The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Library (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Meghan Misunderstood (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/meghan-misunderstood-47652.html)

Sun Lion 06-23-2020 03:25 AM

Meghan Misunderstood

A "pioneering" new book that intends to "set the record straight on the most talked about ... and misrepresented woman in the world".

Due out on the 12th of November this year.

Published by the same company that is publishing "Finding Freedom".

https://www.thebookseller.com/news/h...-smith-1207535

Curryong 06-23-2020 03:51 AM

My goodness, how many more books are going to be published on the same subject! One on Meghan and Harry coming out in a few days, then the Scobie/Durrand book in August, another in October, now a new one in November.

The market is going to be flooded and I doubt that half will make much money. While I welcome another biography that sticks up for Meghan besides the Finding Freedom one, enough is enough!

Muhler 06-23-2020 03:52 AM

:previous:

A celebrity biographer.

That pretty much sets the standard IMO.

Sun Lion 06-23-2020 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2322018)
My goodness, how many more books are going to be published on the same subject! One on Meghan and Harry coming out in a few days, then the Scobie/Durrand book in August, another in October, now a new one in November.

The market is going to be flooded and I doubt that half will make much money. While I welcome another biography that sticks up for Meghan besides the Finding Freedom one, enough is enough!

Despite the Duke and Duchess of Sussex being written off in some quarters - no longer Royal etc - they must be seen as money-spinners by others Curryong. Best to get it all out there while "Megxit" is still fresh.

muriel 06-23-2020 03:58 AM

Viewed from the perspective of a publisher or a royal hack or a budding royal author, Meghan and Harry appear to have enough material to keep them all going. They have probably not had it so good since the War of the Wales'!

Sun Lion 06-23-2020 04:01 AM

Don't know if it is best to read them all or ignore them all.

Pro Sussex camps and anti Sussex camps will probably settle for what seems to correspond with what they already believe.

Will be interesting to see which becomes the best-seller.

Heavs 06-23-2020 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muriel (Post 2322022)
Viewed from the perspective of a publisher or a royal hack or a budding royal author, Meghan and Harry appear to have enough material to keep them all going. They have probably not had it so good since the War of the Wales'!

Yes it would seem this public break with so many potential threads to it was always going to be juicy for royal "biograhpers" of every concievable stripe. There will probably be a book and documentary covering every concievable angle regardless of what the Sussexes are doing or not doing with their new lives.

I don't plan on reading any of them though I'm sure I'll get the gist from here and elsewhere.

muriel 06-23-2020 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sun Lion (Post 2322023)
Don't know if it is best to read them all or ignore them all.

Pro Sussex camps and anti Sussex camps will probably settle for what seems to correspond with what they already believe.

Will be interesting to see which becomes the best-seller.

Quite right. I am sure most people fall into one camp or the other.

I would be surprised if the books themseves will add that much as there does not appear to be much more information about the said people or events in the public domain. The only exception to this could be if specific members of the ongoing saga choose to brief specific authors directly or indiectly as may be suggested from time to time.

Winnie 06-23-2020 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2322031)
Yes it would seem this public break with so many potential threads to it was always going to be juicy for royal "biograhpers" of every concievable stripe. There will probably be a book and documentary covering every concievable angle regardless of what the Sussexes are doing or not doing with their new lives.

I don't plan on reading any of them though I'm sure I'll get the gist from here and elsewhere.

Yes, I agree. I will save my money on purchasing something worth my time. Probably will get all the gossip on this and many other Royal Forum sites anyway. Of course I will read here but at this old age not gullible to believe all from either side. Each book will be slanted to whatever favor they want to push. It is normal. JMO

Osipi 06-23-2020 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2322031)

This is my plan too although I may purchase some of them for dirt cheap from my favorite cheap supplier (abebooks.com) for a boring night with nothing else to read (fat chance of that happening). :biggrin:

Thing for me is that I'm really not all that interested in their private lives behind closed doors as I sincerely believe unless one is intimately involved behind those closed door, everything is speculation and can be seen from many perspectives and paint many pictures of conjecture.

The one I would deem maybe first to read (cheaply of course) is the one being authored by Omid Scobie and Carolyn Durand "Finding Freedom". It would seem to be one that would be more balanced reporting on events leading up to Harry and Meghan departing from being working royals and not a rehash of speculations and gossips and rumors as Lady Colin Campbell's book is bound to be. I don't need a rehash of tabloid fodder at all.

