The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Current Events Archive (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/)
-   -   The Duke & Duchess of Sussex and Family, News and Events 4: April-June 2021 (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f166/the-duke-and-duchess-of-sussex-and-family-news-and-events-4-april-june-2021-a-48523.html)

Moran 04-06-2021 09:52 PM

Interesting. I hope all goes well. It looks rather promising.

But I'm more interested in what they're planning to do now. I mean, it's a worthy cause and all but the Games are taking place next year, so the earliest time the docu can appear is sometime in 2022. What are they going to do before this?

EllieCat 04-06-2021 11:06 PM

Quote:

What are they going to do before this?
Maternity/Paternity leave :smile:

Osipi 04-06-2021 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moran (Post 2387318)
Interesting. I hope all goes well. It looks rather promising.

But I'm more interested in what they're planning to do now. I mean, it's a worthy cause and all but the Games are taking place next year, so the earliest time the docu can appear is sometime in 2022. What are they going to do before this?

It takes time to put it all together. Traveling to sets, filming, editing etc. It will be an ongoing project until the finished product airs on Netflix. Harry won't have to be involved in every step of the way but I imagine he'll want to be kept informed of everything going into the documentary series.

AC21091968 04-07-2021 06:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lee-Z (Post 2387220)
Archewell.com anouncement
https://archewell.com/news/heart-of-invictus/

Created by The Duke and Duchess of Sussex to produce programming that informs, elevates, and inspires,*Archewell Productions*has announced its first Netflix series,*Heart of Invictus, which will be produced and launched in partnership with*The Invictus Games Foundation.

Very good and worthy choice of focusing on Invictus Games in the upcoming Netflix documentary, Heart of Invictus. It's great that the documentary will show the competitors' journey from their military services to the Invictus Games in 2022.

Quote:

Heart of Invictus is a multi-episode production that will spotlight a group of extraordinary Invictus Games competitors from around the globe—members of the military community who have experienced life-changing injuries or illnesses—on their road to Invictus Games The Hague 2020, which is now taking place in 2022, due to necessary rescheduling from the COVID-19 pandemic.

lirienn 04-07-2021 12:52 PM

It's ok but honestly they're cashing in on the royal status of Harry. 100% of his appeal belongs ironically to the Crown.

Fijiro 04-07-2021 05:12 PM

I'm looking forward to The Heart of Invictus docu-series.

I really enjoyed watching Raising Phoenix.

Queen Ester 04-08-2021 03:41 PM

To be honest, I am not sure how popular this series will be in the USA, people are so tired of bad news here, that they will probably choose a light comedy instead

tihkon2 04-08-2021 05:58 PM

Will be interesting to see if the Invictus show does well.

AC21091968 04-08-2021 06:05 PM

I'm not quite sure if this is too late to the discussion. There was a Telegraph article (published on 2nd April 2021) suggesting that Harry & Meghan were in talks with Quibi, now-defunct streaming service rival to YouTube from early 2019 to January 2020. There was lucrative amount of money involved, in what I could describe as. This revelation to some extent contradicts “didn’t have a plan” upon leaving the Royal family as senior working royals. The article itself is very long.

Harry and Meghan were in talks with video platform a year before ‘Megxit’
The Telegraph has learned the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had discussions with the now defunct Quibi service from early 2019
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...m-year-megxit/

Archived link to the full article: https://archive.ph/tnH9M

Jacknch 04-08-2021 06:09 PM

A number of posts debating/discussing whether or not the Royal Family are racist have been deleted. Whilst it is acknowledged that the question of racism within the Royal Family was precipitated by remarks made by the Sussexes in the Oprah interview, the debate/discussion goes beyond the purpose of the thread.

poppy7 04-08-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC21091968 (Post 2387677)
I'm not quite sure if this is too late to the discussion. There was a Telegraph article (published on 2nd April 20201) suggesting that Harry & Meghan were in talks with Quibi, now-defunct streaming service rival to YouTube from early 2019 to January 2020. There was lucrative amount of money involved, in what I could describe as. This revelation to some extent contradicts “didn’t have a plan” upon leaving the Royal family as senior working royals. The article itself is very long.

