The Royal Forums

The Royal Forums (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/)
-   Royal Library (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/)
-   -   Finding Freedom: Harry and Meghan and the Making of A Modern Royal Family (https://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f61/finding-freedom-harry-and-meghan-and-the-making-of-a-modern-royal-family-47438.html)

KellyAtLast 08-30-2020 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MaiaMia_53 (Post 2339387)
:previous:

I beg to differ. Omid Scobie is a professional, fair-minded journalist, and a royalist to boot. He's nobody's mouthpiece, but his own. He's done a great job of being as diplomatic as possible in his reporting and writing, which frankly earns him my complete respect, regardless of my criticisms about the book, which I feel are mainly due to the publishers' demands and requirements.

Fair minded journalist?! Great job being diplomatic?! Lmfao have you heard his interviews lately? And his podcast and read thru his twitter. He is the complete opposite of everything you describe him to be and he is not respected by anyone except the susssex squad. He is most definetly a mouthpiece of Meghan. Only the Sussex fans say he’s reliable because he kisses Meghan’s rear end.

poppy7 08-30-2020 05:13 PM

I think poor auld Omid is on the way out of royal reporting. But I am sure their are other gigs.

poppy7 08-30-2020 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duchessrachel (Post 2339351)
Agreed. If it had been me, I would have been burning up Catherine's phone with questions. She would have probably changed her number :lol:

I think Kate probably expected Meghan to be a bit like her. But she really wasn't. And she had her own family, babies, a husband and a job to be getting on with.

Durham 08-30-2020 05:38 PM

Omid Scobie thinks that The Queen reading a speech about voting, written by one of her own governments, is comparable to remarks made by the Duchess of Sussex.

Total lack of understanding of basic constitutional matters.

Queen Claude 08-30-2020 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Denville (Post 2338497)
I think that Catherine didn't take to Meghan and probably vice versa. In spite of Harry's eagerly saying that she had met W and Cat and they all loved her... I think she was just wary of Meg and didn't find her congenial.. and didn't want to go shoppign with her.. Problaby felt too that M seemed super confident so she didn't need/want any advice on how to be a royal....

The shopping trip "snub" took place at most a few weeks after Kate and Meghan met, heck for all we know it could have happened on the same visit they met. Yeah it is believable that they would not have taken to each other under more positive circumstances, but my contention is that the "snub" story being leaked and publicized would have cast such a great pall over the relationship in the form of the Cambridges not trusting Meghan enough to figure out whether or not they like her. This was then compounded by William and Harry falling out when William cautioned Harry against rushing the relationship with Meghan.

P.S.
Even though we now know that Meghan and Kate did not click, it should be noted that the Cambridges did make gracious overtures towards Meghan like having her stay at Anmer Hall during the Christmas holidays and hosting a pre-wedding event for wedding participants friends of Meghan and Harry.

poppy7 08-30-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durham (Post 2339418)
Omid Scobie thinks that The Queen reading a speech about voting, written by one of her own governments, is comparable to remarks made by the Duchess of Sussex.

Total lack of understanding of basic constitutional matters.

Omid did what now?

AC21091968 08-30-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppy7 (Post 2339421)
Omid did what now?

Omid Scobie tweeted out that The Queen encouraged Welsh people to vote in the Welsh Assembly, as a way to deflect the controversy that Meghan using her title to urge people to vote. He was definitely shifting the blame to the Queen and some of the "Sussex Squad" wants to strip The Queen title.

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1297949971782627331

This has been discuss in the forum previously. First of all, the Queen was given what to say in the Speech, like the Queen's speech in the State Opening of Parliament in Westminster. Second of all, Omid Scobie's lack of constitutional knowledge is deplorable for a royal reporter. Third of all, he is extremely bias and unprofessional for a royal reporter, who seems to be defending Meghan at whatever cost. He also tweeted out:

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1297156822265139206

On a side note, someone on twitter has also pointed out that the comments under this tweet (from Omid's official account) are turned off. This tweet was about the Duchess of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1300013460084924423


Sorry if I sound that I am ranting, but I really need to point out Omid's unprofessionalism. :hammer:

I personally prefer Camilla Tominey over Omid Scobie any time, despite the fact Camilla Tominey is also a political contributor at the Telegraph.

tommy100 08-30-2020 06:53 PM

The fact he refers to the Duchess of Cambridge as "Duchess Kate" says it all IMO. Omid is not a royal reporter who is fair minded, he is a reporter on the Sussex's - to be honest at this point I would say he is more a commentator than a journalist. He is definitely a 'Sussex collaborator' by which I mean he is active in promoting the Sussexes and their narrative with support from them.

