The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal House of Fashion (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/)
-   -   The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2020 - (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f63/the-duchess-of-cambridges-daytime-fashion-part-29-october-2020-a-47977.html)

iceflower 10-17-2020 03:10 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 29: October 2020 -

Welcome to Part 29 of the thread for the Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion!

You can find the old thread here:

** The Duchess of Cambridge's Daytime Fashion Part 28: January 2020 - October 2020 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

∑ Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
∑ No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
∑ It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
∑ We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
∑ Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
∑ Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
∑ Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

iceflower 10-20-2020 06:52 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge in a red Alexander McQueen coat today, October 20:

** Full view ** Full view ** Upper part **

Ista 10-20-2020 08:14 AM

That's a lovely coat, but I'd like it a lot better with about 4-5 inches lopped off the length. It's a great color on Catherine, though.

Claire 10-20-2020 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ista (Post 2349913)
That's a lovely coat, but I'd like it a lot better with about 4-5 inches lopped off the length. It's a great color on Catherine, though.

Length confused me as well - but I know nothing about fashion

Tirilschatz 10-20-2020 10:23 AM

Too long to look good.
The colour is great and its nice to see her in a plain clothing item, without millefleur or anything.

fandesacs2003 10-20-2020 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2349900)

Too long, too granny. Item should go back to closet an get out in 20 years. Lately Katherine look very in hurry to get old

An Ard Ri 10-20-2020 12:49 PM

Really lovely colour but I agree the coat is a little on the long side.

Erin9 10-20-2020 01:19 PM

It is a bit long, but if sheís cold, long makes sense from a practical point of view.

iceflower 10-20-2020 04:19 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge changed into a blue combination by Smythe later today to film with Kate Garraway for the Pride of Britain Awards:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Susan D 10-20-2020 04:46 PM

I think the red coat's length is terrible on Princess Catherine's height.

Mademoiselle Lilo 10-20-2020 05:30 PM

i must be the only one who like the coat lenght,the overall look is a win for me she looks fantastic.
The navy suut is classy i lkke it

Ista 10-20-2020 08:02 PM

From what I can see of it, I am liking the blue suit very much. It's a very polished look.

Erin9 10-20-2020 08:46 PM

The navy suit is very nice. Polished is a good word for it.

Mirabel 10-20-2020 09:23 PM

I like the blue suit but think it would look better with a contrasting shirt, instead of a different shade of blue.

Countessmeout 10-20-2020 09:59 PM

:previous: I agree. I thought some type of contrasting blouse instead of a different shade of blue would have worked better.

But nice to see her in a polished suit.

The red coat is awkward at best. The length just doesn't work on her.

MARG 10-21-2020 01:06 AM

I agree the coat is too long for what she wore underneath. However, a lovely pair of knee-high boots and something, anything at the top to balance it out. A scarf, ***** bow blouse . . . anything would help.

The blue suit looks good but pairing it with blue lacked imagination. Once again her voluminous hair remains her sole focus. A brooch, necklace, bell even a hair band or a beautiful updo revealing a substantial chic earrings would be a welcome surprise.

QueenPenny 10-21-2020 02:03 AM

Pretty red coat, but too long.

Nice blue pantsuit. Very polished.

PrincessofEurope 10-21-2020 04:29 AM

Red is a fab colour on Kate - but the length is far too long. My first thought was also another new coat - she has a very extensive wardrobe of similar coats and maybe considering the current difficult climate for the UK (and the world) recycling one of her many coats would have been better

IloveCP 11-03-2020 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2349900)

I love the red coat. Very beautiful and elegant.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2349974)
The Duchess of Cambridge changed into a blue combination by Smythe later today to film with Kate Garraway for the Pride of Britain Awards:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I like the jacket but not the pants and shirt.