Harry and Meghan were in talks with video platform a year before ‘Megxit’
The Telegraph has learned the Duke and Duchess of Sussex had discussions with the now defunct Quibi service from early 2019
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/royal-fa...m-year-megxit/

Archived link to the full article: https://archive.ph/tnH9M

Given I hadn't heard of this video channel before today I am not surprised it failed. Harry and Meghan were just unsuited to royal life. I think Meghan saw it as eternal fame. The Mecca of fame. So did Grace Kelly.

Somebody 04-08-2021 07:42 PM

This mainly confirms that 'earning a professional income' was indeed one of the major drivers for the couple. As was clear from their initial statement and subsequent decisions.

And it makes some sense that the American foursome that Meghan relied on didn't really understand her new role - probably other than: "you are now world-famous", so how can we use that to the best of your and our advantage. But was Harry so desperate that he just went along with whatever was put forward?

Quote:

Multiple sources in the UK and US have confirmed that the Duchess continued to consult her lawyer Rick Genow, her business manager Andrew Meyer and her talent agent Nick Collins, during her time in the Royal family (...) Another key figure who remained in her sphere of external advisers throughout was Keleigh Thomas Morgan of PR firm Sunshine Sachs

(...)

Holed up in a multi-million pound mansion on Vancouver Island over Christmas 2019, the couple are understood to have masterminded their departure from the Royal family with the help of Mr Genow, Mr Meyer, Mr Collins and Ms Thomas Morgan.
Sounds rather problematic and exactly the same behavior as they still show by for example 'did they truly expect us not to talk' (suggesting that suddenly the BRF is naïve instead of Meghan; and yes, of course they did, that is part of the mores of the royal family):
Quote:

There was a constant dialogue from the couple along the lines of: “Why can’t we do this? You can’t stop us from doing what we want to do".
Quote:

Meghan was the one controlling the timing of announcements, and doing a lot of the planning,” said one source. “She had a grid and was plotting the cadence and order in which all of their plans would come to fruition. There was a sense that Meghan thought she knew what was best for them.”

ACO 04-08-2021 08:34 PM

Except it wasn't even going to be for income. It was going to be a project with the money going to a charity. They didn't approach the company. The other way around and they also didn't go forward with it after hearing their pitch.

Frankly I don't see how it would have been different than some of the partnerships the other royals have done promoting various initiatives.

Sandy345 04-08-2021 09:39 PM

Anything that honors Veterans is OK with me.

Denville 04-09-2021 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Queen Ester (Post 2387641)
To be honest, I am not sure how popular this series will be in the USA, people are so tired of bad news here, that they will probably choose a light comedy instead

I suppose it is "worthy" and inspiring but I agree that in present times, people are more likely to want to watch someting funny or entertaining...

Moran 04-09-2021 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lirienn (Post 2387418)
It's ok but honestly they're cashing in on the royal status of Harry. 100% of his appeal belongs ironically to the Crown.

Definitely. In fact, he's doing the same thing he used to do but this time for Netflix and not the Crown.

Everybody is free to make their own choices but this far, I see no great change, only that this time their money for the same thing came from another source which would not have taken him if he wasn't Prince Henry, the Duke of Sussex.

I hope that the people who watch such programs want to see it this time either. Netflix is nothing if not savvy with its deals and partners.

Denville 04-09-2021 07:22 AM

I dont think that when H left, Charles would be expecting his staff to deal with Harry.. He was no longer a working royal and Im sure that C saw him as his son that he loved but had to deal wit himself. But if Harry was ringing up and asking for money or for money to keep on coming indefinitely, I think that Charles would have said "don't call me again until you're prepared to do something for yourself..."

QueenMathilde 04-09-2021 07:31 AM

I wonder if they'll go to Prince Philip's funeral.

Denville 04-09-2021 07:32 AM

Meghan is probably too pregnant to fly.. so possiblly not

poppy7 04-09-2021 07:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2387795)
I dont think that when H left, Charles would be expecting his staff to deal with Harry.. He was no longer a working royal and Im sure that C saw him as his son that he loved but had to deal wit himself. But if Harry was ringing up and asking for money or for money to keep on coming indefinitely, I think that Charles would have said "don't call me again until you're prepared to do something for yourself..."

I think Harry didn't understand the boundaries and probably kept nagging about the work issues.