Let's put it this way, if he was a proper journalist his book would have to be balances and objective (even if he likes Meghan he can still be objective) and he could announce he was writing a book about Kate next and we'll all think that too would be a fair balanced reflection on her and her life...

Curryong 08-30-2020 08:00 PM

And have all the other Royal reporters on the rota been scrupulously fair, neutral and balanced in their reporting of the Sussex's since 2017? Because IMO they have not.

And much of their reactions and those of other journalists, towards Scobie and Durand and Finding Freedom has been IMO due to the two having written a bestseller, something very few of them have achieved.

debrann 08-30-2020 09:04 PM

Just throwing this into the mix and please remove or place elsewhere...what about the book Meghan and Harry...The Real Story...by Lady Colin Campbell. I am 2/3's way through this book and it's my understanding this is the Palace's version???? The only comment I will make so far is that it gives you a clearer picture of Meghan's growing up and perhaps explains how she has turned into the person she has now become :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Eskimo 08-30-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC21091968 (Post 2339425)
Omid Scobie tweeted out that The Queen encouraged Welsh people to vote in the Welsh Assembly, as a way to deflect the controversy that Meghan using her title to urge people to vote. He was definitely shifting the blame to the Queen and some of the "Sussex Squad" wants to strip The Queen title.

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1297949971782627331

This has been discuss in the forum previously. First of all, the Queen was given what to say in the Speech, like the Queen's speech in the State Opening of Parliament in Westminster. Second of all, Omid Scobie's lack of constitutional knowledge is deplorable for a royal reporter. Third of all, he is extremely bias and unprofessional for a royal reporter, who seems to be defending Meghan at whatever cost. He also tweeted out:

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1297156822265139206

On a side note, someone on twitter has also pointed out that the comments under this tweet (from Omid's official account) are turned off. This tweet was about the Duchess of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1300013460084924423


Sorry if I sound that I am ranting, but I really need to point out Omid's unprofessionalism. :hammer:

I personally prefer Camilla Tominey over Omid Scobie any time, despite the fact Camilla Tominey is also a political contributor at the Telegraph.

Scobie is nothing more than Meghan’s PR flunkie pretending to be a reporter

tommy100 08-30-2020 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debrann (Post 2339449)
Just throwing this into the mix and please remove or place elsewhere...what about the book Meghan and Harry...The Real Story...by Lady Colin Campbell. I am 2/3's way through this book and it's my understanding this is the Palace's version???? The only comment I will make so far is that it gives you a clearer picture of Meghan's growing up and perhaps explains how she has turned into the person she has now become :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

No I don't believe its ever been seen as "the palace's version"

Curryong 08-30-2020 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debrann (Post 2339449)
Just throwing this into the mix and please remove or place elsewhere...what about the book Meghan and Harry...The Real Story...by Lady Colin Campbell. I am 2/3's way through this book and it's my understanding this is the Palace's version???? The only comment I will make so far is that it gives you a clearer picture of Meghan's growing up and perhaps explains how she has turned into the person she has now become :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

Lady Coiin Campbell is a fantasist who once peddled a ridiculous theory about the Queen Mother's conception and birth in one of her earlier biographies. She and her book were discussed in July on The Real Story thread.

RandyDrx 08-31-2020 05:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KellyAtLast (Post 2339389)
Fair minded journalist?! Great job being diplomatic?! Lmfao have you heard his interviews lately? And his podcast and read thru his twitter. He is the complete opposite of everything you describe him to be and he is not respected by anyone except the susssex squad. He is most definetly a mouthpiece of Meghan. Only the Sussex fans say he’s reliable because he kisses Meghan’s rear end.


I agree, Omid isn't a royalist, he's a meghanist.

Denville 08-31-2020 06:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RandyDrx (Post 2339497)
I agree, Omid isn't a royalist, he's a meghanist.

Ironically it seems that although he is trying to defend Meghan his picture of them as getting annoyed over all sorts of things, is making them seem worse...Royal reporting isn't exactly high end journalism.. but he does seem to be very much on the poorer side of it.