Regarding the black outfit on October 12, I love it. Very beautiful and refined. I also love the blue dress on October 14. I find it beautiful and divine. Love the color. I also love the blouse and coat on October 6. Beautiful print on the coat. I dislike the pants however.

eya 11-08-2020 06:07 AM

Duchess of Cambridge attends the annual Remembrance Sunday memorial at The Cenotaph today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmTBqoVW...name=4096x4096
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...26?s=2048x2048

Heavs 11-08-2020 06:41 AM

Kate always wears a military inspired coat at the Cenotaph. Last year the details had the braiding this year the shoulders.

Mirabel 11-08-2020 06:46 AM

The coat is a bit much, but I love her hat!

QueenMathilde 11-08-2020 06:56 AM

I like the outfit just not the shoulder detailing.

Jacknch 11-08-2020 09:08 AM

Goodness, it's quite a severe look for Catherine, but I do actually like the outfit and it's military feel - I particularly like the collar design.

An Ard Ri 11-08-2020 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenMathilde (Post 2353376)
I like the outfit just not the shoulder detailing.

Yes I do too and agree about the shoulder details ,it was very military looking.

muriel 11-08-2020 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2353373)
Kate always wears a military inspired coat at the Cenotaph. Last year the details had the braiding this year the shoulders.

She does indeed, though I query why she cannot reuse coats from previous years. How many black military style coats does she need?

REAL COUNTESS 11-08-2020 12:34 PM

I really like this coat the only thing is a bit much are the fringes. The makeup is perfect. She is a class act.

W.Y.CII 11-08-2020 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2353415)
She does indeed, though I query why she cannot reuse coats from previous years. How many black military style coats does she need?

My thought exactly. A new military style black coat every year? :ninja:

Ista 11-08-2020 02:17 PM

I like the coat, especially the fit, which is wonderful. However, like others, I'm wondering why Catherine needs a new, black, military-inspired coat every year. At this point she has enough of them to rotate through them for several years without repeating too often.

Countessmeout 11-08-2020 02:33 PM

Another military inspired coat- the Miss Frizzle feeling strikes again.

I am not a fan of the tassels on this one. I wish she would have just re-worn of her numerous black military coats she has worn to this event in the past. Not a fan of this one.

Her hair looked lovely though.

Mademoiselle Lilo 11-08-2020 03:50 PM

I think minus the shoulder det1ils the coat is great fit,however i agree that she doesn't need another black military coat
Love the hat BTW

Hallo girl 11-09-2020 07:11 AM

Could it be that she actually doesn't have that many black coats just the embellishments 're styled . I dont know and havent looked at them closely enough, just a thought.

As for her hair, I think when she wore her hair down, the wind was blowing it about and she was constantly touching it she was criticised for being vain. Much more elegant the way she wears it now.

sm1939 11-09-2020 07:21 AM

I thought , Kate look very smart on Sunday, also I think better that her hair was up.

Jacknch 11-09-2020 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2353699)
Could it be that she actually doesn't have that many black coats just the embellishments 're styled . I dont know and havent looked at them closely enough, just a thought.

As for her hair, I think when she wore her hair down, the wind was blowing it about and she was constantly touching it she was criticised for being vain. Much more elegant the way she wears it now.

I was wondering about how many black coats Catherine has - a quick look on the internet of past Remembrance Sundays suggest at least seven or eight different ones - although it's possible some have been re-worked to use again.

As for Catherine's hairstyle, I particularly like the style she had yesterday as it's very formal indeed for the occasion.

kathia_sophia 11-09-2020 09:09 AM

I don't like the coat that much. But it fits well. Lovely hairstyle and hat.

Does someone here have pictures of her previous military-coats?

TLLK 11-09-2020 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2353699)

I agree that this is likely a coat that has been restyled for the event.

HereditaryPrincess 11-09-2020 05:55 PM

Not a fan of the military style motifs on Catherine's outfit. A bit Mary Poppins like for me!

(..)

Countessmeout 11-10-2020 06:42 PM

Kate wearing a boo blouse by Ghost today for a video call.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/11/10/...nce-week-call/

I can't find anything to like. The oversized scalloped collar is just weird looking. Never a fan of the Peter Pan type collar, but with the satin material its even worse IMO. Definitely not one of her nicer blouses.

