The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Fashion (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2020 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/the-duchess-of-cambridges-daytime-fashion-part-29-october-2020-a-47977.html)

Heavs 11-08-2020 06:41 AM

Kate always wears a military inspired coat at the Cenotaph. Last year the details had the braiding this year the shoulders.

Mirabel 11-08-2020 06:46 AM

The coat is a bit much, but I love her hat!

QueenMathilde 11-08-2020 06:56 AM

I like the outfit just not the shoulder detailing.

Jacknch 11-08-2020 09:08 AM

Goodness, it's quite a severe look for Catherine, but I do actually like the outfit and it's military feel - I particularly like the collar design.

An Ard Ri 11-08-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenMathilde (Post 2353376)
I like the outfit just not the shoulder detailing.

Yes I do too and agree about the shoulder details ,it was very military looking.

muriel 11-08-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2353373)
Kate always wears a military inspired coat at the Cenotaph. Last year the details had the braiding this year the shoulders.

She does indeed, though I query why she cannot reuse coats from previous years. How many black military style coats does she need?

REAL COUNTESS 11-08-2020 12:34 PM

I really like this coat the only thing is a bit much are the fringes. The makeup is perfect. She is a class act.

W.Y.CII 11-08-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2353415)
She does indeed, though I query why she cannot reuse coats from previous years. How many black military style coats does she need?

My thought exactly. A new military style black coat every year? :ninja:

Ista 11-08-2020 02:17 PM

I like the coat, especially the fit, which is wonderful. However, like others, I'm wondering why Catherine needs a new, black, military-inspired coat every year. At this point she has enough of them to rotate through them for several years without repeating too often.

Countessmeout 11-08-2020 02:33 PM

Another military inspired coat- the Miss Frizzle feeling strikes again.

I am not a fan of the tassels on this one. I wish she would have just re-worn of her numerous black military coats she has worn to this event in the past. Not a fan of this one.

Her hair looked lovely though.

Mademoiselle Lilo 11-08-2020 03:50 PM

I think minus the shoulder det1ils the coat is great fit,however i agree that she doesn't need another black military coat
Love the hat BTW

Hallo girl 11-09-2020 07:11 AM

Could it be that she actually doesn't have that many black coats just the embellishments 're styled . I dont know and havent looked at them closely enough, just a thought.

As for her hair, I think when she wore her hair down, the wind was blowing it about and she was constantly touching it she was criticised for being vain. Much more elegant the way she wears it now.

sm1939 11-09-2020 07:21 AM

I thought , Kate look very smart on Sunday, also I think better that her hair was up.

Jacknch 11-09-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2353699)
Could it be that she actually doesn't have that many black coats just the embellishments 're styled . I dont know and havent looked at them closely enough, just a thought.

As for her hair, I think when she wore her hair down, the wind was blowing it about and she was constantly touching it she was criticised for being vain. Much more elegant the way she wears it now.

I was wondering about how many black coats Catherine has - a quick look on the internet of past Remembrance Sundays suggest at least seven or eight different ones - although it's possible some have been re-worked to use again.

As for Catherine's hairstyle, I particularly like the style she had yesterday as it's very formal indeed for the occasion.

kathia_sophia 11-09-2020 09:09 AM

I don't like the coat that much. But it fits well. Lovely hairstyle and hat.

Does someone here have pictures of her previous military-coats?

TLLK 11-09-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2353699)

I agree that this is likely a coat that has been restyled for the event.

HereditaryPrincess 11-09-2020 05:55 PM

Not a fan of the military style motifs on Catherine's outfit. A bit Mary Poppins like for me!

(..)

Countessmeout 11-10-2020 06:42 PM

Kate wearing a boo blouse by Ghost today for a video call.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/11/10/...nce-week-call/

I can't find anything to like. The oversized scalloped collar is just weird looking. Never a fan of the Peter Pan type collar, but with the satin material its even worse IMO. Definitely not one of her nicer blouses.

CrownPrincessJava 11-10-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2353981)

I can't find anything to like. The oversized scalloped collar is just weird looking. Never a fan of the Peter Pan type collar, but with the satin material its even worse IMO. Definitely not one of her nicer blouses.

That shirt needs to be burnt! Awful! I hope she never wears that again!

TLLK 11-10-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2353981)

Hmm..too bad Bonfire Night has passed:whistling:. This one could have been added.