Royal Predictions for 2021
Since December is almost here, I think each of us is interested in predicting what awaits the royal families next year. This has been a difficult year for each of us, perhaps even painful for some, but I would like to be optimistic and I think 2021 will be a good year like never before, both in a personal sense and in a royal sense.
Here, you are free to say what you think will happen next year and just enjoy each other’s observations, or small details that can sometimes overlap. This thread will be open until January 1st! Good luck to everyone! :flowers:
Thank you AmaliaCharlotte for starting this thread! :smile: :flowers:
I'm going a bit wild here and for the British Royal Family, I'm predicting Princess Beatrice and Lady Gabriella Kingston's pregnancy announcement next year.
I'm also predicting/hoping that there will be a photograph of Prince Philip and The Queen, as well as their great-grandchildren for his 100th birthday (if vaccine is delivered by then). If not, it's probably Prince Philip and The Queen
Meghan will announce a pregnancy around first of year. Give birth around august Another boy.
1. A Boy for Eugenie and Jack
2. Boy for Adelaide and Christoph of Austria
4th girl for Kathleen and Imre of Austria
3. No wedding for Theodora and Matthew
4. Engagement and wedding for Joachim and Victoria (Belgium)
5. Third child for Carl Philipp and Sofia
6. Third child for Pierre and Beatrice
Charlotte and Dimitri will separate
7. Louis of Luxemburg will become engaged
8. Second child for Meghan and Harry
9. First Child (a daughter) for Beatrice and Eduard
10. Alexandra Luxemburg will become engaged
11. Märtha Louise and Durek will marry
12. Big Party for Maxima's 50th birthday
My predictions for 2021:
Several events to mark the 100th anniversary of the Duke of Edinburgh (if the pandemic permits).
Announcement of engagement by Prince Louis of Luxembourg and Scarlett.
Announcement of a new pregnancy for the Duchess of Sussex.
New state visits to European monarchies (if the pandemic permits).
The controversies calm down in Spain. Felipe VI and Letizia will make more visits to the various communities of Spain. The Princess of Asturias gains more importance in the agenda of the royal house and participates in various events.
Baby girl for Jack and Eugenie.
Pregnancy announcement for Beatrice.
Pregnancy announcement for Gabriella and Tom.
Peter is seen on dates but no serious gf is confirmed.
Marriage troubles for one of the Queen's grandchildren.
During the one-year review for Sussexit the couple get a hard exit with Harry losing his honorary military roles.
The BRF continue to spotlight the good work of Anne, Sophie and Edward to differentiate them from the troublemaking younger siblings (Andrew and Harry).
Another BRF member will be reported to have had Covid.
Pregnancy for Beatrice and Pierre.
Engagement for Jasmin and Ian
engagement for Alexandra and Ben
pregnancy for Louis and Marie
engagement for Louis and Scarlett
Guillaume and Stephanie will return to London late in the year if they do not get pregnant by the end of the summer.
Pregnancy for Claire and Felix.
1. A girl for Eugenie and Jack.
2. A pregnancy is announced in the last half of the year for Beatrice and Edo. Their baby will be born in 2022.
3. Meghan's pregnancy will be announced at the end of 2020/early 2021 and she will give birth to her second child, another son, in the later summer or early fall in California.
4. After the 1-year review, Harry and Meghan's exit as working royals will be finalized. Their patronages and Harry's honorary military titles will be stripped, and they will announce their intent to permanently live in the United States and continue building their Netflix empire and the Archewell Foundation. Their trips back to the UK will be sporadic and for private/family reasons primarily; Harry will return more than Meghan or Archie. Rumors will continue about strain in family relations.
5. The distribution of a COVID-19 vaccine will mean that Prince Philip is able to celebrate his 100th birthday with his family and other loved ones.
1. Joachim and Marie will continue to live in France, but his health will remain good.
1. Martha-Louise and Durek Verrett will announce their intent to marry and move to the US, causing much controversy.
2. King Harald will experience health challenges. Haakon will begin to step up more and more to fill this role.
Edit: Some additions
- Eguenie gives a boy baby.
- Beatrice announces pregnancy.
- Harry and Megan announces expecting their second child.
- No fourth baby for Cambridge couple.
- Märtha-Louise and Durek announces marriage. This causes much of controversy and many Norweigians even demand the princess give up her titles and place on line of succession.
- King Harald's health will decline and probably at least once in hospital. Haakon takes more duties and the king will be seen rarely.
- No new pregancy annousements.
- Protest against the king continue and might turn quiet violent.
These were my 2020 predictions with those in bold the ones on which I was right or close to is
1. A boy for Eugenie - Philip Jack
2. Beatrice announces she is expecting mid-year - close to her first wedding anniversary.
3. Meghan announces her second pregnancy (if she doesn't do so in what is the rest of 2020).
4. No more babies for William and Catherine. They have finished having babies.
5. Philip has a low key 100th birthday - by royal standards - with a church service at St Georges (but Andrew doesn't attend) and an official dinner at the Guildhall (and again Andrew doesn't attend).