CrownPrincessJava 11-10-2020 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2353981)

I can't find anything to like. The oversized scalloped collar is just weird looking. Never a fan of the Peter Pan type collar, but with the satin material its even worse IMO. Definitely not one of her nicer blouses.

That shirt needs to be burnt! Awful! I hope she never wears that again!

TLLK 11-10-2020 08:10 PM

Quote:

Hmm..too bad Bonfire Night has passed:whistling:. This one could have been added.

Frelinghighness 11-10-2020 09:07 PM

Perfection today. However I too think she should keep these coats on rotation. Love the epaulettes especially, who made it?
Her hat fits and fits her perfectly, and her hair is also so suited to the hat and showing her face.

Countessmeout 11-10-2020 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frelinghighness (Post 2354002)
Perfection today. However I too think she should keep these coats on rotation. Love the epaulettes especially, who made it?
Her hat fits and fits her perfectly, and her hair is also so suited to the hat and showing her face.

The Remembrance coat was Alexander McQueen. That was Sunday though.

muriel 11-11-2020 02:17 AM

Quote:

Never want to see that shirt again!

kathia_sophia 11-11-2020 07:22 PM

What an awful blouse! Please, Catherine, don't wear it again! The style is wrong, the fabric is wrong, everything feels wrong about it!

IloveCP 11-11-2020 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 2353358)
Duchess of Cambridge attends the annual Remembrance Sunday memorial at The Cenotaph today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EmTBqoVW...name=4096x4096
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...26?s=2048x2048

I dislike the outfit. I don't like the style and design.

Quote:

I find the blouse awful.

Denville 11-11-2020 07:42 PM

Its not great but possible she is wearing a black collared blouse becuase of its being Armisitice day....

Mirabel 11-11-2020 09:00 PM

I don't like the blouse at all, but I think it looks right for the occasion. By that I mean it displays the poppies well.

Jacknch 11-12-2020 03:32 AM

I'm not sure what to make of the white and black blouse at all - it sort of has a Pierrot vibe about it and it also reminds me of Chanel, but they tend to use a black ribbon at the neck-line.

muriel 11-12-2020 05:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2354137)
Its not great but possible she is wearing a black collared blouse becuase of its being Armisitice day....

I appreciate the reason for the black and white, but I struggle to see the justification for the design of the blouse.

Ista 11-12-2020 07:21 AM

I'm not a fan of this blouse as shown in the photos. However, if we could see the effect of the blouse with the skirt she is wearing I wonder if the whole thing might be a little less jarring. I think dressing for video appearances can end up giving quite a different appearance than when we can see the entire ensemble. It looks as though Catherine is wearing a black skirt, which might balance out that super wide collar. I do like the way the black highlights the poppies.

iceflower 11-12-2020 07:30 AM

A couple of posts have been removed as off-topic! Please remember that this is a fashion thread, thank you!

HereditaryPrincess 11-12-2020 06:50 PM

I don't mind the blouse but it seems a bit juvenile on Catherine. Better for an older teen or someone in their early-mid twenties IMO.

iceflower 11-15-2020 06:31 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge in a video message marking the end of the Hold Still community exhibition, wearing a red Zara blazer:

** Pic **

And wearing a blue caridgan by Boden during a virtual meeting this week:

** Pic **

muriel 11-15-2020 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2354717)
The Duchess of Cambridge in a video message marking the end of the Hold Still community exhibition, wearing a red Zara blazer:

** Pic **

** Pic **

I read on Twitter that the red Zara jacket dates back to at least 2012, and was used during the Olympics

HereditaryPrincess 11-15-2020 05:51 PM

A nice look clothes wise for Catherine, but her makeup here is too harsh for my personal taste!

Countessmeout 11-15-2020 07:23 PM

Quote:

** Pic **

** Pic **

Red blazer from the Olympics.

The color is great and I love her necklace. But I hate the gathered shoulders on that blazer. Dates the coat.

