of Cornwall during the launch of the Story Trail at a picnic with school pupils today, June 22:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part ** May 2021 **
Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2410596)
She really seems to have taken to shirt dresses this year! The good thing is that they work for her, and she seems to be willing to try darker colours than those she normally wears in summer.

The darker backgrounds really look good on her and the shirtwaister style is a great look for her. The last few summers fashion seems to have been large pastel florals on a pastel background which do not look good on Camilla. For daywear, she has these handy workhorses which look very comfortable yet suitably elegant for the occasion and for specials occasions such as Ascot she defaults to her equally beautiful block neutrals with stunning hats. Camilla really does know how to shuffle her wardrobe to best effect and gives women of a certain age a lift by proving you don't have to be dowdy.

muriel 06-24-2021 04:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 2410841)
The darker backgrounds really look good on her and the shirtwaister style is a great look for her. The last few summers fashion seems to have been large pastel florals on a pastel background which do not look good on Camilla. For daywear, she has these handy workhorses which look very comfortable yet suitably elegant for the occasion and for specials occasions such as Ascot she defaults to her equally beautiful block neutrals with stunning hats. Camilla really does know how to shuffle her wardrobe to best effect and gives women of a certain age a lift by proving you don't have to be dowdy.

I agree, she seems to be having a good run currently. In recent years, there have been times her clothes have looked quite dowdy, but she seems to be on a good run currently. Perhaps she now has a new stylist working for her.

rominet09 06-24-2021 07:11 AM

Quote:

I want this wonderful dress !

MARG 06-25-2021 05:02 AM

:previous: You'll have to get in line! It is beautiful and so very few people can wear green well and with confidence. It is my favourite colour. ;)