6. Harry returns to the UK for The Queen's 95th birthday, Philip's 100th birthday and for Diana's statue unveiling but otherwise remains in the US.
7. The Queen has a major birthday celebration at Windsor with a family dinner, including royals from Europe who are also extended family but no tiaras. Andrew doesn't attend.
8. Trooping the Colour is smaller with only The Queen, Charles, Camilla and the Cambridge's on the balcony - and again no Andrew or York princesses.
9. An official announcement that the York princesses will NOT be undertaking official duties leaving only Charles, Camilla, William, Catherine, Edward, Sophie and Anne to work for the monarchy into the future. The Gloucester's will continue but the Kent's will both retire from public life although will attend the very big family events.
10. Meghan will settle the court case out of court.
Of course some of these events could easily not happen due to covid and the approval of a vaccine followed by the length of time it will take to actually roll one out in the UK.
1) Pregnancy announcement for Beatrice
2) No more babies for W&C
3) H&M continue to have a difficult relationship with the BRF. Harry returns for some events, like the unveiling of the Diana statue, but Meghan does not return
4) More details of Meghan being complicit in feeding selected authors and journalists are made public
5) No more babies for H&M
6) More recognition for Camilla in her chartibale endevours
7) Following the successful roll out of vaccines, royal events gradually return over the course of the year
1) The health of the King continues to decline, Hakon fills the breach
2) M-M's health remains stable, but she conducts engagements sporadically
1) Margarethe continues to slow down, F&M continue to step up seamlessly
2) Joachim and Marie remain in France, not much in the news
1) Victoria & Daniel continue to perform well
2) Unfortunately, some relationship issues relating to Maddie come to light, but no separation
1) More trouble for M-T. Increasingly lives in Paris, but appears a lot more on charitable and family events.
2) Gui and Stephanie are increasingly seen in a more positive light. Announcement of a second pregnancy
3) Tessy embarasses herself publicly
1) Health of J-C declines materially; the legal cases do not progress
2) F&L continue to perform well in 2021
1) NO drama for W-A and Maxima
- i feel safe in predicting that at some point in the year, a discussion about the financial situation of the RF is started, then dies down again (this actually happens every year :lol: )
- P.Elisabeth will join in one or two official representations and receives good publicity
- P.Albert and P.Charlene have found a good modus of royal vs private life, Charlene will join in one or two royal events
The Covid will not be over in 2021.
Not a lot of glittering Event or Royal Weddings
I hope all the Royals will be safe. Some are so frail !
I am a little bit more optimistic. Now that we have vaccines that have been proven to have an efficacy in the 95 % range, I believe the Covid situation will be under control in the developed countries by the second half of 2021. I am not sure though that there will be enough time left for "glittering royal events" to come back next year (probably only in 2022). I also think that, following the economic depression caused by the pandemic, the Royal Houses will try to be frugal and avoid any extravagant events.
I will make a bold prediction. Although abdication is unlikely, I think we might see a permanent regency for Haakon in 2021.
Baby girl for Eugenie and Jack
Beatrice announces pregnancy at some point in year
Philip has quiet 100th Birthday celebration
Royals get out and about more thanks to vaccine
Andrew stays in a holding pattern of no public duties and any suggestions of them resuming are dismissed. Maybe he starts doing some good work privately but further focus on hims comes from trials in US
Harry and Meghan review sees them formally leave behind RF and start life in California almost full time with only a few returns for Harry
Meghan drops DM case after another big revelation
More good times for Vic and Daniel
Maddie and Chris have some marriage/finance difficulties
WA and Maxima ride their big popularity until some sort of problem showing them to be out of touch a la the Greece holiday
Negative reports about RF finances (as ever)
We see more of Beatrix again as Covid comes under control
No return to Spain for JC
More financial issues arise in press resulting in Felipe asking public body to audit his finances
Protests against King gain traction and gain worldwide attention
More revelations about MT see her effectively leave Luxembourg a live basically full time in Paris
Gui and Steph take on more duties in Luxembourg with Steph coming into her own without MT around
Louis' relationship becomes more serious and maybe an engagement
Alex gets a boyfriend (well her boyfriend becomes public)
Tessy continues to embarrass herself holding on to her royal links
ML and her BF become engaged causing uproar in Norway to the extent they announce they are moving to USA a la Sussexs
Haakon takes on more and more as Harald faces ill health
Haakon gets a new suit...that fits;)
- William and Catherine continue their duties and success
- No more babies for William and Catherine
- A baby boy for Princess Eugenie and Jack
- No baby announcement for Princess Beatrice yet
- Harry and Meghan continue to live in the US
- Harry (alone) will come to the UK for important events
- Pregnancy announcement for Harry and Meghan
- 100th birthday festivities for the Duke of Edinburgh (small events)
- 95th birthday festivities for The Queen (small events)
- Andrew will be out of the public eye
