The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Library (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/finding-freedom-harry-and-meghan-and-the-making-of-a-modern-royal-family-47438.html)

rominet09 05-04-2020 07:02 PM

I read that the book named "Fiding Freedom" will be on sale on August 11

QueenMathilde 05-04-2020 09:43 PM

I don't know. I think the tell all book is a mistake. Especially if they trash the royal family in any way. I liked how they were out delivering food during the shut down - they should keep doing things like that. Meghan was only in the royal family for two years.

Hallo girl 05-05-2020 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kataryn (Post 2312164)
Now that reminds me of the Morton-book...

Due to certain elements of the Morton book,plus the use of family photographs , it was highly suspected at the time that Diana had a hand in the book.
Diana had allegedly denied being involved, having never met Morton to discuss a book.

Morton himself denied having spoken to Diana about the book.

The truth came out later, all I am saying is that a 1-2-1 interview is not always required.

Denville 05-05-2020 05:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hallo girl (Post 2312291)
Due to certain elements of the Morton book,plus the use of family photographs , it was highly suspected at the time that Diana had a hand in the book.
Diana had allegedly denied being involved, having never met Morton to discuss a book.

Morton himself denied having spoken to Diana about the book.

The truth came out later, all I am saying is that a 1-2-1 interview is not always required.

Diana's book was partly soucred by her friends talking to Morton..Which was why people suspected that she had more of a hand in it than she was admitting... though she denied having spoken to Morton. but people knew that her friends were not likely to have talked so frankly unless she had igiven them to the OK to speak as they did, and there was as you've said the use of family photos. And then Morton admitted that although she had not met him she had given hm tapes via one of her friends...

Hallo girl 05-05-2020 05:34 AM

The title hints at a tell all but the reality could be marshmallow and fluff, and by that time the money will have been made with no real harm done.
I wonder if any of the press will pay for the exclusive extracts, or will the authors allow early extracts.

Betsypaige 05-05-2020 07:19 AM

From the horse’s mouth .....

I may be ill.

Quote:

Excited to announce that #FindingFreedom, a biography written by myself and @CarolynDurand, will be available worldwide in August.

For the first time, go beyond the headlines and discover the true story of Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex.
https://twitter.com/scobie/status/12...326999046?s=21

Denville 05-05-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsypaige (Post 2312313)
From the horseís mouth .....

I may be ill.

Why? there are biographies of royals coming out all the time. They are usualy sycophantic. A few are "tell all" but either way, Royals get exaggerated praise and crticisim.

Nico 05-05-2020 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsypaige (Post 2312313)
From the horseís mouth .....

I may be ill.

"true story" is dropped.
Morton 2.0 here we go ...
What to expect from a "Royal author" who don't use titles properly (i mean : Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex ?).

The ego of this young lad is escalating at the minute ...

Can't wait to be in August, it will be a lot of fun (and hysteria) :rofl::rofl:

Betsypaige 05-05-2020 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2312315)
Why? there are biographies of royals coming out all the time. They are usualy sycophantic. A few are "tell all" but either way, Royals get exaggerated praise and crticisim.

Not to be snippy, but if you want an answer, you can look all over my posts in this thread.

“Go beyond the headlines....discover the true story”. It sounds like a cheesy soap opera in book form.

I think this will be a very poorly written, weirdly personal third person narrative masquerading as a biography of the Sussexes while ultimately dishing on the BRF.

Nico:

Good point - of course Harry is a prince, but it’s not his title. A Prince sounds so much more attractive than a Duke, lol

Quote:

What to expect from a "Royal author" who don't use titles properly (i mean : Prince Harry and Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex ?).

Denville 05-05-2020 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsypaige (Post 2312317)
Not to be snippy, but if you want an answer, you can look all over my posts in this thread.

ďGo beyond the headlines....discover the true storyĒ. It sounds like a cheesy soap opera in book form.

I think this will be a very poorly written, weirdly personal third person narrative masquerading as a biography of the Sussexes while ultimately dishing on the BRF.

Its probably poorly written, it is probably sycophantic towards the Sussexes.. but a lot of royal coverage is like that. And I doubt if they're going to say much that's negative about the RF. After all, who is helpng H out financially at the moment? Im sure they're not so stupid as to absolutely savage the hand that feeds them.