Alison H 06-23-2020 02:50 PM

Unless it's written in conjunction with Meghan herself, which it presumably isn't, it's probably just going to be a rehash of all the stuff that's been all over the tabloids already.

carlota 06-23-2020 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Curryong (Post 2322018)

i knew about the Scobie/Durrand Finding Freedom book which had the collaboration with the sussexes, but didn't know about the others - who is writing them and did H&M collaborate with any?

Eskimo 06-23-2020 04:47 PM

From the title of the book it seems like this book belongs in the pro-Meghan camp, so I wonder if H&M collaborated with the author on this book like they did on the Scobie one

Lumutqueen 06-23-2020 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eskimo (Post 2322155)
From the title of the book it seems like this book belongs in the pro-Meghan camp, so I wonder if H&M collaborated with the author on this book like they did on the Scobie one

They didnít. The author would use something like that to promote the book, which they havenít.

muriel 06-24-2020 04:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2322121)
It would seem to be one that would be more balanced reporting on events leading up to Harry and Meghan departing from being working royals and not a rehash of speculations and gossips and rumors as Lady Colin Campbell's book is bound to be. I don't need a rehash of tabloid fodder at all.

I am not sure how "balanced" Omid's book is going to be. He is very pro-Meghan, and it is clear he has very close links to Meghan, possibly through her friend, Marcus Anderson.

Osipi 06-24-2020 05:11 AM

Perhaps I should clarify. Omid Scobie may be more "balanced" in relating events leading up to the decision to walk away from being full time working royals because out of all the authors putting out books about Harry and Meghan and their decisions, Omid has had an eagle eye on the couple from the start of their relationship and actually has traveled with the couple covering their events.

In other words, out of all the authors, Omid Scobie is probably the one that actually knows them the best. He's been a royal reporter at large for 8 years. I just would be prone to believe something more out of Omid's mouth than the other authors doing books on the Sussexes. He can relate events from a first person point of view whereas Lady Colin Campbell has never been seen with the couple and, IMO, most likely has never met them.

But then again, what do I know? :biggrin:

Denville 06-24-2020 05:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2322211)
Perhaps I should clarify. Omid Scobie may be more "balanced" in relating events leading up to the decision to walk away from being full time working royals because out of all the authors putting out books about Harry and Meghan and their decisions, Omid has had an eagle eye on the couple from the start of their relationship and actually has traveled with the couple covering their events.

In other words, out of all the authors, Omid Scobie is probably the one that actually knows them the best. He's been a royal reporter at large for 8 years. I just would be prone to believe something more out of Omid's mouth than the other authors doing books on the Sussexes. He can relate events from a first person point of view whereas Lady Colin Campbell has never been seen with the couple and, IMO, most likely has never met them.

But then again, what do I know? :biggrin:

Books bout the Sussexes are going to be divisive becuase they are. THey have fans who think highly of them and tehre are other people who are a lot more dubious. And they have alienated the Press which means that any favourable books are going to be dismissed as "puff jobs".. Lady CC writes scandal about everyone, its not just them. She is not an accurate writer - but her books do sell, even if they are not highly regarded.

Tarlita 06-24-2020 07:24 AM

Robert Lacey's book Battle of the Brothers; the friendship and the feud between Prince William and Prince Harry is due out in October. From a historical perspective. No doubt their wives will be a part of it.
Robert Lacey is a well known respected Royal historian and author. He wrote two books I believe on The Queen Mother as well as others.

Tarlita 06-24-2020 07:24 AM

Had to delete a double up of my post, sorry. Lack of wi-fi is very frustrating.

Lumutqueen 06-24-2020 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarlita (Post 2322232)
Robert Lacey's book Battle of the Brothers; the friendship and the feud between Prince William and Prince Harry is due out in October. From a historical perspective. No doubt their wives will be a part of it.
Robert Lacey is a well known respected Royal historian and author. He wrote two books I believe on The Queen Mother as well as others.

I disagree he is a well known and respected historian, considering he was directly involved in the making of The Crown a largely over dramatised and partially fictitious program. (All though very entertaining).

However thereís a thread for that book.