Heavs 08-31-2020 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC21091968 (Post 2339425)
Omid Scobie tweeted out that The Queen encouraged Welsh people to vote in the Welsh Assembly, as a way to deflect the controversy that Meghan using her title to urge people to vote. He was definitely shifting the blame to the Queen and some of the "Sussex Squad" wants to strip The Queen title.

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1297949971782627331

This has been discuss in the forum previously. First of all, the Queen was given what to say in the Speech, like the Queen's speech in the State Opening of Parliament in Westminster. Second of all, Omid Scobie's lack of constitutional knowledge is deplorable for a royal reporter. Third of all, he is extremely bias and unprofessional for a royal reporter, who seems to be defending Meghan at whatever cost.

What he doesn't realise or ignores because it contradicts his defence of Meghan is that even if the Welsh government or the UK government in Westminster had written "my government will explore a path to becoming a republic in a white paper this year and putting the BRF in council housing" she would still have had to read it.

The only time her words are her own opinions are at Christmas (or Covid) and that generally sticks to non controversial topics and hopes for peace and goodwill.

Omid is about the least fair and balanced reporter out there, which is his prerogative of course. A book that thinks the only thing wrong with Meghan is that everyone get's jealous of her because she's too perfect shows its colours pretty obviously.

Denville 08-31-2020 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heavs (Post 2339526)
What he doesn't realise or ignores because it contradicts his defence of Meghan is that even if the Welsh government or the UK government in Westminster had written "my government will explore a path to becoming a republic in a white paper this year and putting the BRF in council housing" she would still have had to read it.

The only time her words are her own opinions are at Christmas (or Covid) and that generally sticks to non controversial topics and hopes for peace and goodwill.

Omid is about the least fair and balanced reporter out there, which is his prerogative of course. A book that thinks the only thing wrong with Meghan is that everyone get's jealous of her because she's too perfect shows its colours pretty obviously.

He's not the only person who has defended Meghan's "getting political" by reference to the queen's speech at the Welsh assembly. but it does show his lack of understanding...

Osipi 08-31-2020 07:29 AM

I really think that come November 4th, it'll be the end of Meghan seemingly being political. The election will be over and she'll move on to other pastures.

Denville 08-31-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Osipi (Post 2339550)
I really think that come November 4th, it'll be the end of Meghan seemingly being political. The election will be over and she'll move on to other pastures.

I think that she'll still be involved..as it is a way of getting noticed. But some time soon she and Harry will have to find a way of making money, so they will probably concentrate on that soon.

Marengo 08-31-2020 08:05 AM

This thread in the Royal Library is about a book on the duke and duchess. It is not about their future plans regarding politics or income. Neither is it a thread to discuss the ins & outs of the twitter messages of the authors of this book.

Please stay on topic. Further OT remarks will be deleted.

evolvingdoors 08-31-2020 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AC21091968 (Post 2339425)
Omid Scobie tweeted out that The Queen encouraged Welsh people to vote in the Welsh Assembly, as a way to deflect the controversy that Meghan using her title to urge people to vote. He was definitely shifting the blame to the Queen and some of the "Sussex Squad" wants to strip The Queen title.

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1297949971782627331

This has been discuss in the forum previously. First of all, the Queen was given what to say in the Speech, like the Queen's speech in the State Opening of Parliament in Westminster. Second of all, Omid Scobie's lack of constitutional knowledge is deplorable for a royal reporter. Third of all, he is extremely bias and unprofessional for a royal reporter, who seems to be defending Meghan at whatever cost. He also tweeted out:

https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1297156822265139206

On a side note, someone on twitter has also pointed out that the comments under this tweet (from Omid's official account) are turned off. This tweet was about the Duchess of Cambridge
https://twitter.com/scobie/status/1300013460084924423


Sorry if I sound that I am ranting, but I really need to point out Omid's unprofessionalism. :hammer:

I personally prefer Camilla Tominey over Omid Scobie any time, despite the fact Camilla Tominey is also a political contributor at the Telegraph.

Omid started his career as a gossiper for some low rated tabloid (something along the lines of Star I think), in fact I have seen old pics of him and Liney they have known each other for over a decade now.
I refuse to refer to this man a journalist or writer of any kind. his writing is worse than mine in english, and it is not even my first language.:lol:


By the way, is he even part of the royal rota?