The cardigan is a pretty color.

Lady Daly 11-18-2020 10:52 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge has been voted the most stylish royal in the world. She is the number one royal style icon, according to research conducted by online fashion platform Farfetch.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...yal-world.html

iceflower 11-22-2020 12:22 AM

A nice blouse for the Duchess of Cambridge during a video meeting this week:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/11...5974835352.jpg

Countessmeout 11-22-2020 12:42 AM

:previous: Nice pattern on the blouse. Best look on her in a while. :flowers:

The blouse is American brand Michael Kors.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/11/21/...or-video-call/

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lady Daly (Post 2355268)
The Duchess of Cambridge has been voted the most stylish royal in the world. She is the number one royal style icon, according to research conducted by online fashion platform Farfetch.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...yal-world.html

In fairness she was the only royal on the list. It was a fashion list not 'royal' list. And some of these sites have very limited concept of royals outside the UK.

MARG 11-22-2020 05:24 AM

I have to admit I don't like it as it is far too matronly for her. Even Camilla's blouse looks less fussy than that.

An Ard Ri 11-22-2020 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MARG (Post 2356202)
I have to admit I don't like it as it is far too matronly for her. Even Camilla's blouse looks less fussy than that.

I agree I'm not a fan either and it reminds me of a 70's pajamas pattern.

Elly C 11-22-2020 11:46 AM

Blouse is okay, certainly better than the collared look from last week. I do agree that she wears prints that can be ageing.

iceflower 11-23-2020 07:14 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge in a video message for the 5 Big Questions survey released today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

An Ard Ri 11-23-2020 07:34 AM

The duchess looks lovely and a really nice hairstyle too.

Erin9 11-23-2020 08:40 AM

I really like the pink blouse. Itís a good color on her.

muriel 11-27-2020 01:23 AM

Not that I want to trivialise what Kate had to say in her early years speech, but the royal blue dress she is wearing was last seen for her first public speech at EACH in Norfolk not long after they were married, and is meant to have been borrowed from her mother.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...rs-speech.html

iceflower 11-27-2020 10:07 AM

The Duchess of Cambridge during her keynote speech during the What the UK Thinks About the Early Years forum, wearing a mauve jacket by Massimo Dutti:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

An Ard Ri 11-27-2020 10:09 AM

That's a really nice jacket and look on the duchess,very smart.

Frelinghighness 11-27-2020 11:54 AM

I like the use of blazers in the last three looks. The pink sweater and navy blazer is a very good combo for her (and most people). Mauve and white very pretty and the crew necklines suit her very well, especially with the pretty gold necklace. navy dress and white blazer another winner. Good working uniforms for her.
The early childhood issue is so important, kudos.

MsJulie 11-27-2020 01:11 PM

I like the layering outfits Kate wears as it makes her look healthy. Som clothes make her look way to thin. The kids must be keeping her up at night. She looks tired in the pictures but has a smile on her face.

eya 11-28-2020 01:35 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge is pictured during a Social Media Q&A on the early years project

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En7GWAqX...name=4096x4096

Mademoiselle Lilo 11-28-2020 04:36 PM

I find her last outfits very appropriate and elegant,very nicely chosen

Countessmeout 11-28-2020 05:51 PM

Ugh another giant bow :bang: At least the color is nice.

I really like her last few blazer looks. Sleek, professional, age appropriate :flowers:

Frelinghighness 11-29-2020 03:35 PM

Very pretty purple blouse for her.

An Ard Ri 11-29-2020 03:45 PM

I really love the colour and I don't mind the bow,the duchess is beautifully styled.

Elly C 11-29-2020 05:49 PM

I agree she always looks sleek and polished but I find myself liking her choices less and less. Itís not that there is anything that jars , indeed she can look pretty good in most things, itís just a bit too safe and fairly predictable. I wish she would occasionally experiment a little more. Just one thing -perhaps a statement piece of jewellery or a more layered look would make a world of difference . However, given the type of engagements she has been undertaking recently, I appreciate it would be ill judged to draw attention away from the serious nature of the causes she is backing. I just donít enjoy her style right now.