- King Phillippe and Queen Mathilde will continue their duties
- Princess Elisabeth graduates from her military education (photos)
- Princess Elisabeth will continue her studies
- Announcement concerning Prince Gabriel's university education
- Another baby for Amadeo and his wife
- Princess Astrid and her husband will continue to have angry faces
- Prince Laurent and the media will continue to hate each other
- King Jigme Khesar will continue his duties and success as monarch
- More appearances of the HRH The Gyalsey
- Queen Jetsun Pema will have more engagements and patronages
- No baby for the King and Queen Jetsun Pema for 2021
- But perhaps, a pregnancy announcement at the end of 2021
- Frederik and Mary increase their engagements
- QM's engagements will decrease but her health remains firm
- Prince Christian's confirmation with a small party
- Joachim and Marie will remain in France
- Emperor Naruhito continues his success her Emperor of Japan
- Empress Masako's health improves, and she increases her engagements
- The Crown Prince will continue with his controversial remarks
- Princess Mako and Komuro Kei finally tie the knot
- Princess Kako increases her duty because of her sister's marriage
- Princess Tsuguko continues to be in the tabloits
- Another pregnancy for Ayako and Moriya Kei
- Princess Takamado continues her success as the most public member of the Imperial Family
- MT continues to live in Paris and decreases public appearances
- No other baby for Guillaume and Stephanie yet
- Guillaume and Stephanie will increase their engagements
- Prince Louis and Scarlett become engaged
- Tessy will continue to embarrass herself in social media
- Prince Albert and P.Charlene continue their usual lifestyle
- Pregnancy annoucement for Louis and Marie
- No more babies for Charlotte and Dimitri
- No more babies for Andrea and Tatiana
- Pregnancy annoucement for Pierre and Beatrice
- King Harald's health will deteriorate
- Prince Haakon will step up to help his father
- No abdication
- Princess Mette-Marit's health condition will remain stable
- Martha-Louise and Derrek will continue their public affection
- More exposure for Ingrid Alexandra
- News about IA 18th birthday at the end of 2021
- King Felipe and Queen Letizia will continue their hard work
- Princess Leonor appears more in public
- JC's health gets worse, but he remains out of the public eye
- Queen Sofia's everlasting smile remains throughout 2021
- Felipe Froilan gets in more disputes with his girlfriend
- Victoria Federica continues to make headlines with her parties
- Nothing new for Infanta Elena and Infanta Cristina
- Princess Victoria and Prince Daniel continue their duties
- Financial and relationship problem rumors for Princess Madeleine
- No more children for the sisters
- Pregnancy annoucement for Prince Car Phillip and Princess Sofia
- Princess Estelle continues to appear in the public eye
- Health problems for King Carl Gustaf
- Protests against the King will continue throughout 2021
- Another scandal for WA and Maxima (but prevail)
- Princess Amalia will continue to be out of the public eye (mostly)
- News about Princess Amalia's 18th birthday
- Controversy surrounding Princess Amalia's apanage
- Announcement of Princess Amalia's university choice
- Princess Alexia gets more into fashion
(her future studies and career will probably follow that path)
- Countess Eloise will continue to be a free bird
Eugenie delivers a baby girl
Meghan and Harry announce they are expecting a baby girl
Beatrice Pregnancy Announcement
Eugenie and Jack will welcome a daughter;
Beatrice's pregnancy will be announced around autumn/winter 2021;
Meghan and Harry will announce their second pregnancy.
Louis and Scarlett's engagement will be announced with a wedding following in 2022;
Amalia and Liam will feature once again in Young Empire brand's campaign;
Prince Charles will make his first balcony appearance during Closing of the Octave;
No babies for Guillaume and Stéphanie in 2021;
Claire and Félix will get pregnant by the end of summer;
If the pandemic permits, we will see all members of the Royal family attending National Day in June.
Princess Elisabeth will make her first tiara event (or maybe a photo of her wearing a tiara will be realesed!).
Emperor Naruhito and Empress Masako make more virtual visits and after much IHA delays, the Imperial couple go out for public engagements in the latter half of the year.
Empress Masako's health continues to stabilize, increasing her activities and she returns to press conferences.
Public greetings are cancelled for New Year and Emperor's birthday.
Scaled down New Year lectures and poetry readings.
Princess Aiko makes her first solo activity debut (either virtual or public).
Princess Aiko's tiara is a beautiful design. (Please!)
Tabloids continue anti-Akishino coverage.
No progress on Princess Mako and Kei Komuro's marriage plans. Kei graduates from law school and prepares for / passes NY bar exam.
More appearances for Princess Kako and Prince Hisahito.
Princesses Akiko and Hisako continue their activities with success.
Tabloids revive rumors of Princess Tsuguko's engagement, fueling dramatic stories between the Takamado and Akishino families.
Focus remains on Grand Duke Henri with increasing activity from the Hereditary GD couple.
Rehabilitation of Grand Duchess Maria Teresa's image will begin when court reorg is stable.
No pregnancy or wedding news.
New Year reception is cancelled or scaled down.
Scaled down Octave and National Day but more GDF attend.
Court finally redesigns website and keeps it updated.
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:12 AM.|
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021