Any way, Omid biggest problem isn't his poor writing skills, it is much much worse and quite saddening to be honest. as someone said, he is not a royalist but a Meghanist, and that's the diplomatic way of pointing out the real problem.

poppy7 09-01-2020 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by evolvingdoors (Post 2339571)
Omid started his career as a gossiper for some low rated tabloid (something along the lines of Star I think), in fact I have seen old pics of him and Liney they have known each other for over a decade now.
I refuse to refer to this man a journalist or writer of any kind. his writing is worse than mine in english, and it is not even my first language.:lol:


By the way, is he even part of the royal rota?


Any way, Omid biggest problem isn't his poor writing skills, it is much much worse and quite saddening to be honest. as someone said, he is not a royalist but a Meghanist, and that's the diplomatic way of pointing out the real problem.

No, he is with an American organisation but they travel with them.

He can do what he likes but there isn't really a career in being so much for Meghan. They are not going to provide you with enough work. He must have another role eyed. Tom Bradby had already moved on from royal reporting before that documentary. I mean you could build a career following the royals about but you couldn't build a career on being Brad Pitt's personal journalist. Same principle.

Sandy345 09-01-2020 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by debrann (Post 2339449)
Just throwing this into the mix and please remove or place elsewhere...what about the book Meghan and Harry...The Real Story...by Lady Colin Campbell. I am 2/3's way through this book and it's my understanding this is the Palace's version???? The only comment I will make so far is that it gives you a clearer picture of Meghan's growing up and perhaps explains how she has turned into the person she has now become :ohmy::ohmy::ohmy:

I don't think Lady Campbell would be used as an author to give the Palace version. Especially since her book about the QUeen mother included Campbell's contention that Lady Elizabeth was born illegitimate, the result of an affair her father the Earl had with the cook. I doubt the Queen would want to have anything to do with Campbell under those conditions. Though Campbell has the title, she was only married to the titled person for about a year and she kept the title despite his protests. The Royal Family chose Shawcross for their authorized biography of the Queen Mum certainly would not give credence to Campbell.

Denville 09-02-2020 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppy7 (Post 2339900)
No, he is with an American organisation but they travel with them.

He can do what he likes but there isn't really a career in being so much for Meghan. They are not going to provide you with enough work. He must have another role eyed. Tom Bradby had already moved on from royal reporting before that documentary. I mean you could build a career following the royals about but you couldn't build a career on being Brad Pitt's personal journalist. Same principle.

Unless he goes into PR and works directly for them...

AC21091968 09-02-2020 05:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poppy7 (Post 2339900)
No, he is with an American organisation but they travel with them.

He can do what he likes but there isn't really a career in being so much for Meghan. They are not going to provide you with enough work. He must have another role eyed. Tom Bradby had already moved on from royal reporting before that documentary. I mean you could build a career following the royals about but you couldn't build a career on being Brad Pitt's personal journalist. Same principle.

Omid Scobie is highly unlikely to become a serious and professional journalist, let alone one of world leading Royal commentators. I apologise in advance for mentioning her name again, he is not Camilla Tominey, who started as a royal reporter at the Daily Express (tabloid), before moving to The Telegraph. She is now the Associated Editor of The Telegraph, reporting both Royals and politics. To be fair, she has worked as a reporter for 20 years, covering a lot of news events including 9/11, six general elections and Brexit.

Funny enough, from the Telegraph website: "Her exclusive story breaking the news of Prince Harry’s relationship with Meghan Markle was nominated for Scoop of the Year at the 2016 British Press Awards".

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/authors/camilla-tominey/

Marengo 09-02-2020 07:36 AM

Everything that could have been said about this book has been said multiple times.

This thread will now remain closed.

Please contact me by personal message if there is new information or other things about this book that needs to be posted in this thread so the thread can be re-opened for that purpose.

Curryong 05-06-2021 03:10 AM

Finding Freedom
 
Omid Scobie’s Twitter page yesterday recorded that his FF has been translated into 14 different languages already. He states that Finding Freedom is now (citing Neilson) the fastest selling royal biography in over 16 years and the UKs second bestselling royal bio on record.


https://mobile.twitter.com/scobie/st...48354046926848


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:40 AM.

Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2021
Jelsoft Enterprises