HereditaryPrincess 11-29-2020 05:51 PM

A nice colour for Catherine. It would've been nice to get a better view of the outfit but from what I can see, she looks good.

muriel 11-30-2020 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elly C (Post 2357670)
I agree she always looks sleek and polished but I find myself liking her choices less and less. Itís not that there is anything that jars , indeed she can look pretty good in most things, itís just a bit too safe and fairly predictable. I wish she would occasionally experiment a little more. Just one thing -perhaps a statement piece of jewellery or a more layered look would make a world of difference . However, given the type of engagements she has been undertaking recently, I appreciate it would be ill judged to draw attention away from the serious nature of the causes she is backing. I just donít enjoy her style right now.

I think you are right, these are neither the events nor the times to draw attention to her clothes or jewellery.

I think it is good that she seems to have perfected a certain classic look that works for her. Some feel that she can dress "younger", but I think a lot of her restraint may, in part, be a nod to her position. That said, I think in recent years, she has been far more experimental, all within the confines of her self defined boundries. I would certainly like to see her introduce more jewellery into her repetoire, but she has again demosntrated that when required, she can step up her game in that department.

Countessmeout 11-30-2020 01:58 AM

People are going to talk about her clothes no matter what.

She isn't dressing like this so she 'doesn't take attention from the pandemic'. She is dressing like this because this has been her style for the past decade, and she has no desire to change it. Upside eventually her age will match her style in a decade or so.

I guess if trying a new pattern to her same style dress or blouse, is 'experimenting' I guess she has.

IloveCP 12-03-2020 03:47 AM

Quote:

** Pic **

** Pic **

I love the red jacket and the blue cardigan is beautiful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2356160)
A nice blouse for the Duchess of Cambridge during a video meeting this week:

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/1s/2020/11...5974835352.jpg

I dislike the print. I find it awful.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2356468)
The Duchess of Cambridge in a video message for the 5 Big Questions survey released today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

An elegant look. I love the blouse.

Quote:

Originally Posted by iceflower (Post 2357344)
The Duchess of Cambridge during her keynote speech during the What the UK Thinks About the Early Years forum, wearing a mauve jacket by Massimo Dutti:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

I love the outfit. Beautiful color.

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 2357501)
The Duchess of Cambridge is pictured during a Social Media Q&A on the early years project

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/En7GWAqX...name=4096x4096

I love the color but not the style and design.

eya 12-06-2020 05:38 PM

The Duchess of Cambridge as starting tonight the Royal Train Tour

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EoloVdVX...pg&name=medium

McQueen coat for the Duchess tonight

HereditaryPrincess 12-06-2020 05:50 PM

Catherine looks gorgeous in that coat. I like her mask, too!

An Ard Ri 12-06-2020 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess (Post 2358853)
Catherine looks gorgeous in that coat. I like her mask, too!

Its almost festive looking with the green and tartan!

Erin9 12-06-2020 06:04 PM

I like the green coat. I love her scarf. So festive!

Countessmeout 12-06-2020 06:09 PM

The scarf is beautiful. :flowers:

The coat is her usual meh style.

TLLK 12-06-2020 07:11 PM

I wonder if it's the Alexander McQueen coat that she wore in January 2020 when the Cambridges traveled to Bradford?

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/01/15/...d-engagements/

Countessmeout 12-06-2020 07:25 PM

The scarf is her Maple leaf tartan scarf she wore in Canada. By York scarves

https://twitter.com/KateMiddStyle/st...12324309676033

https://katemiddletonstyle.org/item/...-tartan-scarf/

TLLK 12-06-2020 07:34 PM

Thank you for the scarf identification Countessmeout.

muriel 12-07-2020 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLLK (Post 2358884)
I wonder if it's the Alexander McQueen coat that she wore in January 2020 when the Cambridges traveled to Bradford?