Betsypaige 05-05-2020 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2312318)
Its probably poorly written, it is probably sycophantic towards the Sussexes.. but a lot of royal coverage is like that. And I doubt if they're going to say much that's negative about the RF. After all, who is helpng H out financially at the moment? Im sure they're not so stupid as to absolutely savage the hand that feeds them.

I admit I find it hard to believe that Harry would go out of his way to trash his father and grandmother....or anyone else...but Iíve never thought it would be a nasty book in that way. Itís just that their official statements often seem to criticize the BRF (especially HM, the monarchy as a whole, Charles) even if they didnít mean to. Theyíre very clumsy and sort of bull-in the china shop-ish, and this attempt to set the record straight is likely to be dishy as they reveal their version of events.

Marengo 05-05-2020 08:08 AM

Accusations about stalking have been removed.

We will consider further far-fetched accusations as slander. Posters expressing such slandarous messages will find their account suspended.

Nico 05-05-2020 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2312318)

It will be a deception for some then (oh you know who you are), expecting a bombshell revealing from A to Z how Harry and Meghan were the "scapegoats" of those evil and racist Windsors.

Oh well ...

BaiSoSo 05-05-2020 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenMathilde (Post 2312272)
I don't know. I think the tell all book is a mistake. Especially if they trash the royal family in any way. I liked how they were out delivering food during the shut down - they should keep doing things like that. Meghan was only in the royal family for two years.

This isn't a tell-all book and Meghan & Harry did not participate in writing it nor did they provide interviews for the book. It is no different than all the other books that royal reporters have written both positive and negative and it is the only one that I have seen get this much push back. My guess is because it is written by a royal reporter who has been known to be neutral to ALL BRF and indicates that the book will show Meghan (in particular) in a good light and that is not the story some want to be told.

On a good note- the more people talk about it the better the sales... I'm happy for Omid on that piece.

Lumutqueen 05-05-2020 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaiSoSo (Post 2312325)
On a good note- the more people talk about it the better the sales... I'm happy for Omid on that piece.

[...] just because people talk doesn’t translate into sales.

This book will be a hit with Sussex Fans, but ,IMO, it’s not going to be as popular with actual royal followers.

Denville 05-05-2020 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Betsypaige (Post 2312321)
I admit I find it hard to believe that Harry would go out of his way to trash his father and grandmother....or anyone else...but Iíve never thought it would be a nasty book in that way. Itís just that their official statements often seem to criticize the BRF (especially HM, the monarchy as a whole, Charles) even if they didnít mean to. Theyíre very clumsy and sort of bull-in the china shop-ish, and this attempt to set the record straight is likely to be dishy as they reveal their version of events.

Probably. I am sure that Omid is going to put their point of view.. and portray tehm as something special.. but we know that.. I'd just avoid it....

poppy7 05-05-2020 09:06 AM

I am not going to lie. I will buy the book. Just to see. Harry is very like his mother but rather less appealing to be honest. But I wish that he, unlike her, will find happiness in his private life.

Pranter 05-05-2020 09:13 AM

I've already pre-ordered the book. I've read many books about Royals (some of them not even very well known, books or the subject). I've read them by authors I didn't really care for just so I know what it actually says. Then I have a foundation to discuss it and compare it to other info.

LaRae

Betsypaige 05-05-2020 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumutqueen (Post 2312328)
Cross posted this from the General News thread as it belongs here; just because people talk doesnít translate into sales.

This book will be a hit with Sussex Fans, but ,IMO, itís not going to be as popular with actual royal followers.

I completely agree. I suppose it might do more sales now because people have more time to read, but I think this is a niche book - for only a certain segment of people (Sussex stans)

Curryong 05-05-2020 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pranter (Post 2312335)
I've already pre-ordered the book. I've read many books about Royals (some of them not even very well known, books or the subject). I've read them by authors I didn't really care for just so I know what it actually says. Then I have a foundation to discuss it and compare it to other info.

LaRae

Same here, I have already preordered this book. I have many books (good, bad and indifferent) about royals of the past and present in my library, mostly BRF but some about individuals in other royal Houses. Some royals I read about I've liked and admired, some I'm neutral about, some I haven't cared for. It's all grist for the mill etc. If you don't read these biographies you won't know as much as if you do, IMO.