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/01/15/...d-engagements/

I think it is the coat used previously on the trip to Bradford.

eya 12-07-2020 04:51 AM

Duchess of Cambridge as arrive in Edinburgh this morning

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EooOE5jX...pg&name=medium

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIffQjFHgmz/

Duchess is wearing a coat by Catherine Walker

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/fff2/image...eb6c6ccbd6.jpg

muriel 12-07-2020 06:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eya (Post 2358938)
Duchess of Cambridge as arrive in Edinburgh this morning

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EooOE5jX...pg&name=medium

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIffQjFHgmz/

Duchess is wearing a coat by Catherine Walker

https://i.dailymail.co.uk/fff2/image...eb6c6ccbd6.jpg

I think this coat was previously used in Norway in 2018.

TLLK 12-07-2020 10:36 AM

:previous: I believe that you are correct and that the coat has been altered from its previous maternity look.

eya 12-07-2020 10:48 AM

:previous: Yes indeed!

in Norway

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EooFEKKX...pg&name=medium

but also the Duchess ware this coat and the Christmas 2019

https://hips.hearstapps.com/hmg-prod...g?resize=768:*

And outfit No2 in Batley today

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EopaPiKX...jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EopacfaX...jpg&name=large
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EopcBN6W...jpg&name=large

Is wearing the 'Bianca' Hobbs coat, ware it earlier this year in Wales

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EopXw8EW...g&name=900x900

And the Duchess (..) at the last stop in Manchester

https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...21?s=2048x2048
https://media.gettyimages.com/photos...14?s=2048x2048

Elly C 12-07-2020 11:28 AM

Particularly like todayís second outfit .

An Ard Ri 12-07-2020 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elly C (Post 2358996)
Particularly like todayís second outfit .

Both are really nice though the second one is my winner for today.

Fem 12-07-2020 12:26 PM

I think all of the outfits are okay (I do like that blue coat) - nothing earth shattering, but as always immaculately styled and tailored to perfection.

I also wouldn't be surprised if all the outfits we'll be seeing on this tour will be repeats of something that Catherine already wore on public engagements.

muriel 12-08-2020 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fem (Post 2359024)
I think all of the outfits are okay (I do like that blue coat) - nothing earth shattering, but as always immaculately styled and tailored to perfection.

Exactly what, IMO, was required. Nothing too OTT, but elegant, well tailored clothes, showcasing British fashion.

Countessmeout 12-08-2020 01:41 AM

Same coat from earlier in the day, just changed the outfit.

The sweater is new, by Brora.

https://whatkatewore.com/2020/12/07/...vening-events/

Not my favorite sweater, a bit old lady for me.

Her looks today are her usual- meh looks. But at least not too granny except the sweater. The light blue coat from the morning was by far the best.

The best fashion piece of the day was her husband's scarf.

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2359102)
Exactly what, IMO, was required. Nothing too OTT, but elegant, well tailored clothes, showcasing British fashion.

You can look classic and elegant without looking 20 years older.

People seem to over look the fact she wears a number of non British brands.

eya 12-08-2020 04:36 AM

Duchess of Cambridge as arrived at Cardiff Castle today. Lovely!!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EotJ7EjW...jpg&name=large

A McQueen coat

Fem 12-08-2020 04:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Countessmeout (Post 2359104)
Her looks today are her usual- meh looks. But at least not too granny except the sweater. The light blue coat from the morning was by far the best.
(...)
You can look classic and elegant without looking 20 years older.

Well I do love the sweater and I actually pre-orded it a few minutes ago. And, oh lord, I'm younger than Catherine... What does it say about me?! :lol:

I also don't think it's fair to say that she dresses older than she is, but in general I don't like the idea that you have to dress for an age. When you find that something that looks good on you, go for it. Catherine has a specific, but very cohesive, style (working for her, IMO) that fits her position, she's adjusting it to the occassion as required and always looks put together.

You might not like it, but fortunately a lot of people do.